8x06 - 'Dude Where's my Groom' **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Well, I pretty much liked the episode. :)

Jesse -- Enough said!:rolleyes:

I thought the ME was a jerk. In the past they would have removed the evidence from the body and have given it to Ryan. There was no need to be that (as Ryan said) territorial.

Really enjoyed Ryan and Walter together, they are a good team. :)

Whats' up with Calleigh always working with Jesse? :rolleyes:

And you know if H or one of the women had come in there and asked for it, Tom would not have been that disrespectful. Probably wouldn't have for Jesse either. He doesn't seem to care for Walter much (he got kind of smart alecky with Walter that one time)...

Great ep!!!!

LOL I love the Dimples nickname.....hehe:lol: Jesse seems to be getting alot of nicknames lately!

Calleigh and Jesse seems to be getting reacquinted once again quite nicely!

Ryan and Walter are just hilarious! But here's me hoping my 3 musketeers will come together again, Jesse does wonders with Ryan and Walter!

I don't think the new ME Tom was being a jerk, he's just a protocol following kind of guy, and maybe a bit territorial.....

I guess Alexa Havins is doing great in primetime....it's been a while since I've seen her on TV since her role as Babe Carey on All My Children.....she's a wonderful actress, I thought she did great as the soon-to-be-bride......although I did laugh quite a bit considering this episode is almost like something that could happen on All My Children with her character....hehe:p

The screentime has been great on Miami, I gotta admit! Definitely more balance and spread-out, I'm glad it's getting away from the one-man Horatio hour......thumbs up for Miami!

Ok, more and more I'm thinking that this mysterious "girl" of Jesse's is his daughter.....first he's got that proud papa smile when Calleigh asks him, then in this episode, he gets this look and kinda softens up when one of the grooms-men said he was about to have a kid, and with the stripper Camille, he zeroed in on the fact that she has a daughter.....are the writers really trying to subtly drop the signs that Jesse is a papa himself?

And speaking of Jesse and the stripper.....Jesse was definitely scary in that scene, even Calleigh was trying to back him off.....talking about being intense.....me thinking Jesse's got a dark side underneath all that sweet charming nice guy persona.....;)

well, overall this was a great case, I enjoyed it very much! Keep it going Miami!

Ok I havn't seen the whole episode yet...but I did see the Ryan/Tom exchange and I have to say I don't think Ryan came off bad at all there. If anything it was Tom who came off as a bit harsh. Ryan just seemed frustrated but I didn't think he looked like a jerk or anything.

Officially heartbroken is what I felt yesterday. :scream::(

I watched but not as closely as I usually do.

I'm done with Jesse and his nicknames
I am still hoping that he is a serial killer or something, I am still not liking his presence on the show :shifty:

Ryan & the M.E. I laughed when he called him snarky...:lol:

We can keep Walter, he seems like an innocent teddybear... :lol: his mom made him minor in art history

Calleigh seems a little softer...hmmm

This episode bored me. It wasn't terrible, but the case lacked and the overkill Calleigh/Jesse scenes were enough to make it a snoozefest.

Oh lookie, there's Omar in the opening credits, I knew it. :shifty:

Dear God please give Horatio back the opening one-liners :rolleyes: That intro scene with Calleigh & Kim seemed out of place to be in the opening, let alone be the one-liner before the credits. Whoever decided to stick it there....please don't ever do it again. *groan*

Dude wearing the ducky innertube swimming thing .....& wore it through the whole show :lol:

So I guess Walter's art-expertice came in handy in this episode. Nice banter between him & Ryan over the issue, that was fun.

Jesse's outburst with the stripper I thought was a little overdone -- his eagerness to get into her bag without a warrant seemed "out of the moment" & there was nothing in the episode that lead me to believe the case was bothering him enough to allow him to become slightly outraged in that particular moment.

