From TV Guide online:

24 Hires Mykelti Williamson to Take Charge of CTU

The late Bill Buchanan's heir apparent has been named, and it's Mykelti Williamson.

The actor, whose credits include TV's Boomtown and CSI: NY and the Sundance hit Black Dynamite, is joining Fox's 24 in the series regular role of Brian Hastings, the boss man of CTU's New York outpost.

Hastings, says Fox, is MBA-schooled and wields a razor-sharp intellect.

Previous Season 8 castings include Freddie Prinze Jr. (as the head of CTU Field Ops/a wannabe Jack Bauer) and Jennifer Westfeldt (as an ambitious newswoman).

24 kicks off Jack Bauer's bad day in the Big Apple on Jan. 17, 2010.

Okay...they left so much open for the next season. I guess that they can change people a lot if this season people didn't work out :p

I think this season made me just mad. Just mad. Killing all those people and playing with Tony.

Doh, of course!

I wonder how long they are going with the show... IMHO they are soon at the point, when they start to reuse ideas. Not that I complain... I love to watch Kiefer <3

'24' shuts down production to allow Kiefer Sutherland to have surgery

20th Century Fox Television has temporarily shut down production of "24" so that star and executive producer Kiefer Sutherlandcan undergo a surgical procedure related to a ruptured cyst near his kidney.

Although the cyst ruptured while he was working earlier in the week, production continued until Friday without him. His publicist, Evelyn Karamanos, issued the following statement on Sunday to the Times:
"While Kiefer Sutherland is frustrated to miss even one day of work, he and Fox decided together that it would be best to complete this minor elective procedure now as a precaution as opposed to six weeks from now when production wraps. He looks forward to returning to work next week."

Production will probably resume in one week. 20th Century Fox Television also issued a statement on Sunday:
"We are temporarily suspending production of '24' while our friend and colleague Kiefer Sutherland undergoes a medical procedure. We hope to resume production shortly and do not anticipate any disruption in the broadcast of this season's episodes."

I hope Kiefer feels better soon. 24 has beend great this season and I love Freddie Prinze Jr on the show too he works great with Jack. A worthy casting to the show.

Can't wait for episode 10!!!

I am guessing he is fine, as he is ready to return to work and has been cleared.

Source: Tv Guide Online

Kiefer Sutherland will return to work on 24 after undergoing a minor elective procedure for a cyst near his kidney that ruptured.

"We are happy to report that production will resume March 1," a rep for the show told TVGuide.com.

Sutherland's time away from the series should not disrupt the broadcast of 24 this season, which airs Mondays at 9/8c on Fox.

Fox cancels '24' www.variety.com/article/VR1118016256.html

20th Century Fox TV and Fox have decided to end the long-running hit after this season, the show's eighth.

Move is not a huge surprise -- but still reps the end of an era for Fox.

The cost of producing "24" has continued to increase, while ratings have dipped. Studio considered shopping "24" to other nets -- but given the thriller's age and price tag, it's believed that the interest from other outlets would have been limited.

What's more, Sutherland and the "24" team have been keen on turning the show into a movie franchise -- but such a move into the features world was considered impossible while production continued on the TV series. (Daily Variety, Feb. 8.)

Twentieth Century Fox's film side recently hired scribe Billy Ray ("State of Play," "Flightplan") to pen the script for the feature version.

Ray's pitch, which takes Jack Bauer to Europe, was a hit with Fox execs and producers of the high-concept television series.

Script is said to have come through "24" star Sutherland, who's also an exec producer on the series -- and is said to be eager to turn the long-running TV skein into a feature franchise.

Feature would be produced by the TV show's key exec producers, including Sutherland. Series was created by Robert Cochran and Joel Surnow, while exec producer Howard Gordon runs the show through his Real Time Prods. banner.

Brian Grazer's Imagine Entertainment, which produces the show along with 20th Century Fox TV, also would be involved.

i sure do hope that is not true and that 24 returns for another season. if there is going to be movie i will be going out to see it when it comes out.

Hey "24" fans!
wave2smiley.gif

I'm still here and of course watching my Hero in action! :drool:
Am I sad that its coming to an end? Nope. :)
It's time for Jack Bauer to take a bow my friends. Every television show must come to an end. I've accepted that and look forward to enjoying the remaining episodes this season.
bigsmile3.gif

Don't be sad.

Long Live Jack Bauer!! :)

--------------------
Sutherland_K.jpg

Source: EW

Exclusive: NBC may make time for '24'

24 may live to see another day after all.

Multiple sources confirm to me exclusively that 20th Century Fox has approached NBC about picking up the series should Fox opt to cancel it — and the Peacock is considering it. “There’s definitely some interest,” says an insider close to the talks.

Earlier this week, reports surfaced that 20th (a.k.a. the studio) and Fox (a.k.a. the network) are nearing a mutual decision to end the serial thriller after eight seasons due to declining ratings and rising costs.

A move to NBC — while still considered somewhat of a long shot given the hefty price tag — would likely delay 20th’s plans to launch a Jack Bauer film franchise. From a production standpoint, 24 execs have long maintained that it would ne next to impossible to make a movie while the series was still on the air.

Reps for 20th and NBC declined to comment.

Awesome ending to 24 last night! Just when things seem to be getting a little dull, then BOOM! they up their game. I love this show. :hugegrin: Can't wait for next week.

Awesome ending to 24 last night! Just when things seem to be getting a little dull, then BOOM! they up their game. I love this show. :hugegrin: Can't wait for next week.

Agreed! I'm glad it's finally picking up, though I could so do without the lame Dana Walsh subplot that never seems to end. I love Katee Sackhoff, but this subplot is the worst thing since Kim got chased down by a cougar in season two. :rolleyes:

Last night was definitely a return to form, though, and really picked up the pace. Is Renee still at CTU? I wonder if she'll be involved next week.

Agreed! I'm glad it's finally picking up, though I could so do without the lame Dana Walsh subplot that never seems to end. I love Katee Sackhoff, but this subplot is the worst thing since Kim got chased down by a cougar in season two. :rolleyes:

Last night was definitely a return to form, though, and really picked up the pace. Is Renee still at CTU? I wonder if she'll be involved next week.

I wonder the same thing about Renee. I hope she comes back soon. I guess that after everything presented about her character this season it's too much to ask for that she be teamed up again with Jack, huh? I really liked them working together in season 7. She's like the woman version of Jack :lol:.

The ending last night was great, good twist :thumbsup:

I love Katee Sackhoff too :). Which is why it's so annoying for me that she isn't busting everyone's a** a la Starbuck!! :lol: It's just plain weird since I'm so used to seeing her like that. BIG Battlestar fan, even got some of them in my sig :).

Last edited:
I've also been wondering when Renee was going to surface next.
I don't care for the Dana storyline either, but that probation officer (if he really is one) is uber creepy. So I hope it will turn into something interesting.
I remember reading an interview somewhere where Katee stated that she had some cool scenes with Kiefer, so maybe she will redeem herself.

Last edited:
Back