The Way it Should Have Been - a series of H/Y fics

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Hrockz, Jan 31, 2007.

1. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

And I'm back,

my version of Rio, of course the timing is set immediately after my above version of 10-7

The two months that passed had been difficult for Yelina. She had come off a bad relationship only to find out that the husband she once thought dead was alive, only to lose him again. Now, the gentle blowing of the sea breeze and the sound of lapping waves were the perfect balm for her wounded heart. Lying on one of the sandy beaches in Rio de Janerio, clad in a cream –coloured bikini, she was beginning to put her troubles behind her and enjoy her vacation. Having arrived in Rio the night before, she had found difficulty in sleeping given the emotional roller-coaster she had been through that day. Now Yelina felt she was finally able to relax.

The same however could not be said of her companion seated inches away from her. It was a rare sight, Lt Horatio Caine dressed in a pair of black surf shorts and a white short-sleeved shirt which was left unbuttoned, exposing his bare chest. Horatio was grateful as always for his faithful pair of sunglasses which rested on his face as he wasn’t quite sure where his eyes should look. The sight of Yelina scantily clad was enough to drive him crazy. For what must have been the hundredth time that day Horatio found himself staring at the beautiful Colombian lying on the beach towel next to him.

“I’m driving you crazy aren’t I?” Yelina asked as if hearing his thoughts.

Horatio chuckled. Yelina mused that Horatio had reverted to his awkward schoolboy state once they got to Rio and after one night there, still found it hard to form coherent sentences when talking to her.

“If this is really making you feel uncomfortable – “Yelina sat up and reached for her blouse which she had discarded when they got to the beach.

“No, no don’t put that back on,” Horatio managed, realising he had let out more than he had meant to. He ducked his head trying to hide a blush.

“Ahh… what I meant was umm… you look simply stunning the way you are now… not that you’re not at other times… “ he let out another embarrassed laugh. “You know what I mean.”

Yelina laughed along, “I know. Too bad you’re always the gentleman, checking us into two separate rooms." She gave him a naughty grin.

Horatio blushed again. “Ray’s here.” He pointed out as his gaze fell on the boy walking at the water’s edge. “We haven’t told him about us yet. And it would be good for us to take things slow for now.”

Yelina nodded her agreement seeing the wisdom in his statement. She smiled flirtatiously at Horatio as she removed her sunglasses. Horatio mirrored her actions. They smiled lovingly at each other for a moment before she closed her eyes and Horatio leaned towards her for what would be their first kiss...

Droplets of water falling on them made them stop before their lips met.

“Ray!” Yelina said annoyed.

“It’s such a hot day I figured I’d help cool you guys down,” Ray smiled mischievously as he continued shaking his head causing the water to fall from his curls.

“We’re fine. Really. Thanks buddy.” Horatio added.

“You sure Uncle Horatio?” Ray asked and before Horatio could answer Ray proceeded to throw a bucket of seawater on him.

“You’re going to get it now Ray!” Horatio took off after Ray who was headed for the ocean. He caught up with the boy and hoisted him onto his shoulder before dumping him into the water.

Yelina laughed as Horatio now soaking wet made his way back to her.

“Don’t even think about it,” Yelina warned when she saw a glint of mischief in Horatio’s eyes. Ignoring her warning Horatio scooped her up into his arms and carried her to where her son was.

"Horatio!" she protested but he dropped her rather unceremoniously into the ocean causing the boy to burst out laughing.

“Unbelievable,” Yelina said in mock anger as she stood up, water dripping from her hair and body.

Horatio looked a little at loss for words but thankfully Ray found the right words to say, “Now that we’ve all cooled down, I’m starving. Let’s go grab a bite.”

Yelina laughed and ruffled her son’s hair. “We should go dry off first.” She wrapped one arm round Ray’s shoulder and they made their way up the beach.

“You coming Uncle Horatio?” Ray asked.

“Yeah,” Horatio replied and hurried after them his face once again turning deep red.

So what do you guys think? I know it's probably a little cheesy or maybe a little out of character. I won't know cos we don't get a chance to see them like this ever on TV. :D But these two are in dire need of some good times.

2. Kit4na

Kit4na CSI Level Two

I was always curious if H/Y were in Brazil, what it would have looked like. This story is picture perfect! Good job :d

3. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

cool, Y as always push H buttons hehe :devil:

[​IMG]

not exactly Rio, but with little imagination .... ;)

4. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

Thanks Pusher yes that's the right pic for my fic but with a little less clothes. :lol: Feel free to continue to post pics to my updates, it's really nice. Wonder if you can find a pic for my next instalment.

