8x06 - 'Dude Where's my Groom' **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Witness is studying Forensics online? Doesn't seem an easy thing to learn online. :lol:

what happened to the one-liners? I guess they're trying to make the show more serious and less campy? I liked the one liners though... well, some of them. :lol: And MJ, you're right about the Cal/Kim scene before the credits, it did seem way out of place for that moment.

Dumb and Dumber. :lol:

:lol: at the swim ring the guy was wearing. I was wondering if he was ever going to take it off... he finally did. :lol:

Why is Nat processing DNA instead of Valera doing it?

Was that wedding tux purple?

Bowling balls in the bag. "What were these guys doing?" :lol: Good question!

Walter told Jesse about the club... seems fitting as Walter was telling Jesse all about cougars mannerisms. :lol:

Dimples. hehe.

I'm surprised at all the Cal/H scenes we're getting this season.

Frick and Frack. :lol:

Dude doesn't know he was even in jail. "I don't even jaywalk." :lol: I know a lot of people are comparing this ep to The Hangover, but I can't do that because I haven't seen that movie.

Grand theft limo. :lol:

Ryan seemed amused by Tom's "territorialness". His tone was that of amusement when he (playfully in my opinion) asked Tom "territorial, much?" I didn't think that warranted Tom calling him snarky. But Tom was off in this scene anyway. When Ryan made that joke about the security firm's name, Tom sarcastically replied "funny". So, I think Tom wasn't being very receptive toward Ryan just as he wasn't to Walter. But of course he's nice as pie to H, Jess and Cal. :rolleyes:

Agh! Stop with the moviing through the glass walls/doors in the lab. It hurts my eyes and distorts the shot. Yeesh!

Ryan's 84 year old bubbie says "weird". So we learn Ryan's got a bubbie. I don't think they've ever before confirmed one way or another that Ryan is Jewish, but it was a nice touch adding that in there so that we learn something new about Ryan. :)

"My mom made me minor in art history." :lol: I loved Ryan's laugh. I don't think we've ever heard him laugh like that before. Nice touch.

Walter: Did these guys think they were on tour with Metallica?
Ryan: Are you a heavy metal fan?
Walter: More like Guitar Hero God. :lol:

Walter plays Guitar Hero! Good! Now I wanna see Ryan and Walter along with Dave and maybe Jesse playing it togeher. :D We know Ryan's a gameboy from "Urban Hellraisers" ep. :lol:

Jesse---just shows us all what a whore he is..when he knew the strip club that the ladies undies were from, when he got called dimples, and the BS searching the strippers bag without a warrant.

I'm sorry, but this "whore" comment I find VERY insulting. If you bother to watch closely instead of being blinded by your bias, you would have learned that it was Walter who told Jesse about the club, if anything, the "whore" is Walter, not Jesse. Besides, CSIs are suppose to know things and know places, they are investigators after all, not idiots. And since when does being called "Dimples" equals being a "whore"? Are people not allowed to be called cute or given nicknames? If Ryan or Horatio or Adam was being cornered and checked out and given nicknames by a stripper in a club they were investigating, would you call them a whore too? And how does even the whole searching the stripper's bag is being considered making Jesse a "whore"? Maybe that's the way things are done in LA and Jesse just followed his instincts?

I understand when people doesn't like a character, I understand when they wanna mock a character, heck, I've done both. But to call a character a "whore" when he hasn't done anything other than just being the new guy on an established show is just over the top and a bit ridiculous. And not to mention it's a slap to Jesse fans.

I'm gonna say this episode was "meh"....so that I won't have to say I didn't like it at all :shifty:

Calleigh....what the hell is wrong with her? I really can't figure it out not to mention that, as nwolfson22 said, Emily/Calleigh seemed lost the whole time. And btw Calleigh Duquesne is not a widow so there's really no need to give her only horrible black suits and don't get me started with her tops!:rolleyes:

Natalia climbing that fountain with white clothes & heels, for god's sake...don't ever do that again!

I didn't understand why both Jesse & Calleigh had to screeem like two crazy people the whole time while in that house.....I just don't get it LOL

Jesse....I think he's hiding something. I must admit it. I don't know how I feel about him after this episode. Maybe he was off like Calleigh, but I didn't like him in this episode.