Ryan/Tom -- no biggie to me. Tom was following protocol & Ryan just wanted the evidence. These are 2 people who don't have any kind of established relationship, & Tom seems like an "outsider" among the team, so I really wouldn't have expected anything else from him. As for Ryan - he'd have asked for the evidence if this took place a few seasons ago - honestly I could see any of the CSI's asking for it - the only difference is that Alexx would've smiled & said "Honey, this is my dead body, you can get the evidence when I put him on the table!"
So, IMO, the scene was fine, just 2 worlds colliding is all.

Overall, the episode was a little too standard. I didn't feel for any of the suspects/victims -- Kim was slightly obnoxious with her sobbing "but I love him" qoute *pukes*- give the girl a backbone please.
The ending was far too overdramatic in comparison to the rest of the episode as well. I will say I liked how they cut off the Father's confession & made us wonder what he had done with Charlie, & if he was alive- nicely done there....if only that kind of suspence had been spread into the entire hour it would've made a much more exciting episode.

And I'm not done. :p Overall-overall.... this was the last of the season's first quarter & I'm still here tapping my fingers waiting for the excitement to hit, or some tiny morsel of hinted storylines for the characters... nothing so far that has me gripping onto the season as a whole. :(

When Ryan and the ME were arguing (or whatever you want to call it) and Tom said "It's on the body. It's mine." I was almost sure Ryan was going to comment that Tom sounded like Alexx. All I could think of during that scene was "CSI Wolfe. Body parts are mine. You stick to the physical evidence." from Alexx in that episode back in season 5 when Ryan finds the scalp in a bowl.

I didn't think Ryan or Tom really came off as jerky there, though. Ryan just wanted the evidence, but Tom was following protocol.

Those are really my thoughts on the episode. :lol: I wasn't too interested last night and I missed the first ten minutes so I was lost through half of the episode anyway.

Looks like Natalia is getting passed up on by Walter and will be stuck in the lab instead of outside as a CSI.

Enjoyed the banter between Ryan and Walter about the Art History stuff. That was sweet and nerdy.

Jesse---just shows us all what a whore he is..when he knew the strip club that the ladies undies were from, when he got called dimples, and the BS searching the strippers bag without a warrant.

Emily/Calleigh looked completely lost from start to finish.

I think the ending was a little too over the top...I would of expected that ending to be at the beginning, then for them to say something like 8 hours earlier..and then cut to the credits.

I am glad however that Togo is not stuck behind the new guys in the credits.

I think I saw myself which is exciting and I am going to have to re-watch it tonight when I get home.

Loved the house they used in Pasadena and the yellow Lambo parked out front.

Last edited:
I liked this episode. I would have called it best of this season to date but it lost a point for the overdone comedy.

As for the new ME, I mentioned it before but he seems a lot like the Dr from Star Trek: Voyager who often had a snarky attitude towards certain people. I can't say it bothers me though...

We got a Jesse/Frank interaction and a Walter/Horatio interaction in this ep which was good to see.

Dude wearing the ducky innertube swimming thing .....& wore it through the whole show

Yeah that was pretty funny. I was wondering why no one removed it..

Jesse's outburst with the stripper I thought was a little overdone -- his eagerness to get into her bag without a warrant seemed "out of the moment" & there was nothing in the episode that lead me to believe the case was bothering him enough to allow him to become slightly outraged in that particular moment.

A theory is that he did stuff like that in Hollywood where chances are they could get away with stuff like that...

I'm alway late on this ;)

Overall the episode was ok. I still wait for something 'big' to happen. But the end of this episode of the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. This was so over the top when Horatio stood there with the helicopter behind him. I was like 'uhhh', but that's why I love the show.

A theory is that he did stuff like that in Hollywood where chances are they could get away with stuff like that...

Possibly, but it wasn't really the fact that he did it without the warrant that bugged me, it was his sudden anger that I felt was overdone. He was quick to jump in & yell "I don't need a warrant" when Calleigh said he did. I somehow don't think that attitude would've flowed well had he said it to H. :lol:

Possibly, but it wasn't really the fact that he did it without the warrant that bugged me, it was his sudden anger that I felt was overdone. He was quick to jump in & yell "I don't need a warrant" when Calleigh said he did. I somehow don't think that attitude would've flowed well had he said it to H. :lol:

I think there was something about that scene that got to Jesse. As far as we know, that was out of character for him. So what was it that bugged him so bad? Or does he have a good cop/bad cop routine we don't know about?