The stars were out in full force on that clear moonlit night. Horatio and Yelina walked hand in hand, barefoot along the beach. The cool sea breeze tugged at Yelina’s hair and dress and Horatio could smell the familiar scent of lilies again. The pair had slipped out of the hotel for a midnight stroll alone while Ray Jr slept in the hotel room.

“I haven’t seen you this happy in awhile.” Horatio broke the silence.

“I am happy,” Yelina grinned. “This is nice.”

“I hope I had something to do with it,” he replied.

“You may have helped a little,” she teased.

“Glad I could be of service.” Horatio chuckled.

“Are all your first dates this impressive?” Yelina asked with a grin.

“Only for those whom I know are keeps,” Horatio smiled, hinting at his commitment to her.

“I hope our second date would be just as impressive.”

“I’ll try my best.”

The pair walked on in a comfortable silence. After some time, it was Yelina’s turn to break the silence.

“So how did you manage to arrange this so fast?”

Horatio stopped in his tracks. He had hid the truth from her before and it cost him dearly. He decided that this time the truth would be his best course of action. Yelina turned to face him. Horatio looked into her eyes.

“Yelina, there’s something I need to tell you.”

“I’m listening.”

“The third ticket here wasn’t meant for me.”

“What do you mean… Ray,” Yelina gave Horatio a bitter smile as she realised what he was trying to say. Anger flashed across her face. “How could you – “

“Sweetheart let me explain for a second.” Horatio interrupted. Yelina nodded. He could not hold her gaze and instead looked down at the sand at their feet. His nervous hands played with is fingernails in his habitual pose. “I didn’t have much time. I had to make a decision. There were dangerous men after Ray and they were after you and Ray Jr. I needed you guys to be safe…”

“So you were about to pack me off to Brazil… I was ready to start a new life with you!” Yelina said the anger still in her eyes.

“And so was I.” Horatio admitted. “But I had to do what would have been right for Ray Jr. And at the time sending you three away seemed the best thing to do. If it were any other man, believe me Yelina I would have fought to keep you by my side. But up against my own brother, I wasn’t so sure. And knowing you, you would have done what was right for the boy too.”

Yelina hated to admit it but she knew he was right. She would have chose Raymond over Horatio for her son’s sake. She also realised Horatio needed to know that he was not a replacement for his dead brother.

“You and Ray are brothers and are so alike in many ways, but you are different in many ways too. What I liked about Ray is different from what I like about you. I loved Ray, and will always cherish those memories. He will always have a place in my heart…” Yelina’s voice trailed off.

Horatio swallowed hard, wanting to hear the words he hoped she’d say.

“But that was the past, and now… I’m madly in love with you, have been for some time now. Even when I was with Rick, I realise now I was in love with you.” Her heart was finally laid bear before him.

Horatio’s heart flipped and he felt giddy with joy. They locked eyes and Horatio said the words she wanted to hear too, “I love you too Yelina.”

He put his hands on her waist and drew her near. As she wrapped her arms round his neck they kissed, softly at first then hungrily and with passion.

After a long while they broke apart and they both smiled. The loneliness he always felt disappearing, Horatio said, “I could get used to this.”

----------------------------------

Their last day on vacation was spent sight-seeing and shopping, two activities Ray Jr deemed boring. That evening they sat in the airport lounge waiting to board the plane to take them home. Ray Jr had school the next day. He sat opposite his mother and uncle, the pair of earphones from his iPod seemingly glued to his ears. His head bobbed slightly to the loud music.

“We should tell him before we get home,” Horatio thought it best not to keep their relationship from Ray Jr any longer. Yelina agreed and tapped her son on his knee. Ray Jr removed his earphones and looked expectantly at his mother.

“Your uncle and I have something to tell you.” Yelina said as she leaned forward in her seat towards him.

Horatio also leaning forward, bent to rest his arms on his knees as he always did.

“You guys aren’t getting married are you?” Ray asked, half expecting his mom to say he was right.

Yelina threw her head back and laughed as Horatio ducked his head in smile.

“No, we’re not getting married,” Yelina looked at her son slightly amused. “But we are seeing each other.”

“And that would mean that I will be coming round a lot more often.” Horatio added.

“Is that ok with you buddy?” Yelina asked,

“Wow, you’re asking me? I thought I didn’t have a choice in these things. You didn’t ask me the last time.” Ray replied.

“And I’m sorry,” Yelina said, “I was too selfish the last time with Rick. I know you never liked him, but I didn’t stop to think how you’d feel.”

“It’s ok,” Ray shrugged nonchalantly. “At least you’re going out with someone I actually like this time.”

“So you’re ok with this?” Horatio asked.

