Episode #524 'Born To Kill' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

This episode was a total let down, when I saw it was Jake who was hurt, I thought he was going to die. That was what the promo I saw seemed to say.

This thing with no near death Horatio and no injured Calleigh was pissing me off. After every commercial I was on the edge of my seat, ready for on of them to be attacked.

Then Calleigh and Jake kissed, that pissed me off, honestly I really don't like Jake. He's a jerk and he already hurt Calleigh.

All in all, I'm really ready to scream at the writers. :mad:

JusticeisServed said:
Yeah, the preview was a total false advertisement. :(

Oh I agree it really looked like they where setting up things for Calleigh to be a potential victim.

Though I have to say all in all I enjoyed this episode. I do have say that this season was way better than last season.

I was totally confused by the Calleigh/Jake kiss. I think the car accident helped Jake realize how important Calleigh was to him. So yay. :D

And I felt sorry for Ryan Stetler is being a jack-ass! As usual. :rolleyes:

Now I can't believe that the season is now over. And by weeks end CSI: NY & CSI will also be done for the season.

Speedslady said:

Oh I agree it really looked like they where setting up things for Calleigh to be a potential victim.

Though I have to say all in all I enjoyed this episode. I do have say that this season was way better than last season.

I was totally confused by the Calleigh/Jake kiss. I think the car accident helped Jake realize how important Calleigh was to him. So yay. :D

And I felt sorry for Ryan Stetler is being a jack-ass! As usual. :rolleyes:

Now I can't believe that the season is now over. And by weeks end CSI: NY & CSI will also be done for the season.

Meh, the episode could have been worse. But oh, man! CSI:Ny and CSI: are gonna be CRAZY! XD

HoratioandYelina said:
when I saw it was Jake who was hurt, I thought he was going to die.
Same here, judging from the promo!

I didn't mind the episode, but I didn't like the end and how they left things with Calliegh and Delko. I like Jake and Johnny as an actor and I'm happy it looks like he's sticking around for a while, but I'd much rather see her with Eric.

Quick question/thought- shouldn't they have taken the blonde guy's knife from him/checked him for weapons before the interrogations?! Uh, safety hazzard?

Yay for Ryan redeeming himself slightly :)

Yeah I wasn't surprised that the finale wasn't as good...the promo "Next Time On CSI:Miami" clips ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS make the episode look 10x better.

We didn't really get to see where the character's relations left off, with the exception of Jake, Calleigh, and Eric. I just thought it sucked for Eric seeing Jake kiss Calleigh when Calleigh told him (Eric) she trusted him with her life. Eric almost had tears in his eyes.

Gosh dang it, now I can't wait unitl Season 6 starts! =(

Anyone know when it will? September maybe?

ThisIsMe said:

Quick question/thought- shouldn't they have taken the blonde guy's knife from him/checked him for weapons before the interrogations?! Uh, safety hazzard?

Yay for Ryan redeeming himself slightly :)

Dude! That's what I thought when I was watching. You would think they'd check...

I actually liked this episode, but it certainly didn't have the usual feel of a season finale. Mercifully they didn't have a cheesy one liner for H. I thought Calleigh was being rather b$@%@y with Eric when they were out with the metal detector. Hello! She brought it on herself the way she treated Eric and then to be snotty about it like she did just irked me tremendously, then when she kissed Jake right where Eric could see, erg, I wanted to reach through my screen and smack her! Poor Ryan - every time he got caught up, Stetler would bring in more. Very nice of Natalia to come in and help him. I thought the scene at the end with H on the roof (his apartment building?) was him getting away from everything to clear his head. There was a brief flash of the girl originally killed that seemed to be a ghost haunting him, like somehow he was kicking himself for not doing something about something. And what was Frank doing at his desk looking mournful? Seemed weird.... Interesting way they brought the biker guy in, then out, then in again. I totally thought the brunette girl was going to be the victim when she left with the biker guy. All in all, I thought it was quite good. Now the long 4 month wait until September....

I was telling my husband before the start of CSI Miami tonight that I was all excited. I had been for the last week. I was even counting down the hours today. I thought for sure with the promo that something was going to happen to Calleigh. ITA with whoever said the promos were false advertising. I was really worried about Calleigh. Then I get this episode? :mad: :mad: I was just shaking my head at the end. I wouldn't even put it in the calibre of a season finale. I should have just taped it and hit the FF button. It would have been quicker.

