CSI:NY Season 5 Spoilers Discussion - Start Spreadin' The News!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, May 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

My fave subject! :thumbsup: In Season One it was said The Section was an American Agency or at least it was strongly suggested and it was located at some unknown base in US. Starting Season 2 there was a change and it was suggested they were in Europe as it was finally revealed in "I remember Paris" episode (3.16). Michael was the Best Operative ever existed and he was the Main Operative. And Yes, he was Nikita's trainer. But their relationship wasn't a secret at all. Actually Michael received reprimends even from the Pilot because he didn't want to "cancel" her.
    There were specific rules regarding fraternization but only for them! Their relationship was specific forbidden by the Heads of Section One (My beloved Alberta Watson and Gene Glazer who worked in an episode of CSI NY where he postrayed the doctor in "Super Men")

And i feel you are right, if you don't write a couple in the proper way, it could be a disaster;). But i don't think not write it at all could work either:rolleyes: Well, in any case i wasn't expecting they go canon for at least other 2 seasons. But Season 4 was so good for my group! I guess i'm gonna miss the closeness between them (If it is as Season 3:vulcan:) The only thing i want it's not waiting until Season 9 (it weould be too long)

BTW I wonder how writers will put all the main cast, special guest stars and guest stars in this season with a decent amount of screentime for all of them
    We are going to have Melanie (And i hope she will be in more than one episode. Maybe i'll eat my words if she is mean to Stella but so far i like her.)
    ALso i expect many episodes for Adam, Reed (That kid should be back) Rikki and of course,we are going to have Mac's new girlfriend:klingon: and Stella's new beau:cardie: and even Lindsay's boyfriend as well

Debbs :D

2. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

... that's why I said '(or least it as one of the major reasons)'. The Nielsen ratings I quoted were only for episode 4x16 and onward, a few episodes after the writers' strike was over. Yes, the strike did indeed affect/lower the viewer count overall, but I gotta say a sudden two million drop after an episode is something noteworthy regardless of whether the strike had happened or not. The ratings for the latter half of season four never really recovered from that drop, apart from one major rise of about a million for episode 4x19 ... which then dropped by more than a million by episode 4x20, meaning there were even less people watching the show by then than before episode 4x19. (And interestingly enough, the promo for episode 4x19 featured Danny and Flack at the basketball game. :lol: Another coincidence?)

This will probably surprise you but I do like the Mac/Stella pairing. :lol: I'm just very jaded about any canon relationships between two major characters on the show now, even if Gary and Melina are both great actors. Heh, yeah, Melina did say in her interview M/S may happen in season nine but who knows where the show will be by then or if the main cast will stay as is for that long or go through drastic changes ala CSI:LV.

Same here. It's going to put the writers to the test, that's for sure!

3. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

I'm going to faint Kimmy:lol: But I understand why you don't want any canon relationship after all melodramma we had before:rolleyes:
    And you got the point! We don't know where is this show going to be in Season 9. That's one of the reason i would like they had a relationship before that. It was hard to watch a show without the main male star in The X files during the final 2 years and i don't want it happens here too (at least you show me their contracts;) )

Debbs :D

4. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

Interpreting numbers is hard (and I do it on a daily basis :)). For a more accurate insight you also have to take into account the external factors: what was shown on other stations on the days the numbers suddenly rose and/or fell?; was there something big or nothing at all happening in the world at those days?; what was the weather like in areas with a lot of viewers?; etc.

If I have to summarise based on the known numbers and the info about season 5 that you mentioned, I'd have to conclude that I fear TPTB have come to the conclusion that more and different drama is what the main audience wants and that, unfortunately, D/L will probably become one big fat red line throughout the series where they hang all the drama on. Rikki+Danny=drama -> Rikki returns; Lindsay+another guy=drama -> New guy comes in; Danny+trouble=drama -> Lindsay to the rescue (?); Lindsay+Danny=drama -> recurring characters leave (again :p).

I just hopes it stops after that, but I'm afraid we won't be that lucky.:(

5. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

:lol: Surprised, huh? Yeah, that's what I meant, season nine is still years away. Looking at CSI:LV the way it's become and at CSI:NY the way it's been already, I'm gonna be a cynic and hold low hopes that CSI:NY will stay with the same cast for so long. I'll be impressed if that happens though!

And speaking of X-Files, I understand you on that too. The instant Mulder left, I lost interest in the show. :lol: Not that Doggett wasn't played by a good actor, he was, but it just wasn't the same without Mulder. It'd be like Gary Sinise leaving NY and getting replaced by another actor.

Interesting ... I think I'll look into those factors too for the two million drop in viewers. As far as I remember, there wasn't anything big going on on the day episode 4x17 aired. Just another new episode going on screen. :lol:
    If they do that, then the writers are just going in one big circle back to square one. :rolleyes: If the final purpose is to get DL together, they already have ample opportunity to do it now without bringing back Rikki or the new guy for Lindsay. Actually, TPTB's had various chances to do it in season four ... but they didn't. And seeing as it's heavily implied by Veasey and various spoiler folk that Danny and Lindsay will be with other characters this season, I'm going to still stand by Carmine's statement that TPTB intends to end DL completely, and that hopefully, the propping business for Danny will finally end for good.

6. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

And you tells me there is lots of Adam, yessss? :D

7. lilou

lilou Rookie

I'm absolutly Smac. I love them together. Their chemistrery.... I love see the evolution of their relation. Maybe I'm more Sman but the spoiler say "mac and stella new love interest". But all the time we have the name of the actor. Spoiler say "this actor will play the new Mac's interest love"....But this time we have no name and with the season's 4 last episod I think it's maybe the new interest for Stella is Mac. The spoiler just say "the new boyfriend is absolutly different of Frankie" Why did they hide the name of the actor.

Well maybe I take my dream for reality but for me it's possible.

don't you?

8. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

^Sorry, I really don't see Mac and Stella getting together at this point in the show. Since we're talking about X-Files, my roommate brought up a good point: the minute you get the two leads together and kill the sexual tension, the show goes downhill.

I gotta throw this out here: Carmine's statement was conjecture. He said:

when asked about what was going to happen with Danny and Lindsay. Only the writers know, and my guess is that they're going to milk the drama for all it's worth. This season could be the end of it, or it could be just more obstacles to keep them apart because that's what television does: plays up the drama.

As for the ratings, there are so many factors that go into it. Who knows? Zuiker had some really interesting things to say back in the first season about "Tanglewood" and some of the other eps, and I think it illustrates the many factors that can go into the ratings:

9. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

Thanks for clarifying that. It's pretty much what I thought re. conjecture. And yes, I'm pretty certain they're going to milk it for as long as possible.

A possible theory came to me about Rikki's return. A few people have been speculating that her return has something to do with Ollie Barnes and word getting out about her taking Danny's gun. I doubt it would be as simple as that because we already know that although Flack smoothed the way, he still had to process it, so it's not as though it's been kept hidden only to be unearthed at a later date. Also, although the theory about Rikki being on trial for his 'attempted murder' is a possibility, I doubt it'd actually get that far as I think she will get the sympathy vote, and rightly so.

What did occur to me though, is the possiblity that someone actually does take a pop at Ollie Barnes. If he turns up dead at some point then it's quite probably that Rikki would be a number one suspect and it would open the door for her return and a good deal of Danny angst. Also, it's possible that Danny could be a suspect too (even though they've done that before). No doubt I'm way off, but it's still fun to speculate. :)

10. coruption

coruption Dead on Arrival

Hi ya'll...I haven't posted on the board in soooo long it seems. I'm luving these spoilers so far (despite having to scan through 20 something pages of how Rikki's return will affect Lindsay,bleh,bleh,bleh or if she's pregnant -how ironic would that be.He maybe partly responsible for losing her kid so they make it up by making another one? [​IMG] .I have to admit I am a little curious why she's coming back.) Anyway,when does the new season start?

11. MBGrissom

MBGrissom Pathologist

So, spoilers indicate that in ep # 505 Stella makes a visit to the Greek Consulate? Hmmmm, perhaps that's where she meets her new, non-freaky love interest this season? :confused: That would be a nice change of pace, #1) for Stella to meet a nice, normal guy who's actually worthy of her interest, and #2) for a romance to take place with someone outside the realm of CSI and the lab. I think the romantic storylines should be kept to a minimum in a crime drama anyway, but it's not quite so distracting, IMO, if it pairs someone within the lab, with someone outside the lab. You can't tell me that these intelligent, attractive, charming people aren't capable of finding interests - romantic or otherwise - outside of work, no matter how "workaholic" they are. An added plus, of course, is the possibility of Stella discovering some of her family background, while she's there. :thumbsup:

Last edited: Aug 5, 2008
  12. Railynn

Railynn Rookie

Coruption, the new season starts Sept. 24th!

Does anyone know when their 100th episode will be?? shouldn't it be in this upcoming season?

13. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Yes, Raylinn. According to the Maths done inside a thread, the 100 th episode will be 5.06 ;)

BTW Inside the Smacked Thread, a fellow made a comment on Matt's Rousch (tv guide online) comment

He said
    As we said weeks ago inside the Stellarina thread or even here, Stella in charge would be GREAT
    but i can't help but thinking on Kimmy's words about if the whole cast will be there in Season 9
    Personally i think meanwhile would be great to have Stella as The Boss, losing Mac would kill the show. The same i say about her and any other member of the cast
    It's a family and i want all of them as they are now!

Debbs :)

14. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

I actually think the maths was wrong on that. I meant to point it out in the other thread but then forgot about it. S1 was 23 epis, S2 & S3 24 epis each and S4 21 epis. That would make the season 4 finale episode number 92 (by my own calculations which are by no means foolproof). That would make the 100th episode 5:08. :)

15. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

You're correct. :)

According to TV.com's helpful episode number list, "Hostage" was episode 92, "Veritas" will be episode 93, "Page Turner" 94 and so on. "The Cost of Living", the latest episode we have spoilers on, is episode 97. So three episodes from that will be episode 5.08.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.