“I figured if mom were about to have a boyfriend, it might as well be you Uncle Horatio cos she really likes you and she’s happy with you. Like I said I like you too.” Ray teased.

“Thank you.” Horatio smiled not really surprised that Ray had picked up on the fact that his mom liked him.

The call to board the plane was heard over the PA system and Horatio gathered their bags. Together the three of them walked to board the plane that would take them back to Miami, to start a new life together.

Next up life back in Miami for our fave couple...

5. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

love the way H been so honest with Yelina ;) btw Hrockz, i`m glad that u like the pics...here two more :) (most of them are screencaps take from Lucy)

[​IMG]

“I haven’t seen you this happy in awhile.” Horatio broke the silence.

[​IMG]

“I am happy,” Yelina grinned. “This is nice.”

6. MiamiDade

MiamiDade Pathologist

These fics are great. I have been catching up on them and am very impressed! So romantic and so right for these two. A delight to read. :D

7. polina

polina Rookie

WOW
    just found it and to tell the truth I haven` t read something so good as this fic for a long time

thank you so much for this
    I so miss Yelina and I think I ` m loosing my hope of her to return to Miami :(

8. Hunter

Hunter Coroner

I read them all! This is a GREAT fic! Especially since that i'm a strong believer in the H/Y ship...

Great work Hrockz!

9. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

I've finally managed to catch up with these fics! Once again, very enjoyable and totally H/Y-esque. Really heartwarming too. Please keep this up, if you can. We all appreciate it very much. :D

10. Hunter

Hunter Coroner

Go Horatio!!

:lol: Awesome, some Speed comedy coming from H. Ah, i LOVE this fic!

11. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

Glad you guys liked it. Here's more. I'll keep this up as long as I can and as long as I still have ideas in my head ;)
    Not sure if you can find any screencaps to fit this instalment Pusher ;)

In the weeks that they had returned to Miami, they had settled into a comfortable routine. Horatio would come round early in the morning, drop Ray Jr of at school before driving to PD with Yelina. Evenings were mostly spent at Yelina’s or the occasional dinner out when they wanted time away by themselves.

That night was no different. Ray had been holed up in his room after dinner, presumably on his computer or asleep. It had been a long day and Yelina wasn’t surprised to find Horatio asleep on the couch when she was done with the laundry.

She sat down beside him, watching him sleep for awhile, not really having the heart to wake him. She ran a hand through his red hair causing him to open his eyes and give her an apologetic smile.

“Sorry, I must have fell asleep.”

“You sure you’re ok to drive home?” Yelina asked concerned that he may fall asleep at the wheel.

Horatio nodded, “I’ll go splash some water on my face before I go.” He winced ever so slightly as he got up from the couch. An altercation with a suspect and his golf club earlier that day had left Horatio with some very sore ribs. His slight change in expression didn’t escape Yelina’s eye however.

“You sure they’re not broken?” Yelina asked concerned. “Frank told me you were hit pretty hard with a golf club.”

“I’m fine.” Horatio insisted, “Wish I wasn’t slow to react though.”

“You’re getting old,” Yelina teased. “Here let me see.” She tugged at his hand and he sat down beside her again. She unbuttoned his shirt to find an angry-looking bruise, which covered his right side. “Looks painful.” she said as she ran her fingers along his ribs. “I’ll go get the ice pack.”

As she looked up at Horatio she found her lips caught in his and they kissed deeply.

“I told you I’m fine,” Horatio smiled.

“Aparently.” Yelina smiled back. “Stay with me tonight.”

“Sure?” he asked understanding her meaning.

“Yeah, I’ve been thinking about this for awhile,” she confessed as she ran her hand along the length of his thigh.

Horatio gave a shy smile. “So have I.”

She took his hand as they rose from the couch. Horatio hesistated. “Ray’s home.” He was concerned as to how his nephew would react if he found out his uncle has stayed the night with his mom.

“He knows we’re dating… and besides he’ll always be home. Unless you want to wait till he goes off to college?” Yelina laughed. “I don’t think we can wait that long.”

Horatio laughed back and nodded his agreement. They walked into Yelina’s room, and Horatio shut the dorr behind them.

I’m not gonna elaborate, I’ll leave what they do behind those doors up to your imagination :devil:

----------------------

When morning arrived Yelina was disappointed to find that she was alone in her bed. Had Horatio left while she was asleep? The sound of someone opening her bathroom door told her otherwise. Horatio emerged with just a bath towel round the waist.

“Hey,” he smiled.

“Hey yourself.”

“I hope you don’t mind, I helped myself…” he gestured to the towel.

“No.” Yelina smiled lazily.

Horatio sat on the bed next to her. “I had a really good time last night.”

