Adam/AJ #3 - AdamRoss.Edu

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Stepherweps, Nov 2, 2009.

1. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

I would have been excited as well! It's always great to get something when you don't expect it. And what do we learn? Always leave your address on the envelope. :D

Oh, the list would be long I guess. :D Adam is Adam because he's having his own sense of humor and because he loves his job.

2. Vildis

Vildis Lab Technician

Nah, that's not enough. Adam is Adam because:

- He is such a hilarious dork. I mean, who else would think that playstation games are very realistic? :lol:
    - He has awesome interests. I mean, Guitar hero and a pizza slice is all he needs before he is satisfied.Or some music in the lab, or some paper airplanes :lol: He doesn't need much to keep himself entertained for a long time.
    - He has a huge interest in computers and other typical geeky stuff, but he is still a social and nice person.
    - he finds the most stupid things amusing. Remember the suspect with the horns or the silicon doll :lol:

Okay, I can stop right here. I won't write a million of things now :rolleyes:

Last edited: Feb 26, 2010
  3. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

Oh, your list is cool! And summing up perfectly well how he is and what makes him so unique. It's what I love about the cast; that all of them are so unique. Adam is indeed interested in a lot of stuff that no one else is into so much and he loves computers; it's cool. Can you imagine how he's sitting at home, playing Second Life. Didn't he even know this Venus girl as well? Or doing racing games on his playstation. :lol: I think if Adam had a child, his favourite part of being a father would be playing with the kid. ;)

What makes him so real though is that he sometimes just speaks out what he thinks, even in front of Mac (or especially?). One of my favourites of those moments definitely is when he is amazed by what the serial killer did until Mac gives him a look and he's all 'oh, and it's evil, real evil'. :lol:

4. Vildis

Vildis Lab Technician

The Venus girl? Oh, you mean the Suicide girl? He dated her for a while and knew a lot about these girls. Which was quite odd, as I never expected that he would date any of those girls actually. But knowing Adam, I can completely understand it. He was probably really amazed and fascinated ;)

Adam always says and does whatever he wants. Even if it ends up with Mac or someone else being unhappy or simply just disagree (even if they don't say it, but you can see it if you look at how they look at Adam at times). It's something I really like. I mean, he doesn't even try to be someone else. Someone who thinks before he speaks or does something. He is not afraid of saying/doing stupid things even if it may be embarrassing. Like the serial killer. Adam admired that guy and thought that what the serial killer did was 'brilliant'. The same with using 'Boom' when Danny didn't say it.

It's impossible to dislike it.

5. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

No, I meant this famous girl from Second Life, I think her name was Venus. In the German version he called her the Paris Hilton of Second Life, but I don't know if they used the same thing in the original version. Oh yeah, I almost forgot about the Suicide Girl! I wonder who of them he dated? This was another funny and interesting fact.

Yeah, I know what you mean. He just does what he wants, indeed. I think it's another thing people like about him. That he is just himself, not playing some random role. When he said the Boom was really awesome btw. :lol:

6. Vildis

Vildis Lab Technician

Oh, I really misunderstood you there. I remember Venus now. Adam didn't know her personally, but he knew who she was. As she was a celebrity (As you said, the Paris Hilton of Second Life). I am not sure he made any friends 'in' the game. I think he just played for fun and didn't care if he started to chat to someone random and get the chance to know that person.

Adam never said which Suicide Girl, just that he used to date one of them. It would be fun if it were of of those girls that we saw in the episode. But I don't really care. It's still one of these surprising facts, but when you have realized that it's true it's completely normal and natural as it's so typical Adam to like/do weird things :)

7. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

Yeah, I think he has jus fun with those games. I think all this computer stuff also fascinates him. I remember there was an episode where he had found this secret hacker site. He knows a lot about all that, I think this was in The Thing About Heroes, episode 10 from season 4. Where there was this weird virus on the ipod or something. And thinking of an ipod, I really love how he distracted the boy from The Party Is Over with it, and how he explained this thing with which he found him (I don't know the English name of it right now).

8. Vildis

Vildis Lab Technician

I don't remember the virus thing. I have to watch that episode when I come back home. I just remember another episode from season 4 (I think). When he had to take all witnesses' cell phones as they had cameras and had photos from a prom/school event and put the pictures into a computer. Adam is good at things like that.

But thinking about the boy and the ipod, I loved how he gave the ipod to the boy. With tears in the eyes as Adam felt sorry for the boy, and told him that there was some good music on it. I can't think of many that would do the same like Adam in a situation like that. The others never realised how much Adam meant for that boy, and how Adam knew how the boy felt and understood him really well. It made that scene so heartbreaking, sad but very realistic and good at the same time. No one else would treat the boy like Adam did, and really listen to him and understand him completely.

I saw what you wrote in another thread, but decided to talk about it here. Do you really think Adam ever would be interested in mind-reading? He likes weird things, but I think Sid would be more interested in mind-reading, because of the brain and how it works.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2010
  9. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

:lol: Yeah, I think Sid would also be interested in that!

