Adam/AJ: Lab Geeks Can Be Hot

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Hopefully we'll see him tonight. He's a fun character. It would be a shame to bump him up to a regular cast member and then treat him as if he were Hawkes. :lol:

Well, he's been listed in the recurring list for every episode so far and we can't count on that--but there was a promo shot of him from tonight's episode, so hopefully that means he'll be there.

It's about damn time he comes back. :(

ETA: Aww, MrsG, be nice! :lol: Hawkes doesn't get much screentime, but at least he's not MIA for episodes at a time. :p

(Adam and Hawkes can spend time together. ;) ;) ;))

Faylinn said

It's about damn time he comes back. :(

I'll be seriously pissed, if he isn't in it. God knows I missed him the last two episodes... :(

(Adam and Hawkes can spend time together. ;) ;) ;))

That certainly explains everything! We don't see them on screen that much, because they are always busy together; and that is just not appropriated for prime time tv... :devil: :p ;)

They should install a video camera and make some DVDs. :devil:

This isn't really a spoiler, so I won't put it in a spoiler box:

ADAM IS THERE TONIGHT! :D :D :D

MrsGiovinazzo said:
He's a fun character. It would be a shame to bump him up to a regular cast member and then treat him as if he were Hawkes. :lol:
MrsG, you took the words out of my mouth. I think it's a travesty to bump up AJ to regular status, and then relegate him to the background, just as they've done with Hawkes. They're being treated like the forgotten children or something. It's not cool. I was pleased that last week was a Flack-centric episode, but it seems like Adam's gone on unexplained sabbatical.

IMO, AJ should have been included in the new credits. Robert Joy should have been too, but that's for another thread.

Fay, I'm with you on the tats issue, and honestly don't comprehend TPTB. Why shouldn't Adam have some ink? He did go to college. He's an adult. I've got lots of geek-type friends who sport tats. Granted, "Adam" might not boast ink as intricate or extensive as AJ, but it wouldn't be unheard of for him to be tattooed.

Ah, it was good to see Adam again last night. The past few episodes have been missing a certain something without him there. I'm hoping that he'll be in the majority of the episodes this season, especially considering the contract he signed, rather than only being there half of the time like he was last season.

Next week's press release is the first one to list him in the "series regulars" section, so hopefully that's a sign that he'll now be included more. ;)

ADAM!! Series regular, hurrah! :D I bring celebratory screencaps of the pretty...

adam1.png

adam2.png

ny404adam.png

He's so adorable. :lol: Oh Adam, how I've missed you and your bummfluff these past few weeks. *strokes the beard*

But I'm curious about what he's listening to on his iPod. ;)

Thanks for the pictures, Lorelai. I wish I could use one on the background of my computer, but alas, I have a 13 year old sister and it's not worth the annoyance. :lol:

I'm quoting this from the "Is the Old Danny Back?" thread since it relates to Adam and we want to keep everything in the 'appropriate' threads.

PerfectAnomaly said:
I think having them both suffer psychological problems to different degrees would be a great story line. I also think it would be a great way to tie two characters who had vastly different reactions to a shared traumatic experience.

I don't think Adam is better adjusted or that he was waiting for an opportunity to act. Adam is socially awkward at work and he's admitted to suffering at least emotional abuse from his father. Adam was scared shitless and I don't think he would have done anything to try to escape. He would have waited until help arrived, or the baddies let him go, or he would have been killed. Plus he had the added guilt of giving up the lab to try and save himself. Danny was scared, but he was able to think clearly enough to come up with a plan, comfort Adam enough to help with it and then execute the plan even though it meant more injuries for himself. Adam is a scientist or techie or whatever TPTB are making him now that he's a regular character, and he wouldn't have a clue how to handle the situation. Danny's a cop and grew up having to watch his back, so I think he knew the baddies would never let them go. I saw his being the distraction for Adam as simply a cop doing what he needed to do to try and get out of a bad situation and save himself and the others and hopefully catch the baddies.

