The Fury of Love - CatNip RP

He put a hand on her shoulder, wanting ot hug her but not wanting to tick off Nick in the process. "You've got to tell Nick...I know you said he's a little overprotective right now, but he should know where things really stand and so that either he or you can tell Brass what's going on. If this guy's still on the streets, the police need to be looking for him."

(I hope that works, my brain's in a cold-induced haze I think)

She closed her eyes as he spoke knowing he was right. At the same time wishing she could wish this all away. "I have to handle this, and I will," Catherine said firmly as she looked at Warrick. She shook her head in frustration before she continued on. "I'm a mere pawn to this lunatic. I'm not what he really wants. He's screwing with Nick, and for some reason I'm the bait." She swallowed hard to her confession. "How am I suppose to tell him I think I put the wrong guy in lock up?"

"Man, are you ok? I mean you dont seem your usual self." Nick shuddered, hands pulling from inside the hood, now greasy with oil and held himself at arms length from the bumper. He knew Greg was only trying to help, to be a good friend, but he felt himself close up, like an implosion.

"I don't know, Greggo. This whole case has messed me up. And I mean, I don't know if you've caught up with everything yet but, this guy, Neil Howard, was basically taunting me with Catherine, as if she were a piece of meat. He's been sending me letters, and I've found them in places that he shouldn't have been. First was the passenger seat of the Denali, second was in my locker at the lab, and then he attacked her and left a letter here! On Cath's doorstep! For Christ's sake, Greg, what does this guy want with me?! He detailed how he felt and what he did to her in the parking lot, all of which I stood with a gun, with no options. I couldn't shoot, because I could've hit her, and he could've killed her, and then I would have been at fault still. And then...then I had a dream. And I know we've got him in custody but, I can't help it. He's succeeded. I'm scared."

His head fell again, bowed and eyes closed as he felt himself trying to explain himself, the pressure of this entire thing building up around him. He needed to sit, he needed a drink, he needed someting to get his mind off of this Neil Howard guy. What Nick really wanted to do right now was to go proove that this Neil Howard guy was the murderer of the triple-homicide. They had a confession in the first letter, but that wouldn't get a conviction. Before he had taken Catherine home, he had put all of the evidence into testing and the pictures sent to be developed. He needed to make sure this guy was held in prision.

Nick picked up his head again and shook it, looking at Greg. "Sorry about all of this, it's just distracting." He let a small smile show and put his clean hand on Greg's shoulder. "And next time you want to ask me something, just do it. Or at least just say you need to talk to me and walk outside, because there's nothing wrong with anything under the hood."

"I'm sure he'll understand...people make mistakes sometimes, even us. It's really not hard to understand, as much as you've been through lately." He knew that eyewitness testimony was notoriously unreliable contrary to popular belief. "Even though we observe for a living, it's different, it's harder when you're on the other side of things. I know Nick's upset but he's scared too, and so am I. The whole team wants to know you're safe."

(I hope that works, I had trouble figuring out what to write)

Catherine patted Warrick's hand gently as she smiled softly at him. "I will tell him. I'm just dreading it. It's obvious this guy is already getting to him, and this is only going to make matters worse," she spoke softly as she rubbed at her neck absentmindedly. "I need a drink. You want one?" She asked as she wheeled Warrick into the kitchen. She brought down the vodka and poured it into a glass. She took a quick swig, and then refilled her glass as the liquor left a hot trail as it descended into her stomach. Rolling her head back, she allowed the alcohol to take away some of the edge from her body and mind.

Liquid courage is what she thought to herself as she waited for Warrick's answer. "Cause, you look like you need one yourself," she smiled before she took her second swig, and poured another small amount of liquor in her glass. "Even through all my days of exotic dancing, I never feared a man the way I do now. And, trust me I had my fair share of some nasty ones," she swallowed hard as her body began to slowly relax. "I'm tired, but I can't sleep. I shut my eyes and he's there--in my head taking over my mind," she whispered as she stared past Warrick obviously in a different world.

The sound of her cell phone alarm ringing brought her back to reality as she filled her glass with more vodka. She let out an odd laugh as she silenced her phone. "I set my alarm afraid I'd sleep more than I should, and I never fell asleep." She wrapped her own arms around her upper torso as the warm buzz slowly invaded her body.

