Holiday Card Swap!

you would have to fight your way through the 10 feet of snow in the winter
Where do you live that there's 10 feet of snow? I live in Calgary and the -30 celcius is killing us all. Thank you for that lookaboomerang, I love the idea and I love that you have to give up your own address before getting anyone elses. Can't wait! I need to by stamps...

lookaboomerang did you get my PM with my address? Just wanted to check, my internet has been a litte fussy lately.

CSI_in_training said:
you would have to fight your way through the 10 feet of snow in the winter
Where do you live that there's 10 feet of snow? I live in Calgary and the -30 celcius is killing us all. Thank you for that lookaboomerang, I love the idea and I love that you have to give up your own address before getting anyone elses. Can't wait! I need to by stamps...

CSI_in training, I live up north in the States. In the great state of Nebraska. It is the 'good life' :lol: I guess I can't complain to you about the weather, it is about 9 degrees Celsius right now. The wind chill is about -7 or -9. So, actually, compared to where you are, warm. :D No snow-yet but it will blizzard in March I guarantee. So, I was being a bit sarcastic about the snow right now, but we do get dumped on quite a bit in the winter.

Yes, Winter in Calgary... gotta love it. Its getting warmer but your march snow dump, we always get one of those.
Oh! I got stamps so I can send stuff now...I may need more though...how many people are involved now?

Hee. I bought the awesomest cards today at Target. If any one else bought them and steals my thunder, I'm gonna be pissed. :lol:

Tomorrow's the last day, kiddies. After I get home from work tomorrow, I'll be sending out lists.

^ Thanks so much for coordinating this for us, lookaboomerang. :D

Wish I had time to craft some sort of pop-up Danny card to make all your holiday wishes come true, but sadly, you'll all be getting whatever strikes my fancy at the store.

I will be getting my cards this weekend when I buy my Iraqi school supplies :D and they will be cool and all, (well because I picked them out :p, kidding)

I have a few stamps that I purchased, and the post office will love me with my overseas cards :lol:

and yes, thanks again, Lookaboomerang for doing this. I am excited to start mailing cards!

MrsGiovinazzo said:
whatever strikes my fancy

On a side note... that's my favorite line in whole wide world. My best friend tells me that all the time and it makes me laugh. Reading that made my day! :D :lol:

MrsGiovinazzo said:
^ Thanks so much for coordinating this for us, lookaboomerang. :D

Wish I had time to craft some sort of pop-up Danny card to make all your holiday wishes come true, but sadly, you'll all be getting whatever strikes my fancy at the store.

Now that would be a card nobody would forget. :lol: **imagines opening card and getting popped in the nose by a certain Danny pop-up** :p

I'll be getting my cards this weekend too. Great idea lookaboomerang!

lookaboomerang said:
The response to this so far has been awesome! You guys rock. Just so we're all clear on this, whatever name and address you PMed me is what is going on the masterlist. I will be writing the screen names under that person's information. And, if you're checking out this thread and thinking that you're going to ask for the list if you haven't given me an address, think again. If you do not want to recieve cards and participate that way, then you won't be sending them either. Sorry, but I think it's a safer way to go and I'd just feel more comfortable doing it that way.

Hi lookaboomerang, I read your above post & sorry just want to ask. Since I am new in this forum (actually this is my first post), so all of you won't be recognised my screenname, however, I really want to join this card swap project. Can I join? Actually I have already PM you my name & address a day ago, should I send you again with my screenname on? brendanakai

1CSIMfan said:
MrsGiovinazzo said:

Now that would be a card nobody would forget. :lol: **imagines opening card and getting popped in the nose by a certain Danny pop-up** :p
Yep, that's exactly what would be popping up in those cards. :devil:

Welcome to the board, Brendanakai. :D

I seem to always be a little late, but I did PM you with my address, hope it is in time.

I've got to get some cards still, I have a few around the house, but I think I'll hit Wal-Mart after school. Thinking of sending ThumpyG a picture of a calgary winter so we can compare. We've got at least a foot of snow. :D

Ok, I have one more address to add to the list, but that's going to have to wait till tomorrow because I'm getting drug out to some Creative Memories thing. :lol: I PROMISE, lists tomorrow. :D

In other news, be happy for me guys! I got a job today! I've been a substitute TA for 2.5 years and they finally hired me on full time this morning!

Back