An okay episode. Fatherly love at the extreme:rolleyes:

My thoughts on this episode:

Was surprised Adam was taken out of the opening credits.:( Glad Jon was listed third though (as he should). I know the opening credits are extremely expensive to produce but if Adam has to come out, they should be revamped

Glad to see Natalia right away collecting evidence and then in the lab.

Okay, I am officially sick of the split screen:(

Laughed out loud when Frank raised his voice to aggravate the groomsman's hangover. Don't mess with our Francis:lol:

Got a chuckle out of the groomsman wearing the kiddie pool floation device.:)

Loved Calleigh calling Jesse "dimples"

Liked Jesse in this episode. It seems as if they are loosening him up, toning him down a bit and infusing a little humor in his character (maybe to mirror his growing comfort with his new surroundings and coworkers?!) Loved his referring to the groomsmen as "dumb and dumber" and "frick and frack". Yes, Jesse can also be implusive, grabbing the woman's purse and searching it while telling Calleigh he doesn't need a warrant. I thought it was funny that he took off the orginal handcuffs and used his own, but Jesse sweetpea how can the officer put the men in different cars when you have them handcuffed together? The writers needed to have reviewed that scene before adding it to the eppie.

I didn't see anything wrong with Ryan's exchange with the ME; both thought they were right and were just annoyed with each other and neither was going to back down (maybe a little male ego involved). Neither really seemed like a jerk to me. Ryan did find more of the same in the limo, so it worked out:thumbsup:

I, like some of us, have been concerned and upset with the tinkering of Ryan's character the writer seem to have been doing this season. Most of it has been mainly negative; making him look stupid or an insensitive jerk. It has been upsetting for me, because IMHO it is unnecessary and not a step in the right direction. IMO, it has been an insult to Jon Togo and the character he has wonderfully protrayed and his fans. Saying that....

It didn't seem that way this week to me. The writers didn't seem to deviate so much from his character at least for this episode (they were letting Ryan finally be Ryan) For possibly the first time this season, I enjoyed every minute Ryan was on the screen. He is looking better and better (glad they are growing out his hair again:thumbsup:). I always enjoy when he is paired with H and he continues to have good chemistry with Jesse and Walter (it is nice to see Ryan not being the outsider). In fact, his scenes with Walter were my favorite

"Don't use that word; my 84 year old bubbie uses that word" (Ryan has a bubbie?!)
--Ryan laughing; not WHY he was laughing but the fact he was laughing. I don't remember him ever laughing that hard
--That whole scene in the suite. Which brings me to.....

I must of missed something ( and it wouldn't be the first time): Did they explain (other than alcohol) why the painting was taken and did it have any connection to the solution of the crime or was it just a misdirection play?

I enjoyed this eppie for no other reason that the screen time was spread out fairly evenly.

An okay episode. Fatherly love at the extreme:rolleyes:

Loved Calleigh calling Jesse "dimples"

Liked Jesse in this episode. It seems as if they are loosening him up, toning him down a bit and infusing a little humor in his character (maybe to mirror his growing comfort with his new surroundings and coworkers?!) Loved his referring to the groomsmen as "dumb and dumber" and "frick and frack". Yes, Jesse can also be implusive, grabbing the woman's purse and searching it while telling Calleigh he doesn't need a warrant. I thought it was funny that he took off the orginal handcuffs and used his own, but Jesse sweetpea how can the officer put the men in different cars when you have them handcuffed together? The writers needed to have reviewed that scene before adding it to the eppie.

The groomsmen weren't cuffed together. After Jesse uncuffed them, he put a pair on each of them. You can see two pairs hanging off his waist, he handcuffs Jack, then reaches around and pulls out the second pair, and handcuffs Sean.

Back