~'Always Fresh at Misc Hortons!'~ Canadian Thread #4

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Finch, Nov 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. csikicksurass

csikicksurass Captain

"The good old hockey game is the best game you can play and the best game you can play is the good old hockey game" :lol:

I am not a fan of hockey (and the Oilers are playing right now) but i love that song.

Sports wise i rub off of my dad, since he's from England. I am soccer all they way :D

2. allstar12

allstar12 CSI Level Three

Duuuuuude. I am hurt.

It's probably true .. but still. Ouch. :(

3. glam_chic86

glam_chic86 Head of the Graveyard Shift

^ :lol: You know I luv ya regardless of what area you come from, dirty or not. *huggles*

Ah yes...hockey. I constantly find myself saying how much I loathe the sport but whenever the Canucks play I find myself watching most of the match. Why, I dunno :lol:.

4. Shelbers

Shelbers Police Officer

lol i could never loathe hockey. i would go to the oilers autograph session but its in weat ed this year and well i value my sanity. (and yes i still do have some of my sanity left) :lol:

seriously, my two obssessions are definitely crime dramas (csi's, crossing jordan, without a trace, etc) and all things hockey. though i can't skate to save my life :D

5. glam_chic86

:lol: I *love* ice skating. I always have a blast & one of the good things about winter is that you can ice skate whenever you want. Sadly, I am not up to par with the NHL players or figure skaters :lol:.

6. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

I love skating.... however, I'm horrible at it! I always fall down. I love watching figure skating, though :)

7. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

As long as I've been a part of this, I've never posted in this thread, my mom is from Texas and my dad's from Winnipeg Manitoba, I lived up there for only three years, we decided to move to Texas. Even though there's Canadian blood running through me, I've got a full Texan accent. But ever once in a while, a couple 'Eh's' make appearances.

8. allstar12

^
    ^
    Yes! I love Texans. So, you being half Canadian makes you much more awesome :lol:

9. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

:lol: My best friend is a Texan, but she's lived in Canada for the last 10 years. She's mostly lost her accent, but every once in a while, she lets out a y'all.

10. glam_chic86

^^^ Welcome :D. Nice to see a half Canadian make an apperance & it's even nicer to see that you admit to saying your "eh's" :lol:.

I try to hold my "eh's" in but once in a while they escape my mouth. I don't really know anyone else in my family or any of my friends who say "eh"...

11. Shelbers

Shelbers Police Officer

^^^ welcome :D. lol....i say "eh" all the time. i have no american blood in me at all but i do use "y'all" a lot. my friends rag on me for that. i just say its the southern alberta hick coming out in me. :lol:

12. allstar12

^
    ^
    Hee, I say y'all too. Which gets me a lot of looks cause Im from Scarborough. Im probably the only one in the area to say it :lol:

13. quickbeam_cw

quickbeam_cw CSI Level One

I use "y'all" a lot too... it's just such a useful term. English needs a second person plural form... you know, French has "vous" so English should have "y'all" :p

I used to figure skate for... erm... 11 years? Kept me in shape, but definitely left me with a few lasting injuries. Good times, good times. :p

14. grissoms_gurl

grissoms_gurl Coroner

^I never say "Eh" - i hate it :lol: (my dad says it all the time!) But I do say "y'all" alot :D
    ^I also figure skated for nearly 11 years.. I really wanted to make that my career, but it became too expensive and took up almost 5 days a week. I love skating tho!

15. Shelbers

Shelbers Police Officer

wow....any oiler fans here...other than me? did today not royally suck? as much as i hate to say it, there will be no partying on whyte this spring/summer during what would have been playoff time.

ok no more hockey.....wait...i should sleep..midterm tomorrow. i swear...a midterm 2 days after reading week is just not fair.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.