"Acting On Impulse and Love"- A CSI: LV story (Greg centered)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by GregNickRyanFan, May 21, 2008.

1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I'm trying to decide whether or not to make Chapter 20 the last chapter and then just do sequels (maybe keeping it in this thread).

What do you all think? Should I end it at Chapter 20 and do sequels later or should I keep going past 20?

2. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

I think either way works... lol.

Great story :)

3. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

aww love it :)

4. GregNickRyanFan

Chapter Twenty

Nick and Greg were at a crime scene. Nick was outside around back while Greg was inside looking for evidence. Nick felt his phone vibrate and he answered it. "Dawnie, what's wrong? Are you okay? Are the twins okay?"

"Yeah, we're okay. Nick, where's Greg? He isn't answering his phone."

"Yeah, he left it in the car by accident. We're at a crime scene right now. He's inside and I'm outside."

"Nick, could you go check on him? I have this bad feeling that he's in danger. I can't explain it."

"I thought that only worked for twins."

"No, it works when you're really close with someone. I knew when you were in danger and we're not twins."

"Oh."

"Will you please go check on him? Nick, he doesn't carry a gun. What if the suspect came back to the scene or something?"

"Calm down, Dawnie. I'll go check on him."

"Thank you."

"I'll have him call you when we get back to the car, okay?"

"Yeah."

"I love you, sis. Kiss the babies for me."

"I will. I love you too, Nicky. I'm just really worried about Greg. I can't shake this feeling."

"I'm sure he's fine, Dawnie. But, I'll check just in case. Okay?"

"Thanks, Nicky."

"I'll see you later, sis."

"Okay." They both hung up their phones.

Nick walked aroudn to the front of the house. He saw a vehicle there that wasn't there earlier. He looked in the window, seeing someone pointing a gun at Greg. He pulled out his own gun, going toward the front door. He entered carefully, quietly and quickly.

"Please put the gun down." Greg pleaded with the suspect. "I have a wife and infant twins at home who need me." There were tears in Greg's eyes. "Please, you don't have to do this."

The suspect was about to shoot Greg, but Nick shot the guy first and he fell to the ground. "Greg, are you okay?" Nick asked as he checked the suspect's vitals.

"Yeah." Greg managed to say, tears falling from his eyes.

Nick saw the tears in Greg's eyes and moved toward him. "It's okay, Greg." He said, putting a hand on the younger man's shoulder.

"I was so..."

"Scared? Yeah, I know, Greg. Believe me, I know."

"Nick, please don't tell Dawn."

"About what?" Nick asked. "You mean the tears? Greg, the first time someone ever stuck a gun in my face, I shed a few tears too. It's nothing to be ashamed of. It's a natural reaction. Dawn won't think any less of you."

"I don't want her to have to go through the same thing all over again."

"What are you talking about?"

"You know." He said. "He husband getting killed on the job."

"That didn't happen, Greg. Dawn called me a couple of minutes ago. She said she had this feeling that you were in danger."

"What? She sensed it?"

"Apparently. Anyway, she asked me to check and make sure you were okay. So, I walked around to the front of the house and saw that vehicle that wasn't here earlier. I looked in the window and saw him pointing the gun at you. So, I drew my own gun and came in quickly and quietly."

"Yeah."

"I had your back, Greg. I'll always have your back. I won't let anything happen to you. We're family."

Greg hugged him. "Thanks, Nicky."

Nick returned the hug. "Anytime, brother." He smiled at him. He had always kind of thought of Greg as a younger brother and now he actually was kind of his brother... even if it was only by marriage. He was still his family... and Nick would always protect his family... no matter what.

"Nick?"

"Yeah?"

"I think maybe I should start carrying a gun."

Nick smiled. "Maybe you should, Greg."

"I should probably call Dawn."

"Here, use my phone." Nick said, handing him his phone.

"Thanks." Greg quickly dialed his house.

"Nicky?" Dawn said into the phone.

"No, it's me, babe." Greg told her.

"Greg!" She exclaimed, relieved to hear his voice. "Are you okay, honey?"

"I'm fine, sweetie." He answered. "Thanks to your intuition and your brother's excellent timing."

"What?"

"The suspect came back to the scene. He was about to shoot me when Nick shot him."

"Oh, God! Greg..." She said. He could hear the tears in her voice.

