Add a Bit (Horatio and Rick slash)

As to add emphasis to his point, the ginger haired man did a playful hip wiggle and laughed, while his eyes sparkled like a child stealing the last cookie in a cookie jar. "Man, you're KILLING ME here, Horatio!" Rick put the kitchen knife down as he was cutting the eggplant and gave into a rich, hearty peal of laughter...

Horatio sat down at the small table in the patio. He had left the sliding glass door open so he could still communicate with his lover. Horatio watched Rick as he went back to his cooking. He liked the way the man moved--smooth, fluid movements like a Thoroughbred racehorse.

While Rick concentrated on preparing their food, Horatio began to look at the newspaper that had been sitting on the table, but he put it back down when he realized it was two days old. The hot tub lights had come on automatically and attracted his attention. He looked over at the hot tub. When he looked at the bubbling water, a feeling of dread seized him.

Last edited:
Rick didn't sense this newborn feeling and acted very nonchalantly as he put their prepared meal out on the table to eat. "Balmy tonight, isn't it? I think I'll eat in a * natural style *too, since you're already doing the same" he smiled as he proceeded to change into his birthday suit. "Gotcha! That's for shaking at me like that" he laughed as he went to the side of Horatio's seat and pinched him. "Ohhh!" the redhead said after the pinch jarred him out of his shadowy mood.

"Right on my bottom-glad I'm not at work or I'd have a hard time explaining this mark in the shower..." he laughed, but the laughter had not gone to his eyes...this told his lover that something was wrong.

Last edited:
"Hey..." Rick brushed his hand gently over Horatio's hair. "What's wrong?"

Horatio looked sadly into his lover's brown eyes. "I just want you to be safe...and when I look at that hot tub..."

"It's OK, Horatio. I'm going to go back into that tub and I'll be fine...with you with me, I'll be fine."

"I believe you Rick, honestly; it's just that in my life... I've seen... I've lost too many people that I love and to think that day...that tub...it was so close... too, too close..." Horatio closed his eyes and lowered his head, fighting back tears...

Last edited:
Seeing his companion, the man he loved so much, getting so upset, made tears come to Rick's eyes, too. He knelt down and put his arms around Horatio. "Yes, I know what you've gone through. I've watched it through the years, and I wish I could have comforted you then the way I can now." Rick renewed the hug then eased back, keeping his hands firmly on Horatio's shoulders, squeezing them. "I think we should walk over to the hot tub now. Let's just sit by it, until we're both ready to go in."

After setting their meal back into the kitchen to stay warm, the two men went to the edge of the tub and sat down in silence, letting the tumbling waters rush around their knees.

While both of them were silent, Horatio put his head on his lover's shoulder and let out the tears that he had been holding back, all the while knowing that strong, faithful arms were there to comfort him...

Rick wrapped his arms around Horatio. He was feeling scared, too. After all, he had almost died at the bottom of this thing that their feet were dangling in. But he wanted them both to be able to enjoy the hot tub again. Horatio looked up at him with tender eyes. Wet streaks ran from each corner down to his chin. Rick began to kiss at the tears. He would kiss them away and then everything would be OK.

The two men pressed in closer to each other, and the sensations they began to feel made them slowly forget about the hot tub. They both turned to get closer still, and the movement caused them to reach the brink of the wooden edge of the tub. They both slipped into the warm bubbling water simultaneously. And both of their eyes grew wide simultaneously. They looked at each other with both their mouths forming an "O". And Horatio burst out laughing. Then Rick burst out laughing, too.

Last edited:
"Come on," Rick said after a little bit. "It's long past due time to eat and I want you to especially try the eggplant." Horatio agreed and confessed that his stomach was growling.

After drying off and changing into lounging pajamas, the couple settled down to the delicious meal. "Like we used to say back home, this is strictly for *medicinal purposes*" Rick said quietly as he opened up a bottle and poured glasses of white wine to go with the meal.

Horatio thoroughly enjoyed the meal and the wine had a very relaxing effect on him, so relaxing that he began to yawn at the table, blushing when he caught himself doing so.

"That sweet mouth of yours doesn't need to say sorry; I've finished the dishes, let's tuck in for the night" Rick finished his remark with a gentle kiss and led his beloved straight to bed where in a few moments, he held the redhead close in his arms.

"I promise to do all I can to stay safe, as I know you will too, my angel...rest now, I'm here...I'm not going anywhere, I love you, sweet angel." Rick said the words in a lullaby tone of voice cradling his beloved, kissing right near those precious eyes until he could tell that Horatio had fallen into a deep slumber, but not before the ginger haired man had whispered *I love you too, you know* back to him....

Last edited:
Horatio and Rick slept soundly in each other's arms and awoke feeling stiff and wooden. Because their muscles were tired from thrashing around in the hot tub the previous evening. They had spent an hour splashing each other while treading water and laughing heartily as they got over their fear of the small bubbling pool.

"Some say you have to fight fire with fire, but anymore dunking and we would have been waterlogged..." Horatio sighed as he offered to rub the brunet's back...

Last edited:
Rick closed his eyes as his companion massaged his sore back.

"Thanks, Horatio...you're so..." Horatio's fingers found all the right places. "...good at that."

" I'm available for *full body massages* too, you know" Horatio made his voice more alluring than usual as he felt Rick arch into his touch. " Just what the doctor ordered," Rick turned and grinned as he began to remove his lover's pajama top. "Besides, the Do not disturb sign is still up on the door; might as well make hay while the sun shines, as they say..." Rick's remark caused fire to flash into those azure eyes, which of course, would kindle other fires elsewhere...

**Two Hours Later**

"Oh, all right," Horatio said. "I'll be the one to move the bed back into place this time."

"Thanks," Rick said with a satisfied sigh. He wiped his brow and chuckled. "Yeah, I've been rode hard and put away wet."

"Horseman's talk again, huh?" Horatio smiled as he moved the headboard back into place. " Can't leave you in such a state, Rick; I guess I'll have to hand groom you as well till you're nice and dry..." he gathered up a nice, thick, green and sand colored towel which had the design of cacti, big and small as a pattern on it.

The brunet once more surrendered willingly to being handled expertly by his beloved...

Back