H/Cal #5 - DuCaine...Absence Makes The Heart Grow Fonder

I'm so dissapointed :(. I was hoping at least one scene together, but what did we get... Nothing once again. I think I'm done, seriously, I've been losing my mind since the last season, but I was always hoping the miracle, but I know now nothing's gonna happen.

Well, there has got to be something goin' on behind the scenes that's causing this, in my opinion

I'm agree with you, I've been thinking about it all this year, and I can't find other reason to it, however, what confuse the most is until March of this year the relation between Emily and David seemed OK, even she spoke about him in an interview, during the celebration of 100 CSI's Miami episodes, so I guess something big happened between them off screen during these 8 months, in order they don't share a scene anymore.
Maybe I'm not doing any sense on this, but this my explanation to the lack of Ducaine :(

Hey all (again ;) )

You know, I was on the edge of givin' up last night, but then I went to the episode review board and saw all these people finally recognizing what we've been calling attention to for the better part of a year now - No more H/C scenes...

I want to believe that the actors can get along and do their jobs, I want to believe that this is the writers trying to work around crazy schedules and pushing certain ships ... but I just can't say I can believe that now.

This whole "scheduling conflict" explanation is getting old, and you're right, horatiosangel - this is THEIR JOB. If my boss tells me I have to be somewhere, I'm there. And if two actors - the two LEADS, no less - can't work out their schedule to get in a scripted scene, quite frankly, they're not doing their jobs and they're hurting the show. It's not even like Cal is a secondary character - she's the second in command (although she didn't get a promotion like some might've been led to believe in "Rio" - she was only an acting lieutenant (temporary) while H was away, Corey Miller confirmed this).

So, where does this leave us? It leaves us hoping that now that everyone has seen what we've been seeing, TPTB will be forced to confront the issue. I want the truth. I want a real explanation, and I'd rather it come from the actors themselves than some producer. I'd like to hear David and Emily's takes on the fact that they NEVER work together anymore. If we could get an interview w/that, I think I could be at peace w/the whole thing.

Maybe DC and EP have noticed this lack of interaction, but the writers just aren't writing the scenes... I don't know. But I do know that, on my job, whether I like the person or not, I have to work with them and do my best. It's just being a mature adult.

Right now everything's still up in the air. Those who've watched the show from day one appreciate the H/C relationship, and I think the plummeting ratings are a sign that the show is going in the wrong direction.

No one likes nasty rumors going around, and maybe, if this gets big enough, one of the actors will clear the air. I've always adored both DC and EP, in terms of their acting abilities and their chemistry together. I'm just hoping this is some stupid script writing to push the "love triangle" gag-fest.

Please, somebody, clear the air!

Did you here go to Ask Ausselio or i cant spell his name so here it is

Question: Horatio and Calleigh, who used to work so well together, have had two scenes together, each less than a minute long, in the past 26 episodes of CSI: Miami. Can you please enlighten us exasperated fans as to what happened between David Caruso and Emily Procter, because we're not buying this "scheduling conflict" bulls--t anymore. — Nlieblievs
Ausiello: Two scenes in 26 episodes? Is that true? Wow. Let me get TV Guide's Research Department on it do some digging and get back to you. This has "killer blind item" written all over it!

^^^ I just posted that in the "stand your ground" thread, too!! IT IS their job, IF thats whats going on then thats bulls--it!! We shouldn't have to suffer because of it. I understand that H needs character development w/ the newbies also, but in this epi of all of them, he should have been there....its crap. Maybe its because of the e/c thing. God, don't even get me started on that, no offense to any multi-shippers but puhleeaazze...the most unnatural, pushed chemisrty Ive ever seen, in my opinion. Regardless of them trying to please e/c fans w/ this ridiculous, not even a real triangle, whatever you want to call it, teasing I call it cus it probably isn't even going to go anywhere..she likes Jake for god's sake! Besides all that, this was just pure stupidity that there was no scene. Horatio totally let me down, well TPTB did but it doesn't look good for H either, so, im just pissed.

I hear ya, mjszud - it's like DuCaine fans have to run for cover every time we mention the fact that H and Cal haven't interacted in 25 eps. Umm...that's a little absurd, no? I think we have a valid point.

Apparently we have to walk on eggshells w/certain shippers, or else we're gonna get called names. I admit this is really a low point for us right now - but you know what? Virtually every relationship TPTB have put on screen (on Miami or the other CSIs) has crumbled or ended badly, so I'm not losin' sleep over the direction of the show right now.