"It's okay, baby. I'm fine."

"Are you coming home now? I need to see you."

Greg smiled. "After we give our statements. Grissom said we could both leave after that. I'll be there soon."

"Greg..."

"Everything is okay, sweetheart. When I get home, there's something that I want to talk to you about, okay?"

"You're not going to tell me that you want us to have another baby now are you?"

Greg laughed. "No, honey." He said. "Of course not. I mean, someday, yeah... but, I think we have our hands full right now. Besides, in my dream the twins were around two or so when you were pregnant again. They're not even a year old yet."

She laughed. "Yeah, I guess. I mean, if your dream was right about the twins, maybe it was right about everything else too."

"You'll probably have triplets next time." Nick joked.

"I heard that, Nicholas!" Dawn said.

"She said she heard that." Greg told Nick. "She said to bite your tongue."

Nick laughed. "What do you think, Greg? Would you like to have triplets?"

"No more triplet talk!" Greg laughed. "Dawn, I'll see you when I get home. Okay?"

"Yeah. I love you, Greg."

"I love you too, Dawn."

"I'll give the twins a kiss for you."

"Okay, babe. I'll be there soon. Love you." He hung up the phone and handed it back to Nick.
    ~ ~ ~

Greg walked into the house with Nick behind him. Dawn was waiting near the door. When she saw Greg, she ran into his arms. "Greg..." She said softly.

"Hey, Dawn." He said, hugging her. She started to cry. "It's okay, baby. Don't cry." He kissed her temple.

He pulled back slightly. "No, Greg!" She exclaimed. "Don't let go!" Tears were streaming down her face.

"Shh..." He said, softly. "I'm not letting go, baby." With his arms still around her, he kissed her passionately.

"I'll go check on the twins." Nick said. "I'll sit with them and give you two some privacy." He walked down the hallway to the nursery. "Hey!" He said to the babies. "Your Mommy and Daddy need some time alone. So, what do you say to hanging out with Uncle Nick for a while? Let's read a story, okay?" He grabbed a book off the bookshelf. "Dr. Seuss' Green Eggs and Ham okay with you two? Okay, good." He sat down in the rocking chair and started to read the book to them. They watched him intently, kicking their feet happily.

Back in the living room, Greg and Dawn were still kissing. Greg picked Dawn up and carried her into the bedroom, shutting the door and locking it. He placed his wife gently on the mattress, laying over her as he resumed kissing her.
    (end of chapter)

========

I've decided that this will be longer than 20 chapters. :) I'll try to write the next chapter soon. :)

5. MacsGirlMel

ok cool, give us as many as you like :)

6. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

^^Agreed.

Aww, Dawn's intuition paid off... thank God. :)

Great update! :)

7. GregNickRyanFan

Question: I wanna do a scene with Nick singing to the babies. What song do you think he might sing to them? Lullaby type of song that is.

Then I want to do one with Greg singing to them as well.

I had an idea to use "Return To Poor Corner" , but can't decide which guy should use it. :lol:

I have an idea for an upcoming chapter with a story arc for Nick, but I have to iron out the kinks first.

I'll try to have the next chapter up soon. :)

8. GregNickRyanFan

Well, I wrote part of chapter 21. I ended up only having Greg sing to Aeryn (Evan was asleep). So, I might do the Nick thing later. Right now I'm writing more angsty stuff for Nicky. :)

9. GregNickRyanFan

Just wanted to let everyone know that I have got the chapter written. I will try to type it up and post it tomorrow. :)

10. GregNickRyanFan

Chapter Twenty-One

Greg walked into the nursery, seeing Nick asleep in one of the rocking chairs. He looked over at the babies. Evan was asleep, but Aeryn was wide away and looking up at her Daddy. Greg smiled and leaned down to place a gentle kiss on his son's forehead. He was careful not to wake him. "Goodnight, Evan. I love you." He moved back to his daughter's crib and carefully lifted her into his arms. "Hi, Aeryn. How's Daddy's princess?" He kissed her forehead. "Daddy loves you, angel." He kissed her forehead again. He sat down in the other rocking chair. "It's time for you to go back to sleep, baby girl. Want Daddy to sing you a song?" The baby cooed. "I'll take that as a yes." he started to sing softly, trying not to wake Nick.​

