"Acting On Impulse and Love"- A CSI: LV story (Greg centered)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by GregNickRyanFan, May 21, 2008.

1. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

aww very nice :)

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I'm going to try to get another chapter done tomorrow. :)

3. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

Awwwww... baby!!!! :D

I like this story so far. Good job!

4. GregNickRyanFan

Chapter Seventeen: Trapped

Nick and Dawn were investigating a case where a man was found dead in a cave. The siblings were inside the cave processing when the rumblings started.

"Nicky, what's happening?" Dawn said.

"I don't know." He looked up. "Dawnie!" He reached out to grab her. He pulled her toward him shielding her with his body.

"Nicky!" Dawn screamed, not knowing what was going on.

"It's okay, Dawn." he said once the rumbling of the rocks had stopped.

"Nicky, we're trapped in here." She said with tears in her eyes.

"Hey, come on, honey." He said, hugging her. "Don't cry."

"I'm scared, Nicky."

"Why?"

"We are trapped in a cave with no food or water and it's not just me. I need to eat for two or possibly three if Greg was right." She rambled.

"It's gonna be okay, sis. I promise we'll be okay."

"I haven't even had the chance to tell him."

"Tell who what?"

"Greg."

"Tell Greg what, honey?"

"Didn't you hear me before, Nick?"

"What?"

"Forget it. Greg should be the first to know anyway."

"Know what?"

"That is if we get out of here." She mumbled, ignoring his question.
    ~ ~ ~
    Greg arrived at the site. There were many people outside trying to clear the rubble away that was trapping Nick and Dawn inside.

"How long have they been in there?" Greg asked Grissom and Catherine.

"Not that long, Greg." Cath said. She put her hand on his shoulder. "She'll be okay, Greg. She's with her brother."

"I know, but Cath, they have no food or water."

"Hopefully they won't be in there long enough for that to even be an issue." Grissom told him.
    ~ ~ ~
    Dawn was crying and Nick once again pulled her into a hug. "Shh, Dawnie. It's okay." He kissed her crown.

"I'm so scared, Nicky."

"We're oging to get out of here, Dawn. I promise you we will." He noticed how she kept putting her hand on her stomach. "Dawn, do you have a stomach ache?"

"No."

"Okay." He figured it must just be something she was doing because she was nervous. "It's gonna be okay little sis." He hugged her again. "I'm here. You're not alone." She got up and walked around a bit. She suddenly let out a scream and Nick jumped up. He saw the snake coming toward her. He grabbed a piece of board that was lying on the ground and swung at the snake. He kept swinging until he was sure that the snake was dead. He dropped the board beside the snake and noticed that it looked like a poisonous snake. "Oh, God." He whispered, thinking that was close.
    ~ ~ ~
    Outside, Greg's phone rang. "Hello?"

"Mr. Sanders?" A woman's voice said.

"Yes?"

"This is Leona Waters from Dr. Jergen's office."

"What?"

"I talked to your wife earlier and I can't get a hold of her now. I forgot to tell her tha tshe needs to pick up her prescription for the prenatal vitamins."

"Prenatal vitamins?"

"Yes."

Dawn's pregnant? He thought. "How long ago did you talk to her?"

"About an hour and half ago."

"Oh, okay. Well, she's kind of stuck at work right now. She may be in a bad cell area."

"Oh, okay."

"But, I'll give her the message. Thanks for calling." He hung up the phone. Okay, so she hadn't told him because she hadn't gotten the chance. Not that he thought she had kept it from him. He walked quickly toward Catherine and Gil. "Grissom, you have to tell them to work faster."

"Greg, they're doing their best."

"They need to get them out of there now!"

"Greg?" Catherine asked.

"She's pregnant." He told them.

"What?"

"Dawn is pregnant."

"Why didn't you say something before?"

"I just found out because the doctor's office just called me. They couldn't get her on her cell and she only found out a little over an hour ago."