I totally pegged the case so it was a yawn watching it. This is the best they could come up with for the season finale? :confused: :confused:

I will say when the van rolled and Jake was on the ground I was hoping he had been killed off. I couldn't stand his character in Going Under and later on in Internal Affairs when he went after Boa Vista and Valera. I don't like him. Would it be that big of a deal if he was killed off? That kiss with Calleigh at the end was uncalled for. He was just being a pompous..... Calleigh should have smacked him.

Figured there would be Calleigh and Delko stuff after Man Down. Still not sure what to make of them together. Not my cup of tea personally.

I guess I should say that there were a couple of things I liked. A very very short list :

Eric and that little girl was so cute. He needs to be shown with more kids.

Natalia and Ryan at the end I liked them togethr.

H with the little kid. I always enjoy those scenes.

H at the end on the roof looking over Miami. Predictable but I enjoyed it.

Overall: calibre of a regular episode but as a season finale, well it sucked.

I'm laughing my --- off at H and his sunglasses on the rooftop. But — what is WRONG with you people? You wanted to see CSIs hurt and bleeding? Do you like to pull the wings off bugs? How many of you have that extra Y chromosome?
Just kidding. Except I really am glad they didn't end with another CSI dead or injured. That is so cliché for a season-ender. I was going to puke if the plane crash thing was true, just for the sheer laziness of the writers to go that route.
While the finale lacked that life-and-death thrill (and the case was fairly lame), it did have good interactions, most of which have been mentioned above. I hope Calleigh gets involved with Jake of the Weird Lip, because honest to God, she looks like Eric's older sister, not his love interest. I always thought she was among the older and wiser
of the gang, more in the age group of H and Alexx than Eric, Ryan and Boa Vista.

I think you're right, goldnhart, about Calleigh being older than Eric. I remember a scene in the season one episode Grave Young Men where Eric was standing in the hall and Calleigh was in a room x-raying a section of that tree that boy Jeff Wilton had been shooting at. Eric wouldn't go in the room where Calleigh was cause there weren't anymore lead aprons for him to put on.
Eric: Calleigh. Were you here at CSI when Horatio's brother was killed?
Calleigh: Ray? Yeah. I was new. Keeping my head down. Why do you ask?
Eric: No reason. I just...I didn't realize his brother worked Narco.
And I bet in the first episode of season 5-Rio- even if Eric hadn't went to Brazil with Horatio, Calleigh would've still been the one in charge while Horatio was gone.

Decent regular ep, not good as a finale.

They show DID accomplish something however: made me feel sorry for a serial killer (his sister was REALLY despicable).

I got a question for you all: when the killer walked by his sister at the end, is it me or did he seem to be smirking a little? I think he's happy that she'll now be punished for something (serves her right IMO).

Wow.

Let. Down.

That sucked. What the hell was that? Did we write with this episode with a crayon and a bunch of monkeys? This wasn't season finale worthy, this was like an epis from the middle of the season.

Gawd. Someone needs to get to tPtB and let them know they need to stop leading us on and start writing soild, good episodes that actually excite us, that actually make sense and are at least somewhat interesting.

Megan = disappointed.

There were a couple of big scientific errors in last night's episode that kind of burned me up a bit:

1. Men that are XYY (have an extra Y chromosome) represent a larger proportion of the male prison population than the male population as a whole. While that doesn't mean that the genetic defect is predictor of crimnal behaviour, it is a fact nonetheless. This should have been mentioned.

2. Men that have XYY combos are STERILE. They don't produce any sperm due to this genetic defect. Yes, they can ejaculate and produce semen, but they can't produce sperm at all. In the episode, it was mentioned that someone matched the DNA from the seminal fluid to Lucas. But if there's no sperm in the seminal fluid, then there's NO DNA TO MATCH IT TO! Matching it to the fingernail scrapings made better sense.

This didn't feel like a season ender until those last few shots--Erik looking all angsty, Calleigh leaving with that Erik from "Head of the Class" look-alike weasel, Alexx putting the body away and looking haggard, Natalia and Ryan working through his cases, Frank at his desk looking haggard, and of course, H on top of the world, spinning helecopter shot, cue the shades...

Still, not every season needs to end with a cliffhanger... I think TPTB were reminding us that the job is tough, but there is everyone still doing what needs to be done...

Back