Eric/Calleigh #27: Coffee Tastes Better With A Little Cubano

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by midnight_tiptoes, Oct 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hiphugaholic

hiphugaholic Rookie

Re: Eric/Calleigh #27: Coffee Tastes Better With A Little Cu

I don't have a problem running over H or having something drastic happen to him...Maybe he'll go paralyze and work at the lab again for a change. Then he can leave his sunnies at home. Or he can just stay at home. Whatever. I really don't care for him. Just glad we're going canon by the end of the season :D

2. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

If there is an end of the season! The writer's strike is officially on and if it lasts too long all shows will shortened...which means come december (if the strike isn't resolved) we will be watching reruns for a while and some of the stories we were supposed to get might not be seen this season b/c of a shortened season. In other words, instead of getting 24 eps this season, b/c of the strike we may only get like 18 or 20 (that is speculation on my part...just trying to get my point across).

3. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

"Going canon at the end of the season" :)
    Has such a nice ring to it, don't you think? :D

H has gotten way too much screen time. Yet I'm afraid that with the whole Kyle storyline he's gonna get even more. Although EC did take some away from him at BBYD so that was surprising and lets us know just how important the EC storyline is. :D

4. hiphugaholic

hiphugaholic Rookie

Ugh! Oh please don't let it be! If they're gonna shortened this season (and I don't mind having reruns of ep 6 and possibly ep 9) I do hope that they dump the episodes that has too much H on it and keep the ones that has a lot of EC! Hopefully the strike doesn't last long. Really, of all the seasons why this one?! If this last long they better give us a damn good bed scene!

5. adorelo

adorelo CSI Level Two

Bah! Silly writers, what do they want this time? More money? They'll get it, all the money these shows will lose. It wont last long. 'Least I hope not.

I don't want anything major to happen to H, just enough to get him off screen for 5 minuets. Like, maybe give someone else a chance to be on camera. I've forgotten what Alexx and Valera look like.

E/C is gona be great this season. I think the writers will take it seriously (when they get beck of their strike).

Wooh, 'canon' - Love that word!

6. somethingsdont

somethingsdont Lab Technician

(Okay, upon reviewing my post, oh my God, I'm going to get kicked off for going off-topic all the time.)

I'm with the writers, though. They don't get nearly enough credit (aka money) for all they do. They're the foundation of every TV show, every movie. Yes, the producers have to oversee the operation, the directors have to direct well and the actors have to act well, as well as choreographers, composers, even marketers who have to know what they're doing, but without the scripts, there would be no TV shows/movies at all.

We have the tendency to criticize whichever group is starting the strike, because it seems all too simple to say, "Hey, they started it!" but really, the writers deserve better. I guess I can sympathize with them more because comparing life to the film production world, I see myself in that background position most and it's always the people behind the scenes pulling the strings who are forgotten. I complain about the Miami writers all the time, but when push comes to shove, I respect them for having gotten to where they are. And they do have talent. Who is to say their talent is worth less than that of actors/actresses? Directors? Producers? The big guys in suits who own the networks?

The writers in this case are the underdogs against the huge monster that is the AMPTP. Everyone's going on about how much money the networks are going to lose. Do you really think the writers are going to come out of this unscathed? I don't. I think they'll sign a mediocre contract that, by the time it expires, they'll again be severely underrepresented and underpaid.

ANYWAY.

Yes to Horatio being kicked off the show but no to Calleigh being boss. Yeah, she'd be kick ass but then it'd be weird because Calleigh would be Eric's boss? I don't know, it just doesn't sit well with me.

7. adorelo

adorelo CSI Level Two

No, with me either. There are too many 'date the boss' type situations (Sam/Jack on without a trace) we don't need another one.

Oh, believe me I knwo how hard it is to write a script. And how those guys write enough for an episode every week? Well, I have no clue. I fell apart with my collage script! I have the upmost respect for them.

But it is annoying that everyone in this day seems to want more money. Not just writers, but with all the postal strikes. But I suppose it's the best way to get people to listen to them. See me? I'd just give them the money.

As for Timmy.... how cute!!? Like a memorial to Speed, a constand little ray of his presence everyday. Bless, I like that idea. As for a girl? No Idea. Isoballa is cute.