They both should have psychological issues but in totally different ways. I really don't expect anything to be addressed, however, so I'll be pleasantly surprised if it is. Even if it's only one of the two characters who goes through something.
I think it would be a mistake to assume that since Adam shows no outward signs of trauma from his experiences in "Snow Day" that everything is okay. Some people internalize their feelings, and for someone who put up with abuse as a child, he might not feel like he can acknowledge what's going on with him. I think the hostage situation would have more devasting long-term effects for him if he was able to convince everyone that everything was hunky-dory.

My two cents: He felt like a failure and a traitor and a worthless snitch--and he had to depend on someone else to get them out of the mess they were in. Saving those cops at the end wouldn't have undone the rest of it--he'd feel like that was what he was supposed to do and therefore wasn't worth mentioning...

It would be nice if I thought they were actually planning something for Adam, but I'm thinking it's probably not going to happen. Even though he's a reg now, I doubt he's high on their list of characters to develop.

I was just coming over to bring that conversation. Thanks Fay, you always are much more appropriate than I. ;) :p

It's a damn shame if there's no follow-up on this. It would make for facinating character development and AJ Buckley would do an amazing job with it.

Adam seems to be a little socially awkward and he most definitely isn’t someone, who would want to talk about what happened to him in SD. I absolutely agree that he probably felt kind of worthless in the whole hostage situation and he definitely felt guilty for giving up the codes for the lab. Seeing it rationally, there wasn’t anything he could have done, but I doubt that he sees it this way. And it most likely isn’t going to help that Danny heroically saved the day. IMO Adam did great in the whole ordeal and he saved the cops in the end, but I guess that he is kind of convinced that he really didn’t contribute much to get out of there.

Considering that, it is more than likely that Adam would have some emotional problems to deal with, but I agree that we probably will never see a sign of it on screen, which is a shame, because AJ is indeed a great actor who would do great with such a story line, and Adam is a character with a lot of potential.

But I also doubt that we will see a major story line for Danny dealing with the aftermath of SD, seeing how TPTB use to handle continuity… Well, hopefully I’m wrong and we will actually get some continuity preferably for both characters.

Considering that, it is more than likely that Adam would have some emotional problems to deal with
Exactly--and it would be easy to put in little moments to show that. Adam obviously craves approval, although the way he goes about it isn't the same way someone else might (like Danny for example). On some level, he's probably constantly seeking it and simultaneously wondering if he deserves it. He might function well and be a good scientist, but internally I think it's possible that he's a mess. His social awkwardness indicates a lack of confidence and knowledge of how to deal with people--both of which just make it harder to feel like you really contribute.

I'm wondering if Adam might be pushing himself to try to gain extra approval, especially from Mac. The way Mac is telling him to log off and Adam keeps saying that he can do it...maybe they're subtly showing that Adam is really trying to prove himself and get Mac's attention (and paternal affection, maybe)...Or maybe I'm thinking too far into something that hasn't even aired yet. ;)

OMG! it took me a season and a half to notice how hot Adam (AJ) is...i'm compleatly in love it the boy *sighs*

now i have to add him to my obsessions list that looks a little something like this:

- Gary Sinise
- Billy Petersen
- Johnny depp
- wiL Francis
- Ville Valo
- AJ Buckley

see he's there on the bottom...he shoul be very proud he made into the top 6, it's a tough one to get into...

OMG! it took me a season and a half to notice how hot Adam (AJ) is...
B-but, how could you miss the beard?!?! :eek:

Honestly, I think he grew on me too. It's rare that I'll fangirl someone simply for being attractive--otherwise I'd fangirl just about everybody on tv and whatnot. :p

I don't have any new pictures of AJ, but I guess I'll bring back a few oldies but goodies.

Ignore the hole in his shirt and concentrate on his expression. :p

I can't tell whether I hate this picture or love it--the holey shirt plus a little headband...thing. :eek:

This one is probably my favorite. :devil:

Sweet mercy indeed, AJ. Sweet mercy indeed. ;)

ETA: There are two promo stills of Adam from the next episode, "Down the Rabbit Hole": 1 and 2. Here's the one from last week's episode, "Time's Up"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back