“So did I.”

Horatio bent over to plant a kiss on her cheek.

“That bruise looks nasty,” Yelina pointed out. “You should get it checked out.”

“It’s kinda sore now but I’m sure it’s nothing. Gota go. I need a fresh change of clothes before I go to PD.”

Yelina nodded. “I was thinking... why don’t you move in with Ray and me? You’re practically living here already.”

“As long as it’s what you want.” He smiled. He knew their commitment to each other was mutual and had no qualms about her suggestion.

Yelina nodded. "It's what I want."

“Ok. I’ll pack my stuff and bring them over when shift’s over. I’d better get going.” He kissed her again. “I love you.”

“Love you too,” Yelina smiled back, loving the thought of waking up with Horatio everyday from then on. “I’ll see you later.”

“Ok. Later.” Horatio grinned back. The life he had always dreamed of having with her was finally becoming a reality.

I'm afraid that's the end of happy times for H/Y for the time being. I'm going to get started on my take on some s4 eps. Of course this time Y is with H.

Next up, 'From The Grave'.....

12. Hunter

Hunter Coroner

Aww! Horatio sleeping! On a couch! These are great visuals that i'm getting...I love this fic!

I can't breath properly.

NO HE'S NOT!

*raises eyebrows repeatedly* Oh ho ho... :rolleyes: ;)

Go Horatio! Go, go ,go....
    OMG now i'm pretending i'm In Yelina's position... *snicker*

Oh my gosh i will. I will! :lol: :devil:

Another point for Horatio! Go Horatio, you sly dog. *punches H's shoulder*

Ok, now i really can't breath properly and my mind can't stop thinking about...yeah...Heh heh.

Thank you SO much for updating! Love the fic! :D

13. GillianSGrissom

GillianSGrissom Witness

Anne Donahue, I DEMAND you erase season 4 and 5 and replace it with this fic! Absolutely DEMAND IT! Or at least make it an extra on the DVD.

I love the images this fic provokes. H asleep on a couch is absolutely adorable. And H in short and an unbuttoned t-shirt is just HOT! *melt* How can Y not jump his bones? HOW! I seriously think the woman has TOO much control. Grr.

Loved the fic!!

14. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

:lol: You guys make me laugh.

Thanks for the encouragement to write more. I got a busy week at work ahead of me but I'll try my best to update soon. Here's a short one to keep you guys happy and my creative juices flowing :p

the following is set around the time of 'From The Grave'

The dream is always the same. The bloodcurling screams is the first thing he hears. The scene before him is always the same. The man is stabbing the woman repeatedly. He tries to intervene but it's too late. The woman lies motionless in a pool of her own blood. The struggle between him and the man always ends up with the kitchen knife in the man's heart. The look on the man's face he will never forget. He tries to wash the blood off his hands but no matter how hard he tries they are always stained red.

Horaito's eyes snap open and he is delivered from the recurring nightmare. He hasn't had it in months so tonight is rather unexpected. He turns his head, thankful that he didn't wake his sleeping girlfriend beside him. Horatio swings his legs over the side of the bed and checks the time. Drenched in his own sweat he heads to the bathroom to cool off and to try get the image out of his head.

The cold tap water on his face is a welcome relief. Horatio turns off the tap and stares at his own reflection in the mirror. He hates what he sees for the reflection staring back reminds him too much of the father he has tried to forget. The reflection that reminds him of the first life he took with his own hands. The guilt of which he has carried with him for so many years.

Horatio dries his face and walks back into the bedroom.

"What time is it?" a sleepy voice enquires.

"Sorry I woke you. It's only five in the morning. Go back to sleep." he replies as he starts to dress himself for work.

Yelina blinks her eyes in the dim light. "Where are you going?"

Horatio pulls on his white stripped shirt. "I have to meet an old friend from New York." He isn't lying.

"At this time?" Yelina asks not really convinced.

"Yeah, he's got a busy schedule ahead of him so he wanted to meet me early. I thought I'd get a headstart, go wait for him at our meeting place." Horatio is vague about the details. "Go back to sleep, I'll see you at work later ok?"

He gives Yelina a quick kiss on the forehead.

"Ok. Love you." she says as she rolls on her side to go back to sleep.

"Love you." Horatio echos. Grabbing his jacket, he leaves the house, the morning breeze tousling his hair. He needs forgiveness for the life he took so many years ago and is glad that the one man who knows his past has come from New York for a visit. Perhaps he can offer the peace that Horatio so desperately seeks.

15. Kit4na

Kit4na CSI Level Two

I agree let's erase season 4 & 5 and replace it with this!
    Keep it up =D