"Greg, they'll be okay." Cath said.

"I'll go talk to the guys and see how much longer they think it's going to be." Grissom said.

"Thanks, Griss."
    ~ ~ ~
    Nick noticed that Dawn was trembling and he pulled her into his arms. "Shh... it's okay, Dawnie. It's dead. It can't hurt you anymore."

"You..." She started. "You saved us."

"You're my baby sister, Dawnie. I will always protect you. You know that, right?"

She nodded. "Yeah, Nicky. I'm glad you're here."

He kissed her forehead. He finally realized that she'd said "us". He wondered if she meant her and him, or if something more was going on. "Dawnie?"

"Yeah?"

"You said I saved you, but you said us. Did you mean you and me?"

"Us." She said, putting her hand on her stomach.

He finally got the picture. "Dawn, you're..."

"Yes, Nicky. You're gonna be an uncle." She smiled at him.

"Oh, Dawnie!" He hugged her. "That's wonderful."

"Greg doesn't know yet."

"You know he's going to be happy, right?"

"Yeah. He thinks we're going to have twins."

"What makes him think that?"

"He told me that he dreamed that we had twins... a boy and a girl."

"And he thinks that is going to happen?"

"Some dreams do come true, Nicky."

"Yeah, I guess they do." He smiled, kissing her forehead.

They heard a noise and Dawn became frightened. "Nicky, is it caving in again?"

"No, honey." He said. "I think that's the rescuers outside trying to get to us."

"Oh."

After a few minutes, they had the rubble cleared enough that they came inside. "Mr. Stokes, Mrs. Sanders?" A man said. "Are you both okay?"

"We're fine." Nick said, looking at his sister. "See, Dawnie." He said. "I told you we'd be okay. Brother knows best." He joked.

She laughed. "You're such a dork sometimes, Nicky." She kissed his cheek. He smiled, putting his arm around her waist as they followed the rescue worker to the exit.

Greg saw the siblings and relief washed over him. Catherine hugged Nick. Dawn saw Greg and smiled, running toward him. He opened his arms and she ran right into them. "Greg." She said, tears in her eyes.

"Baby, I was so worried. I'm so glad you're okay." He said, hugging her. He pulled back slightly so he could kiss her.

"I was so afraid that we wouldn't get out of there alive. Especially when I saw the snake coming toward me."

"Snake?"

"Yeah, but Nick found a piece of board and beat it to death." She told him. "He told me it was a poisonous snake. But, he got it before it could strike me."

"Thank God he was there."

"Yeah." She said. "Greg, there's something that I need to tell you."

"I know, Dawn."

"What?"

"I know."

"What do you know?"

"The doctor's office called and said they forgot to tell you that you need to pick up the prescription for the prenatal vitamins."

"Oh." Her face fell. "I'm sorry you had to find out that way, Greg. I wanted to tell you."

"It's okay, honey. I'm just glad you, Nick and the twins are okay." He kissed her forehead.

"You still think it's gonna be twins, huh?"

"Yep." He smiled, putting his hand on her stomach. He dropped to his knees. "Hi there, babies. It's your Daddy. I can't wait to meet you both. Until then, you be good and don't give Mommy too much trouble, okay?" Dawn melted at the sight of him talking to their unborn children. "I love you, babies. You hear that? Daddy loves you very much." He kissed Dawn's stomach and then looked up at her. "Daddy loves Mommy very much too." He smiled at Dawn and then looked back at her stomach. "What's that?" He put his ear to her stomach. "Oh, okay. I'll do that." He stood back to his feet. "They said to give you a kiss." Dawn giggled at his silliness. He pulled her closer and kissed her passionately.

When they broke apart for air, they noticed that Catherine, Nicky and Gil were all watching them with amused smiles on their faces.

