"Acting On Impulse and Love"- A CSI: LV story (Greg centered)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by GregNickRyanFan, May 21, 2008.

1. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

*nod* love it :)

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Chapter Twenty-Four

Nick opened the door to see Catherine and Grissom on the other side. "Hey." He said.​

"Hey, Nicky." The duo replied as he let them inside. ​

"Where are Dawn and Greg?" Grissom asked.​

"They went out. I'm babysitting."​

"Oh."​

"And where are those cutie pies?" Catherine asked.​

"They should be waking up from their nap shortly. You can go in and check if you want, Cath." Nicky told her.​

"Okay, I'll do that. Gil can fill you in on the news, right, Gil?"​

"Of course." Gil replied. Cath patted Nick's shoulder before walking down the hallway to the nursery.​

"What's going on?" Nick asked his boss.​

"We just came by to let you know that we solved Malina's case."​

"Oh."​

"We got her killer and she's in jail."​

"She?"​

"Yes, it was a woman who killed her."​

"Did she say why?"​

"She said that Malina destroyed her marriage."​

"What? How so?"​

"Well, the woman's husband didn't come in with her on the intial visit. He came by later on his own. He was late getting to the appointment. When he came to talk to Malina, she told him what his wife's conception date was. He knew that was a day when he was out of town at business conference. So, he knew she had cheated on him and that the unborn child was not his. He left her, backed his bags up and moved out. Said he was going to sue for custody. She'd had some drug problems in the past and he was completely clean, very successful and had friends in high places. She knew he'd get custody. She played Malina for causing her to lose her family." He sighed. "I'm sorry, Nicky."​

"Thanks for coming over to let me know, Grissom."​

"How are you holding up?"​

"I'm okay. Being here helps. If I had stayed alone at my place, I wouldn't be doing too well right now. But, it's helps to be here with Dawn, Greg and the twins."​

"Listen Nicky, if you ever need anything..."​

"All I have to do is call. Yeah, I know. Thanks, Griss."​

"Any time, Nicky."​

"Yeah."​

~ ~ ~​

A young girl in her late teens to early twenties was having a get together at her house with friends and her mother. The girl heard a noise outside. She got up from the couch and looked outside, seeing the shadow of a man. She grabbed her friends and her mother and led them to the panic room where she locked all of them (as well as herself) inside, using her cell phone to call the police (just before shutting the door). Looking around the room, she noticed two of her friends were missing. ​

"Where are Natalie and Jason?" She asked.​

"They went into one of the bedrooms for some alone time." Jason's best friend Derick winked. "What's going on, Melanie?"​

"I saw someone outside trying to break in. And now Nat and Jay are trapped out there and we are trapped in here." She said in a panic.​

By the time the police got there, they found Natalie and Jason both dead. They called in the CSIs. Nick, Dawn and Greg pulled up to the house and got out of the vehicle, kits in hand. They went inside the house to start processing.​

"Hey, guys..." Greg said.​

"Yeah?" Nick asked as both he and his sister looked up at Greg.​

"I think we may have some witnesses."​

"What?"​

Greg pointed. "I think there's a panic room."​

Once the door to the panic room was opened, the three CSIs saw the people inside. "Are any of you hurt?" Dawn asked.​

"No." Melanie answered. ​

"Did you witness anything?" Nick inquired.​

"No, we didn't." Melanie's mother answered.​

"I just heard a noise, looked outside and saw the shadow of a person trying to break in. So, I called the police and then gathered everyone up and locked us in the panic room." Melanie explained.​

"It wasn't until we closed the door that we realized that Jay and Nat weren't with us." Derick added. "I saw them headed to a bedroom earlier. I guess they were going to go make out or something. I forgot about it until we got in here."​

"Are they okay?" Melanie asked.​

"I'm afraid not." Greg said. "They were killed."​

"Oh, God!" She and the other women cried. Derick looked distraught, but shed no tears.​

~ ~ ~​

A shoe print was found, along with a business card that fell to the ground. It was checked for prints, coming up with two fingerprints. The first belonging to the person whose name was on the card. He had a solid alibi, so he was ruled out as a suspect. The other fingerprint got a hit. ​

"Okay, your second print belongs to a Roger Nathaniel Harper, age thirty-three." Mandy said. "Long criminal history since he was a juvenile. Nothing on his record for anything as serious as murder. It's all B&E, petty theft, drugs, stuff like that."​

"We'll have Vartann pick him up." Nick said. "Thanks, Mandy."​

"No problem."​

To be continued...​

Authors Note: Sorry if this chapter seemed rushed. It was. I was rushing to get it done before Miami came on and I kept getting interrupted. I was going to wrap up the case right there and have them arrest the guy, but I decided on a different tactic that will maybe have a little more suspense. Strangely enough, the case idea came from a dream I had (weird dream, I know) and in the dream, it didn't show which CSI team was processing. :lol: So, I didn't know which fic I would use it in. I ultimately decided to use it on this one. :)