8. switch_to_nights

switch_to_nights Victim

I really hope they can complete most of the season though, cos somthing major between E/C is bound to happen this season and it'll probably be the finale knowing our luck! :(

I do agree with the writers however, they've been writing for the shows for a good many years now, (8 for las vegas) and they dont get payed nearlly enough for the scripts.

9. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Miami is the most watched show on the planet and the writers have everything to do with that. Sure the actors, producers, and other crew play a part but if the stories that are told and things that the actors get to work with is b/c the writers minds are working. So they deserve whatever it is they are looking for. Once these networks and other interested parties start losing millions a day b/c of this strike, they will come around. I would rather pay someone the millions than watch it get flushed down the toilet.

E/C's kids names...hmmm. I like Isabella. Amanda, Emma, Marissa, Holly are all girls name I could picture. As for boys...Anthony, Jorge, Julian.

As for how much of the season we will see....as of right now I think we will see up to episode 612 which will probably air in december and then if the strike is not resolved by then, we will be seeing reruns for probably most of, if not the rest of the season.

10. switch_to_nights

switch_to_nights Victim

E/C kiddies names....mmmmm... well i'd say Marisol after his sister, Isabella, Miranda and Poppy for girl names

for boy names Dominic, Marco and Danny comes to mind

11. alwayswrite05

alwayswrite05 Lab Technician

More often than not, the demands of the guilds and unions are reasonable. It's really not fair that other people get the lions share of the profits when, as already stated, without scripts there would be nothing to produce, actor in, direct, etc. On the news yesterday, they said that the major issue was royalties from the internet, DVDs, and other digital mediums and there’s nothing wrong with wanting a fair share of something you helped create. If I were in their position, with the boom in all things digital I’d want a bigger piece of the pie too. There’s more than enough to go around.

Back to EC though, I think the Supervisor-subordinate relationship is cliché. Unless the writers could think up a spectacular spin on the idea, it’d be a little trite. And I can’t think of anything that would make me go “Hey that’s different.” But I’m all for throwing Horatio under a bus, or better yet one of the Hummers. They could replace him with an ASL trained chimp and I’d be happy.

As for baby names, I do like Timothy for a boy. It'd be a nice homage to Speed. For girls I'd think they'd go with something unique or maybe something with a Southern feel.

12. brookeAp3

brookeAp3 Rookie

You guys fly through posts!!! I don't come here for like two days and you're already at page 6!! we'll be at 28 before the 19th for sure!

As for E/C babies i think Emma would be a perfect name, but i can see them naming her Marisol after Eric's sister. Not sure on boy names though. Boy or girl they will be beautiful!!! and they need to get started on it right away!! :devil: :D

13. FluffyBlonde

FluffyBlonde Witness

Although I agree getting rid of Horatio for two minutes would be monumental, I don't think throwing him under some form of transportation is the way to go. I mean, think of the mess... Some poor sod would have to clear it up! Scraping Horatios sunglasses off the sidewalk would be a fete in itself!

I like Holly for a girl ... and Marisol would be a nice tribute to Eric sister. But i'm one of those people who like odd names ... so ... Isabo, Elora, Matilda, Martine (Marty for short), Lamorna, Guinevere, Persephone, Phearsephae, and my personal favourite, Marcella (Marcie for short).

I am aware I am very odd.

Drommie

XOXOXOX

14. GillianSGrissom

GillianSGrissom Witness

All this Calleigh being pregnant is just hypothetical, right? Or is there a spoiler i missed? I MUST KNOW!!!

Can't wait til the 19th!

15. midnight_tiptoes

midnight_tiptoes Head of the Day Shift

Marisol is a really trashy name in Latin America. I think E/C would have more class than that. Maybe, as was previously stated, Mariana or Marina to get the 'Mari' nickname. But my favorite is still Eva (pronounced eh-vah). Simple, ethnic, and to the point. I think Eric and Cal would prefer that, for some reason.

Hopefully the writers will get what they want, and SOON. This situation is really stressing me out, since it affects the entire Hollywood community from the writers to the actors to the janitors. No work = BEING PO'! And being poor sucks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.