"Lay your head on your pillow, now close your eyes. I'll tuck you in and I'll kiss you goodnight. While you and your teddy bear are counting sheep, next thing you know, you'll be fast asleep. Sleep now my angel, your long day is done. The very best part of the night has begun. 'Cause we get a present when we go to sleep. We get to dream. If you have a dream, your dream can come true. A whole world of wonder is waiting for you. Life's an adventure, there's so much to do. If you have a dream, your dream can come true. You can go walking on peppermint clouds and see yourself being a real circus clown. Sail on a river of strawberry cream. Be a star or an astronaut, follow your dreams. Dream on, dream my love. A dream is a whisper from above. Life's an adventure there's so much to do. If you have a dream, your dream can come true."​

Greg noticed that his daughter was sound asleep. He smiled and carefully got up with her in his arms. "Sweet dreams, princess. I love you." He kissed her forehead softly before carefully putting her back in her crib. He woke Nick up, telling him to go into the guest room so he could sleep comfortably.​

~ ~ ~ ​

Catherine and Grissom arrived at a crime scene. "Hi, David." Catherine said.​

"Hi." David replied.​

"What have we go, David?" Gil asked.​

"Jane Doe, early to mid thirties. Looks like she was stabbed multiple times." He rattled on more about the victim's state, but Catherine wasn't paying attention.​

"Catherine?" Gil ventured. "What is it?"​

"I know who this is." She said. "Oh, God!"​

"Who is it?"​

"Nick's girlfriend. Malina, I think her name is. She was also Dawn's OBGYN. Her last name is Jergens."​

Grissom wrote the name down. "Okay." He said.​

"Oh, God... first Warrick, now her. Nicky's gonna be devastated."​

~ ~ ~ ​

"Hello?" Dawn answered the ringing phone.​

"Dawn, it's Catherine."​

"Hi, Catherine."​

"Nicky needs you, Dawn."​

"What happened?" Dawn asked as Greg walked into the room. "What!" Dawn cried out. "Oh My God! No!" Tears filled her eyes.​

"Dawn, what's wrong, baby?" Greg asked, a worried look on his face as he sat down beside her.​

"Okay, we'll be there as soon as we find someone to watch the twins. Thanks for calling, Catherine. Yeah, see you in a bit. Bye." She hung up her phone.​

"Sweetheart, what's going on? Is Nick hurt?"​

"Catherine and Grissom were at a crime scene where there was a female stabbing vic."​

"Yeah?" He prompted her for the rest of the story.​

"The victim was Malina."​

"Oh, God!"​

"Catherine had to tell Nicky. He's not taking it well."​

"Let me see if I can find someone to watch the twins and I'll go with you." He said, kissing her forehead as he reached for the phone.​

~ ~ ~ ​

The neighbor came over to stay with the twins so Dawn and Greg could go be with Nick. The couple walked into the breakroom at the Crime lab. Nick was sitting on the couch, Cath beside him comforting him. ​

"Oh, Nicky!" Dawn said, sitting on the other side of him and pulling him into a hug. "I'm so sorry."​

~ ~ ~ ​

Not wanting Nick to be alone, Dawn and Greg talked him into staying with them. Very early the next day, there was a knock on the door. Nick was still in bed asleep. Dawn was feeding the twins. Greg walked to the door and opened it. He was shocked to see the person on the other side. "Oh My God!" He exclaimed.​

(end of chapter)

----------------------------------

The song in this chapter is "The Dream Song" by Collin Raye.​

This chapter is kind of short. It looked longer on notebook paper. :lol: I'll try to get a new chapter written soon. :)

Last edited: Aug 6, 2009
  11. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

Aww... cute chapter. :)

Cliffhanger! Update soon!!!

12. GregNickRyanFan

Chapter Twenty-Two

"Sara!" Greg exclaimed, hugging his friend. "It's been a while."

"Yeah, I know." She replied with a smile. "How are you? How's Dawn?"

"We're good. We're parents now."

"We really need to keep in touch, don't we? I've missed a lot."

"Yeah. You wanna see them?"

"Them?"

"Yeah, we had twins."

"Twins! Wow!"

"A boy and a girl." He said as Asher trotted into the room.

"And you have a dog." She said, bending down to pet the dog.

"Yeah. His name is Asher."