Walty ehm Walter I say he's one of the few people I'd save from this episode :thumbsup:

Please, please stop with Calleigh & Jesse scenes!!!! The remind me of a very little problem CSI:Miami had till oh yeah Eric's departure....please, pair her with different men, not always the same ones!

"Well you know I'm a dad miss Duquesne...is Miss Duquesne right?""Yes" What was the scene supposed to mean? :rolleyes: OFC she didn't marry Eric Delko! Gosh I hate whenever they want to give out an useless hint on a ship! TPTB are unable to create anything logical from this POV so they'd better not even try it.

Poor Frank just this scene, couldn't they give him another episode/storyline/interactions like the ones he had 8x04 - "In Plane Sight"? **shrugs**

Tom is just weird!!! That's all I'm gonna say about that man :lol:. Poor Ryan, he seemed pretty upset by the end of the dialogue.

"Mr. Protocol"....bravo Ryan :thumbsup:

Walty ehm Walter's art history lesson was....cool LOL

Overall....I didn't like it not because of the storyline which actually quite interesting, but anything else seemed off in the episode :shifty:

An okay episode. Fatherly love at the extreme:rolleyes:

My thoughts on this episode:

Was surprised Adam was taken out of the opening credits.:( Glad Jon was listed third though (as he should). I know the opening credits are extremely expensive to produce but if Adam has to come out, they should be revamped

Glad to see Natalia right away collecting evidence and then in the lab.

Okay, I am officially sick of the split screen:(

Laughed out loud when Frank raised his voice to aggravate the groomsman's hangover. Don't mess with our Francis:lol:

Got a chuckle out of the groomsman wearing the kiddie pool floation device.:)

Loved Calleigh calling Jesse "dimples"

Liked Jesse in this episode. It seems as if they are loosening him up, toning him down a bit and infusing a little humor in his character (maybe to mirror his growing comfort with his new surroundings and coworkers?!) Loved his referring to the groomsmen as "dumb and dumber" and "frick and frack". Yes, Jesse can also be implusive, grabbing the woman's purse and searching it while telling Calleigh he doesn't need a warrant. I thought it was funny that he took off the orginal handcuffs and used his own, but Jesse sweetpea how can the officer put the men in different cars when you have them handcuffed together? The writers needed to have reviewed that scene before adding it to the eppie.

I didn't see anything wrong with Ryan's exchange with the ME; both thought they were right and were just annoyed with each other and neither was going to back down (maybe a little male ego involved). Neither really seemed like a jerk to me. Ryan did find more of the same in the limo, so it worked out:thumbsup:

I, like some of us, have been concerned and upset with the tinkering of Ryan's character the writer seem to have been doing this season. Most of it has been mainly negative; making him look stupid or an insensitive jerk. It has been upsetting for me, because IMHO it is unnecessary and not a step in the right direction. IMO, it has been an insult to Jon Togo and the character he has wonderfully protrayed and his fans. Saying that....

It didn't seem that way this week to me. The writers didn't seem to deviate so much from his character at least for this episode (they were letting Ryan finally be Ryan) For possibly the first time this season, I enjoyed every minute Ryan was on the screen. He is looking better and better (glad they are growing out his hair again:thumbsup:). I always enjoy when he is paired with H and he continues to have good chemistry with Jesse and Walter (it is nice to see Ryan not being the outsider). In fact, his scenes with Walter were my favorite

"Don't use that word; my 84 year old bubbie uses that word" (Ryan has a bubbie?!)
--Ryan laughing; not WHY he was laughing but the fact he was laughing. I don't remember him ever laughing that hard
--That whole scene in the suite. Which brings me to.....

I must of missed something ( and it wouldn't be the first time): Did they explain (other than alcohol) why the painting was taken and did it have any connection to the solution of the crime or was it just a misdirection play?

I enjoyed this eppie for no other reason that the screen time was spread out fairly evenly.

I like your assesments. I posted kind of quick last night. Still rolling my eyes at the amount of screentime for Jesse as opposed to Ryan. :rolleyes: Although, I liked the "dumb and dumber" and "frick and frack" remarks. :lol: My favorite had to be the groomsman that spent so much time with that rubber horse stuck around his waist. :guffaw:Didn't it even occur to them to remove it before questioning began?

Still think the ME was a little harsh with Ryan, I do think Ryan was trying to tease him a little and Tom wasn't having any of it. I have worked with people like that and you just want to tell them to lighten up a bit. :lol:

Walter and Ryan scenes fantastic. I absolutely loved Ryan's laugh. :lol: I want more of that. You are right he has never laughed that hard before, chuckled a few times, but never like that.

I have two questions:
1. Why so much screentime with Emily.
2. Who does Jesse think he is? Searching the girls purse without a warrent?

I am sorry, they are trying to build this character profile, and the most interesting thing about him is the wrinkles on his forehead.

On e last remark. MiamiWolfe your amazing, you remember all the little details and it always gets me thinking or rethinking my own assessment. Thank you. :)

I have two questions:

I am sorry, they are trying to build this character profile, and the most interesting thing about him is the wrinkles on his forehead.

Maybe they are trying to see who he's got better chem with? Or maybe because Jesse and Calleigh know each other before his return? Who knows.....but I do hope they are not pairing those two together, Miami needs to take a step back from inter-office romance.....

As for Jesse's moment of intensity when he was with that stripper girl....I'm assuming that it's the way they kinda do things in LA, maybe it's something he picked up working with LAPD....I hope to see more explanations of that....but I'm definitely seeing a dark side to Jesse's sweet and charming persona....maybe this will lead to some big relevation....

I find him to be very interesting, it's nice to see just a normal decent guy without some big complicated past or difficult childhood, that's getting boring now considering all characters have to suffer through some big trauma in their convulted past, so for me, the fact that he's just your normal average nice guy is good enough for me. I was getting sick of all the dramatic past stuff, if I need that, I would be watching a soap opera...not a primetime crime show.....it's one thing to have interesting characters with conflicts but another to have all of your characters have some dark secret past...it's just a bit unrealistic that everyone in that crime lab's got some dark past...I mean, what are the odds in real life....it's just nice for me to see normal people...

And who knows, maybe Jesse will have some dark convulted past too....hmmm:shifty:

Oh well....either way, I'm enjoying Miami more than I have for the last 5 years....so that's gotta be a good thing right?:p

Jesse---just shows us all what a whore he is..when he knew the strip club that the ladies undies were from, when he got called dimples, and the BS searching the strippers bag without a warrant.

I'm sorry, but this "whore" comment I find VERY insulting. If you bother to watch closely instead of being blinded by your bias, you would have learned that it was Walter who told Jesse about the club, if anything, the "whore" is Walter, not Jesse. Besides, CSIs are suppose to know things and know places, they are investigators after all, not idiots. And since when does being called "Dimples" equals being a "whore"? Are people not allowed to be called cute or given nicknames? If Ryan or Horatio or Adam was being cornered and checked out and given nicknames by a stripper in a club they were investigating, would you call them a whore too? And how does even the whole searching the stripper's bag is being considered making Jesse a "whore"? Maybe that's the way things are done in LA and Jesse just followed his instincts?

I understand when people doesn't like a character, I understand when they wanna mock a character, heck, I've done both. But to call a character a "whore" when he hasn't done anything other than just being the new guy on an established show is just over the top and a bit ridiculous. And not to mention it's a slap to Jesse fans.

First and foremost, Jesse just threw his co-worker under the bus using Walter as a scape goat without him being present. I could understand this if they had built a repore between each other, but they've only known each other for what 4 episodes. Eric and Calleigh did it numerous times in S7 with Ryan, but they've been friends and co-workers 4 years prior to that point.

Secondly, its true that Jesse has women issues we've already been given that information although we do not have specifics.

Thirdly, it doesn't matter what they do in LA, this is and will always be Miami! None of the others have been so over the line with a person of interest....on the second interview unless they took it personally.

Fourthly, Eric was put in a compermising situation at a strip club and acted like a gentlemen to the woman instead of a jerk.

Ryan, has never been woman bashing even when he was dating Ericka Sykes and we all know how rocky their relationship was.

And finally don't start talking to me about bashing, you can either 1. stick up for your fav character or 2. let it go...alot of bashing has and will continue to be on this board no matter the topic.

The groomsmen weren't cuffed together. After Jesse uncuffed them, he put a pair on each of them. You can see two pairs hanging off his waist, he handcuffs Jack, then reaches around and pulls out the second pair, and handcuffs Sean.

I would have sworn he handcuffed them together. My bad. Thanks for the clarification CSIKitty:thumbsup:

I like your assesments. I posted kind of quick last night. Still rolling my eyes at the amount of screentime for Jesse as opposed to Ryan. :rolleyes:

Thanks:) I do think the screen time for Ryan is getting better.

Although, I liked the "dumb and dumber" and "frick and frack" remarks. :lol: My favorite had to be the groomsman that spent so much time with that rubber horse stuck around his waist. Didn't it even occur to them to remove it before questioning:guffaw: began?

THAT was amusing:lol:

Still think the ME was a little harsh with Ryan, I do think Ryan was trying to tease him a little and Tom wasn't having any of it. I have worked with people like that and you just want to tell them to lighten up a bit. :lol:

I think the ME is just a very intense man without much of a sense of humor. I didn't think, though, Ryan meant anything by what he did or said other than not backing down:)

Walter and Ryan scenes fantastic. I absolutely loved Ryan's laugh. :lol: I want more of that. You are right he has never laughed that hard before, chuckled a few times, but never like that.

I do as well. One thing I really like about this year is with Walter and Jesse around, Ryan seems more accepted, less of an outsider and maybe they are having him relax a little.

I have two questions:

1. Not sure.:confused: Maybe because with Adam now gone, she is the most senior character (along with H of course)

2. I think it shows that Jesse can do things that aren't exactly by the book (not excusing it though). A lot of people have been complaining about SuperJesse and this is their way of, as I stated before, toning him down.

On e last remark. MiamiWolfe your amazing, you remember all the little details and it always gets me thinking or rethinking my own assessment. Thank you. :)

Thanks again; I try to (I did slip up with Jesse and the handcuffing). Maybe I have too much time on my hands:lol::guffaw:

First and foremost, Jesse just threw his co-worker under the bus using Walter as a scape goat without him being present. I could understand this if they had built a repore between each other, but they've only known each other for what 4 episodes. Eric and Calleigh did it numerous times in S7 with Ryan, but they've been friends and co-workers 4 years prior to that point.

And that makes him a "whore"?

It has been clearly written before that Walter seems very knowledgable in these areas.

And also, Walter and Jesse seems to be clearly building a good friendship, they've been hanging out alot, why is it so strange or so wrong that Walter would tell him, or why does it make Jesse a "whore" even if he told Calleigh that Walter told him.

You make it sound like Jesse committed some big sin.

If it was something like Walter broke protocol and Jesse gave him up, then I'd have problems with that. But a harmless matter like how does he know about a strip club? You don't have to be close buddies to know that or tell another person.

Secondly, its true that Jesse has women issues we've already been given that information although we do not have specifics.

I'm gonna say it again, how does this make him a "whore"?

And since when it is an issue? He just said that he came back for a "girl", if anything, he seems really happy about this "girl", so I'm not seeing this issue.

Thirdly, it doesn't matter what they do in LA, this is and will always be Miami! None of the others have been so over the line with a person of interest....on the second interview unless they took it personally.

Once again, I'm gonna ask, how does him being intense in his search make him a "whore"? If anything, he was wrong for searching without a warrant, but I fail to see the "whore" in this.

Fourthly, Eric was put in a compermising situation at a strip club and acted like a gentlemen to the woman instead of a jerk.

Ryan, has never been woman bashing even when he was dating Ericka Sykes and we all know how rocky their relationship was.

And Jesse was woman bashing? You got that from all just one scene? Wow.....so that one little moment makes Jesse a woman basher? And that makes him a "whore"?

Even though he was the one cop who was nice to Calleigh when she first arrived at MDPD, or even when they were questioning that cougar woman, he was still very gentle and kind....

But of course, he searched without a warrant, he must be a "whore"......

And finally don't start talking to me about bashing, you can either 1. stick up for your fav character or 2. let it go...alot of bashing has and will continue to be on this board no matter the topic.

So here I am sticking up for my fav, and I'm still puzzled as to why he is labeled a "whore"? Because he knew that club? Because he got called Dimples? Because he was intense with that stripper?

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
The only thing I recall mentioning Jesse and a girl was when Calleigh asked him if he came back to Miami because of a girl and he said "sort of, but not in the way you're thinking" which sounds like it means its not a romantic/sexual thing... they've seemed to place the clue there that he has a daughter. Or they may be (knowing this show's writers' pentions for rewriting storylines) setting it up for him having a sister who is sick like Marisol was (wouldn't honestly surprise me for the writers to rewrite that storyline for Jesse- though if they have Horatio become romantic with a sister of Jesse's, I'm going to have to scream lol). Or it might possibly be that his mother is ill. Whatever it is, it was very clear by his comment to Calleigh that it wasn't a romantic or sexual thing.

