5 years since 9/11.. What do you think?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Lizzy_004, Sep 10, 2006.

1. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

^^^ I'd say that's always an individual choice. Parents should be able to judge what their kids can and cannot handle...

But again we digress. Where is this new thread that's supposed to be discussing this stuff? I thought you were starting one, Roka?

I just remembered something else from 9/11... I'd spent something like 6 hours glued to my TV set and decided my head was going to cave in if I didn't go outside and try to cheer myself up. I went to see American Pie 2 to hopefully have some laughs and was sorely disappointed. Although again, it could have just been because I wasn't truly in the mood...

2. Roka4csi

Roka4csi Coroner

Baba I have already opened the new thread, and actually we weren't really digressing, we were still on the subject of 9/11 minus the political stuff. Just discussing whether parents should show their kids images or not.

3. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Ah yes, I see that now... I'll go take a peek. However, the topic in this thread is your personal remembrances of that day.

4. Detective_Burn

Detective_Burn Coroner

Sure, I brought this up. I posted about wondering how parents explain such attacks to children. I posted this, because I still donĀ“t know.
    If this no rememberance, my fault.

5. Roka4csi

Roka4csi Coroner

Got it. Carryin on in the other thread :)

6. CSIsMANIAC

CSIsMANIAC Captain

Ohh..I remembered something. I went online after the event happened and found this picture of the Twin Towers going up in smoke. Looking closer at it, I noticed there was a devil amidst the smoke. What kind of person has that much time on his/her hands to do such a thing? And there was a small caption beneath it stating that the smoke went up and turned into a devil. Ah geez...and I thought people had better things to do.

7. Roka4csi

Roka4csi Coroner

Yeah I saw that too :confused:, but I don't think someone did that on purpose, I think they saw it in the smoke and just made it clearer.. I actually have a video similar to that but of Jesus and Mary in some smoke or something, things like that happen at times and people will film them. But the 9/11 devil thing was scary :(.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

I think that that stuff was crazy man. I member watchin it with my mom when we were in Germany. Now my dad is over in Bagdagh. He was suppose to come back last month but he had to stay longer. Its weird cuz it was like yesterday that it happened. It dosen't feel like five years.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Yep.. I was at school, my senior year, second hour "Ancient World Civ." class. I got in the classroom to see the TV on and the events unfolding. I don't recall if I saw the live footage or the tape of the second plane hitting the tower, but I did see the towers fall live. Sad, sad day.

Honestly, it hasn't that much; as I don't fly, drive or know anyone in NYC/DC/PA.

(randomness about September 11th)

However, I feel that the C-in-C could have done more to prevent it from happening, or at least, minimized lost of human life.

And the whole lying to the American people about why we went to Iraq and waging war on an ideal that has been around since the dawn of civilation - and will continue to be until the end of the human race (however you believe that will come to pass - Christ's Second Coming or whatnot)- so, essentially, he's just signed the death certificate for thousands of my (former) brothers (and sisters) in Arms and set a speed record for blowing our surplus and sending the Nation back into major debt. Oh, and Sir: where the heck is Osama? If you could find Saddam in how many months then why is Osama still at large - even though he's the most wanted man in the world with a $25,000 (I think) bounty on his head?
    [/randomness]

10. Guest

Guest Guest

I saw that too... dunno if it just appeared that way or if someone has WAY too much time on their hands...

PS: sorry if this be a "double post"...I'll try to edit next time if I find a quotable quote

Personally, the way things are going, I think WWIII is a very (grimmly) real possiblity

(my comments are in BOLD text)
    (I'll edit this later to make it easier to read...I need to get to bed...work 3rd)

11. mokis

mokis Prime Suspect

I remember i was working at a hotel as a recepcionist and saw the news on the tv of the hotel bar... i was resting, taking my time and suddenly my whole world was turned upside down... it hit me really hard... and i'm sorry for all the people that died that day.

But, and this is a personal opinion, this terrible day has being used for less honourable purposes than to bring democracy to countries like Irak or Afganistan. We have to accept that money rules the world and oil is money so... And about Bush and his politics well... let's forget about them...

I also remember vividly 3/11 in Madrid 'cause i'm Spanish and i knew people that were on those trains.

12. CSIsMANIAC

CSIsMANIAC Captain

Yeah..these kind of things don't seem to surprise me that much now. When 9/11 occurred, I was 13 I guess and I was introduced to this terrorism issue. I gotta say, I was pretty shocked that some people would hurt others just to make a point. Not just hurt but to actually create a catastrophe. That's bordering on obsession to try and make a point..which has evidently FAILED. Like rubbing salt on a wound.

13. PrettyEyes

PrettyEyes Pathologist

I'll keep your dad in my prayers. What branch of the service is he in?

14. GrissCathfan

GrissCathfan Rookie

well.. i was @ school juss gettin in2 my music class. my music teacher was watchin tv & we asked her what was up. she said the twin towers had juss been hit. we all sat there silent & we were in shock. & us being silent was a 1st :lol:! after 5 or 10 minutes we started class & continued on 4 the rest of the day.

15. Detective_Burn

Detective_Burn Coroner

Money means envy. And envy starts wars...