Gil <3 Cath #24: Kissing Her Doesn't Require a Pay Raise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Gil <3 Cath #24: Kissing Her Doesn't Require

normal7x04004mo1.jpg

Gil: Now look what you've done!
Catherine: Me!? It was your fault in the first place!
Gil: MY FAULT?
Catherine: YOU lost the tape!
Gil: Yeah...but...you took out the criminal!
Catherine: It was an accident. Besides, all I did was kick him in the balls
Gil: Fine. Let's be calm and rational about this. We're CSIs. We know how to hide a body.
Catherine: You hide it. I've done all the work so far.

ROFL. I love your captions, Anne. Kick him in the balls, eh? :lol: However, there are police cars behind them, and a crime scene tape already. Do you think they'll have time to hide the body? LOL.

Strip Strangler. Hmm. I think it's a very classic CSI episode, and a very classic C/G one. You get to see the whole team work together and you get to see the loyalty they have for Gil. I really love that civilian remark Catherine had. I love that she is willing to risk her own career and lead the team to act against the sheriff and to support Gil. I also love that even though she thinks she's capable of being a good supervisor, she still decides to pass. And I love that she is always pushing him, telling him that he needs to learn to be more politic. I think we talked about Gil's migraine in this episode and that Cath notices it's been a while. Isn't that just cute? And who can not love the scene where Catherine comes to Gil's rescue? She fires five rounds in a roll. Normally one shot would be enough under this circumstance and five would be considered too much. But heck. She shots Sid Goggle five times to save Gil without thinking about herself. If that's not love, I don't know what love is. <3 (And let's not forget that this isn't the only time she protects him with a gun.) I think this totally improved people who insist Catherine is selfish WRONG.

Of course, the very last scene where the team are having breakfast together is the best. I really miss the feeling then. And the famous "Never doubt, never look back", "I admire that" convo. There's so much in that scene that you just love but can't explain in words. Sigh. When can we see that again, or will we see that again at all?

New cap for anyone interested.

normal7x04022zs8.jpg

normal7x04022zs8.jpg

Gil: Okay, fine. You distract everyone else.
Catherine: How am I supposed to do that?
Gil *gives her a look*
Catherine: Oh fine. Just so long as YOU don't get distracted!

And here's a question for Strip Strangler - we know what Gil has for breakfast in this episode - what does Catherine have? Do we see?

Drumchik said:

And here's a question for Strip Strangler - we know what Gil has for breakfast in this episode - what does Catherine have? Do we see?
In one of the dailies videos of that scene, Nick asks "who had the re-fried beans?" and Cath raises her hand and takes her plate. Not sure what she had with it, though. Re-fried beans that early in the morning? Yikes!

^ But they worked all night and they need to have a proper meal after that (Why does it sound naughty to me? LOL). I think it's rather dinner than breakfast to them. Just my opinion, though.

And I wonder what Catherine is going to do to distract the others. Yeah, like I didn't know already. :D

Another for you, Anne!

normal7x04045yn6.jpg

I loved the last scene in SS, the team dynamics is the thing I miss most in CSI apart from GC. We rarely see the team get together now except for a few occasions like when greg passed his test and when Nick was kidnapped. They often go off to do their respective cases and we seldom see them interact in a non-work situation anymore. Even the greg/nick/warrick chemistry has not been given more chances to shine.

I think I've said this before but I'd like to say again that I love how Catherine always walks into gil's office/townhouse like she owns them and starts browsing through his stuff. It shows how comfortable she is in his domain (does this sound wrong? :lol:) and we've got further proof later in BOP.

In S1 we didn't have to hope and pray that we'll have GC in every ep, Billy and Marg were allowed to do their thing and we get what we want. Even when the scripts aren't very GC shippyish, they can create purejoy out of it. For example, the "be more politic" scene is just a normal "old friend providing advice" situation but when Billy and Marg played it out, the sexual tension present was unmistakeable. :D

When will we get this old CSI back? Hmmm...I'm not really in the mood for speculating today. :p

Wow, I missed a lot. Thanks for the explanation about Catherine shooting her gun five times, I thought the five shots mean 'i love gil very much' hehehe. :D i wonder if there would be another episode where both Gil and Cath's life are in peril.. i bet that would be a huge hit. I could see some of the GC fics as CSI episodes. They could be both kidnapped and stuck in a cramped space like in DJ's fic "15x20", or they could be stuck in a closet like Zsa's fic, or T_TB can write an episode where gil and cath are trapped inside a motel room. :p

I remember all the fics u just mentioned...I love them, u have no idea hw much I LOVE THEM!
Hey Anne, guess the pervert here it's not you, but ME.