"He's beautiful." She smiled, looking up at Greg. "I bet your kids are too."

"Yep."

"So, what are their names?"

"Evan Rick and Aeryn Nicole." He spelled Aeryn out.

"Nice names. I assume Rick is after Warrick and Nicole is after Nick."

"Yes, and Aeryn is kind of after my cousin, Ryan. See, Aeryn has all the letters of Ryan's name in hers, only with an added e."

"So, you and your cousin are pretty close, huh?"

"Yes, he's always been more like a brother to me than a cousin. He's a CSI too. In Miami."

"Oh."

"He's got a little girl named Tiffany. She's a cutie." He smiled. "Everyone's always saying how much Ryan and I resemble each other."

"So, how is Nick?"

"Not too good at the moment."

"Why, what happened?"

"Well, first of all... he went with us to our doctor appointments, for the sonograms and all. He and Dawn's OBGYN kind of hit it off. She was very attractive."

"Ah." Sara said knowingly. "And the relationship ended badly?"

"Well, things between them were really good. But, Catherine and Grissom were on a case where there was a female stab vic. It was Malina, Nick's girlfriend and Dawn's doctor. Catherine had to tell Nick. He didn't take it too well. He's been staying here with us."

"Poor Nicky. First Warrick and now his girlfriend. At least he has you, Dawn and the twins though, right?"

"Yeah. Would you like to see them? The twins, I mean."

"Absolutely." Sara said just as Dawn walked down the hallway with both babies in her arms. She was headed for the nursery.

"Hey, Dawn." Greg said. "Could you bring the twins in here please?"

"Sure, honey." Dawn said, turning and walking toward the living room. "Oh, hi, Sara." Dawn said, smiling. "How are you?"

"I'm good." She looked at the babies. "Wow." She said. "I was right. They're beautiful."

"Thank you." Dawn and Greg both said.

Sara walked closer and lifted a hand of each baby. "Hi there, little ones." She looked at Greg. "He looks just like you, Greg."

"Yeah, I know. And Aeryn looks like Dawn."

Evan reached his tiny hand out toward Sara. Greg and Dawn smiled. "Would you like to hold him?" Dawn asked.

"He seems to like you." Greg added.

"Yeah, sure." She said, carefully taking the little boy into her arms. "Hi there, buddy." She said with a smile.

After a while, it was the twins' nap time. "Okay, it's time for you two to take your nap."

"Bye bye." Sara waved at the twins. Greg gave the twins a kiss on their foreheads before Dawn took them toward the nursery.

"So, are you hungry?" Greg asked.
    ~~~
    After putting the twins down for their nap, Dawn returned to the living room. The three adults sat down at the dining room table.

"Should I wake Nicky?" Dawn asked.

"I think he'll get up when he's ready, honey." Greg told his wife. "He may not feel like eating at all."

Just then, Nick walked into the room. "Sara?"

"Hey, Nick." She said, getting up from her chair. "I'm so sorry about your girlfriend." She hugged him.

"Thank you." He said, returning the friendly hug.
    ~~~
    Greg and Dawn were in the kitchen taking care of the dishes. Sara and Nick were sitting side by side at the table. "Nick, were you... in love with her?"

"We hadn't been dating that long. But, I think I could have loved her if I had been given enough time with her." He said.

"I'm sorry, Nicky."

"It's just ... I thought I was on my way, you know."

"To what?"

"The American dream. The wife, the kids, the house with the picket fence, the dog, all of that. And now it's all gone."

"Oh, Nicky." She said, hugging him again.

"I'm beginning to wonder if I wasn't just meant to be alone."

"Oh, Nick. You know that isn't true. You are one of the best guys I know. You aren't meant to be alone, trust me. Maybe it's just gonna take a little longer to get there, that's all. But, you will meet someone someday and then... then you'll know. You will know that she is the one that you want to spend your life with, have kids with... all of it. You'll know. Trust me." She kissed his cheek.

"Thanks, Sara. I hope you're right."

"I am, don't worry. Listen, I want us to keep in touch, okay? You call me any time, night or day if you need to talk. I don't care how late it is."

"Thank you."

"Promise me, Nicky."

"I promise." He said and she hugged him again.

