~'Always Fresh at Misc Hortons!'~ Canadian Thread #4

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Finch, Nov 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4ENSIX

4ENSIX Pathologist

I'm so sad about Ryan Smyth! No more 94... :( At least everything on Whyte won't be destroyed beyond all measure, though. I heard about that - it was depressing. I was actually visiting Edmonton when that happened - pretty intense, eh? At the same time, it was pretty cool because the police were all like, "We need your help identifying these people..." blah blah blah. Haha. Good times. Best of luck to the Oilers for the rest of the season (maybe all the way to the playoffs next year?), and for Ryan and the rest of his season.

2. Shelbers

Shelbers Police Officer

lol yeah no kidding (im not as upset today - disappointed but not upset). i was there (on whyte ave) the night of all that craziness....no i was not causing it. but i had a good time. at least smitty will have a friend in the Island as a ex-oiler was traded to the Islanders a week before smitty was.

3. csikicksurass

csikicksurass Captain

Grrr i am hating Edmonton right now! it is so cold we have to turn up the heat and with my sinus's my nose is always bleeding. Seriously on a school day i wake up at 5:30 am because it's bleeding again. Stupid groundhog said winter would be over!

4. 4ENSIX

4ENSIX Pathologist

Haha...cold weather. Yup, been there. :lol: I live at a similar altitude to Edmonton, and it's always screwing around with my sinuses...And the groundhog is never right. Stupid thing. It was just replaced, and it's broken already??? :lol:

5. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

A friend just sent this to me, thought I'd share it. It's so very, very true :p

If you consider it a sport to gather your food by drilling through 36" of ice and sitting there all day hoping that the food will swim by, you might be a Manitoban

If your local Dairy Queen is closed from September through May, you might be a Manitoban.

If you have worn shorts and a parka at the same time, you might be a Manitoban.

If you have had a lengthy telephone conversation with someone who dialed a wrong number, you might be a Manitoban.

If "Vacation" means going south past Grand Forks for the weekend, you might be a Manitoban.

If you measure distance in hours, you might be a Manitoban.

If you know several people who have hit a deer more than once, you might be a Manitoban.

If you often switch from "heat" to "A/C" in the same day and then back again, you might be a Manitoban.

If you can drive 110 KM/H through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard, without flinchin, you might be a Manitoban.

If you design your kid's Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit, you might be a Manitoban.

If driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled with snow, you might be a Manitoban.

If you know all 4 seasons by: almost winter, winter, still winter and road construction, you might be a Manitoban.

If your idea of creative landscaping is a statue of a deer next to your blue spruce, you might be a Manitoban.

If down south to you means the U.S. border, you might be a Manitoban.

If your 1st of July BBQ was moved indoors due to frost, you might be a Manitoban.

If you have more miles on your snow blower than your car, you might be a Manitoban.

If you find -20 degrees "a little chilly", you might be a Manitoban.

If you actually understand these jokes, and you forward them to all your Manitoba friends, you might be a Manitoban

6. Shelbers

Shelbers Police Officer

hey its not that cold...i mean it could be worse...it could be -40 again like it was back in november.

gah...i hate my laptop. ok well let me rephrase that - i hate its battery! its only a year old and i loose battery power in an hour when all i use is microsoft word. id buy a new battery if i could but i cant afford the $129 price. ive had it on for maybe a half hour and its down to 46% left. makes a boring class that much worse when i dont have my computer! :mad:

7. glam_chic86

glam_chic86 Head of the Graveyard Shift

Guess what. I am not a Manitoban at all :lol:.

Falk. It snowed tonight & I almost slipped too. Oh, how I cursed that patch of icy snow on the sidewalk :mad:. I just want summer to come here already. Winter is a evil, evil season. I describe it as a bully who bothers you for 3 straight months :lol:.

8. allstar12

allstar12 CSI Level Three

K, we had a freaking snow/ice/hail/whatever storm today, and I don't hear about it until Im in class. Like seriously, hello newspeople, broadcast this sh** to me before I leave the house in a non-winter coat. Kthx.

And it's supposed to be +4 and nice out tomorrow, what the hell Mother Nature. Do you have PMS or something..? Make up your mind.

9. 4ENSIX

4ENSIX Pathologist

Only three months?! Lucky. I may not be Manitoban, but I understood every single one of those jokes and actually laughed out loud at the one about the seasons - we have that here too. :lol:

10. allmaple

allmaple Judge

how do you leave without a winter coat allstar?? :eek: :p i left without a hat because it didnt look to bad, and i thought 'warning schmorning!' then when i went to do my dog walking it started to snow, so i stayed inside the play room. but when i left there was so much snow i couldnt see across the street! they closed the school in between my class and lab, which made me sad cuz i really wanted to go to that lab :(
    i really wish id checked the university web site before id gone in the shower, because its still closed! i wont fall back to sleep now :(

11. allstar12

allstar12 CSI Level Three

^
    ^
    You sound like my mum :lol:

It's was technically a winter jacket (it's made by Columbia) but it's not really that warm, so I usually wear an inner fleece from another jacket I have. But yesterday I didn't wear the fleece, so I was freakin' freezing. LOL.

But now the snowing stopped, it rained a little last night and the snow's melting. What is that..?

12. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Gah. We got about 30 cm of snow yesterday. Thankfully, it's finally stopped. Stupid Canadain weather. That's what I get for hoping winter is over :rolleyes:

13. glam_chic86

glam_chic86 Head of the Graveyard Shift

^ 30 cm :eek:. Holy crap, that's lotsa snow.

Starting this year I will go to a tropical location once winter hits Canada. Instead of being surrounded by miserable weather I will be somewhere in the Bahamas, having a margarita. Now, all I need is $$$.

Anyone wanna contribute to the "Give Mina $$$" fund? C'mon, it's the best cause ever :lol:.

14. allmaple

allmaple Judge

im sorry but im already working on the 'send kat to vet school' fund :p i have a pretty good chance of getting into guelph because im meeting the average entry marks, but you never know. and since i dont meet requirements in the states my backup is australia. which would be awesome, cuz its australia, but id need about $150 000 :eek: theres one in bahamas that would be a little cheaper but i dont meet their requirements either :(

15. csikicksurass

csikicksurass Captain

Somg Jorja i want to squeeze your icon tightly :lol:

Uh i want winter gone i dont want it anymore i miss the grass. Grass if you can read this i am sorry i took you for granted and you Mr.Sun *______*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.