And Rissa ita with you. If Gil's life was in danger, I'm sure we'd see a very hangry Cath...On the other hand, we saw Cath going through a lot, and he didn't do much about it. At least, they didn't show us. Then, who knows...Maybe we should talk to our best friend...His townhouse :D

normal7x04045yn6.jpg

cath: *to herself* you know if there were more women on the force, instead of just sofia, i could have gil strip for the distraction. the guys are eventually going to get tired of seeing me naked every time we leave some evidence behind. gil really needs to stop being so lazy and help me clean up after. nicky's still mad about his truck. i told gil to bring something to clean up after. i told him nicky was a neat freak. i told him he als'd his car once a week. but did he listen? no. he never listens. you know what, i think i'm going to distract him instead. *to gil* hey, look! *strips*

ss...absolutely one of the best gc eps and one of the best TEAM eps. we see cath's natural instinct for protecting her man in more than one way. she saves his life, she saves his job, she knows about his migraines, she accesses his home without a key AND without knocking, she risks her job by taking him with her during the investigation. she stands by her man completely.

and, i've got a suggestion for you guys to talk over. we are getting lots of new people in the thread and several are completely new to talk also. so when we see them why don't we include a link to the rules and why we want to stick to purejoy (as much as possible) in this thread. that way we can hopefully save someone the grief of getting mod slapped when they are posting for the first or second time. this, of course, would be in addition to our welcome basket and welcome questions. what do you guys think?

i've got a suggestion for you guys to talk over. we are getting lots of new people in the thread and several are completely new to talk also. so when we see them why don't we include a link to the rules and why we want to stick to purejoy (as much as possible) in this thread. that way we can hopefully save someone the grief of getting mod slapped when they are posting for the first or second time. this, of course, would be in addition to our welcome basket and welcome questions. what do you guys think?

It is up to everyone (especially new members) to read all the board rules before posting. I did have to come in here twice and put a stop to the negative talk of GSR. Yes, my second post may have been a little harsh and the second poster was a newbie, but the GSR talk continued. I've posted the Shipper Central rules several times and they are at the top of the forum.

There had been several instances of "bashing" in threads in the past and that is why the rules are more strict and it is up to us moderators to put a stop to it (and post links to the rules) before it gets out of hand again. I really don't think it's necessary for you guys to post a link to the rules everytime there's a new member. Your job is to have fun with your ship. It's the moderator's job to make sure the rules are followed. ;)

Another awesome cap, Coolc :D
You're right about SS, that was one of the best, if not the best, team eps.
And that is a great idea that you had about the rules and how we can help out the newbies :)

honestly, we've lacked good team dynamics in recent years. and that is something i think all fans like to see no matter what their orientation to shipping is.

oh anne, new words for the dictionary...but i forgot them. :(

ok, back to ss...i love how they stick together while investigating this case. and i love how cath tells him all of the team is with him, only they are putting in for overtime (that's the cath we love). and i love how she's offered his job but she turns it down because she wants it on merit, no on his inability to play politics (yeah right).

normal7x04045yn6.jpg

Cath: You know, it's not as much fun getting naked when you're not getting naked too.
Gil: Don't even think about it. I'm not removing a body in the buff.
Catherine: But...who said anything about removing the body.
Gil: I don't have a camera with me
Catherine: Good boy.

Love the caps, girls. They always make my day. :D

I think it's safe to say that most of us love Strip Strangler? THAT is what I call calssic CSI. I liked Fannysmackin', but it's still way behind Strip Strangler. Again, I miss the good ol' days.

Keep talking about Strip Strangler if you want, meanwhile I'm going to list the season 2 cases:

• 2x01 Burked
  • 2x02 Chaos Theory
  • 2x04 Bully for You
  • 2x08 Slaves of Las Vegas
  • 2x09 And Then There Were None
  • 2x11 Organ Grinder
  • 2x13 Identitly Crisis
  • 2x14 The Finger
  • 2x15 Burden of Proof
  • 2x16 Primum Non Nocere
  • 2x18 Chasing the Bus
  • 2x19 Stalker
  • 2x20 Cats in the Cradle
  • 2x22 Cross-Jurisdictions
  • 2x23 The Hunger Artist

Another cap for you:

normal7x04050fk3.jpg

normal7x04050fk3.jpg

Catherine: Gil!
Gil: What?
Catherine: You're either getting undressed yourself or you're removing the body. You are NOT inspecting me
Gil: Why not?
Catherine *grumbles*: You need a hobby.
Gil: I have a hobby. You're my hobby.

I loved Burked :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back