Louise Lombard/Sofia Curtis

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by CSILevel1, Mar 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WP_Rocks_MY_World

WP_Rocks_MY_World CSI Level Three

Re: Sofia Curtis

Kaye thank you for posting those lovely photos! [​IMG]

-----------------------
    [​IMG]

2. MBGrissom

MBGrissom Pathologist

Kaye, thanks for the photos, they're lovely! Although I think it would be impossible for LL to take a bad photo. She's a naturally beautiful woman.

I agree with whomever said earlier that one of the reasons so many folks have an enduring hatred for Sofia is that unlike characters like Lady H. and Terri Miller, Sofia probably isn't going away anywhere, too soon. I daresay she's here permanently for S6, and quite possibly will also be joining us for s7, too (crossing fingers that she does). Poor woman gets it double barrels, on some boards I've seen: hatred from some of the GSR folks and hatred from some (although not nearly as bad) Grillows. Sheesh, she's not the one who asked Griss to dinner, he asked her! Why wasn't there more outcry against Griss? Yes, she chit chatted with him in his office a few times last season - and I didn't see him shying away or kicking her out, and one could posit that it was by his invitation. She didn't ask for him to become so enamored enough of her on their very first meeting, that he tried out her method of clearing a crime scene, he did that on his own. Funny how the bad feelings are usually (not always, but very often) directed towards the woman, in those situations. I don't see Grissom catching nearly as much flack for participating 100% in all their interludes as much as Sofia catches it. Definitely a little misogyny going on, LOL...

3. faceoff

faceoff Witness

Er - it is only a character in a TV show. Did even Eckley get such grief just for being there? I think Sofia Curtis has depths - I just watched a re-run of the show when the Sofia character reveals to Brass an interesting story about her past love life and a motorcar - involving her and a boyfriend facing each other and going for "a ride". This girl is NOT shy and retiring is she? Bless. The mental image conjured up meant I missed at least the next two lines of dialogue. But am I bovvered? Look at her face. Am I bovvered? :lol:

4. WP_Rocks_MY_World

Nicely put MBGrissom.

I don't take any of these shows soooo seriously. But I am thankful that there are so many wonderful actors and actresses that entertain us.

-----------------------------
    [​IMG]

5. Tazzer

Tazzer CSI Level Two

Yep I noticed Kaye, it could be the director giving direction or just her. I've noticed other women with long hair doing the same thing. Ya'know all that hair gets heavy and I was expecting to see her come back with short hair after the baby. I've been told many new moms cut their hair to keep baby from pulling on it.

She has another quirk with her mouth, but I'd have to go watch a show to be able to describe it. I'll get back to you guys on that one.

6. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Louise is a good actress. I'm just not sure where her character fits in yet. But I'm sure I'll figure it out soon. Just takes time for the old brain to kick in.

I love her accent though. It's pretty cool.

7. Lauren93

Lauren93 Witness

Yea I like her, I think her and Grissom could have somthing going on, I wouldn't really mind that.

8. Athena

Athena CSI Level One

I can really see Gophia happening. There's no denying the chemistry there. Louise is a great actress and Sophia is such a witty character I'd hate to see something happen to her. They give her some of the best lines and I love the banters she has.

Personally I think Sophia and Vartann would make a good pairing too.

eta- spoiler

If, goddess forbid, something does happen in the up coming episode to her maybe we can hope that the people at the network are smart and create a Det. Curtis spin off?! Squee! That would be so cool and she could carry her own show, no problem.

9. WP_Rocks_MY_World

I didn't even notice Sophia had a lot of screen time in Unbearable.

Duh, :eek: I forgot about Gil's line "Let's have dinner, shall we?" in this eppy. :)

-----------------------------
    [​IMG]

10. MBGrissom

MBGrissom Pathologist

:D Forgot the infamous "Let's have dinner...shall we?" line? Lordy Lordy, I would guess that's one of the reasons the writers named the eppy "Unbearable", is because that particular line was "unbearable" to some people! :lol: Not me, of course, I thought it rocked!

11. Tazzer

Tazzer CSI Level Two

Speaking of Unbearable, I find it amusing that the bear zoo keeper from that show is now a lab tech.

Oops, I blinked last night and missed Sofia, damn. Had to rewind the Tivo at least 10 times to be able to catch her fleeting image.

12. Barbarella

Barbarella Lab Technician

She's probably occupied with filming the upcoming ep though. And at least her scene last night was really cute. :D

13. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

As someone mentioned above, I think Miss Lombard is doing a very good job, I just don't happen to like her character.

I'm not here to flame, I'll just say that I've suspected for some time now that Sofia is being brought on only as a catalyst since Ecklie's reign is getting a little old. I just wish they would use her for more than Sara/Grissom tension or workplace tension and give us some backstory. Perhaps if we knew more about Sofia...

14. CSI_Grissom

CSI_Grissom Lab Technician

I like her as a cop more than a CSI, i have never liked her character much, but she does a great job, not to sound shippy here, but i like the way that she creates tension between GSR, i always thought that she would drive them apart, but maybe in the end she will bring them together. I loved the scene in secrets and flies, where sophia walks up and asks for grissom and i think sara answers that he is in the house and then sara gives her kinda of a side glance, it was only for a second, but it was so funny if you caught it. I am a little SPOILERS (I THINK)

scared for the upcoming episode, like i said before i have never liked her much, but hope nothing happens to her.

15. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

I caught the catty look from Sara, even though it was minor. In a way they tortured Gofias and GSRs in that episode - cattiness from Sara, hardly any GSR interaction, and the Gofia action happened for 5 seconds and was pretty icy.

As for Sofia... I don't know... Ecklie's dramatic tension works, I just don't feel that hers' does and only because I find her unncessary.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.