Last edited: Jul 2, 2009
  3. MacsGirlMel

At least they're okay for now. Glad you posted finally :)

4. GregNickRyanFan

***Well, I changed my mind on the tactic again for the case in the last chapter. I couldn't work things out and was having a creative block, so I just did it this way. This is the last chapter. I may do a sequel eventually, but for now this is it.***

Chapter Twenty-Five

Nick, Dawn and Greg sat in the break room discussing the conclusion of their case. "I can't believe the reasons that people kill others." Dawn said. "I mean seriously... The vic owed him money so he kills the girlfriend who was completely innocent... and he makes him watch while he does it. Then he kills him. Now he'll never get the money he was owed. I just don't get people. People are strange."​

"When you're a stranger." Grissom said, walking into the room. They all looked up at him and smiled.​

"Hey, Griss." Nick said.​

"Tough case?"​

"Not really tough to solve, jsut... I don't get people." Dawn said.​

"Are you okay?"​

"I think she's just tired." Greg told their supervisor.​

"I mean, it's just so sad. That poor girl died because her boyfriend took out a loan with the wrong person." Tears filled her eyes and the guys all looked at her strangely.​

"Dawnie, are you sure you're okay?" Nick asked.​

"I'm just..." She paused when Greg took hold of her hand.​

"Baby, what's gotten into you all of a sudden?" Greg asked.​

"I don't know."​

"Maybe you've got that post pardum depression thing." Hodges said as he entered the room, Wendy behind him.​

"Shut up, Hodges." Several voices said.​

"Well, you three can go home now." Grissom told Nick, Dawn and Greg. "Your shift is over. Feel better, Dawn." He left the room.​

"Come on, honey." Greg told his wife. "Let's go home and see the twins okay?"​

"Okay." His wife replied. She looked at her brother. "Nicky?"​

"I'm coming, sis."​

~ ~ ~ ​

"Greg?" Dawn said on the way home.​

"Yes?"​

"Do you think we should have a party for the twins?"​

"What?"​

"Well, some people celebrate babies' half birthdays."​

"Oh. Okay, we can have a party."​

"Yay!" Dawn said, clapping her hands together. The guys chuckled at her.​

~ ~ ~ ​

The day of the party, Ryan, Tessa, Jake, Calleigh and their kids were the first ones to arrive. Nicky opened the door for them. Catherine, Gil and Lindsey were behind them. Cath looked at the baby in Calleigh's arms. "What a cutie." She said.​

"What's his name?" Gil asked.​

"Caleb Matthew Berkeley." Jake answered.​

"That's a nice name." Gil said.​

"Could I hold him?" Lindsey asked.​

"Sure." Calleigh handed her the baby.​

~ ~ ~ ​

Greg and Dawn were sitting on the floor with the twins. Archie was video taping the party. The presents had already been opened.​

"Ma...Da!" The twins exclaimed in unison.​

"Did they just say murder?" Riley (the new grave shift CSI asked).​

Wendy's eyes went wide, but it was Hodges who spoke. "What have you been letting these kids watch?" He asked and Wendy elbowed him. "Ow! That hurt!"​

"Ma...Da!" The twins said again.​

"I think they're saying ma and da at the same time." Catherine offered.​

Greg and Dawn were stunned into silence. They looked at each other. "Their first words!" They each picked up a child and hugged them.​

"Well, I guess they don't play favorites." Jake laughed.​

"Maybe they decided to say both together so one of you wouldn't think you were less liked than the other." Ryan joked.​

"Well, they are pretty smart." Nick said.​

"Of course they are. They have a genius for a father." Dawn said, grinning at her husband.​

"Their mom's pretty smart too." Greg added, pecking Dawn's cheek.​

"Aww!" Cath cooed playfully. "You two are so cute." Everyone laughed.​

"Okay..." Dawn said. "Who wants cake and ice cream?" Everyone got up to go to the table to have their dessert.​

THE END

5. MacsGirlMel

wait though, what was wrong with her?

6. GregNickRyanFan

A slight case of what Hodges said. Well, that and being tired and missing her babies (separation anxiety). :lol: Though I was toying with the idea of making her pregnant again, but then I remembered in Greg's dream the twins were a little older when she was preg again. :lol:

7. ericandryanfan

ericandryanfan Hit and Run

i know that this story was posted in like 2008, but i have only just found it, i think this fanfic was really good x

8. GregNickRyanFan

Thank you. Glad you enjoyed it. :) I had originally intended to write a sequel, but then Lauren Lee Smith joined the show as Riley and I started shipping Greg/Riley and had a hard time seeing Greg with anyone else, even the original character in this story. :lol: