8x04 - In Plane Sight ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, Oct 10, 2009.

1. HoratioStalker

HoratioStalker CSI Level One

So glad I'm not the only one who felt this was boring. I kept checking e-mail while it was on. :lol: I actually liked Ryan's vest, I thought it was cute on him. Jesse, Walter, and Tom are nice breaths of fresh air for this season that could be quite sad with Eric leaving. The RPS scene was fun, and I liked how Jesse came through for the guy but doing so quietly. I hadn't noticed until I read the comments that Natalia was missing :(. The story was a snooze, but it was great seeing Andrea Parker again. I didn't know she was in this ep, and when she took off her sunglasses at the boardwalk while H was talking to her, I pointed and yelled, "It's Miss Parker!" (I still miss that show) If I was grading this, I would give it a C for being uneven.

2. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

AWWW time to comment this episode which I'm watching right now LOL

Again, nothing and no one is normal in Miami so why should I be surprised to see a man flushed down the toilet? :lol:

Jesse and Ryan playing Rock, paper & scissors. This was hilarious LOL

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww that dog!!!! What a cutie!!! Sorry but I love Spaniels :adore:

Oww Shawn Pyfrom...what was with that t-shirt and his hairdo? Gosh I really thought he was gonna be all dressed-up like Andrew Van De Kamp...guess I was totally wrong. For god's sake that t-shirt is just disgusting LOL
    "I would never hurt my dad"....yeah yeah that's the typical sentence killers say :rolleyes:

So....nobody knew that Howard Burgess broke his ankle bracelet...are they even part of a police department? 'Cause I'm having some doubts on it LOL

Where is the mommy? OFC she's going somewhere to grieve her husband loss :rolleyes: and that somewhere is the mall. God, this is the reason why I love this show. Everyone is insane LOL!!!

Well....knowing Andrea Parker, since she played Miss Parker on "The Pretender" (ahhhhhh I love her and I loved that show!), I really thought that Allison was gonna rip Frank's heart out of his body because of his phrases LOL. Thank god she was just a little bit calmer.

"I had no idea what he was up to" why is every woman on this show unaware of what her husband is doing? Another reason why I love it :lol:

"No one believes me" yeah I don't believe you my dear, but I do enjoy watching you LOL

Ok when people are trying to lynch Allison Burgess (BTW was Burgess such a famous man all over Miami? LOL):
    1) I have to laugh out loud at Horatio grabbing that man's collar. I don't know, it's just hilarious! I've never seen Horatio that protective towards a rich woman on the show.
    2) That black woman who said "you're next". Ewww I wanted to slap her! No one treats a Parker like that LOL
    3) whoever threw that thing on the car...thanks for the heart attack LOL!

Calleigh saving the day and the guy. Yay!!! I missed this Calleigh! Thank god she worked in this epsiode.

Is Jesse doing exactly what I'm thinking he's doing? 'Cause that would be just sweeeeeeeet!

The whole banana demonstration was just hilarious LOL. Kudo to Tom!

"I have a pilot licence""Of course you do"...so what? Sorry, but I didn't get her answer...was that supposed to mean she was kinda representing "us"?

Horatio still calling Ryan by "Mr. Wolfe?" meh.

Am I the only one who noticed that when the guy, who came out from the plane, told them he was just doing his professional job, they doubled to voice effect so that it seemed like Calleigh was thinking about that sentence? Thoughts? :shifty:

So the victim's wife left some indentation on an official document to hire that man? :guffaw: For god's sake, that's just ridiculous!

"this is my first case of death by wench" and the whole dialogue....that's what I like seeing on this show among the team members :thumbsup:

Who was the killer? The kid, right!!! I knew it!

Loved the last 2 scenes. The first one I loved that puppy dog's face of Allison and Horatio standing there not moving a muscle LOL

The very last scene....oh well that remind me why I love Jesse and why I want Eric Delko out of the city. Sorry, but Jess is just the perfect man and I love the new trio!

Finale note...where was Natalia? Was she on vacation?

3. Wasabi Power

Wasabi Power CSI Level One

I didn't mind the sweater vest, oddly enough. Maybe it's because I liked Ryan's hair so much. :lol:

I don't see Ryan and Jesse as smug with each other at all. That's just how dudes fool around. Ryan's 'that's mean' line was funny.

Walter is hilarious.

Is it bad that the ME guy reminds me of my uncle, who is a dentist? :guffaw:

4. CSIKitty

CSIKitty Dead on Arrival

flhunter, I totally agree with you about Jesse. I'm really enjoying his character. I haven't watched CSI: Miami in a while and I had only tuned into the season premiere to see if Speed would pop up. I was annoyed that he didn't but I was interested in Jesse's character and decided to watch more. I can't wait to see more of him. I wonder why he returned to Miami. Who is this girl that's 'not really' who Calleigh is assuming she is?