If certain shippers wanna gloat or put us down, fine. We can take it. But we know what's really going on w/H and Cal, don't we guys? ;) That's b/c we know what H and Cal have gone through together from DAY ONE. There's waayy too many episodes and scenes (scenes that were not forced, btw) to deny that these two care deeply for each other. The evidence doesn't lie.

BTW - Where the heck is Hcrazy to pick us up and brighten our day? I hope she didn't pass out from the lack of H/C interaction :( Hey Hcrazy- come back!! :)

Hey Everyone,

I am right here and I also joined in on the fun over at TV guide a few weeks back. :rolleyes: I did e-mail Ausicillo and I now see he is looking into the matter for us. But we still need to hold out hope!!! ;)

We do know where our H and C is... I do anyway! :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

Yes I was upset with that episode too but I don't think I would ever abandon my fav couple, No matter what!!! :mad: I love my H and C and we always have our FF to brighten our day too!!! :D :D :D We'll always keep them alive no matter what! :p

So hey guys lets hang on and see where TPTB take us... I think we are being tested and I also think that TPTB, are spreading out the two stars of the show. :D :D :D :D

I do hope they bring them back together for us soon but hey, no matter what we are DuCainers and we never say DIE!!! :rolleyes: NEVER, EVER :lol: :lol: :lol:

HCrazy is here!!! :D

Happy Thanksgiving to you all and I hope you all have a wonderful day! Um, I know H and C are spending it together :p :p :p :p

HCrazy out! :cool:

This I just noticed....the review for "stand your ground" came out & even the reviewer mentioned that it was odd that Horatio wasn't there to comfort Calleigh. I think its crazy that some are comparing this to lack of e/c in S4. I can name MANY epis where e/c still worked cases together. Maybe Eric wasn't where they wanted him to be w/ Cal but they still were in the same damn scenes. This is completely different, there are no scenes, nada, zip, 0! What I really don't understand is if its all about scedule conflict , then why does H have scenes w/ Ryan, Nat, Eric, Alexx, & Frank. And Calleigh have scenes w/ Ryan, Nat, Eric, Alexx, & Frank. If this was due to scheduling; wouldn't it interfere w/ others as well? I surely don't want to cause trouble between the actors themselves but the lack of their interaction on screen bothers me, not so much any more about them being "together: but its soooo out of character & thats what is really irritating! All we can hope for is that later we'll get some more scenes. A whole year of scedule confliction though...weird. :confused:

Hey! Good to hear from you, Hcrazy! Glad you're still hangin' in there with the rest of us.

OK - so I know we're all going through some serious "withdrawal" here, but who knows what's gonna happen, right? I mean the whole E/C - that came out of nowhere. While I agree that comparing Season 4's E/C scenes w/what's going on w/H/C now is ridiculous, I do think it's interesting that E/C was pretty much on the back burner two years ago and now it's at the forefront - things change quickly in Miami! So maybe that means there's still hope for us! :)

Yea, mjszud - I was saying the same thing about the schedules - there's no way that they're not on the set on the same day at least twice a week. They're working with the same actors on the same sets - it's just unbelievable at this point.

Also, I would never compare the "lack" of E/C scenes in Season 4 with what we're going through, but I didn't want to start a "shipper" battle on the episode thread. Bottom line is Eric and Cal had tons of scenes together in Season 4 - maybe E/C fans didn't like them, but they had them. (I thought it was weird how stand-offish Cal was in "Rampage" when Eric found out his sister was dead, but at least she was there for him ... Which is more than I can say for H right now and his relationship (or lack thereof) with Cal).

Hopefully somebody will tactfully address this issue - it's getting crazy and unbelievable not to have these two in scenes together. Cal is Horatio's ROCK - without her, the lab falls apart.

Cal almost dies, yet H's focus and concern is on yet another troubled youth? Give me a break. She's been by his side for 12 years - can you imagine what losing her would do to H? (Ah, another fanfic challenge ... ;) )

Anyway, you can't deny the past these two have, or the chemistry. And finally other people are starting to notice how out-of-character this is getting. TPTB: Bring back DuCaine!

H has been very withdrawn since Marisol's death. He's pulled away from everyone. But he's still Cal's knight in shining armor. The same guy who saved her from the leeches, the guy who stood up for her against Hagen, the guy who could barely contain his emotions when he found her sitting on the bank of the canal when she was run off the road. I believe this dry spell will pass soon. I think TPTB just want to totally focus on Eric/Cal/Jake right now. That's enough drama. Also C and H are both strong main characters so it makes sense to have them be the leads in their own scenes. The writers won't be able to ignore the fan flare-up over their ignoring of H and C's relationship for much longer. I am expecting us to be graced with a beautiful sweet scene with the both of them before the season is over.