Oh yes, that was really brilliant how he reconstructed the crime scene from Admission so they could have a look at what happened. Oh, and how about this thingy you can use to open a safe? This round thing that when you turn it around opens the safe. I think he was really fascinated by the thing!

Aww, your description is cool. Yeah, it's true, I think no one else would have been able to talk to the boy better than Adam. No surprise he was shocked when he found out it was him who killed the man! I love how he gave his ipod to him then. Sometimes you just want to hug him.

10. Vildis

Vildis Lab Technician

By the way, I have watched some re-runs today, and somehow I realized something that I never thought of before. We all know that Adam is nervous around Mac, and that Adam's father was a bully. So I thought that Adam may be a little afraid of authorities. Like Adam always felt he had to impress when Mac is around. That was probably why he was so worried when he came into Mac's office and thought Mac had fired him. But Adam was so relieved when he found out that Mac had nothing to do with it.

So I have been thinking about it. Adam only seems to be nervous around Mac, not scared. So I am not sure if Adam feel the urge to impress on Mac; as Mac is the boss and Adam is the low man on the totem pole. I may be wrong, but I thought that it looks like Adam and Mac have some kind of father and son-relationship. Where Adam is like the teenage boy who makes his mistakes and stupid things, and Mac is the permissive father who never gets mad at Adam. He may think that Adam is strange at times, but never gets mad or tells Adam to change his behaviour.

SI have no idea if it makes sense. But I don't really think Adam and Mac have a typical and normal colleague relationship or an employee/boss relationship. I have even noticed that Adam is the only one who calls Mac 'boss'. Everyone else simply say 'Mac'.

What do you think about their relationship? I am open for more opinions here as I am just curious and it is impossible to not see how they treat each other.

11. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

Oh, that is a very interesting thought, that didn't come to my mind yet either. You're right, Adam is nervous around Mac. I also think he tries to impress him somehow, or at least make sure that Mac doesn't have a problem with him. Which also is why Mac only needs to give him a look (like when he laughed about his name or was impressed by the serial killer) and Adam quickly adjusts his answer. I also don't think it is too much of a boss/co-worker kind of relationship, because it just feels different somehow. I think Mac is a father figure anyway and as Adam sometimes acts like a child or teenager, maybe he really sees him as some kind of a father. Does that make any sense? I think they have quite an interesting relationship. I also think Mac would never really be mad at Adam, he wasn't even really angry when Adam admitted he talked about Sam's car to Flack first. And he really tried everything possible to keep his job.

12. Vildis

Vildis Lab Technician

I mean, Mac is usually formal and polite. So I think it is really great to see that he accepts the nickname 'Boss'. Even if only Adam says it, no one else. I can't even imagine what would happen if anyone else would call Mac 'Boss'. It is just to diffcult to imagine it. As it is something Mac normally never would accept. It's just the way he is.

And he actually smiled when Adam danced in the lab, and he clearly cares about Adam. I mean, he wanted to keep Adam when there were budget cuts and when Stella wanted to have a certain machine in the lab. But Mac found it more important to keep Adam, as no machine ever could replace Adam.

I think they really like each other, even if they have problems showing it. So a father and son-relationship or something similar comes to my mind. Friends is not the right word, and it's not the typical boss/co-worker relationship. Because if it was like that, both would act more friendly and relaxed.

13. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

Yeah, I get the feeling as well, Mac cares for Adam. He doesn't give him any annoyed looks or something when Adam says something weird or so. Instead he usually smiles and finds it funny. Like you said, he really wanted to keep him because this machine wouldn't be able to replace him. And it's true, Mac doesn't seem like he minds this nickname. I also don't think it's a normal friendship or so, like you said, it more is a father/son relationship. I think for friends they're...I don't know how to name it. There is just some kind of a difference between them but I don't know how to name it.

14. Vildis

Vildis Lab Technician

The funny thing is that Adam wasn't supposed to be a nervous character. But AJ was so nervous and needed this role, which affected the way he acted when he went to the audition and try to get the role as Adam Ross. Somehow, they liked it and decided to make Adam a nervous and insecure character.

They can't be friends as they are simply not relaxed together. It's like it's something there between them that makes it impossible. Even if it's no bad thing. Adam respects Mac and really look up to him, while Mac simply likes Adam. I think it can be a father and son-relationship. As Adam has no good relation to his own father, and Mac has no kids. Even if he started to care for Reed as he is Claire's son. He came into Mac's life pretty late, but it doesn't matter. At the same time, I am not sure Mac and Reed would even talk if Reed wasn't Claire's son, and reminds Mac so much of Claire and their good times together. And Mac knows that Claire thought about her son often, even if she decided to make sure someone could adopt him.

So the relationship feels more natural between Adam and Mac.

15. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

Oh, really? I love that! So we can think that there is a lot AJ adds to the character? That's even better. We had a similar discussion in the Lindsay thread. It's great that he inspired this character and added so much to it.

Yeah, I think that's what I meant as well. They aren't as relaxed as Adam is for example around Danny. It really isn't a bad thing, but it makes me believe even more that this is a father/son relationship, because this also isn't as easy as a friendship relationship. I also agree with you that their relationship comes across as natural. They aren't that relaxed around each other like close friends but still they have some kind of a connection.