Adam/AJ #2: The X-Factor - Must. Fight. Crime!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Jan 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I dunno - here's a quote from an interview AJ did with CSI Files in 2007:

He clearly has his centuries mixed up (the 1850s would be the 19th century), but I'd assume he wouldn't call the character Scottish if he was supposed to be Welsh.

Now I'm all confuzzled. :confused:

2. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

Hmmmm, their accents weren't Welsh or Scottish and Wikipedia is no help on this issue. Totally irrelevant but I can do an alright Welsh accent, my Scottish is a bit dodgy though.

3. fm62

fm62 Prime Suspect

Ok, this had already arrived, so just finished watching it. They do say several times that they'd come there from Wales, but only the sin eater managed to find or hold onto a Welsh accent (actor from Cardiff).

Clearly nobody told AJ he was supposed to be Welsh :) though at one time he did a very passible Belfast accent, mostly he didn't bother changing his accent. Most of the cast were doing a good stab at a Scottish Highlands accent and the dialect seemed quite Scottish, though there was also Irish and Californian in there too.

It liked the film though, it was like 'little house on the mountains' and AJ did a good job (and was a very caring dad). It was a bit contrived near the end with the religious part, but it didn't grate too much.

Not sure if i'm allowed to mention other sites, if not sorry, but imdb.com gives info on films / tv programmes and on the actors.

I'm useless at accents, I come from west central Scotland and yet can't even do an Edinburgh accent properly, though when I worked there I unintentionally picked up some of the dialect.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2009
  4. Faylinn

Have you watched the deleted scenes? There was a good fatherly one in there.

Yeah, exactly.

As a random note, this is a post I made about the movie back when I first saw it (to post on the Adam/AJ LJ community, obviously) - there aren't really any major spoilers, but it's long as heck. It's funny to see that I didn't question their accents for the most part and just thought they were all good - I can recognize certain types of accents, but otherwise I wouldn't know the difference between them (or the difference between a good one and a bad one). :p

5. fm62

fm62 Prime Suspect

That was a long read :lol:

You're right, it doesn't make sense to buy a film just because you like the actor. I however have had a lifetime of being ultra sensible and now i'm going down the senile / illogical route. I've bought all the films I can with men / boys from the tv shows I watch, as well as the ones I :drool: over, like James Russo, Benjamin Bratt and Lou Diamond Phillips. I have to admit to being sexist, as I never really care much about the females in any of the shows, even if they're killed off, like on NCIS. I did however, when going through some tough time, sob for 20 minutes because Elliott Stabler's boss yelled at him, I was so upset I had to turn the tv off.

I did laugh at the ovaries explode comment, I've never heard that saying before.

6. Faylinn

I think I'm physically incapable of writing anything short.

Except maybe right now. :D

7. Faylinn

Since it's been more than 24 hours, I'm double-posting.

How adorable was Adam in "No Good Deed"? He's such a dork, I love him - and he even makes himself giggle, which I think is hilarious.

8. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

He was so funny when he was doing an impression of a vulture eating :lol: and he really amused himself when he said Mac and Stella that he will tell Flack about looking for a man with horns and he couldn't stop laughting.:lol:

9. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Yeah, I loved Adam too! It was a good episode for him, seemed like quite a lot of Adam for one episode (not that I am complaining of course), his laugh is totally adorable. And the bird impression definitely made me smile. :lol:

10. fm62

fm62 Prime Suspect

His bird impression was more original than Sid's, though I can really see Adam growing up to become Sid no 2.

I love the sibling type relationship between Adam and Danny, Adam the dorky little brother and Danny the 'thinks he's cool' older brother. Danny's facial impressions said it all this week. It's cute when Danny growls "Adam" right behind him, to make Adam jump.

11. 11krage

11krage Dead on Arrival

Does anyone know the truth behind rumours that adam is getting his own dramatic plot line? I've heard it whispered in a few places.

12. Impala1990

Impala1990 Victim

AJ done an interview where he said that the writers want to go into Adam's storyline more, and that there are layers to whats behind the mask of adam and what makes him hurt.

13. egeria

egeria This mod is Ready for the Laughing Gas!

Watched my first episode of NY, 'The Party's Over' and I'm so in love with Adam! Steph encouraged ;) me to watch it, and wow...my heart melted! He's awesome!

Last edited: Mar 1, 2009
  14. Faylinn

Aww - Welcome to the Dork Side, egeria. We have cupcakes. :p

Well, he had good scenes in "The Party's Over", and he's got at least one dramatic-type scene coming up - but as for an actual plot line? I dunno.

My guess is that was referring to the stuff in "The Party's Over" - it would be awesome if they told us more about him, though.

He's my favorite. ;)

15. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

Carrieeeeeee!! Hehe, you've come to the dork side. Exactly what I like to see. ;) I agree with you, Adam was totally awesome in 5.15, I loved how his character was delved further into in that ep. But you really must watch 5.16 now. :p You have to see his impression of a bird, it is priceless, you got to see Adam's sensitive side, now you have got to see some of his dorky side, trust me, it is like the cutest thing. :adore:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.