8x04 - In Plane Sight ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

I'm sorry guys, I hate to always disagree on this point. :) But, Ryan is a grown man. Maybe in the first few seasons he could get by with the sweater vest, he was so young. But now it looks ridiculous. I agree with you that Ryan looks good in most everythng he wears, but let's not take him backwards. OK, this discussion is best suited for the Jon/Ryan post.

I was getting a little carried away. :lol:

Guys of all ages wear sweater vest from the very young to the very old. That particular type of clothing isn't restricted to age.

I think Jesse is a wonderful character and I really, really like him. But I'm becoming concerned that there is going to be a backlash if this character, and the hype surrounding him, doesn't settle soon. Already we are seeing complaints that we are seeing too much of him as opposed to the other characters. These complaints are coming from fans who like Jesse and are more than willing to accept him into the team.

I have been so excited at the postive response Jesse has received from a majority of the fans that I don't want to lose that and I think we might be in danger of that happening if we don't see a more even approach soon.

I understand, with Jesse's introduction, that an increased presence at the start is necessary to establish relationships with the team and give us an idea of "who" this guy is, but with the increased presence you risk alienating fans whose favorite character's time is reduced as a result. (I'm seriously missing Natalia here!)

Yeah, I can understand your concern with the number of scenes Jesse's been in, and I can see how this will translate with other fans who would want their favorites to be shown more. Still, I think the fans should just give it a few more episodes and let the writers flesh out what they need with Jesse and maybe things will calm down, who knows.....

But really, I think Miami is still handling Jesse much better than CSI did with Ray or even NY is doing with new character Haylen Becall. At least Jesse's scenes are interactions with other characters and I think they are trying to throw Jesse around to see who he's better paired with, so I think alot of these scenes are kinda experimental in a sense, the writers want to get a feeling of who Eddie/Jesse has the best chemistry.....

Though I do agree that Natalia's absence is a bit glaring.

I think we the fans should just give the writers some time to let them run through what they need with Jesse, and if by the mid season Jesse is still in majority of the scenes, then I will definitely not argue with anyone who wants to chase after TPTB with large pitch forks.

I agree. NCIS is my favorite show - it actually pulled ahead of CSI Miami a couple of seasons back because it provided me with the team dynamic and character interaction that I wanted to see.

To me, NCIS is the prefect example of how to deal with an ensemble cast. (I'm trying to ignore the TIVA aspect right now, which is my only complaint! :()

NCIS has always been my favorite, well, at least for the last two or three years, before that was the Stargate SG-1.

I agree that NCIS has been good with its ensemble cast, although even on the NCIS boards there are arguements over who's not getting enough screentime. So I guess screentime is always gonna be an issue with the fans, I mean, I can understand, people are always gonna want to see their favorites on screen more.

As for the whole TIVA thing, I'm kinda glad that the writers aren't making it that clear, hints are quite enough. It's better than suddenly pairing them up in a some big romance, at least the writers are letting TIVA develop on their own, and as much as I dislike inter-character romance, Cote de Pablo and Michael Weatherly are just adorable together, both on screen and off screen! Love them in interviews!:lol:

Guys of all ages wear sweater vest from the very young to the very old. That particular type of clothing isn't restricted to age.

Maybe so great_zombie, but it is a step backwards for Ryan's character development. :)

I appreciate that some may find that attractive, Ryan did look cute a few years back, he was younger.

I am sure some older men wear them, but the men I know would not be caught dead in them. Suits yes, sweater vests no. :)

Gosh, I've missed a lot!!

I think Jesse is a wonderful character and I really, really like him. But I'm becoming concerned that there is going to be a backlash if this character, and the hype surrounding him, doesn't settle soon. Already we are seeing complaints that we are seeing too much of him as opposed to the other characters. These complaints are coming from fans who like Jesse and are more than willing to accept him into the team.

I have been so excited at the postive response Jesse has received from a majority of the fans that I don't want to lose that and I think we might be in danger of that happening if we don't see a more even approach soon.

I understand, with Jesse's introduction, that an increased presence at the start is necessary to establish relationships with the team and give us an idea of "who" this guy is, but with the increased presence you risk alienating fans whose favorite character's time is reduced as a result. (I'm seriously missing Natalia here!)

I really want to like Jesse I really do, and I agree he brings a newness and a freshness to the show. I also realize that the overexposure is not EC's fault or doing; the fault lies for whatever reason they are doing what they are doing at the feet of the writers (remember this is the same group who wanted to reward Adam's eight years of hard work and loyal service by killing Eric off). But it is hard for me not to worry if this is going to be another year where my favorite characters will be background fodder again; no character developement and if there are story arcs they are negative (especially for Ryan). I was kind of excited for this year; maybe after season seven ended with a growth in maturity, that season eight might be Ryan/Jon's breakout year. It is starting looking as if that won't materialize AGAIN. The sad part is that Jon Togo is becoming if not already a darn good actor whose talents are being wasted. I know that is Jesse continues to receive a majority of the scenes and hype, the way I feel here will be echoed by many others.

Ryan would look cute in a potato sack as far as I"m concerned. :lol: However, I find it odd that anyone in Miami wears anything sweater material. :lol: Especially if it's hot outside. :lol: I prefer Ryan in t-shirts though. :) In this game that I played once called "Jojos Fashion Show 2", one of the guy models' tops is a pink t-shirt (which Ryan's pink tee reminded me of) with a tie. I think that would look cute. Pink tee, tie, blue jeans and sneakers. It's kind of punk-rockish-cool. :) :lol:

I thought that the sweater vest looked out of place for that reason. By the way, I saw that same vest; color, etc on the episode Shootout (mid to late season 3 or season 4 can't remember), so I agree with slower that dressing him like that again is a step back for Ryan's character.

