The British and Irish Thread

Ohhh will it be cold?? I'm a southern girl, I don't do cold very well. Even here. :(

Ahh Jodie, of course it'll be cold, then halfway through the day the sun'll be shining so you take your coat off and it starts to rain :) The joys of British weather.

Just think haha we'll be on the same tectonic plate (sorry about the geography reference, my brain is saturated), but speaking of geography, I'm sooooooo jealous you're going to the Lake District. I thinik it's the most beautiful place in England, well it's tied withthe Dorset coast but still. I haven't been in a while. make the most of it and take long walks and lot's of pictures (if ya have the time) because it really is stunning. Can be a little (a lot) rainy though so take decent shoes lol.:thumbsup:

Oh and while you're up North you should sample fish and chips from a chip shop on a corner somewhere. There's nothing like the taste of Northern fish and chips, haha the tastes unique.

And you should visit Yorkshire, just cause I was born there lol. Haha just go an hour north-west to a city called Wakefield. There's the ruins of a castle there which I thought was the most magnificant thing I'd ever seen when I was little. (The ruins know actually aren't all that impressive now I've grown up lol)

But whatever you do have plenty of fun :) and go back to New York with an English accent:thumbsup:

I'm back from your lovely country and I feel now is the time to tell you how great England is!

You people are so friendly. We didn't stay anywhere for too long, so we lived in B&B's owned by family's and such, and it was amazing! Though we got questioned mercilessly about our accents everywhere we stayed, I had a really good time laughing with the people staying with us. We rented a car and drove around, stopping at all the cool sights.

We started south and moved north (I seem to do that a lot *stares at current location*. London to Oxforshire to Nottinghamshire and up past Manchester and Yorkshire; I think... all I know is there were a lot of 'shires'

Adorelo, don't forget your hat ;)

I didn't, I sure needed him!

The weather here is unpredictable to say the least!

You're not kidding! It's crazy!

Ahh Jodie, of course it'll be cold, then halfway through the day the sun'll be shining so you take your coat off and it starts to rain :) The joys of British weather.

That happened. Twice.

I'm sooooooo jealous you're going to the Lake District. I thinik it's the most beautiful place in England, well it's tied withthe Dorset coast but still.

It really is beautiful. I was lucky. I went up on the last day and it didn't rain. I got to wander around the hills and gorgeous waters. It's stunning. and I had ice cream, it was lovely.

Oh and while you're up North you should sample fish and chips from a chip shop on a corner somewhere. There's nothing like the taste of Northern fish and chips, haha the tastes unique.

I did! My sister hated it (she hates fish) but the rest of us thought it was cool! We got it from some small time cafe, it was really cool.

And you should visit Yorkshire, just cause I was born there lol. Haha just go an hour north-west to a city called Wakefield. There's the ruins of a castle there which I thought was the most magnificant thing I'd ever seen when I was little. (The ruins know actually aren't all that impressive now I've grown up lol)

I think we drove through Wakefield (I think). Is it anywhere near Brighouse. I know we stayed there on the last day before getting a train. I didn't see ruins though, that would have been cool.

But whatever you do have plenty of fun :) and go back to New York with an English accent:thumbsup:

:lol:

I had great fun! But I'm very jet lagged now hehe.

Last edited:
London to Oxforshire to Nottinghamshire and up past Manchester and Yorkshire; I think... all I know is there were a lot of 'shires'

:lol: That gave me a good laugh :guffaw::guffaw:

I told you you'd need your hat but I'm glad you had a great time even though our weather isn't amazing! Fish and chips and a definate must if you visit Britain...in my opinion :D

We started south and moved north (I seem to do that a lot *stares at current location*. London to Oxforshire to Nottinghamshire and up past Manchester and Yorkshire; I think... all I know is there were a lot of 'shires'

:lol: Of all the shires, Yorkshire is definitely the best. OK, I may be a little biased... :p ;)

I think we drove through Wakefield (I think). Is it anywhere near Brighouse. I know we stayed there on the last day before getting a train. I didn't see ruins though, that would have been cool.

Wakefield is probably about 20 miles away from Brighouse.

I'm glad you enjoyed your time in England. :)

:lol: Of all the shires, Yorkshire is definitely the best. OK, I may be a little biased... :p ;)

Whatever you say Elsie :lol:

Because we were on about the weather, its gone nuts! Five minutes ago the sun was shinning but now its hailing :lol:

Who got snow the other day?

Who got snow the other day?

I live near Birmingham and we got a fair bit yesterday. But it's mad because Saturday was warm and then when i got up for work Sun morning i had to dig my car out of the snow :lol: I hate how unpredictable the weather is. Was it bad by you?

I live about an hour away from birmingham ;)

I had heard that it might snow but it still surprised me when I looked out of the window at around 11 and it was snowing :lol: I woke up Sunday and it was about half a foot deep in places but I just went back bed for an hour :lol:

It snowing where I was but not too much....My dad was going on about say that it was forcast to snow but I thought snow?! in April?! Never?! I got proven wrong :eek: but like I said there wasn't enough to settle but I could still see frost on this morning on this hilltop...I don't know th exact time it started snowing here the other day probably sometime in the afternoon around 12...

Ah sorry im a bit late in replying...

Snow in April, is this global warming and global cooling in effect or is it just a freakiness of living in England. Less than one week later, it was sunny outside.... Go figure!

Today [in Northern Ireland] it's been the nicest day of the year so far, it's been about 12 degrees celcius and sunny all day, it's been a nice change from the cold weather we've been having for the past week or so, lets hope it stays like this...

Today was lovely and sunny in London! Met a couple of friends from this board there, and had a great time ambling around in the sunshine, especially in a couple of the parks :) Unfortunately they forecast rain for tomorrow though :( Typical British weather - unpredictable!

Wakefield is probably about 20 miles away from Brighouse.

I'm glad you enjoyed your time in England. :)

I really did, thanks :D. I liked Yorkshire a lot. It's such a beautiful place. I have the opportunity to travel as part of my course. I'd love to go back to England but I think it's a little far, even for a traveler like me.

There are a lot of 'shires' in England, I don't know how you guys remember which ones where?! I got so confused trying to tell cab.. sorry, taxi drivers where to go. :wtf:

Snow in April, is this global warming and global cooling in effect or is it just a freakiness of living in England. Less than one week later, it was sunny outside.... Go figure!

I love snow!

And there's no such things as global warming. It's called summer. Heh, I had a major argument with a geography student I know...

Ahh, but i believe in Global warming and Global cooling...

Wow I'd love to meet other CSI fans from England especially london area... Anyone fancy that????? Wish there was a CSI convention in London, how cool would that be???

Talking about weather, it was so stupid today. One minute I was driving and it was absolutely chucking it down with rain, couldn't see. The next minute it was sunny, I get home and it sounds like thunder, then it's sunny then it rains. ergh...

Ahh, but i believe in Global warming and Global cooling...

Wow I'd love to meet other CSI fans from England especially london area... Anyone fancy that????? Wish there was a CSI convention in London, how cool would that be???

I know exactly what you mean. I have my fingers crossed that a convention will eventually happen. Here's hoping Mr Szmanda attends!

I don't live in the London area but it would be cool to meet fellow Brit CSI freaks. At least I could have a conversation with someone who knew what I was talking about ;)

Back