I think Jesse's going through the woman's purse was understandable under the circumstances. He was just trying to get info on the whereabouts of the groom because the groom's life was at stake. He didn't care about whatever else the girl might be doing. He knew he could use it against her to get the info he needed. Obviously the girl wasn't too smart cause Calleigh said "we need a warrant" and the girl still didn't seem to get that they couldn't arrest her for having that drug because a judge would throw it out due to the lack of warrant. :lol: If he hadn't done that then the guy would have died.

I do wish he had had a warrant though because I don't think that stripper should have gotten away with drugging those men. What if one of them had had an allergic reaction to the drug and went into cardiac arrest and died? She didn't think about that. She just thought and cared about the money. I do think she should have gotten charged with that. Oh well. At least they found the groom alive.

Walter and Jesse seems to be clearly building a good friendship, they've been hanging out alot

Yep, that's true. And 4 episodes does not necessarily mean 4 weeks in tv time. It could be that there are several months in between each episode, so Walter and Jesse could have been friends for over four months. So, I agree that it wouldn't be a stretch for Walter to have shared his knowledge of that scene with Jesse.

In Walter's first episode and not long after meeting Jesse, he was explaining the world of the cougar to Jesse... and at that club where they were talking to the one woman, Walter was telling Jesse what her words meant and her mannerisms. So it made perfect sense to me that Walter would mention this strip club to Jesse.

Last edited:
I'm not sure who said it further up the thread, but I took it as the father of the bride was just doublechecking that her name was Duquesne but the writers could have implying her single woman status.

And when were we given information that Jesse has women issues? All we know is that he partially came back for a girl and it's not the way we would assume so it's not a girlfriend or wife. To me, that doesn't at all imply that he was women issues. You can't even say that he's divorced because we don't know who the girl is. It may be a daughter but it could be a mother or sister. Or was there a spoiler somewhere that I'm not aware of?

I'm not sure who said it further up the thread, but I took it as the father of the bride was just doublechecking that her name was Duquesne but the writers could have implying her single woman status.
Yep that was me and yes I'll take it as a doublecheck (officially) , but knowing TPTB they were sooooo implying her single woman status. Unfortunately, there was no need for that, at least for me LOL

And when were we given information that Jesse has women issues? All we know is that he partially came back for a girl and it's not the way we would assume so it's not a girlfriend or wife. To me, that doesn't at all imply that he was women issues. You can't even say that he's divorced because we don't know who the girl is. It may be a daughter but it could be a mother or sister. Or was there a spoiler somewhere that I'm not aware of?

That's the point, we weren't given any info on Jesse having women issues, and I seriously doubt him saying that he partially came back for personal reasons because of a "girl" not in romantic sense can be considered him having women issues.

I'm not aware of some spoiler saying Jesse had women issues, but poster nwolfson22 seems to think so and obviously knows more about this issue than we mere mortals.....because apparently Jesse's women issues makes him a woman basher and a "whore".....:rolleyes:

Did anyone else think Jesse seemed uncomfortable when the stripper was flirting with him? I think he seemed that way when the cougar in that other ep was flirting with him too. :lol:

Did anyone else think Jesse seemed uncomfortable when the stripper was flirting with him? I think he seemed that way when the cougar in that other ep was flirting with him too. :lol:

Jesse seems to be uncomfortable with any kind of flirty women attention, definitely for sure. Which is why I'm thinking maybe he's got a wife or he's a family man, hence not really into the whole flirty thing......:lol:

The only women he seems to be comfortable is with Calleigh and Natalia....LOL!

Originally posted by GregNickRyanFan

I totally agree... :lol:

I felt the episode was RUSHED... everything seemed out of place. I want H's one-liners back, it was so awkward to see Cal say what she said before the screen cut.

Ryan & Tom. Hah! Poor Ryan! It was weird but what can be said Tom is no Alexx. Way too much Jessie & Cal together. Don't like the way Jesse went "I don't need a warrant!".

Its upsetting that the story was great on the whole but very poorly edited... you could tell alot of things apart just by watching segments of it.
The whole story seemed to fall bits... sounds like tptb had their crew workin on the crossovers they completely neglected this episode.

Back