Gil <3 Cath #25: PureJoy--Rub-A-Dub-Dub

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Gil <3 Cath #25: PureJoy--Rub-A-Dub-Dub, Two CSIs In

*slip slides in*

Wow, this thread has been moving quite slowly, everyone's been caught up in real life huh? Anyway, it saves me from doing a hell lot of catching up so I'm not complaining :D

I know I've said this before but I have to say it again...thanks for all the birthday wishes, you guys are great ;) Gravy, Happy belated to you too :D

I just watched the YouTube teaser and I loved it! It's really great to see a glimpse of old gil and it's even better to know that cath is the one who brought him back. The last scene that some of you have mentioned sounds like a great one. Finally we get to have some old GC and G/C/B, that's if the editors don't do anything stupid of course.

Gil's big screen tv in cath's room, LOL, that'll have to mean cath shares his bedroom because if I'm not wrong she did imply that the tv is in gil's condo....i mean, town house :D

Ted (is it ok to call you that?), welcome aboard! :D

ah thank you. and it's fine. just so we know though, i.am.a.girl. LOL :D (nick name around school is ted. don't ask why. it just is. LOL)

so ugh... i have a little question. how long is grissom going to be leaving for? =(

some of my friends are starting to scare me and say that he's never coming back!! (they love to see me cry) ahah. anyone has an idea? =/

He's only leaving for a few episodes right now. However, his status for next season is still kinda up in the air.

I watched Loco Motive earlier today. I can't say I loved the entire episode (really bored by the miniature crime scene plot), but I absolutely love the Max case. It was just so hilarious that I couldn't help laughing with Catherine all the time. Gosh I have missed those giggles! The opening sequence was priceless. We got giggling Cath and smiling Gil. He looked so amused and I just loved it when he asked Cath if she needed a minute. :lol: The scene in his office was great, too. Now we got giggling Cath and sober Gil and she just knew he was tired. Strangely, I didn't mind Sara's interruption at all. I'm glad that Catherine was still the one who could read Gil like a book while others had no clue that something was wrong with him, especially after what these two had been through during season five.

Yeah the Max case was too funny! I think what made it really interesting was how Cath, Grissom, and Brass dealt with it. Totally loved the scene that Hottie (if my memory serves me right, lol) posted earlier.

And yeah Erica, only Cath is able to read Gil that well until now. It's like an innate ability of her to know exactly where he's at.

Ah. Gradually more and more GC. :D The MCS case was boring. The Max case was hilarious, and that little girl (Suzie, was it?) was just such a precocious little cutie. Loved it when she unmasked Max's identity in her innocent way. Catherine's laughter was infectious and it was so nice to see Gil smirk in response at the start. And smile happily when he said to the guy stuck in cement: "That's the fun part." He looked like he was actually looking forward to solving the mystery. Loved that Max asked later if "Gilbert" was going to drop by. Certainly echoed my thoughts. But no.

Now why couldn't they have let Gil work the case with Cath? Sigh. No wonder he ended up feeling so tired.

It was good too that T_TB kept to the fact that Catherine is the only one who can read Gil accurately, and that she's the only one Gil lets into his private world and the only one to whom he allows himself to show any sign of weakness. That was, for me, the best part of the show. Plus the fact that in her company, Gil perks up and finds humour in life.

EricaSJ said:
I watched Loco Motive earlier today. I can't say I loved the entire episode (really bored by the miniature crime scene plot), but I absolutely love the Max case. It was just so hilarious that I couldn't help laughing with Catherine all the time. Gosh I have missed those giggles! The opening sequence was priceless. We got giggling Cath and smiling Gil. He looked so amused and I just loved it when he asked Cath if she needed a minute. :lol: The scene in his office was great, too. Now we got giggling Cath and sober Gil and she just knew he was tired. Strangely, I didn't mind Sara's interruption at all. I'm glad that Catherine was still the one who could read Gil like a book while others had no clue that something was wrong with him, especially after what these two had been through during season five.