Oh and another thing....the fact that H didn't confront Cal about the "drinking issue" tells me that he trusts her so much he didn't feel the need. H is not a snuggler. He's a private quiet man. He shows his love by his actions. He was the first one working the crime scene, he told Ryan to find everything he could, he stood up for her to Stetler. That's how he shows his love and loyalty...with his support, hard work, and trust.

That is a good point, PENDY, though I still wished for one simple scene :(. The writers badly need to take their focus elsewhere in my POV. The team seems seperated right now. Thier never in groups, always just 2 characters at a time. H is so tied up w/ revenge & his son; Calleigh is in freaking la-la land, Nearly brain dead Eric is completely lost; Natalia hasn't taken off her lab coat in damn near a year, & Ryan seems to be just floating around. What happened to them being a REAL TEAM? Its really sad, & in my opinion boring as hell!!

CHEERS to Ducaine....in a perfect world they'll walk off into that Miami sun, hand in hand at the end!

I guess I'd be more accepting of the whole EC thing if Horatio was in the mix - at least still present in Cal's life and showing he stilled cared. Right now, they could be on two completely different shows and no one would notice.

Ok...I've read the posts about the lack of H/C, and the "forced" ships. I speak as a person that ships more than one CSI:M couple...H/C, E/C, and S/C. Yes...Calleigh with every male but Ryan. I'm sorry, but your statement above makes it seem like the only reason you see E/C as "forced" is that there is no interaction between Horatio and Calleigh, even as a just a caring friend. That isn't fair to the show or to the E/C ship, or to DC and EP. Yes it stinks to high heaven that there is no interaction between them, none of the banter and camaraderie that was there for the first 2 and a half seasons...but it shouldn't take away from the Eric & Calleigh relationship. If you're truely being objective about it, then the lack of interaction between Horatio & Cal should not make a difference in how you feel about Eric & Cal.

I completely agree that the Horatio & Marisol relationship was completely forced and fell very flat. For the love of all that is holy, he only kissed her on her cheek...and if I'm not mistaken he only held her once, and that was just her forearm he held onto. And he married her! But I certainly do NOT see Eric & Calleigh as forced. Far from it. They've been friends for years, have always had a really good relationship, she was there when he was in the hospital, came very close to crying then, helped him when he went back to work, came damn close to tears again when she noticed a big mistake he made, they've had more close moments (the glass shard scene, twice she's told him she trusts him with her life, etc)...so it's very natural to believe that the two of them could be falling in love.

If you really don't like the E/C relationship, that's fine, but it's hard to believe you're being objective about it when you say that you might have accepted it if Horatio were in the mix.

Whoa, okay, you guys wanna debate, please take it over to the Miami debate thread. The DuCaine thread here is to talk about the ship, not why you don't like other ships for breaking up your ship, etc.

And this:

miamirocks said:
It's bad enough that we're having all these "forced" ships shoved down our throat (seriously, it's getting nauseating), but coupled w/the fact that H and Cal don't interact anymore, it's just too much for a DuCaine fan to take.

This is walking a very fine line on ship bashing. What may be nauseating to you is something good to somebody else, so please refrain from stating such things as other ships making you feel nauseated, etc. You wouldn't like it either if someone said the same about your ship, would you?

I apologize - that post was probably out of control - I was just upset w/some of the things that were said. I've taken it down b/c I don't mean to upset any other shippers, I was just replying to comments that were made.

You wouldn't like it either if someone said the same about your ship, would you?

I don't mean any disrespect by this, but I've seen that on these message boards all the time - people talking about how they don't like Jake and Cal, or Eric and Nat or whatever, for example. (And yea, I've seen some talk trash on other threads about H/C too) I was just trying to defend my previous post - Jennifer asked why I couldn't "respect" the E/C ship and I responded. Maybe I'm just a little touchy right now b/c I don't like the direction of the show, but it seems sometimes there's a double-standard here. I'm not a ship basher, I'm just frustrated and was responding to someone's assessment of what I'd said.

I'll try to be more selective next time, but it ticks me off when someone tells me I should "respect" another ship (in the DuCaine thread) when others can't even "respect" the outlandishness of H and Cal not interacting for 26 episodes. It seems like DuCaine has become the red-headed step-child around here .... :rolleyes:

Back