The British and Irish Thread

Thats the main reason i turned back.... my jeans just got soaked i thought i still got another hour of my trip left i aint sitting on a train with wet jeans.

Its the cars which get me they go straight through the puddles and catch me.

Yeah it went clear skies for a while here i was like typical i didn't go in but then as i said that it started to rain again. I'm in the south east

My friend had the great idea to drive over to Clacton today, so I insanely said yes and we're bombing down the M11 just ouside our town and she pulls over because it's raining too hard and starts yelling at me for agreeing to go. Haha, it cleared up though and we made it down in the end. Then it started raining again so we took refuge in her nans caravan (I don't like caravans at the best of times but it was rocking with the wind and it freaked me out :()

Ahh British weather :eek:

The weather is doing my head in. I went out in town last night for student night and i nearly took off the wind was so bad, and my trains have been delayed the last few days, all because of the wind and rain...

Well I supose I could be called British or Irish..? I'm from Northern Ireland, and therefore consider myself to be British, but after all, Northern Ireland is in the island of Ireland, and you could therefore call me Irish... :lol: I'm a confusing one, aren't I?

The weather is doing my head in. I went out in town last night for student night and i nearly took off the wind was so bad, and my trains have been delayed the last few days, all because of the wind and rain...

That happened to me today, me and my friend were standing and just talking when I fell backwards because of the wind nearly falling on my a$$ :guffaw:

He just caught me in time!

10gfu6o.jpg

Happy St Patrick's Day to all you Irish/Northern Irish people, or even those who just wanna be Irish... :lol:

HAPPY PADDYS DAY EVERYONE!!!!! Even though they decided to celebrate it on saturday which lets be honest is just an excuse to have an extra long pi$$ up!
Enjoy folks

Ah yes, happy St Patrick's day to those who celebrate it (which is pretty much everyone right? It's a day for everyone to celebrate their Irishness however small it may be, I'm an eighth Irish.) :lol: :D

My colleague has gone to New York to celebrate St Patrick's day, she's Irish and has gone with 12 members of her family. I'm quite jealous, I love New York and being there on St Patrick's would be awesome. :cool:

I love New York and being there on St Patrick's would be awesome. :cool:

It is a bit of rave ;)

I think I have a little Irish in me somewhere. Still, hope you all had a great day!

Also, I'll be going over to England next week. A little later then I'd anticipated, but I'm going nonetheless.

I'll be in London to start, then I'm heading north visiting places like Oxford, North-somewhere, Nottingham (for lectures :( ) then up to Manchester and the Lake District (which I hear is rather pretty). I'm going to try and get further North, but I'm not sure if I'll have the time.

I'm looking forward to my trip, and if anyone has any idea about places I should hit and/or stay away from, I'd love to hear it! :) I've not been since I was a kid.

Adorelo, don't forget your hat ;)

Ohhh will it be cold?? I'm a southern girl, I don't do cold very well. Even here. :(

I've always loved England. The countryside is so pretty, with all the grass and the hills. It's just the weather. I won't be able to cope!

But maybe it'll snow and I can build a snowman:cool:. It's been a while.

I'll have to check the weather reports.

The weather here is unpredictable to say the least!
Its cold and rainy at the moment where i am. well not rain but its close to rain. It rather windy to... you need a coat.

Brighton is amazing place but its further down south... i'm going to london sometime this week so happy its nice that only liek 1hr by train from london so its not that bad travelling up. Tate modern is a great place to go to love that place... and Harrods.

I'm sure you'll see some typical British rain, the weather sucks here at the minute. It's pretty cold, and often rainy, sometimes sunny, but not often, my advice for anyone coming to the UK, is pack your rain coat and umbrella... :lol:

Hey guys what are we saying...'dampening' our contry like this *great choice of words Nat*

A good old British trip isn't complete without our weather :D And I'm proud of it! Unless i'm stuck outside :lol:

Back