Is the reason you didn't mind the interruption, the reason I think it is? :devil:

ren28 said:
Now why couldn't they have let Gil work the case with Cath?
LOL ren, isn't the reason obvious enough? :D

ren28 said:
It was good too that T_TB kept to the fact that Catherine is the only one who can read Gil accurately, and that she's the only one Gil lets into his private world and the only one to whom he allows himself to show any sign of weakness. That was, for me, the best part of the show. Plus the fact that in her company, Gil perks up and finds humour in life.
ITA. I'm really glad that they kept this. Again, it showed that Catherine's place in Gil's life is irreplaceable and that what she and Gil have is something really special and precious. Something others can't have with Gil. Sigh. What'd he do without her? ;)

Anne, you were right. I thought that moment would bother me, but after talking with you, I started to think maybe the interruption was actually a good thing because it showed something erm...amusing. :D Thank you.

Welcome Ted ! it's always a pleasure to see a new PureJoy fan . Enjoy ;)

I'm glad to read your enthusiastic comments about Loco Motive ! Maybe that T_TB have finally realized their mistake about the lack of CG scenes in season 7 .
Maybe I wasn't wrong to stay optimistic after all :)

EricaSJ said:
ren28 said:
Now why couldn't they have let Gil work the case with Cath?
LOL ren, isn't the reason obvious enough? :D

ren28 said:
ITA. I'm really glad that they kept this. Again, it showed that Catherine's place in Gil's life is irreplaceable and that what she and Gil have is something really special and precious. Something others can't have with Gil. Sigh. What'd he do without her? ;)

Anne, you were right. I thought that moment would bother me, but after talking with you, I started to think maybe the interruption was actually a good thing because it showed something erm...amusing. :D Thank you.

*pats* Told ya :D

^ LOL meloves you, Anne. :D

I don't know, I still don't trust TPTB. I'm always one of the pessimists in this thread anyway. :lol: The thing is, I don't think they realize that the viewers aren't as stupid as they think. Of course I hope I'm wrong. Hehe.

EricaSJ said:
^ LOL meloves you, Anne. :D

I don't know, I still don't trust TPTB. I'm always one of the pessimists in this thread anyway. :lol: The thing is, I don't think they realize that the viewers aren't as stupid as they think. Of course I hope I'm wrong. Hehe.

Love ya back, Lady E.

Something tells me that TPTB are struggling to change things. Considering how long ago everything was filmed and written, the constant change of what viewers what, and what TPTB perceive viewers to want must be difficult for them.

Trusting TPTB is something that I cannot yet bring myself to do. I mean...everything in me wants to of course, but...they've just broken my heart and those don't mend easily.

I actually really loved Loco Motives, not just because of the cute G/C, but also because the case itself was so amusing. I really was right there with Marg laughing about the whole thing, and loved it when she was in his office, still laughing about it. I'm glad the mood of the show has changed slightly with that episode. Although Gil is getting burnt out with the MCSK thing and whatnot, the other side is that the world may not be so bad as it may seem. :lol:

GraveyardIntern said:
Trusting TPTB is something that I cannot yet bring myself to do.
Couldn't agree more

Right now I don't think they will be going for a full scale change, god knows if they ever will *rollseyes* Seems to me like they are still just throwing in GC scenes here and there to bait us, so I'm not getting my hopes high either.

I haven't been watching the episodes but I did hear that the pairings in the season so far have been quite fixed, with gil constantly working with you-know-who, I find that really disappointing, really kills the team/duo/trio dynamics that we used to love.

I agree rebec. I think the team dynamic was one of the things that made CSI special. All of the actors were able to produce a great on-screen camaradarie, and now with the fixed pairings, we miss a lot of the fun of that.

Remember Gil and Catherine in PMJ? Or Nick and Sara in Season 3. Greg and Catherine in Season 4. Warrick and Nick. Warrick, Greg and Nick.

It just seems that we've lost the team that was special. And I have to say it - G and C led that team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back