"Aww, you two are so cute!" Catherine teased. "And congrats, by the way." She hugged them both. Nicky and Gil followed suit.
    (end of chapter)

======================

I'm going to be going out of town Thursday until Sunday and won't have internet access while I'm gone, so I'm not sure if I'll get another chapter up before Monday or not, but I'll try to do one tomorrow.

5. MacsLovlyAngl

MacsLovlyAngl Head of the Graveyard Shift

Shocking and great job. Glad they got out. Good update, :)

See you sunday when yu get back, safe trip:)

6. MacsGirlMel

awww *squees*

7. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

Aww... :)

Good update!

8. GregNickRyanFan

I'm gonna try to write more of this one soon. I got kind of stuck on it. :lol: I know what I want to do after the babies are born, but am having trouble with the in-between. I have to flesh out my ideas before I can write the chapter. In the meantime, here's a random thought I had the other night (about the new season of CSI), but I'm putting it in spoiler bars just in case:

I wasn't sure if everyone was aware of the new character Riley Adams that's supposed to be joining the cast. Played by actress Lauren Lee Smith (Emma from Mutant X), so I thought I'd put a spoiler bar around this just in case. It's just a random thought on my part. I heard something on a show about thinking up shipper names or something (probably about stars lol) and this random thought just popped into my head that if they paired Greg with new girl Riley, what their shipper name could be. This is what popped into my head (its stupid, but it kind of cracked me up): Greg Sanders + Riley Adams = If you take Adam and add Sand and then add the "L" from her first name along with the e and the r in Greg's last name, you get: Adam Sandler. :lol: But, on a serious note, their shipper name could be Grey.

9. GregNickRyanFan

Chapter Eighteen

Greg and Dawn were in the exam room about to see the sonogram of their baby (or babies).

"Could my brother be in here for this too?" Dawn asked the doctor.

"Sure." The woman answered.

"I'll get him, babe." Greg said, kissing his wife's forehead before walking out of the room. He came back seconds later with Nick behind him. Greg went right back to Dawn's side, taking her hand in his.

"Doctor, Jergens, this is my brother, Nick." Dawn introduced them.

"Hi, nice to meet you." Doctor Jergens said.

"Nice to meet you too." Nick replied. Damn, she's gorgeous. How come I never have doctors that look like her? He thought.

The doctor turned on the monitor. "Would you like to know the baby's gender?"

"Greg thinks it's twins... one of each." Dawn said.

"Really? What makes you think that, Greg?"

"Just a feeling."

"Well, it looks like your feeling was right." She said, pointing out both babies to them.

Nick thought to himself that he and Warrick would probably have made a bet about whether or not Greg was right. Warrick would have lost the bet too. He knew Warrick would not have thought that Greg would be right about it.

"Nicky?" Dawn said. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, Dawnie." He replied. "Just thinking."

"I know what you were thinking about." Greg told his brother-in-law. "You were thinking about how you and Warrick would have made a bet out of this."

"Yeah, I was. Warrick would have lost too." He laughed.

"Who is Warrick?" Doctor Jergens asked.

"He worked with Nick and Greg, but he and Nick were best friends. Warrick was killed a while back." Dawn answered.

"Oh, I'm sorry." She said.​

~ ~ ~
    Nick was at Dawn and Greg's house sitting on the couch watching televison. Greg was in the bathroom and Dawn was in the kitchen. There was a knock on the door. Nick got up and went to the door. He opened it to find Jake, Calleigh, Ryan, Tess and little Tiffany.

"Hey, Nick." Ryan said.

"Hey, guys. Come on in. Dawnie's in the kitchen."

They all walked inside. "Where's my cousin?" Ryan inquired.

"Oh, he's in the back." Nick saw Tiffany in Tessa's arms. "Wow, she's getting big." He smiled at the baby. "Hi, sweetie." He looked at Tessa. "How old is she now?"

"She's twenty months." Tessa answered.

Dawn came out of the kitchen. "Hi, guys!" She said, hugging everyone.

