8x06 - 'Dude Where's my Groom' **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

FieldMouse

Hub Master
(Futon Critic)

8.06 promo (Thanks nwolfson22 and dmmuzicfan of YouTube.)

CSI: MIAMI
Air Date: Monday, November 02, 2009
Time Slot: 10:00 PM-11:00 PM EST on CBS
Episode Title: (#806) "Dude, Where's My Groom?"

THE CSIS RECREATE A NIGHT OF BACHELOR PARTY DEBAUCHERY IN ORDER TO SOLVE A MURDER AND FIND A MISSING GROOM, ON "CSI: MIAMI," MONDAY, NOV. 2

"Dude, Where's My Groom?" - The CSIs recreate a night of bachelor party debauchery in order to solve a murder and find a missing groom, on CSI: MIAMI, Monday, Nov. 2 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

SERIES REGULARS:
Horatio Caine............................. David Caruso
Calleigh Duquesne....................... Emily Procter
Eric Delko............................. Adam Rodriguez
Jesse Cardoza............................ Eddie Cibrian
Ryan Wolfe............................... Jonathan Togo
Det. Frank Tripp................................ Rex Linn
Natalia Boa Vista........................... Eva La Rue
Walter Simmons............................ Omar Miller

RECURRING CAST:
Tom Loman...................... Christian Clemenson

GUEST CAST:
Kim Hewitt.................................. Alexa Havins
Timothy Hewitt....................... J.C. MacKenzie
Sean Anderson............................. Greg Winter
Jack Williams.................................. Tug Coker
Carmel Owens..................... Jessie O'Donohue
Clay............................ Philippe Brenninkmeyer
Julio................................................. Sal Lopez
Charlie King............................ Charlie Koznick
Tito.......................................... Chris Gonzalez
Bikini Woman.......................... Leslie Karpman
Bicycle Cop............................... Todd Mitchell

WRITTEN BY: Brett Mahoney

DIRECTED BY: Carey Meyer

RATING: To Be Announced

This is the first we've seen Omar's name listed as a series reg, isn't it? Wonder if he'll be in the opening credits now.

This is the first we've seen Omar's name listed as a series reg, isn't it? Wonder if he'll be in the opening credits now.

I think he's been listed as main character in other cast release statements previously. I still think he may be like Wendy/Superdave were at first. Maybe he won't be in the opening with the theme song until next season. Wendy and Superdave had to wait years. :lol:

AR said he would be listed on the credits for the rest of the season even if he is not in the episode.
I also know that in this episode Eddie will be working mostly with Calleigh, Ryan will be working with the new ME out on the scene, and Tripp and H will be working together. I have not heard if Natalia will be in this episode or not as she was not in the trailer nor did I see her when they were filming this episode.

I liked this episode. I am glad that yet another episode had the team getting a good amount of screentime. It would've been nice if we had a repeat of last week, to see the entire team interacting together but I'll take what I can get. I don't remember but I don't think Ryan and the new ME have ever interacted before this episode. Their first interaction was not a pleasant one.

I cannot wait for next week, the crossover episodes should be good!!

Some initial thoughts on the episode:

-Adam Rodriguez (if memory serves) is out of the opening credits and Omar is in; don't worry, it goes Caruso, Procter, Togo etc.

-Dimples. :lol:

-J.C Mackenzie is awesome in everything. Although he was already in season 1's 'Evidence of Things Unseen' which just shows they need to stop recycling actors that have already been on the show at some point. Bleh.

-The two guys at the bail bonds place were cracking me up. Score 1 for the Bon Jovi reference. :lol:

-The insane camera focuses need to stop. Can we please just focus on one thing at a time for more than 0.03 seconds?

-The end was a little more dramatic than it had to be but I was glad it turned out okay.

-Lots of red herrings in this episode -- kept me guessing. :)

CSIMandy, totally agree with you about Ryan and the M.E. I was a little shocked at their exchange. What was that about? o_O Either way, it was interesting to see that not everyone gets along with one another. I just wish we'd stop seeing Ryan make an ass out of himself every episode -- it's going on my Christmas list.

Overall, okay episode.

Last edited:
speed_cochrane I've noticed that this season Ryan has been putting his foot in his mouth a lot.

I always get nervous reading the early reviews. It seems like the writers always have to do something to cause even more negativity toward Ryan. I'm sick of it! I want it to stop! Its obvious that they're not doing it to show that Ryan has hardened due to what was done to him in WISC because they have him getting along and being friendly with Jesse and Walter. So, why are they doing it? Because if these writers don't like the character then either the show needs new writers or Jonathan needs to go to a show where he and his character will be better respected by the writers and ptb. I'm getting sick of them making him the screw-up, the clueless person who doesn't know what a cougar is, or having him say things that can be considered mean and are 1000% (and yes I meant to type that extra zero) out of character! It's ridiculous. It's just absolutely unnecessary and completely rude of them to disrespect the actor and his character as well his fans by writing him so out of character that the character ends up looking even worse in the eyes of those who already don't like the character. It is just annoying!

I think we need to start a petition and send it to tptb to ask them to stop this nonsense. :lol:

I still stand by my opinion that each episode needs to be a conversion of all writers and have only those who are EXCELLENT at writing Ryan (meaning those who like the character) write his character while other writers write the character or characters that they prefer to write for rather than have one or two writers write for every character. This would not be a problem if those writers could write every character well, but some of them apparently are not so good at certain characters which ends up mainly being Ryan, Natalia, Frank and sometimes Eric and every so often Calleigh who are written out of character.

I am in agreement with your assesment of the way they write for Ryan. The writers make him seem so unredeemable. We have seen the softer side of him.

I'm still three hours out from the episode, so I will make futher comments, after I have an opinion. :) As a rule he doesn't usually fly off the handle, without some provocation.

I'm watching it just to see how everything goes so I can comment on it, on how much I either like it or hate it though I know I'm not going to like at least one part of the episode I'll give the rest a chance though. I'll be back with opinions of episode after I finish it.

Then again, Walter and Tom didn't seem to have that good of an exchange either... so maybe its just something about Tom that rubs the guys the wrong way. :lol: Or maybe Ryan is wary of the new M.E. because of the fact that he felt betrayed by Tara and the whole drug thing. I guess with Eric gone and the tension that often occured between he and Ryan no longer there, they feel they have to have some tension between some characters... but why does Ryan have to be one of them... AGAIN? I just feel like the writers are always picking on Ryan in one way or another. They need to cut it out! Don't get me wrong, I love that they've made Ryan be friends with Jesse and Walter, but why are they making him act so out of character in other places? It makes no sense.

I'm not even sure I even want to watch this episode now. :( I'm just so sick and tired of the writers disrespecting Ryan's character which is ultimately them being disrespecting Jonathan and the fans of Jonathan/Ryan. It isn't right. Write the character like he was originally written (pre-gambling issue), only a little more grown and quit screwing around with the personality of the character to the point where he is virtually unrecognizable as Ryan Wolfe (and seems like a frickin' pod person) please!

Yep, it's 9:02 and I'm not in the bedroom watching the episode. I've got it taping, but at this point I'm not even sure if I want to watch the show anymore! They keep screwing around with Ryan's personality and it's pissing me off big time!

I totally agree with you!! I miss the old Ryan. Not that his character has changed that much, but it's changes I notice that bother me!

Back