Adrien Brody

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Hummer, Mar 7, 2006.

1. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

I've just seen details of Hollywoodland on a movie website, I didn't realise that it was already showing in the US, I'll have to wait a little long here in the UK. :eek: Has anyone been to see it yet? I'd love to know how good it is, I'm sure it is. Unfortunately I'm not a big fan of Ben Afleck, but I'll be too busy drooling over AB. ;) :lol:

2. HoratioAndMe

HoratioAndMe Captain

I haven't seen it yet but I may get the chance within the next few days.
    I really am excited about this movie. I know there have been a lot of awesome reviews for the film, Brody, and even Affleck's performances.I'm not a big Ben fan either but I am optimistic about his dilverance.

Getting myself in gear for watching it I just read this review from TimesLeader.com on the film (written by the same writer who predicted Brody would win for 'The Pianist'). Some mild spoilers so read at your own risk.: 'Hollywoodland' grips and entertains..

And Tink, Hollywoodland is set to premiere internationally in late October to early November. :)

3. Tinkerbell

Thank you for all the information HaM (I did read the link, I don't mind mild spoilers, I can't help but look :lol:), this film sounds so good, I can't wait until it shows over here. :)

After all that JLO stuff with Ben Afleck, I really went off him. :( I really do hope he delivers a great performance. Although, obviously I'm more interested in Mr Brody's performance (which, I'm sure, is going to be fantastic). :D

4. Hummer

Hummer Lab Technician

I haven't seen the film yet either. Personal life can really interfere with fanbases! :lol: I can't wait to see it though, and I've actually even convinced my hubby to tag along--should we get the time.
    Ben Affleck has actually won at the Venice Film Festival for best-supporting actor for this movie, so there is the fine chance that his performance is up to grade. Also, while I'm here, some news for you lot:

Adrien Brody Faced the Ape. Now it's the Bulls.

Brody's schedule, what's been released at his website, goes like this. Of course, like any schedule it's subject to change.:

Talk about a case of jetlag! :eek:

5. HoratioAndMe

HoratioAndMe Captain

Wow, what a scedule. Definately looks like his life his packed. I hope the poor guy gets a break soon. All that traveling has got to be wearing him out.

I've got to remember to watch him on Leno. Their last interview was fun, what with AB bringing his two chihuahuas to the show and Jay getting barked at and nearly bitten. I think he said something like, "It's the chin. The dogs don't like my chin," and Adrien said, "Yeah, they're not used to big chins...just big noses."

Edit: also want to share these pics of Adrien on the cover (and inside of) the 'VOGUE Hommes International' Fall/Winter 2006.

And more pics of him here at the Vouge Hommes International website: Brody

6. lantiscod

lantiscod Pathologist

WOW! On my first day back here...I got those gorgeous pics of AB! Thank you so much for sharing HoratioAndMe! He is that amazing! :lol: :D Keep all! :D

7. HoratioAndMe

HoratioAndMe Captain

Welcome back lantiscod. Lovely banner you have there, can't wait to see that film.

You're welcome for the link to the pics. I like Adrien with the slicked back hair and it does kind of make him seem debonair. Still, I think the bed-head hair-do suits his personality more.

Anyway, I'm getting to go watch 'Hollywoodland,' finally this evening! I'll try to post some non-spoilerish bits about it sometime tomorrow for you guys.

8. od0_ital

od0_ital Dead on Arrival

I saw Hollywoodland a couple of weeks ago. It was a pretty good movie. Not a big fan of Adrien Brody, and this movie didn't make me one. He was alright, but Ben Affleck was definately the better of the two actors. The story of George Reeves was more interestin' than Brody's detective story, too.

9. lantiscod

lantiscod Pathologist

AHA, HoratioAndMe! :D About the banner...I should thank Hummer again...she made it for me... :D

And it would be very nice of you to take caps from Hollywoodland in advance...anyway, I haven't watch it yet... I know I've got some...but few caps more won't bother me, right?! :D

I like black-and-white pics of AB, especially those above three. Though color pics of AB ares still great, eg caps from movies...but black-and-whit ones stand out even at a glance...I love them! :D

10. Tinkerbell

I hope you enjoy Hollywoodland HaM. I'm also looking forward to seeing when it comes out over here. I look forward to your thoughts on it. :)

By the way, that Vogue cover is just to die for. :D

11. lantiscod

lantiscod Pathologist

Say hello to you guys...just to remind you I am still sitting here with my love for AB... Oh, I haven't seen AB for two days...two or three? :rolleyes: :D :D :D

12. HoratioAndMe

HoratioAndMe Captain

Sorry guys for my belated thoughts on 'Hollywoodland'.

All of the performances were spectacular. In my own opinion, this movie deserves an Academy Award for anything it can get. I’m not a big Affleck fan but I think he could easily get an award for his performance. Diane Lane and Bob Hoskins are great as well.

Still, as always, Adrien is the crème of the crop. I think he even upped his own skill with this one. As far as his character goes, he really is slimy and kind of a know-it-all—not usually, the kind of character you root for in a movie—but he somewhat gradually earns your love throughout. He still comes out hard-boiled though. Love the tender moments with the kid in the movie.

As far as the movie itself goes, it really is an interesting plot. I know many who-done-it movies aren’t worth their weight and—before I watched it—I was a little pessimistic about the whole Superman thing, but it soon grabbed my attention. There are more twists and turns in this movie than there are in a good Agatha Christie novel (which is saying a lot) and I was very engrossed in it. However, to me, the ending wasn’t as satisfying as it should have been.

13. Hummer

Hummer Lab Technician

Thank you so much for your thoughts HnM. I can't believe I still haven't seen it.

Some news concerning AB:

source: mtv.co.uk.

14. Tinkerbell

Aww don't worry Hummer I'm also in the same boat. Hopefully I won't have to wait much longer here. :)

Okay, I finally managed to watch 'The Pianist' over the weekend. *yay* :D I will start of by saying I found the first 40 minutes or so very hard to watch, this has nothing to do with Adrien Brody's performance, but more do to with how Roman Polanski captured the realism of how Jewish people were treated during this time. I actually had to take a break from it for about an hour for that reason. The scene with the man in the wheelchair will stay with me until the day I die. :(

All this aside, this really is an amazing film. Adrien Broody performance was just mesmerizing. I was quite astonished how amazing he was. I can see why he won an Oscar for his portrayal of Wladyslaw Szpilman and it was totally deserved. It has to be said - this is my favorite Adrien Brody movie hands down. I may need to leave it for a little while before I watch it again. It was pretty upsetting to watch.

15. HoratioAndMe

HoratioAndMe Captain

I hope both of you get to see Hollywoodland soon. AB is utterly flawless in it. Here in the US it's suppose to be released on DVD in Jan 07.

Tink I'm so glad you finally got to see The Pianist. I agree the film is hard to watch--the wheelchair scene is indeed haunting--and Roman certainly captured the heartbreak and nightmarish quality that the Polish, and Wladyslaw, must have felt during that horrible time. When I went to see it in theaters it was amazing how it affected everyone in the room. It's certainly a powerful film, and even though it isn't a feel good movie, I think it is one of the most needful films of our time.

I was actually suprised that it didn't win best-picture that year (though Roman did get his much deserved best-director Ocsar).