Louise Lombard/Sofia Curtis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Sofia Curtis

You know, I was thinking about what TruSidle said about not liking Sofia because they haven't shown enough of her & her background yet for her to get to know her enough to like her. That might prove to be a rather interesting conundrum. Fans can't get to know her enough to like her without finding out more about her, yet if she gets more screen time so we can get to know her better, some fans will hate her because she's getting "too much" screen time. Hmmmm...

TruSidle, I'm not singling you out here, LOL, it's just that what you said about not knowing her enough made me think about that. And some folks hate her because they claim she's a "useless character", but if she is further integrated into the show and can no longer feasibly be considered "useless", she will be hated even more by some folks, once again. I guess you just can't win 'em all, eh? But that's the beauty of CSI. The cases are laid out for us cut & dry with not much room for interpretation (although we can feel different emotions over them) but CSI writers allow us the freedom to interpret the characters as we see fit. There is no "right or wrong" with how we feel about any given character, it's simply our individual interpretations. Some think Sara is perfect, and personally I never cared for her. Others despise Sofia, I loved her from her very first scene. As long as folks are clear that their feelings about a character are simply their own opinions only, I'm cool with that. But when you go a step further and try to represent your individual opinion as a fact, i.e. "Sofia sucks, everyone thinks so, and true CSI fans don't like her", then that, IMO, crosses the line, and I hate to see what could be a good discussion about how/why we see characters differently disintegrate into good old fashioned bashing.

Sorry I strayed from my original topic! I guess I'm in a rambling mood, today! *blushes*

MBGrissom nicely put thank you and the rambling that makes sense, is currently allowed. :D

Thanks Destiny! I posted for the first time in the Sara thread tonight, and I'll say here what I said there. There are similarities between Sara/Sofia, i.e. both women being natural beauties, etc. Actually, in real life, they should both get along very well. Why the hatred over these two intelligent, kick-ass women? Personally, I think that the fans are getting more emotional than the writers ever intended for them to be. I'm seriously bummed out by the "Sara Sucks/Sofia Sucks" thingie. If I, a total non-Sara fan, can admit that she can kick ass and is great in many scenes, than why can't someome who has a knee-jerk hatred reaction to Sofia admit the same thing? These are both strong, intelligent women, something that we have a real lack of in TV/mowies today. We women should consider them *both* great role models, and quit finding things that we hate about them. If we find something reprihensable about either character, then we need to be contacting the writers, not arguing amongst ourselves.

Amen MBGrissom!
clapsmiley.gif

Sophia had mention her mother being Captain so was her dad also in Law Enforcement?
-------------------------------

grissomgrissom_banner.jpg

That's a good question, WP_Rocks_MY_World. If both of her parents were big time law enforcement people, then she and Nick would have a lot in common. Perhaps she, like Nick, left her family name behind and found a home in Vegas before being plucked out of the force and being put into the lab? *shrugs* If so... then I really wish she and Nick would interact!

I mean, they had a scene together in "Room Service", but they didn't interact, y'know? I do not think that they have ever had a conversation, unless my memory is wrong. It's sad to think of two... my two favorite characters don't even know that the other exists... sigh.

Also, before I forget--lovely way of putting it, MBGrissom. I think all three women on the show just rock my socks, so I see their faults just as easily as I see their good sides, but I know exactly what you are talking about!

Testing the waters here to see if it is peaceful here again.

MBG, we can always count on you for a really good, thoughtful post. Way to go! Keep them coming.

Yep, Nick & Sofia just did their job on that case and I'm glad she didn't tease him about his terrible experience from Grave Danger. They had a good laugh with that thief and all his hotel room cards, I love to see that kind of teamwork.

60219.jpg

You know, I was thinking about what TruSidle said about not liking Sofia because they haven't shown enough of her & her background yet for her to get to know her enough to like her. That might prove to be a rather interesting conundrum. Fans can't get to know her enough to like her without finding out more about her, yet if she gets more screen time so we can get to know her better, some fans will hate her because she's getting "too much" screen time. Hmmmm...

My problem with Sofia is that she was simply dropped into the show and in a fairly large role in her first appearance. Others, like Doc Robbins, Greg, Hodges, some of the other techs, have had to work their way up from very small bit parts into what they have now.

