CSI:NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Start Spreading the News!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Aug 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Curiosity

Curiosity Prime Suspect

Yep. Adam's a nice, caring guy, a little quirky sometimes, but with a good sense of humor and someone it might be fun to pal around with occasionally. But he's also socially awkward, non-assertive, somewhat immature, and wardrobe-challenged -- the exact opposite of Stella -- so I can't even imagine that she would be romantically/sexually attracted to him. As you indicated, she seems to be drawn to (and more comfortable with) the alpha male types like Mac and Flack.

:lol:

Well, we know it's all about the drama and I guess for ratings sake, they want to make it "sexy" too. But I have a sneaking suspicion that in this case, it will be all about Mac as well....

If they had to go this route (Stella with a subordinate) I actually think Hawkes/Stella would've made the most sense and been more believable.

:lol: I don't mind the idea of Mac/Stella, but your description of how the franchise handles romances is one of the best arguments ever of why Mac and Stella shouldn't be together until towards the end, if ever.

Elwood21, thanks for that summary....
    Hmm...so it's a one-night stand? Maybe they are waiting to see how the audience reacts before deciding whether to pursue it or "never speak of it again."

Last edited: Sep 23, 2009
  2. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

:guffaw:

....I just -

:lol::lol::lol:

Loved. This. Immense thanks. Immense.

:lol:

:bolian:

Last edited: Sep 23, 2009
  3. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

You illustrate your point very, very well. :lol: :D To be fair, Eric and Calleigh's romantic progression is so typical of TV couples in general, where they're artificially kept apart for no good reason other than the fact that getting them together too early on or too easily wouldn't make for good drama.

In light of the Regis & Kelly show clip spoiler--which, since it aired on national TV doesn't need to be discussed behind a spoiler box, but thank you for the extra caution! :) --I'm not sure how I feel about Adam and Stella as a one night stand. But when is a one night stand ever just a one night stand in television? It feels a little like the Buffy and Spike pairing in Buffy the Vampire Slayer, without the hostility, obviously. :) An unlikely duo that doesn't seem to stand a chance--which is maybe why I'm intrigued. Danny and Lindsay were so predictable and banal at every turn, and, while I know many of you love the idea of Mac and Stella together, those two feel predictable, too. As does every other couple you mentioned above. So maybe that's why the prospect of Adam and Stella intrigues me. It's different, it's unexpected.

Are we so sure about that? I mean, unlikely couples can end up together. Look at Joey and Pacey on Dawson's Creek. It was called Dawson's Creek and it was all but certain that Joey would end up with Dawson--until the writers paired Joey and Pacey and the couple became the best thing about the show. Sometimes going off in an unexpected direction really pays off. Sometimes--like say, in the example of Rachel and Joey on Friends--it really doesn't (and it was cool and smart that the show played it as a mismatch once they got together and didn't sizzle).

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who feels this way! As much as I dislike Danny and Lindsay, they're supporting characters and their silly and unrealistic romance doesn't ruin the show. Mac and Stella together would just put me to sleep... and boredom will kill a show.

I think that's what bugs me--that he's always in the wrong, or at least he is in her eyes. I hate characters who don't take responsibility for their actions--honestly, for people in real life, that's one of my pet peeves, too. If if it takes two to tango, why is it always Danny groveling/apologizing?

LOL, :D Sorry!! :eek: :D

4. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

i think i'm feeling about the same!

well it certainly looks like they're getting their money's worth in pr terms, whichever agency they use will no doubt be looking forward to a hefty bonus!

5. Top41

It'll be interesting to see if the leaking of all of these shockers in the premiere will translate into awesome ratings. Miami did pretty well--down from last year but still won the time period. NCIS and its spin-off did crazy good numbers. I wonder how NY's numbers will be!

6. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

That's another possibility that squicks me about the Adam/Stella storyline, that it might actually veer in the direction of Stella knowingly using Adam. Not completely consciously using him in the sense that she'd view him as a tool in her plan to live in the moment (honestly, I doubt it would even be possible to make Stella's character go that far of the mark. Melina wouldn't stand for it). But in the sense of knowing that a fling with Adam would make her feel more alive.

Huh...lol, I didn't even realize from the interview that he'd lost his money through a scam. I juswt figured he'd put it all into some kind of stock which plummeted or something. But that makes things interesting...I wonder, since it's a scam, could he technically get his money back? Since he's the police, the scam would probably qualify as a crime...

I guess I could see this; it's really interesting 'cause I never thought about it that way before. But yeah, Stella really does seem to be on a more equal footing with Mac and Flack (and Hawkes to some extent); and therefore more comfortable with them. Whereas with Adam it's more about being protective and boosting him up, and with Lindsay it's not so much equal footing either, what with calling her "Kiddo" and indulging the experiments - if she treats Adam like a little brother, she treats Lindsay like a little sister. So I could see how they might not reach that level of best-friends (or with Adam, why it might not be believable that she'd be attracted to him), although I don't think that discounts the fact that they could ever be close. You could still be tight with your little sister. But there's just some things you wouldn't tell her that you'd tell a best friend your own age, because she's your younger sister; you might feel she won't understand. Or in the case of Adam (leaving off the "brother" thing because I'm discussing the possible relationship), you could think this younger guy is an amazing guy that anyone would want - just you can't see him like that because he's not as mature as someone your own age/older than you would be.