"How are you feeling, Dawn?" Calleigh asked, nodding toward her stomach.

"I'm good."

Greg walked into the room. "Hey!" He said, smiling. He saw the baby. "Hi, Tiffany." He smiled at her. "I'm glad that you're all here because Dawn and I have some news that we'd like to share with you."

"What news could that be?" Jake asked. "We already know she's pregnant."

"Remember when I told you that I dreamed that Dawn and I had boy/girl twins?"

"Yeah."

"Oh My God!" Tessa exclaimed. "You were right!"

"Yep!"

"Dadda!" Tiffany said, reaching her arms out for Ryan.

"Come here, baby girl." He took her into his arms and kissed her forehead.

"Calleigh and I have some news too." Jake said.

"We're gonna have a baby!" Calleigh said happily.

"Oh, you guys, that's great!" Dawn said, hugging them both.

"Congratulations." Nick and Greg both said.

(end of chapter)

=================================

Okay, I know that was a short chapter. sorry about that. I'll try to write more soon.​

10. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

Yay!!! Greg was right!!! :D

Good job!

11. MacsGirlMel

yay hehe :)

12. GregNickRyanFan

I'm thinking of naming Greg and Dawn's twins: Aeryn Nicole for the girl (the ryn for Ryan since he's Greg's cousin and the Nicole for Nick)... and Evan Ricky for the boy (Ricky for Warrick). What do you think? ARe those good? I've started writing the chapter where she goes into labor, but I didn't finish it last night cause I got sleepy. I'll try to finish it tonight and post it tomorrow. :)

13. HarleyQuinn

HarleyQuinn Witness

I like the names. They seem suitable. <3

14. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

I think they're cute. :)

15. GregNickRyanFan

Chapter Nineteen

Greg had gone to the store to pick up some food for his wife's cravings. Ryan and Tessa were once again visiting and were at the house with Dawn. Greg and Dawn had moved into a house because the two bedroom apartment was not going to be big enough for their growing family once the twins were old enough to have separate rooms. Tessa was in the bathroom giving Tiffany a bath. Ryan was in the living room watching tv. Dawn was in the kitchen getting something to eat.

"Damnit!" Dawn exclaimed loudly.

Ryan got up and went into the kitchen. "Dawn, are you okay?"

"I can't get this pickle jar open!"

Ryan chuckled softly. "Give it to me." She handed him the jar and he opened it without any trouble. "Here you go." He said, handing her the jar.

"Thanks, Ryan."

"Sure." He turned to leave when he heard her gasp. He turned back around. "What's wrong now?" The look on her face worried him. "Dawn? Are you okay?"

"Call Greg and Nick."

"What is it?"

"My water broke."

"Okay. Just stay calm."

"Call Nicky now!"

"What?"

"He's with my doctor."

"He's what?"

"They're dating."

"Oh." He pulled out his cell phone.
    ~ ~ ~

Greg was in the store when he heard someone calling his name. "Greg!"

He turned around. "Hey, Catherine!"

"Where's Dawn?"

"At home with Tessa, Ryan and Tiffany."

"Oh. Let me guess." Catherine said. "She had a craving, so you came here to get the stuff for her?"

"Yeah." His phone rang. "Hang on a sec." He told Cath. He pulled out his phone. "Hello?"

"Greg, you need to get home now."

"What's wrong, Ryan?"

"Dawn's water broke. I'm not sure there's time to get her to the hospital. Tessa's calling Nick right now. Dawn said he's with her doctor."

"Please tell Dawn I'll be there as soon as I can."

"I will." Ryan said. "And don't worry. Tessa's a nurse, so if the doc doesn't get here in time, Tess is perfectly capable of delivering the twins."

"Thanks, Ryan."

"See you in a bit."

"Okay." They both hung up. "I have to go." Greg told Catherine. "Dawn's water broke."

"Let me drive you there, Greg."

