"Fannysmackin" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Taliesin said:
So sorry most wise and moderater-ish one! *bows and scrapes*

I'll curb my enthusiasm from now on... I only signed up in the middle of the episode... honestly, I haven't had time to read the rules yet. Doing so now...
:lol: Thank you, and may I direct you to the "Help Guide" we have posted here in the LV forum, its a quick reference to get you started. :)

Toots said:
Course, I'm prejudiced because it was about Greg, but I think this was the best episode in a very long time.

Greg talking about his parents. I wonder if one day we'll get to see his mom or dad in an episode? I'd love to see that.

Glad to see Federline didn't have too many lines. He was gross to look at, but fortunately, his character didn't overtake this episode.

I wish that it would have shown Nick and the others visiting Greg. That would have been the cherry on top!

Well, time to rewind the episode and watch it again.

I agree COMPLETELY. I was really hoping for Greg's parents to show up, that would have been SO emotional!! Maybe they'll wait until Greg's healed a little more so they don't freak out so much. But I'm definitely hoping that will come up in future episodes!

Ugh I know I'm so glad K-Fed didn't get too many lines... I would have done the same thing as Nick. :p

Yeah I was kinda hoping they would show the team at the hospital visiting Greg too like in Way To Go w/ Brass. I didn't see Greg in the promo for next week so I wonder how long he'll be in the hospital...

Wow, not sure words can describe...but this episode was definately the best this season. I didn't think I would cry, but seeing Greg get beat up like that...it was very hard to watch. And then when he started talking about his mom and how she was gonna be so upset, I almost started crying again there; it was just so sad! Not used to seeing Greg like that...But all-in-all, it was a great episode. I'll be counting the minutes until next Thursday...

sherlockanne said:
Toots said:
Yeah I was kinda hoping they would show the team at the hospital visiting Greg too like in Way To Go w/ Brass. I didn't see Greg in the promo for next week so I wonder how long he'll be in the hospital...
I saw Greg in next week's preview, u can see him walking in the background with evidence in each hand, so he will be abck next week

I would have definitely let lose on Federline if I was Sofia... but I definitely started crying when Greg and Grissom talked about his parents.

I'm also trying to figure out why all the CSI's carry a gun except Greg. I would have liked to seen him fight back a little bit, especially knowing all the kids were under 18.

I had to respond to this. Even though Greg told Hodges when prodded by him back in season 5 that plenty of others carry a gun, I got the feeling that he did not want to. And yet, I don't think it has been adequately explained why he's not made to carry a gun. I don't know what the rules are, but I'd like to know if a CSI has a choice.

Greg had no way of knowing that most of those kids were teenagers. And really, would you have fought back when there were several of them beating down on you? I don't think you would be able to. Not only that, Greg told Grissom that he never participated in physical activities like team sports; in fact, from the sound of things, his parents were too overprotective. He doesn't know beans about fighting, and it would have been totally useless for him to try to be macho.

My little adorkable Greg was so brave! He's all brains and very little brawn, which is how I like the sweet little nerd. ;)

All right, I just have to jump in here with something. Did anyone else think that the guy Greg saved was really creepy? Especially when he was talking to Greg? Am I imagining this?

what an amazing episode! I loved the scene between Sara and Grissom when she was beating up the dummy: G:"Whoa, why don't you pick on someone your own size?" S:"...Are you volunteering?" G:*raises eyebrow* "...No"

when Greg was explaining to Grissom that he didn't play sports in high school and Grissom replied "I never would have guessed", do you think he was trying to be funnily sarcastic, or serious?

I had to respond to this. Even though Greg told Hodges when prodded by him back in season 5 that plenty of others carry a gun, I got the feeling that he did not want to. And yet, I don't think it has been adequately explained why he's not made to carry a gun. I don't know what the rules are, but I'd like to know if a CSI has a choice.

If you recall, Grissom rarely carried a gun at the beginning of the series... so it would seem that the CSI's do, indeed, get the choice. Then again, Griss is so eccentric at times, you've gotta wonder...

Toots said:
I'm also trying to figure out why all the CSI's carry a gun except Greg. I would have liked to seen him fight back a little bit, especially knowing all the kids were under 18.

Greg had no way of knowing that most of those kids were teenagers. And really, would you have fought back when there were several of them beating down on you? I don't think you would be able to. Not only that, Greg told Grissom that he never participated in physical activities like team sports; in fact, from the sound of things, his parents were too overprotective. He doesn't know beans about fighting, and it would have been totally useless for him to try to be macho.

My little adorkable Greg was so brave! He's all brains and very little brawn, which is how I like the sweet little nerd. ;)

Thank you!! I've always wondered if Greg would go through training to carry a weapon. That would be a really interesting episode cause I bet Greg would have a hard time getting used to it and maybe he'd have to use it some time. I wonder how he would react to that!

Also I don't blame him for not fighting back! I'd be terrified if a whole gang like that just ambushed him like that! :(

Btw dancingqueen I loved that line w/ Sara and Grissom too! :lol:

Eric Szmanda did an amazing job. He had be bawling. They writers did a good job with the Sandle scene too. Greggo's nose is all messed up now! And did you see him when the dad gave him that look! I want to see how he is in the next episode!! He must be so traumatized!

Greg was amazing in this episode, i like the scene in the end with all of them in the locker room

when sofia was holding the shotgun at kevin federline, i almost wish she pulls the trigger

myfuturecsi said:
I thought Nick was going to shoot him at one point. Was that just me?

Totally was not just you... I was minorly freaking out...okay majorly freaking out!

THis episode was amazing! I've never actually been that much of a Greg fan (more of a Nick girl myself) but wowwee... Eric Szmanda was amazing, he did wonderful. And I love the ending, how you got to see everyone's POV about how much Vegas sucks.

Toots said:
Greg had no way of knowing that most of those kids were teenagers. And really, would you have fought back when there were several of them beating down on you? I don't think you would be able to.
I understandd 100% what you are saying. The point wasn't of him knowing they were under 18, it was attempting to brush them off a bit and maybe noticing they were weak. Greg didn't attempt at all to get anyone off him, and it seemed like he had his chances. I mean if you were jumped, no matter if you are physically fit at 19 or 55, you think you would put up some kind of fight right. Start throwing haymakers or something. Ya I know it's tv which is why I stopped criticizing. I would have liked to seen him put up some kind fight, I played sports all through middle school and high school, and that has nothing to do with fighting. For being a CSI Greg isn't too bright, he needs better survival skills, lol.

Back