(end of chapter)

-----------------------------------------

Okay, there is it. Sorry for the delay. And sorry its so short. I'll try to write more soon.​

13. MacsGirlMel

yay you updated :)

*likes NIcky with Cath*

14. GregNickRyanFan

Chapter Twenty-Three

Nick paced back and forth in the bedroom he was staying in (at Dawn and Greg's house). He wasn't allowed to work Malina's case because of conflict of interest. He hated it. He wanted to work her case, wanted to get justice for her. But, Catherine and Grissom were on the case and he trusted them. He knew that they would get justice for Malina. He sighed and walked out of the room, going into the nursery. He needed a little "pick-me-up". His niece and nephew could always make him forget all of his troubles.

Evan was sound asleep. Nick chuckled. He always slept very well. His sister on the other hand was almost always awake. Aeryn had a very curious personality. So much like her parents, Nick thought with a smile. "Hi, baby doll." He said, picking her up and kissing her forehead. "How are you today?" She cooed and smiled at her uncle. "Yeah? Well, I wasn't doing too well, but now I feel much better." She put her tiny hand on his mouth and he kissed it. "What is it, huh? You want me to sing to you? Okay." He cleared his throat.

"Christopher Robin and I walked along under branches lit up by the moon. Posing our questions to owl and Eeyore as our days disappeared all too soon. But I've wandered much farther today than I should and I can't seem to find my way back to the wood. So help me if you can I've gotta get back to the house at Pooh Corner by one. You'd be surprised. There's so much to be done. Count all the bees in the hive, chase all the clouds from the sky. Back to the days of Christopher Robin and Pooh."

Aeryn was watching Nick intently as he continued to sing to her.

"Winnie the Pooh doesn't know what to do. Got a honey jar stuck on his nose. He came to me asking help and advice and for here no one knows where he goes. So I sent him to ask of the owl if he's there, how to loosen a jar from the nose of a bear. Help me if you can, I've got to get back to the House at Pooh Corner by one. You'd be surprised. There's so much to be done. Count all the bees in the hive. Chase all the clouds from the sky. Back to the days of Christopher Robin and Pooh"

Nick leaned down and kissed Aeryn's forehead and continued the song.

"It's hard to explain how a few precious things seem to follow throughout all our lives. After all's said and done I was watching..." He paused, looking over at his sleeping nephew and he changed the words of the song slightly. "After all's said and done I was watching Evan," he pointed to Evan's crib for Aeryn to see, but she continued to stare at Nick, "sleeping there with my bear by his side. So I tucked him in, I kissed him and as I was going, I swear that the old bear whispered 'Boy welcome home'."

Aeryn made a sound that Nick could have sworn sounded like a giggle. He kissed her forehead again, finishing up the song.

"Believe me if you can, I've finally come back to the House at Pooh Corner by one. What do you know? There's so much to be done. Count all the bees in the hive. Chase all the clouds from the sky. Back to the days of Christopher Robin. Back to the ways of Christopher Robin. Back to the days of Pooh. Ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh. Ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh."

Aeryn put her tiny hands together as if she was clapping for him. She was smiling at him. "You have a pretty little smile, you know that, Aeryn?" It warmed his heart to see her smile. "Uncle Nicky loves you, sweetheart." He told her. "Very much." He kissed her forehead once again. He leaned back in the rocking chair, holding her and rocking back and forth.

Greg and Dawn walked in a little later and found both uncle and niece fast asleep. They smiled at the scene and Greg ran to get his camera, coming back and snapping a picture (making sure the flash was off so he wouldn't wake the duo). Dawn carefully lifted Aeryn out of Nick's arms. She leaned down and kissed her brother's forehead before placing a kiss on her daughter's forehead. Greg kissed Aeryn's forehead as well and Dawn placed the baby carefully in her crib. The couple smiled and left the room. If this is where Nick needed to be to feel better, to get his mind off of Malina's death, then this is where they would let him stay for the moment.

(end of chapter)

-----

Note: The line I changed was originally "when all's said and done I was watching my son sleeping there with my bear by his side." But since Nick doesn't have a son, I didn't figure it made sense in the story. I would have changed it to "Aeryn", only she wasn't sleeping, so... I just changed it to "Evan" instead. :) YOu know what's funny? This post actually started out as just a sneak peek and ended up being a whole chapter. :lol:

Last edited: Sep 17, 2008
  15. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

Aww... cute chapter... Can't wait for more!