I hope he never says "oh snap" again. That was just weird even if it was a bit funny.

I love Ryan to death but he can't pull it off. It was kind of funny though because it isn't him.

I also realize that the overexposure is not EC's fault or doing; the fault lies for whatever reason they are doing what they are doing at the feet of the writers (remember this is the same group who wanted to reward Adam's eight years of hard work and loyal service by killing Eric off)

It was actually CBS the network honchos that wanted to kill Eric off, not the Miami head honchos. The Miami head honcho went to bat for Adam/Eric and thats how they negotiated the ten ep deal.

Gosh, I've missed a lot!!

I really want to like Jesse I really do, and I agree he brings a newness and a freshness to the show. I also realize that the overexposure is not EC's fault or doing; the fault lies for whatever reason they are doing what they are doing at the feet of the writers (remember this is the same group who wanted to reward Adam's eight years of hard work and loyal service by killing Eric off). But it is hard for me not to worry if this is going to be another year where my favorite characters will be background fodder again; no character developement and if there are story arcs they are negative (especially for Ryan). I was kind of excited for this year; maybe after season seven ended with a growth in maturity, that season eight might be Ryan/Jon's breakout year. It is starting looking as if that won't materialize AGAIN. The sad part is that Jon Togo is becoming if not already a darn good actor whose talents are being wasted. I know that is Jesse continues to receive a majority of the scenes and hype, the way I feel here will be echoed by many others.

I agree that its not Eddie's fault. and I want to like him. But Jon is my fav and I don't want to see this talent to go to waste. We have seen what he can do, when he is given the opportunity. and I too was hoping that this would be his breakout year. I mean no disrespect to those of you who love Eddie, but when you watch for a particular character and then have new people come in and take up all the screentime (or most of it) it is disheartining. :)

Ryan would look cute in a potato sack as far as I"m concerned. :lol: However, I find it odd that anyone in Miami wears anything sweater material. :lol: Especially if it's hot outside. :lol: I prefer Ryan in t-shirts though. :) In this game that I played once called "Jojos Fashion Show 2", one of the guy models' tops is a pink t-shirt (which Ryan's pink tee reminded me of) with a tie. I think that would look cute. Pink tee, tie, blue jeans and sneakers. It's kind of punk-rockish-cool. :) :lol:

I find it hard to beleive they wear suits.:lol:

I thought that the sweater vest looked out of place for that reason. By the way, I saw that same vest; color, etc on the episode Shootout (mid to late season 3 or season 4 can't remember), so I agree with slower that dressing him like that again is a step back for Ryan's character.

Thank You MiamiWolfe, finally someone who feels the same. :lol: I honestly thought I was alone in this respect.

I hope he never says "oh snap" again. That was just weird even if it was a bit funny.

I love Ryan to death but he can't pull it off. It was kind of funny though because it isn't him.

I agree this is not Ryan, his personality can't pull it off.

I also realize that the overexposure is not EC's fault or doing; the fault lies for whatever reason they are doing what they are doing at the feet of the writers (remember this is the same group who wanted to reward Adam's eight years of hard work and loyal service by killing Eric off)

It was actually CBS the network honchos that wanted to kill Eric off, not the Miami head honchos. The Miami head honcho went to bat for Adam/Eric and thats how they negotiated the ten ep deal.

Thanks for the clarification.:thumbsup: Kind of makes one wonder what motivated that decision from CBS, and IMHO WHY they felt they had any say so.

Thanks for the clarification.:thumbsup: Kind of makes one wonder what motivated that decision from CBS, and IMHO WHY they felt they had any say so.

CBS and Adam couldn't agree about something to do with his contract. CBS apparently got their feathers ruffled over the whole deal and said "let's fire him and kill off his character" until Ann Donahue (I think that's who it was) stepped in on Adam's behalf and worked out a deal for him.

CBS and Adam couldn't agree about something to do with his contract. CBS apparently got their feathers ruffled over the whole deal and said "let's fire him and kill off his character" until Ann Donahue (I think that's who it was) stepped in on Adam's behalf and worked out a deal for him.

Kind of overly sensitive aren't they? Glad that Ann Donahue intervened and got Adam the send off he deserves:thumbsup:

I have t say this is very disturbing. That they could let Adam go and hire two new actors in his place. Something smells here. Why not give him what he was asking for, if it was of monetary concern. Doesn't make sense to pay two new actors, unless it was totally unreasonable on Adam's part. Or, could it be he wanted to have some time for other projects and they were unwilling to allow him the time? :confused:

I think it was that Adam wanted to do other projects and it was hard trying to get the time. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Adam said somewhere that the movie he was working on had to adjust THEIR schedule in order for him to finish up on Miami.

I guess they figure that he is their's in a sense, after all he did sign a contract (not sure of the specifics of it), and during the filming season, he should be off limits to others and that other projects can occur during off season.

I think it was that Adam wanted to do other projects and it was hard trying to get the time. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Adam said somewhere that the movie he was working on had to adjust THEIR schedule in order for him to finish up on Miami.

I guess they figure that he is their's in a sense, after all he did sign a contract (not sure of the specifics of it), and during the filming season, he should be off limits to others and that other projects can occur during off season.

This makes sense. I don't always read or hear what the actors themselves have to say. I guess Adam just had to make a decision, good for him, bad for us. :)

Back