CSI:NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Start Spreading the News!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Aug 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

No, that's episode 3.

I wouldn't call her a slut unless she was sleeping with multiple guys at the lab. Sleeping with Adam seems more like a case of 'great guy, bad timing' - which is at least an improvement over 'bad guy, bad timing', which is what she usually ends up with. :p

2. CCA

CCA Police Officer

Cuckoo's Nest

wow....I can NOT wait for that episode and they better not and I repeat better not some how mess this one up. Like seriously if all a sudden Flack is put on the back burner for another character's drama, like Lucy gets swine flue I'm going to have a flipping heartattack!

3. csimania19

csimania19 Rookie

cuckoo's nest sounds interesting! :p

great that there's more flack to come. he has always been this strong guy, but hey, there has to be something to break him down. there a spoiler before, in tvguide i think, that flack will focus on his work as his tribute to angell. but why is he kind of slacking off now?

and it's awesome that nelly's back. he and eddie have great scenes together. but terrence's ties with flack are done right? they broke it off in pay up before flack went to the dinner to get angell.

4. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

Wow.. would Stella have been less of an office slut if she'd had the one-nighter with Mac?:confused:

Not that I'm completely behind Adam/Stella or the coworker-dating-train (or Mac/Stella for that matter) either, but what's with the trend of labelling CSI characters as office sluts whenever they hook up with a coworker they're "not supposed to"? Calleigh and/or Natalia on Miami get slapped with the label (but never both by the same person); Sara on Vegass gets hit with it; now Stella? It's really a demeaning term, and I've never once seen an instance where it's been deserved. In the course of six years Stella's hooked up with two guys, and only one of them from the office - it's even less deserved with her.

I could almost see your point about Flack, though (although we probably can't assume he was sleeping with the girl at the second crime scene just because he gave her a flirty smile). But the spoilers for "Cuckoo's Nest" have me feeling excited about his player-bit now, because I feel like they're going somewhere with it. And that right there is probably why we never saw Flack with a comfort-moment at the end of "Epilogue" - he hasn't found it yet, and likely won't for a while.

Yes! Thank goodness I'm not the only one who thought so, but yeah, "Epilogue" really was worlds better than Miami's premiere (which really disappointed me, given the way they'd been hyping it up even more than they hyped up NY's).

I thought Danny had more of a Robinson Crusoe-look, really (although the "Beast" from Disney would also work). He looked a little like death warmed over, but that's always been a good look on him.:lol:

For Lindsay, all I have to say is oh, snap. And how it's beyond uncool that I can literally count on one hand the number of non-case-related words she said to anyone else on the team who wasn't Danny during this entire episode.:scream: Apparently it's still okay to sacrifice her individuality on the altar of D/L. But I did love Adam's "chiquita" line to an unhealthy degree.

I've watched the episode 3 and a half times tonight and I'm still on the fence about Haylen, though I think I'm leaning toward liking her. She's not as much of a stereotype as I worried she'd be. I mean, I'm not too impressed that I think we're supposed to be seeing her as super-smart and cutely determined, like Mac and Stella do (even less impressed that the only way they could think of to demonstrate those traits is by having her show up Adam). But I like that she seems to know perfectly well how book-smart she is; she's very sure of herself, and if handled correctly that could actually turn out to be an interesting character flaw.

It was a pretty good start to the season, wasn't it? :lol: I can't remember ever liking one of NY's season-openers as much - the one that came closest was "People with Money", I think (although being fair, "PwM" was practically tied with "Can You Hear Me Now" for me).

5. Ballettmaus

Ballettmaus Hit and Run

My thoughts exactly.
    I just hope the writers agree with it too (or rather think in lines of their characters) and let that one night stand be a one night stand.

6. EngleBarn

EngleBarn Rookie

I'm torn, on one hand, boy I couldn't agree more. But on the other hand, it did nothing for the storyline, characters or show in any way, just by being all together a minute and a half of an episode. I want to see more. No more incidents, but more about how this one happened and how it affects them.

Also, I think we're doomed to see more, name one show where a one night stand, was a one night stand, with no more to it. Not even mentions in later episodes, or the least bit of consequences. Should be friends, but not even there I can recall one-night stands, being just one night stands (Except joey of course. but that's not between characters)

7. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

he totally was!! i was expecting to hate it but i didn't, although i'm not sure i'd want to see more of it either. i'm still hoping it provokes mac into a huge fit of angry jealousy :D

hmm that won't be easy to watch then. oh well, i'm sure mac will distract me.

i was glad to hear it too :D the only slightly bad thought i had was "oh, so they're going to explain danny's miraculous recovery by saying "well, it rained didn't it?"" - hmmm.

overall i really liked the ep - it tied up a lot of loose ends, it set the scene for a new season to get going, and it was nice to see what had happened to them all in the interim.

i thought lindsay was surprisingly good overall, it was nice to see her being positive, as has been said, and not just whining. on the other hand i thought her picking up the bullet came over as a little patronising - although i don't know what else she could've done. also i thought it was totally justifiable to be angry with him that he lied about it - i can see why he did but i see her point as well.

i liked the bit when danny was saying his chair needed a sidecar for lucy - that was cute without being irritating, and adam's ideas for pimping out the chair were quite good too :)

i spent quite a lot of it wondering hom much advice gary gave carmine over how to do some of those scenes :)

most of all i liked just how angry mac was - omg he's so hot when he's angry!

exactly - it's a totally demeaning (and actually quite offensive) term - i actually don't think it should be used about anyone, especially by other women, regardless of what they do, and i don't think one lone one night stand - whoever it was with - warrants calling someone it. but i've said similar elsewhere so i'll just go back to my feminist ranty land :)

8. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

Simply not gullable and easily amused I guess:rolleyes:

My point exactly.... so maybe SLUT is abit strong but I agree with this sentiment, and with all of that respect of person maybe Adam can dig up twenty five bucks and take Stella to city hall.

Finally a "couple" I can believe in.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2009
  9. csimania19

csimania19 Rookie

hey guys, just saw some set photos on sTV for the las vegas- miami- new york crossover episode. gary, eddie and laurence fishburne are in them. kinda confused with the spoiler link rules, so i'm just being safe by not posting the link lol. so yeah, just a heads up. :)

10. noealonso

noealonso Rookie

11. nel2h

nel2h CSI Level One

Thanks noealonso for the great pics.

12. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

13. carminelove15

carminelove15 Rookie

Im happy to see that they are giving other charaters like Hawks and Flack storylines this year. Its a nice change of pace.
    Thanks for the spoilers.

14. CSI Cupcake

CSI Cupcake Police Officer

I'm so glad they are bringing back Terrence this year. I really liked the dynamic between him and Flack and he may just be one that can reach Flack on a level his friends can't. Wouldn't that be something!

15. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Thanks for the crossover pics.
    Flack is in there too with LF. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.