~'Always Fresh at Misc Hortons!'~ Canadian Thread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
so on et canada they said there is going to be a bio pic about celine dion (made for tv i think) and the actors arent going to speak with french canadian accents. i thought it was weird, everyone knows shes from quebec...

and yeah, just trying to rescue the canadian thread :lol: so...thoughts? :p

allmaple said:
so on et canada they said there is going to be a bio pic about celine dion (made for tv i think) and the actors arent going to speak with french canadian accents.

yeah that strikes me as odd too seeing as celine still has her french accent (or atleast she did the last time i heard her talk):lol: i mean, sure it could have become less intense since shes been away from quebec for so long, but still. then again it could be just easier for the studio to find actors that way...who knows

That's really odd. Celine most definetly has a french accent :lol: Maybe they're afraid it will make it to hard for the English speaking audiendce to follow :lol: :rolleyes:

^
^
Or the actors can't do French accents :lol:

I'd rather watch a movie, with english (where there's supposed to be French) than hear the cast butcher a French accent for an hour and a half.

im good with subtitles (bon cop bad cop anyone? :D) im sure there are plenty of good french canadian actors that could speak with their accent. to me i feel it wouldnt be a believable biopic about a quebecois woman without the voice. but thats just me, and i probably wont even watch it... :lol:

does anyone else get the national post? they are sending someone to see michael buble in vegas! except im mad at him because his tour is only a few cities in the states and then over to europe. um, hello? what about your homeland michael!! :lol: but i guess if i win i can forgive him :)

ooooh seeing michael buble in vegas.....sign me up! lol, unfortunately i dont get the post...is there a way you can enter online??

allmaple said:
im good with subtitles (bon cop bad cop anyone? :D) im sure there are plenty of good french canadian actors that could speak with their accent. to me i feel it wouldnt be a believable biopic about a quebecois woman without the voice. but thats just me, and i probably wont even watch it... :lol:

To be fair, the actress playing Celine is from Quebec. Doesn't have a french accent though :lol:

Shelbers said:
ooooh seeing michael buble in vegas.....sign me up! lol, unfortunately i dont get the post...is there a way you can enter online??

yep its all online ;) but if i tell you that would mean more entries against me... :p if you go to canada.com/contests there is a link for his contest

eta: noooo!!! i went back to look at the rules and the concert is the weekend of july 14th when im on vacation with my family :( so any of you can win and i wont be mad at you

see the flight departs on July 13th and I already have concert tix for that day. so you have no reason to be mad :)

It was announced on Wednesday that Percy "Dwight" Wilson died at Sunnybrook Hospital in Toronto. He was 106 and the last living survivor from WW 1 that was living in Canada. There is still one soldier left living in Washington. It's sad when a part of history dies even though you know it will happen some day

just a little note saying congrats to team canada for winning gold at the world hockey championships today :)

ok and a happy mothers day to all the moms!! :D

Today I drove from Saskatoon to Calgary... the first major roadtrip I've ever done by myself. :) Three key differences between Calgary and Saskatoon:

-more hills
-lots of people
-the streets are paved with gold

Seriously, everything is bigger, newer, and shinier here. I <3 it. The city's just dripping money. :D

Has anyone here heard about The Seven Wonders of Canada that CBC is doing? It's pretty much exactly what it sounds like. People can nominate what ever they want... and it gets voted on.

Personally, I think Niagra Falls is a shoo-in. The Canadian side, of course :lol: But what else? Rockies? Canadian sheild? What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back