[For the record, Adam's very mature, but I have to admit I too am a little skeptical that Stella would be attracted to him. It's so cute of him, but the guy's still into video games and street hockey and phrases like "Whaddup" :lol:. I just don't see Stella finding that attractive.]

:guffaw::guffaw:

I would seriously marry you like, right now, for this alone. :lol: And I totally agree about the other romances in the CSI shows. It's not realistic drama at all, it's "As the Lab Turns" with a few dead bodies and murderers thrown in here and there.

This is actually something I have to say bothers me quite a bit about these shows. To be fair, I know the CSI men don't always have much better taste (Eric had one stalker and one thief; Nick's into the shady hookers; I don't know what was wrong with Warrick's Tina, but they certainly divorced really quickly). But we see them go through normal relationships with normal women, and break up under normal circumstances, far more often than we've seen the same for the women, and it's a portrayal that bugs me. It's that impossible for one of them to pick up a guy outside the lab who's not a creeper?

That's true, and if Lindsay knows she does something wrong and doesn't apologize again, it's still not going to be okay. But I think the reason her fans took Lindsay's side in Season 4 wasn't just because they were blindly devoted and trying to excuse her every bad act. It was because there was a side to take, as there usually is in a fight like that where both parties are in the wrong (or, if the show decides to be original this time, where both parties are justified). All things considered, I'd rather not see RND part 2 this year, but if it happens again I have no reason to assume it won't go down the same way.

That's fair enough, and while I actually am expecting/hoping to see D and L split in Season 6, if they were shown maturely and considerately working through their problems together, I might enjoy seeing that more. Good point out about the team sounding like they'll be falling apart this year - the producers promised we'd get more focus on character this season. But if it's going to come at the cost of their dynamic collapsing underneath all the drama, I think I'd prefer they stick to the crime aspect.

*facepalm* I knew I was hijacking the thread again :lol: Sorry; please respond! ;)

It's actually mind-boggling how many promos I've seen for TV shows in the last month with one of the characters in some state of undress, so yeah, I agree "sexiness for ratings" is probably a huge part of this new storyline. Although...I don't know, I'm kind of thinking Adam/Stella will become even more of a trainwreck if Mac gets involved on top of everything else...

7. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

Melina is appaer in a broadcast on CBS. And there was an extract of the first épisode (6.01 epilogue). It was her and Adam speaking about their last night, and both agreeing on the fact that it was good, but that that will not have to reproduce.

8. Messers fan

Messers fan Rookie

9. symbeline

symbeline Witness

Please tell me that's not true :eek:

10. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

Sorry, it's true

11. symbeline

symbeline Witness

Thanks Messers_fan and pelnoir

I shouldn't have read spoilers or watched the promos. This is a big mistake, I'm extremely disappointed.

I hope this turns out to be less damaging for the show than I expect :(

12. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

:eek::eek:Okay, wow.

Lol, actually - I liked that little clip. I can't really say much more until I know how that "one-night fling" is going to affect their overall relationship, but it's not that bad if it was just one night (rather than a drawn-out hookup)...

[Slightly OT, but I'm probably also a little biased 'cause that's the first time I've actually watched Melina do an interview before; she's so cool :lol:]

13. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I liked the clip too. Even though I don't want another couple between the main cast on the show, after seeing that I wouldn't mind them hooking up again. But I agree that it shouldn't screw up their work relationship or friendship. The huge smile on Adam's face is just :lol:. He's totally like, "Yeah. I just totally bagged Stella." :lol:

14. Top41

OK, that was kind of cute. :D It's just kind of unexpected and I guess I like that about it. It'll be interesting to see if they have that kind of chemistry...

15. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

I definitely think Stella has far more at stake in the midst of something like this, but I also gotta say, am I the only one who doesn't default to viewing Adam as a victim in all this? :lol: Geez. Crushing on her's one thing, but he never came off as blindly head over heels to the point where no possible outcome could be good for his having developed feelings for her. Perhaps they did somehow unexpectedly find some true solace in one another. I'm not in the least keen on this story development, and think it could be another example of Stella getting the short end of the stick by the show, but we'll see, and I'm not gonna vilify either of the characters for participating in it.

In light of what I saw this morning, I'm now hoping for better than worse in how it could be handled, even if it's something I still wish hadn't required handling at all.

:lol: ...if the circumstances of the losses are criminal, then it's criminal. Perpetrated on him as anyone else, no different cos he's NYPD. I don't think it could be additionally charged as financial assault on an officer of the law... :lol::p

Yes, that's a cut of what I saw this morning. Thanks for posting a link. (and yet, how the earlier CBS promo clips are worked in remains to be seen... :p)

I just didn't want to see either of them, but primarily Stella, damaged in a potential gimmick move. I am definitely relieved if that's essentially what it's gonna be and already largely done with. (Damn you TPTB, damn you and your pot and your stirring :lol:)

Completely! :lol:

And yeah, Melina seems very cool :p:)

Last edited: Sep 24, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.