Hodges and Wendy----Labrats Love!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Guys,

Please remember to mind the 3 line rule here in the Hodges/Wendy thread. Posts must contain at least three lines of on topic discussion. Thanks. :)

Season 9, Ep. 24: It's a Tough Job, but Raymond's gotta do it (2)- In the conclusion of the two part season finale, the team stands by as Riley and Hodges are held hostage by the gang in the drug house. Greg does something that could end his career as a CSI.

First I had a good chuckle cause why would Hodges of all people get snatched up, but then I thought of Wendy and her reaction. What will Wendy do should the writers follow through on this possible season finale??? I don't think I can even imagine. :lol: Will she save the day and come through with a key piece of evidence? Panic? Will she confess her undying love for the man ??? Will the writers even continue with this idea

Hodges is held hostage?! I'm starting to think that TPTB are reading our ideas on the thread. I'm curious to see how he'd act in that kind of situation... can you just imagine the look on his face at that exact moment? It'd be pretty indescribable, but I can just imagine his eyes wide without being ready to pop out at anytime. I can't even imagine how Wendy will react to the news, but I can't wait to see.

I've been lurking around here for a while. But everyone around here has said everything I think of, so I haven't had much reason to post, but after the episode where Grissom left (I only just now got to watch it!) I couldn't help but come here, because that scene when they were talking together was so telling. Wendy was so enamored by the conversation they were having, leaning in close to Hodges while he was talking. It was so cute.

Hey Innocent, welcome to the thread! Nice to see you in this neck of the woods... hope to see you around here more often.

that scene when they were talking together was so telling. Wendy was so enamored by the conversation they were having, leaning in close to Hodges while he was talking.

They were both so focused on the discussion and combined with the body language, it was so adorable. I hope that TPTB will give them more scenes like this in upcoming episodes. By the way, what do you think they'll talk about next time, and come to think of it, what were they talking about in that scene?

I really do want to know what they were saying... I know we never will, and it's not like they could've let us hear it because it was so not the time, but I'm still curious.

Oh, wow, this is actually cracking me up. Hodges would be the worst hostage ever. *sigh* He's going to go and get himself shot, isn't he...

I really do want to know what they were saying... I know we never will, and it's not like they could've let us hear it because it was so not the time, but I'm still curious.
Well, there probably is a way we could find out. I read lips, but I didn't get a chance to do that during the scene 'cause I was freaking out about there finally being a Wedges scene. If someone could find the scene, I may be able to tell what they were saying.

I think he might... besides, he gets on a lot of people's nerves, so I don't think he would fair too well in a hostage situation. Wendy really needs to teach him how not to do that... think she will when he gets back?

*laughs* I'm imagining Wendy just sighing and asking him why he never learns when to shut his mouth. Seriously. And she knows all about his inability to keep his mouth shut.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OsIZkstn5w

Although, I mean, it doesn't look like they're really saying anything. I can't read lips, but I think the exact second we see is pretty much Hodges covering his mouth and Wendy leaning forward... not exactly helpful.

(I just realized that I worded that really weird. Oh well.)

I still think that Hodges was just talking about how Grissom was leaving. We don't really have enough info to find out exactly what they were talking about, but I think that's probably close enough to accurate. Although I am almost certain that she was calming him down, which is what makes me grin.

Although I am almost certain that she was calming him down, which is what makes me grin.

I think she was calming her down... I'm sure that at this point, she's probably the only on who can calm him down so I have a feeling that he's gonna hang out at her lab more often. By the way, maybe Wendy should come visit him in Trace on of these days...

Actually, come to think of it, isn't it usually Wendy that ends up hanging out in the Trace lab? I can't think of any time, besides One To Go, where he goes to her lab. As with the Green Blood, she always seems to end up wandering over to him. Hm... suspiiiiciousss... :lol:

So I actually want it to be the finale soon, which never happens... I'm looking forward to seeing Hodges being held hostage, if the spoilers are true. What's kind of funny is that the spoilers say that it's Hodges and Riley, which is almost like TPTB going "Two of our four new(er) main characters need to be held hostage, since they've never been in danger. *rummages in a hat* And it looks like.... Hodges and Riley! Sucks for them."

Well I know in the last season, the episode about the dog fighting etc, Hodges made his way over into Wendy's lab, and 'hung out' for a bit...lol, but other then that, I think she'd spent more time over in his lab the he in hers. Wait, then there was the episode 'A Thousand Days on Earth'...remember the "Tag you're it" comment. The two were in the DNA lab as well.

As for what they were talking about in Grissom's walk through? As much as we'd love for it to be about THEM, I am pretty sure it was about Grissom's departure as well. Hodges unable to fully understand why the man is leaving, Wendy trying to explain it...and/or comfort him. Often times when there is a scene like that, the actors don't really say anything to each other.

I remember the first scene the two shared. They walked down the hall into one of the labs where Warrick, Sara and Greg were. And even though it looked like they were talking to each other, either Liz or Wally stated in the Labrats commentary that they didn't say a word to each other.

But on the other hand, this time around, they would probably have more to talk about seeing there is suppose to be something brewing between the two. You know, that good ol' foreshadowing of things to possibly come.

Okay, so if anything does happen that Hodges is one of the ones to get taken hostage, I still wonder if his mouth will get him into trouble. Maybe Wendy's words over the past couple of seasons about it will finally click in with the man and he'll be smart enough NOT to say anything. I wonder...should this play out the way it's suggested, if they both (riley/hodges), get out alive, will Hodges have a different outlook on life? Will he fess up to Wendy? *Can't remember if DJ asked that before*

Actually, come to think of it, isn't it usually Wendy that ends up hanging out in the Trace lab?

Come to think of it, yeah. Hmm, maybe she likes him better than she lets on... besides, I'm sure Hodges doesn't mind the company.

But on the other hand, this time around, they would probably have more to talk about seeing there is suppose to be something brewing between the two.

That makes sense... they'd have more to talk about this time around 'cause at this point, they're not just co-workers. I'm not sure if they're friends yet 'cause I'm not sure how to describe their relationship. But then again, isn't that what we like about them?

Hmm, maybe she likes him better than she lets on...
Did any of us doubt that she did? XD

I'm not sure if they're friends yet 'cause I'm not sure how to describe their relationship. But then again, isn't that what we like about them?
That really is the best part about their relationship with each other. It's like a friendship full of more mocking than is in most friendships (well, it's flirting mocking, so it's not necessarily more than normal, but each taunt gets more and more mocking).

Yay! Wendy is in the promo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back