I loved his scenes with Ryan and Walter. The three of them make a good team, haha. Wasabi Power, I agree with you about Ryan and Jesse not seeming smug with each other. They play off well against each other.

I was really skeptic about tuning in this season but every episode seems to be getting better and better.

5. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

Throughout the episode, I was looking for Natalia she was never on! Her absence from the episode could've at least been explained.

As cute as Ryan looked, didn't like the vest either.

It drives me crazy that H continues to do that to Ryan. I've always wondered why, I don't think he's ever called him Ryan. I used to notice the same with Eric, sometimes he's called Eric other times they call him by his last name Delko.

LOL, Ryan is adorable! He's been such a treat to watch this season. Ryan and Jesse were playing RPS cause neither one wanted to do the dirty work. Walter was just in the wrong place, at the wrong time and got stuck with the work instead.

I didn't think of Jesse's return as a romantic one either. It could be he is back for his sister or maybe he does have a daughter. I had a hunch that Jesse would help out Carlos and his family after he made that call.

Jesse, Ryan and Walter's scene at the end was great.

6. BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida Rookie

Coming from someone who used to despiese and mock CSI:Miami ALL THE TIME for its cartoon-ish characters and way-over-the-top styles, to say now that I'm completely in love with this show is a pretty big deal!!!

And the reason for this complete flip? Jesse Cardoza!!!!

I certainly do not mind seeing more of Jesse, it is understandable that the new character gets to take the front seat more frequently so we know them better, and not to mention I just love Jesse! He's the breath of fresh air that Miami needed! You have no idea how THRILLED I was to learn that Miami finally has a NORMAL human being in its midst! Jesse is sweet, kind, decent, good-natured, and modest, he's a team player who doesn't want to hog all the glory, and while sometimes he's put into kind of the superhero role, he never comes off as smug or arrogant. It is so nice to see a normal charming guy who isn't egoistic! Jesse is the kind of decent good loving man that I would want to marry! He's calm under pressure and just generally dependable and steady.

And I am too excited about his reasons for returning to Miami! Oh just how cute it would be if he had a little girl! THAT WOULD BE SO SO ADORABLE!!!! I'd love for him to be a family man!

It seems that TPTB of Miami has finally found the key to make this show more enjoyable, more team-orientated and more grounded in reality, I'm quite proud of the writers/producers this time for trying to turn things around! This new season has certainly brought about the birth of my adoration for CSI:Miami! Never had I been so excited to watch this show!

I admit Jesse is in many scenes, but as a writer myself, I can understand the show writers trying to give the new guy some material to run through so that we know more about him, so in that sense, I can totally understand their reasons for putting him in alot of the scenes! And really, I can't say I was really paying attention to anything else but Jesse! He's all encompassing cuteness sort of overtook everything else!

This episode was fun, we got to see more of the comraderie showing up, and it would finally seem that Miami has learned to balance the screentime much better, yes Natalie was no where to be seen or heard, but still this season's screentime balance is better than all other seasons combined! So BRAVO to the writers and producers for finally taking notice!!!

Well, what can I say, I just adore Jesse Cardoza and I love to more and more of him!!! How can I pass up a cute and sweet guy like Jesse!!! Not to mention HOT too!:drool:

Last edited: Oct 13, 2009
  7. BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida Rookie

Oh dammit, not a double post! Totally pressed the wrong button...

Well.....Something just popped up at me as I was re-watching that scene about why Jesse returned.....and if you look closely after Calleigh casually teased with the line "A girl?", Jesse had a brief almost proud-fatherly kind of smile on his face before he replies to Calleigh....

So maybe it is a daughter, because that smile is just like the ones I've seen on the faces of many proud parents when talking about their kids.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2009
  8. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I remember Horatio calling Ryan by is first name once.That was in the episode that Ryan was fired for gambling in season 5. I always wondered if there was some significance to the fact that Horatio has only called Ryan by his first name when he was in trouble. Wasn't there a spoiler that stated Horatio would call Ryan by his first name this season?

I agree,that was a pround parent's smile.

9. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

Horatio seems to address some people more formally than others. Not sure why. He calls Maxine Valera "Valera." A couple of times he called Frank "Francis". I giggled at that.

Personally I liked this one. Nice to see the science and the techs come back, especially with Cynthia Wells. I don't think she's been on in quite a while.

Walter is really growing on me. I especially love Jesse's and Walter's interactions. Surprised Walter didn't wear a mask when draining that tank. Brave soul! :wtf:

Sounds similar to a case hubby worked back in the day.

I too loved the ending, especially with Mr. Guzman getting that job offer and apartment for his family. Some people would say it's too fluffy or cheesy, but I think there's enough misery and depression out there in RL. It's nice to see someone win for a change.

Still not sure what I think of the new ME. I think they're somehow TRYING to shape his character, but he's just somehow too bouncy and at the same time trying to fit in (calling Walter "Night Shift"). Maybe they'll hammer that out.

Much better, CBS! Much better!

10. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

When he called Walter "Nightshift", for some reason I thought of the Holo Doctor from Star Trek: Voyager who always had a smartalecky attitude to him

11. slower

slower Lab Technician

Ok let's try this again.:lol:

I have to agree that the RPS scene with Ryan and Jessie was so funny and cute, glad to see Ryan have a good coworker repore for a change. :)

Again, too much Jessie and not enough Ryan, and where the heck was Natalia. :(

Frank per usual very sarcastic...love it. :lol:

Now, will someone give Ryan a match to burn that damn sweater vest, then we can all give it a proper burial. :lol: He has been on the show too long for the writers to treat the fans as if they don't know Ryan and how he has evolved over the years. He is not that same kid. He is smart, sexy, and has not worn a sweater vest since what s4.

Walter is ok, but is he recurring or a regular now? He seems to get as much screentime as the others.

12. symbeline

symbeline Witness

This is the first time since the show started that I've been so bored with an episode that I started doing other things while watching. Jesse's presence is starting to get on my nerves, to the point that I'm beginning to have the feeling that I'll stop watching if things don't change soon. I always try to be a loyal fan to the shows I've been watching for a long time, so I know that I won't give up easily, but this season is starting to remind me of CSI's 9th season, where I had to -reluctantly- stop watching. This season is getting worse with every episode, but I'm still hoping this is just some kind of transition and it'll be back to normal soon. *fingers crossed*

I liked:
    - Cynthia is back.
    - Calleigh rocked some serious high heels. She almost tripped when she had to run in them. :lol:

I didn't like:
    - Extremely boring episode, boring plot. Grade C, only because I'm feeling generous.

- Too many reused jokes, awkward humor.

- So the new guy Walter is funny, therefore he gets all the funny scenes. How original and understated. I didn't find him funny the first time and last episode was even worse. Talk about subtlety. :rolleyes:

- Too much Jesse. He's hot, he knows/does a lot of things, he's perfect, charming, caring, everybody loves him, has a heart of gold and has some sort of secret that -I bet- will be make him even more loved. How Mary Sue of him :rolleyes:. I have the feeling that the writers are blurring the lines between character and actor and that's distracting. IMO Eddie is a pretty face with average acting skills, and the fact that the character is attracting so many people makes me think that it was designed to be that way: ratings-oriented. I prefer flawed characters, they made things more interesting and create good conflict. I don't see Jesse being interesting at all, what's he gonna do to make the audience react to him in a less positive way, steal Ryan's aftershave? :p A character that's always positive and perfect is grating after a while.

- New ME was less distracting this time, but he still feels a little bit forced, as if the writers are trying to come up with a mix of NY's Sid Hammerback and LV's Al Robbins.

- So now this is Walter&Jesse show with a little bit of H&Calleigh and some Ryan for the funny moments? Whatever. :rolleyes:

- I'm having the same problem I had with CSI last season: they are showing that the new team is like a family, everybody loves each other, they have a lot of bonding moments and they interact a lot, so the fans are obviously happy. And my reaction is the same: it feels like an insult to the old team and old fans.

- If you don't want to include Natalia fine, but please, let the actress go. What's the point of having her in the credits if she's going to appear for like 2 minutes once in a while?

- So you have Travers and Dave, two characters that apparently worked and the audience kind of loved, and instead of giving them more screentime, a new character is added. Anybody care to explain it to me?

- Eric's not my favorite character, but it feels like they are not making an effort to create a decent exit for him: if he's not going to appear in every episode until he's gone, it would've been better not to wrap so quickly and easily his investigation and wait until later to see if he was cleared, so his absence would be justified.

I'm extremely frustrated and sad. I hope this isn't the last season I watch because I really love the show. :(

13. CSIMiamiLover88

CSIMiamiLover88 Hit and Run

Hey, so i am new to this forum, BUT a massive fan of CSI Miami, In the UK we're only up to episode 7.16 (yes the hiphuggers have only just got together) Please dont tell me they break up again???? :(

I have just bought all the boxsets 1- 6 sadly 7 is not out over here yet, I dont know where to start, can you all please tell me which are the best episodes for calleigh and eric moments?

Thanks so much!!

14. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

I would say most of season 7 as it pretty much builds up that relationship and brings it to a head

15. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I think the Miami/Jesse thing is worlds better than the LV/Langston thing last season. The majority of Jesse's scenes are with other main cast members (and Walter who is supposedly going to become a new main cast member- though I think they should keep him recurring cause his character is great, but after a while all the jokes and whatnot that he makes will grow stale and annoying- less is more I say) and only a few with guest stars. Whereas with Ray last season on LV, the majority of his scenes were alone or with guest stars and only a couple of scenes with the other main cast members.

I do have to say this though: Jesse has had way too many scenes with Calleigh. I'm not crazy about that. They need to tone down on the pairing up the same two people all of the time. Why can't Cal and Nat work a case together? or Cal and Ryan? Cal and H? Cal with Walter? Yeesh.