He was a bit worried by her behavior; the drinking was a natural reaction many people would have but knowing what drunk people could get themselves into he just hoped she wouldn't do anything she'd regret later.

"Hope that wasn't important" he commented about the phone. He listened, saddened by what she said. "I've had cases that made it hard to sleep and gave me bad mental images but I can't begin to understand what you're going through. In a way it's good you've got Nick, he can understand given what he's been through."

He sighed. "I just wish I could help...I can't work and help catch the guy, I can't help protect you because I can't even protect myself in this condition. I feel so darn helpless" he said as he hit his fist on the chair arm.

{{Here I go.. wish me luck lol}}

Sara woke up from a nightmare, she looked around, her vision still blurred from the deep sleep, after a few blinks, her vision cleared, and after a few minutes of studying her surroundings, she remembered she was at Catherine's house. She raised up out of the bed, and leaned out the door, she heard voices, she creeped out the door and walked towards the stairs, and stopped, What The Hell? she thought, before sneaking off into the bathroom and closing the door. She leaned against the door, as if she was bracing it.. or herself. She took in a deep breathe, She looked in the mirror. "What the hell are you doing Sidle? Same dream again. When will it stop?" she turned the water on and washed her face, she smiled in the mirror, "There you go.." she looked at the door, "Wonder what everyone else is doing" she said as she opened the door and walked over to the stairs again.

Sorry i have to welcome CathStokes in guys! She is playing back up for Sara.

And I must say I love seeing another catnip person in this rp! Rock on!!!!

You did wonderfully!!! Now will someone post again so I can post for Catherine!!!! :lol:

I posted already...right above Lynn's first post.

*tacklehugs Lynn* hey, even if we can't do our usual type of RPing here, it's nice to have you :) (oh and MINE)

I'm just stopping in to say good luck CathStokes with playing Sara. I'll be back soon guys, but have fun with her until then! But don't love her too much, I'll have to take her back! :p

"Gaw...I'm sorry Rick," she said softly as she stared down at him. She moistened her lips as she tried to continue talking. "I...I...," she whispered as she looked away from him. "I'm an idiot. Your marriage is on the rocks, you are in a wheel chair, you have no home, and here I am rambling on and on about how I screwed up my own investigation by identifying the wrong man," Catherine gushed as her words nearly ran into one another. "What if I'm wrong? I'm so damn confused," she winced as she shut her eyes. "DAMN...I'm doing it again," the frustration was obvious in her voice as she took a deep breath to try and relax her stressed muscles as she set her glass in the sink. She knew alcohol was the last thing she needed.

Sara moved back after she heard Catherine say she identified the wrong man. She was confused, they were so sure they put away the right man and now Catherine thinks she didn't. She was more worried on if Nick knew.

Sara softly leaned back down to eavesdrop. Okay so she was eavesdropping. So what.

"Well, I'd rather be depressed with someone like you than alone somewhere in a motel depressed" he replied. He got serious though when she went back to the case. "It's extremely confusing though. If you're wrong we need to catch the real creep before he hurts you...but I worry about telling and letting the real guy loose if it is him." He sighed, no more sure of what to do than she was.

"If you're wrong we need to catch the real creep before he hurts you...but I worry about telling and letting the real guy loose if it is him." Catherinee heard the obvious confusion in Warrick's voice, which only intensified her doubts. She stared at him wondering if she made a mistake by telling him in the first place. She shook her head in slight denial before she spoke. "Rick...I think its best if we keep this between us. For right now. I will tell Nick soon, but swear to me...that you will let me do it," she stopped suddenly as she realized Sara was in her house too. She looked around, but it seemed she was still asleep. She took a deep breath before she continued on. "Just I need some time to think. Please allow me that," she whispered as she wrapped her arms around her body. She already knew Neil was not the right guy, but she was afraid she was making a brash decision.

She looked at Warrick who had opened his mouth to object her. "Rick...no I...just let me be sure first. He's not going to get to me with all these people around me," she lowered her voice as she looked down. The stress of her own case was beginning to eat at her as she thought about telling Sara. It would eventually come to that point, and she was worried that Sara would take it a bit personally. She was the one that collected the evidence from her body. Knowing Sara and her anal tendencies, she would probably try to rerun the results before allowing anything brash to happen.

Back