"Okay. They're still at the house. Ryan said there might not be time to get Dawn to the hospital. But, Tessa's a nurse."

"Oh, well... that's good."

"They're gonna call Nick cause he's with Dawn's doctor."

"Why is he with Dawn's doctor?"

"Because he's dating her. He went with us to the appointments... or some of them. Dawn wanted him to see the sonograms too. Though, I have a sneaky suspicion that she was also trying to play matchmaker."

Cath laughed as they walked to the parking lot. "That sounds like Dawn."

"Yeah." They got into Cath's vehicle. "Thanks for this, Cath."

"No problem." They put on their seatbelts and Cath started the engine before pulling out of the parking lot.
    ~ ~ ~
    With Tessa's help, Ryan moved Dawn into the living room.

"Tess, is there time to get her to the hospital?"

Tessa checked to see how much Dawn was dilated. "No. Dawn, you need to..."

Dawn interrupted her. "No!" She exclaimed. "Not without Greg." She looked down. "Come on, babies. Please wait for your Daddy to get here, okay?"

"It's okay, Dawn." Ryan said. "I'll hold your hand until Greg gets here." He glanced over at his daughter who was sleeping in the playpen.

"He can't miss their births, Ryan." She cried.

"He'll be here soon, honey." Ryan said, kissing her temple. The door opened and Greg walked in with Cath behind him. Ryan looked up, seeing his cousin. He looked back at Dawn. "See, I told you that he'd make it."

"I'm here, baby." Greg said, rushing to his wife's side. He took her hand in his and kissed her forehead.

"Okay, Dawn." Tessa said. "Time to push."

A few minutes later, Greg and Dawn's son was born. Ten minutes passed before their daughter followed.
    ~ ~ ~

"Amazing, isn't it?" Ryan asked Greg as they watched the babies who were both in Greg's arms. Dawn was asleep.

"Yeah." Greg answered, smiling down at the twins. He kissed both of them on their little foreheads.

"They're beautiful, Greg." Cath said as her thoughts went to the day her daughter was born.

Nick walked in with Doctor Jergens (whose first name was Malina). "Sorry we're late." Nick said. "Got stuck in traffic." He noticed the babies in Greg's arms. "We're really late, aren't we?" He walked over to where his sister was. "Is she okay?"

"She's fine, just exhausted." Tessa said.

"Okay, I'll let her rest then."

Tiffany started to cry. Ryan quickly went to her and picked her up. He tried to get her quiet so she wouldn't wake Dawn. "Shh, it's okay, Tiffy. Daddy's got you. Shh..." He kissed her forehead and she quieted. "That's my girl."

Nick walked toward Greg and the twins. "Hey."

"Hey, Nick." Greg said. "Would you like to hold one of them?"

"Sure."

"Here, you take Evan." Greg said, handing Nick the baby boy.

"Evan?"

"Yeah. Evan Ricky."

"Ricky? Is that after..."

"Warrick, yes."

"What's her name?"

"Aeryn. Spelled A-E-R-Y-N. The 'ryn' is after Ryan."

"What's her middle name?"

"Her middle name is Nicole after her uncle Nick of course." Greg said, smiling at his brother-in-law.
    (end of chapter)

======================================
    Sorry it took so long to get this chapter up. RL kept getting in the way. I was gonna put it up yesterday, but then I went to see "Journey To The Center Of The Earth" in 3d! I didn't think I was gonna get to go see it that way cause I thought the only theaters that were showing it in the 3d were too far away, but then I found out the one closest to where I live had it in 3d, so I went. It was really good! And the 3d was neat except the scene where he spits in the sink while brushing his teeth, which I closed my eyes on. I can't stand spit. :lol:

Anyway, I was gonna post the chapter when I got back, but I was only able to get online for a few minutes until the internet lost connection due to a storm. I've got part of Chapter 20 written, but it's not finished yet. I'll probably have it up in a couple of days. :)