08 Presidential Elections

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, she would be Madam President and Bill would be the First Gentleman... I think. That's the way that they dealt with it in Commander in Chief if I recall correctly.

"Madame President" has a real nice ring to it. :) Go Hillary!

P/S: Thank you very much, "Live Free or Die" - New Hampshire". You came through yet again.

Yes, a huge thank-you to New Hampshire voters. Despite the fact that I'm rooting for Clinton, it becomes a very boring exercise when it's a foregone conclusion who the nominee will be. Now that so many of the other Democratic candidates are dropping out of the race because of financial concerns, it's even more important that it's not just one or the other, and that we keep guessing up until the Convention in August. Wouldn't it be nice if the Convention actually served it's purpose instead of just being a week-long party?

I say Go Hillary as well! I admire that woman so much. And I feel bad that she loses voters a lot (IMO) because of Bill.

And watching US elections makes me like our elections system even more :p :lol: But Big country, I guess this is better way to choose candidates.

The odds from here, and from the bookies and pollsters, are saying Hillary will be the winner, but the same ones also predicted John Kerry in 2004 :( and Obama just got the endorsement from the Culinary Union, hugh win, their a big part of Vegas :eek: and then there's John Edwards, the Carpenters union voted for him! soo, we'll see!

Saturday's results in Nevada, the Democrats Hillary 51%.. Obama 45%.. Edwards 4% :( and Mitt Rommey the Republican got 51% here!!! I went and it was very exciting to be amost people who were all on the same page, and I just finished watching the CNN Democratic debate, in So. Carolina.. alot of sniping between Hillary and Obama :mad:.. they do not care for each other, however John Edwards was very cool.. and stayed out of it!! we';ve still got alot of states to go..

Yeah, I've been for some of those "get-togethers" as well albeit it was for Bill. :) Very exhilarating. You really do get caught up in the whole process.

Thank you, Nevada!

I was very excited about the Nevada win, but Obama's camp could have shown a little more class about the loss instead of sniping about who will be awarded the delegates in April...

And speaking of sniping, I wish Obama and Clinton would stop already. This is no way to inspire people to vote for you if you're constantly trying to out-talk each other and ignore the fact that there needs to be substance to your arguing. I'm pretty disgusted with them both right now because the point of the primary season is becoming lost in the shuffle between their enthusiasm for smacking each other. Last night's debate was ridiculous on many fronts and I'm glad I didn't waste two hours of my life that I won't get back watching the whole thing. I'm a Clinton supporter, but the person who came out on top last night was John Edwards.

Yes he did Springmoon he rocks.. and is so passionate, and so not two-faced and so eloquent ;) & has the best all around new fresh ideas.. he rocks.. and if does show others characters, when they rag and insult each other.. so not about the issues :mad: I was actually picked as a delegate, and will be working for the candidate of my choice campaigning.. it was very exhilarating to be there, I've never done this before.. so after the present administration, dragging us down the drain, we need new fresh people in the White House, for sure!

I have been totally enthralled by this Presidential Election.

Here in the UK the coverage of it has been uunpresedented. I don't ever recall following the Primary/Caucus votes in each individual state in the 2004 or the 2000 elections :lol: to be honest with you I didn't have a clue what they were until 2nd/3rd of Jan this year :p I couldn't of named any of the Democratic or Republican candidates of any previous election other than the ones that ultimately ran for the president, but this year I know everything about all of them even the ones that have now dropped out :lol: I find it completely fascinating.

I stayed up until 2am last night watching the South Carolina Primary results come in on CNN and Congratulation to Barack Obama on his landslide victory. Although the SC vote did show that race was an issue in the result. I hope that doesn't become apparant in the remaining states as I want Barack to be the Democrat Candidate for the President and hopefullly elected to be the President. Apparently 78% of African American voters went for Obama, bur he only received 25% of the white vote.

I have to say though I cannot contain my excitement about SUPER TUESDAY :eek: ;)

The Kennedy's endorsed Obama, Ted, Caroline and Ted's son, a jaw dropper, Ted's been in the Senate for 45 years, so bascially they snubbed the Clinton camp, this is hugh for Barack!

Hope the "race" card isn't blown out of proportion either. Obama's got way more to him than "just" that. As for Ted Kennedy's endorsement, the weight of it is not what it used to be especially with the sort of demographics we have now. It's not unexpected either since we know how he feels about Senator Clinton. :)

Super Tuesday is going to be unbelievable.

Super Tuesday is going to be unbelievable now that there are basically just 4 candidates left on the Republican side: McCain, Romney, Huckabee, and Paul; and just Clinton and Obama left on the Dems. Edwards is dropping out today, but is not expected to make an endorsement of either of his former rivals, and Giuliani is expected to drop out and throw his weight behind McCain.

The race argument is driving me bananas, especially since both sides are "guilty" of escalating it. I'm not sure what to make of Ted Kennedy's endorsement, but I agree Tally, I don't think it has the weight that it might have had say a dozen years ago. Other members of the Kennedy clan, including the former Lt. Governor of Maryland, have come out in support of Clinton, so it's clear that there is some division in that clan as well.

Tuesday is now less than a week away; I hope that the best candidate wins, but with "only" 1700 delegates up for grabs on the Democratic side, the race will not be decided at all and will continue into the spring and maybe even summer since the winner needs to capture 2025 delegates. May the best candidate win!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back