However, I agree with what you're saying. We'd probably like Sofia more if we saw more of her and learned something of her background. But I'm still waiting for that to happen with Greg, and so far it hasn't. Now we have Sofia as a recurring regular, and in order to give her that screen time, TPTB sacrifice Greg's role--he's about one step up from a walk-on.

I guess TPTB need to decide who they want in the show--Sofia or Greg--because it's obvious that there simply isn't room for all these characters. They are NOT going to reduce Grissom's role (he worked fewer hours last season for health reasons, which is why Greg had more screen time), Catherine's role, or Nick's (except for the time he's spending in France right now). Since Sofia became a regular recurring character, Warrick, Sara, and especially Greg have less screen time than they had before.

Personally, I think that since LL is a personal favorite of Les Moonves (head honcho at CBS), Sofia will be staying. And that means Sara and Warrick will divide up most of the remaining screen time while Greg gets to share the leftovers with Robbins, Hodges, and the other techs.

But that's the way things go in television. It sounds like Sofia has a lot of fans, so more power to her!

i dont think shes taking up too much of greg sara and warrick's screentime since shes a detective..shes a replacement to det vega and most of the time you see her with one or another csi ..does that mean the other fellow csis have shorter screentime ?the previous episodes has less than 5 mins of her in season 6 ..and she was always with warrick/nick or grissom...i dont see her taking up too much of sara and friend's screentime..besides i really enjoy seeing her rather than sara onscreen IMO.. :lol:

p.s kaye im still waiting for your grissom and sofia fanvid!

i dont think shes taking up too much of greg sara and warrick's screentime since shes a detective..shes a replacement to det vega and most of the time you see her with one or another csi ..does that mean the other fellow csis have shorter screentime ?the previous episodes has less than 5 mins of her in season 6 ..and she was always with warrick/nick or grissom...i dont see her taking up too much of sara and friend's screentime..besides i really enjoy seeing her rather than sara onscreen IMO.. :lol:

No, it means Greg has less screen time. For example, according to spoilers, Greg was supposed to work a crime scene with Warrick in the second episode, but it was Nick and Sofia who worked with him instead--Greg had maybe a minute's worth of time split between two short scenes in that episode while Sofia had a lot more screen time.

Not that it matters--Sofia's a fine character and if the writers want to utilize her instead of Greg, that's their perogative.

Hey, Tazzer - nice to see you might be giving the thread another shot. :) I hope we don't lose the Sophia fans in this thread due to the people who keep coming in with negative comments, as tempting as it is to run and hide over in the appreciation group instead. ;)

Hey Barbarella, not so much hiding as getting way from negative stuff over a TV show. I have way too much to do in my real life to spend whatever free time I have in non-fun ways. Like I said, I'm testing the waters this week and hoping to see a minute of Sofia Thursday night. Although I always have my backup in Gil & Cath. If they can have 5 CSIs for one dead body last week, then surely they can have 2 cops for 11 dead bodies this week.

Hey Barbarella, not so much hiding as getting way from negative stuff over a TV show. I have way too much to do in my real life to spend whatever free time I have in non-fun ways. Like I said, I'm testing the waters this week and hoping to see a minute of Sofia Thursday night. Although I always have my backup in Gil & Cath. If they can have 5 CSIs for one dead body last week, then surely they can have 2 cops for 11 dead bodies this week.

Exactly--there were only 5 CSIs last week, even though they supposedly have 6 CSIs now--Greg really isn't a CSI.

On the bright side, I do believe Sofia is in this week's episode--and there's a 2-parter featuring her coming up real soon! :)

Nice pic Tazzer!
bigtup.gif

Didn't she mention she had a boyfriend? Anyway . . . just seeing her with a gun is pretty cool. :D
It's great to see one wish come true. A female detective.
clapsmiley.gif
I'm happy. :D

----------------------------
S4_5_banner.jpg

They may have orginially thought to introduce Sofia/Sophia slowly at first, Test the waters with the first ep for both the audience an the actress.
Then as they go let on a little more, but the problem came in when the actress "Louise" announced her pregnancy, and being unsure if she would return after the birth.
The writers probably thought more trying to hide the pregnancy and in that she wasn't on the show half the time anyway she was re-occuring, but why give her a whole background when she might not even be returning? so they let it go for the time being.
When she decided to return they decided to give her a new job on the show, which basically gives them a slightly clean slate in which to do what they need to do to get fans to know her. JMO. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back