Grissom&Sara#22 - Tongues Cost More

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, there would be. It'd just have rhythm.

*shudders*

Any chance that the giant glasses are somehow Grissom's payback for her making fun of his hat or something? Any chance? Or do lovers simply wear bad accessories?

*Coughs pointedly at a certain Malcom's hat*

About signing or not signing - there is NO official word yet. So I'd assume no until yes is confirmed.

okey, but back to GSR. c'mon zig, there was hardly any GSR in it. okey, the post-Ecklie looks count, but that's it.
It's true. I think part of my thing is that I've spent all summer saying "GSR won't ruin CSI, I swear to God, it won't be a soap opera now" that I really want that to be true. And so far, yeah, they're doing a good job, but I have a certain degree of paranoia around the issue. I just want it to keep on being the same old great crime show I love- it's simply nice to know that GSR is happening.

See, Ievy? SEE??!?!?! That was GROOVING. You said no. You said it was just a head bob. He GROOVED.
Oh, it was a total groove Ievz. He was so into that music.. a bop would have been off-tempo and uncomfortable.. he was totally going at it. *shudders*

I hid my head in a pillow till it was over. Dayna had to calm me down. It was a trying evening for
No really. She's not lying. She actually stuffed her head in a pillow wailing. This would be the same pillow that like, an hour earlier, when I said "SMELL MY PILLOW!" to show off my Tide With Febreeze greatness of laundry detergent, she was like "<whine>No, last week I totally saw Marty (the poodle) humping that pillow!</whine>", thereby completely missing the POINT, which was that I had JUST washed it with the FRICKING TIDE WITH FEBREEZE. *cough* moving right along.

Oh dude, PLEASE. You know Jorja picked those out.
No, I've decided Greg picked them out. He gave them to her as a gift. Case closed.

As I said to Dayna
As you SCREAMED AND WAILED to me.

*Coughs pointedly at a certain Malcom's hat*
Step off my man, ho.

LOL...I would love to have seen Sara walk in on the jam session. Me, I was laughing my head off and thinking "Griss, you should keep your day job and leave the jamming to Greg and Doc...and maybe Warrick, though we haven't seen him play too much"

and ROFl about it having rhythm.

I agree about them being more normal...don't know what's with the other CSI females and skimpy shirts...I think Cath has done it, Stella's done it...can't say about Miami. But Sara doesn't, and I like it.

*pictures them at home*
Gris: Doc was funny during the autospy...he sang the COD..."There was blunt force trauma to the back of the skull and a fracture ot the occipital bone--"
Sara: I have the security tape. Don't ever make me mad at you or everyone else will know Oh, and Doc was way better.
Gris: *ulp*

Our good friend Turtlebaby (who we haven't actually seen 'round here for a while) made an excellent point elsewhere about GSR that I hadn't actually thought consciously about.

Before GSR went canon, the ship was personal to us. It was almost an 'in' thing between just us shippers, just like all the other ships are to all the other shippers. But now it's canon, the ship has become very public and talked about and everyone's taking a stance on it.

Like when you get to know an obscure band or independent artist, y'know. Buy the $5 CDs they burned themselves and sell after their local-bar gigs. You're a groupie and you love it. Noone else really knows them, and it's cool, because it's like the band is 'yours', y'know? But then a record label signs them and their songs start playing in the Top 40 and they get a music vid up on MTV and suddenly everyone's talking about them. Even those annoying 11 year old girls down the street who wear skirts the size of headbands, and have cellphones even though they're too young to go out by themselves. And while it's cool that 'your' band is doing well for itself, you're kinda like "HEY. I've been following them for YEARS, okay? You can't have them! YOU DON'T DESERVE THE AWESOMENESS THAT IS THEM! You can never call yourself a true fan".

I'm not meaning to get people down on GSR with this, and nor was Turtle when she made the point initially, either. But as great as GSR is, being canon and having every scene between Grissom and Sara being essentially relationshippy, it's so...public. I kinda miss the days when it was something special to us that we could all secretly speculate on thinking "Ooh, do you think that meant something?" and "Aw he totally touched her arm with his hand when he left the room, then" - having that ambiguity and possibility about it made up a lot of the fun, I think.

Before it was just something cool between us and Billy & Jorja (and RamGold, of course) that was sort of under the radar of TPTB, y'know? Like passing notes in class behind the teacher(CM)'s back. Giddiness ensued :) Now it's out there, it's like "Yeah, that moment/scene was relationshippy, 'cause they're in a relationship, and it was fully intended. Everyone knows it." - sure, it's great - and I'm not disputing that (I'm loving the moments, too) but still. Plus we don't get any more of the fun "Comment vs. WTF face" moments with the fun one-sidedness of things going back and forth between Grissom and Sara, which is kinda sad (God knows the WTFs [and Grissom crapping his pants, lol] are awesome). Yes, we have other good things that we didn't have before to make up for it, but...I dunno. I'm just kinda thinking out loud here :p

Maybe it's similar to the "thrill of the chase" concept, too? Who knows.

What do the rest of you think?

^Dude, I need to go read LC pr0n, but that's a really fantastic point. I like it a lot. I'm so feeling the GSR as indieband vibe.. like, when I was a teenager and had my own band and stuff (I'm uber uncool now), I was SO into indie bands.. and then they'd sign a record deal and automatically i'd be like "ugh, I was so wrong about them.." (with the exception of Ani Difranco, of course). I think it's important that we keep our perspectives here.. were have always been GSR shippers, and just because it's canon now doesn't mean it's no longer cool. very nice allegy, Sporter.

Oh, and tell Turtle to get her arse back here!!!! She rocks.

theatre i perfectly understand your point but GSR couldn't remain the same it was at the beginning forever, it necessitated a resolution. Besides if WP doesn't resign for season 8, this will be the last year of GSR. So let's watch and enjoy because even the most beautful stories (fortunately imo) have to finish.
Regarding the soap opera issue i have to admit i'm disagree with Sarah and ziggy. If you assert that a procedural drama like CSI has to remain focused on the cases and not to show too much about csi's personal lives, well if you consider the whole Catherine storyline, CSI has always been a soap opera. I mean we know everything about Cath's personal life, we have seen every member of her family, every her fling. So why showing Cath personal life is ok while Grissom and Sara relationship is soap opera?
I was very disappointed for the last season lack of G/S interaction ( i like even only to see them working together)and i'm glad this year so far is different. I hope the relationship could be a way to show more about their personalities.

Regarding the soap opera issue i have to admit i'm disagree with you.
*raises an eyebrow* I didn't say anything about the soap opera issue...

And anyway, on that point I'm totally with you. We can't always focus just on the 'business' of things -

"People are making a family around you whether you like it not, whether you give them permission or not. We don't have to go to the Grand Tetons together, just ... every now and then you got to lift your head up out of that microscope."

I didn't refer to you regarding the soap opera issue. I refered to the discussion in the previous page between Sarah and ziggy :).

i totally agree with you, jofod. some things will change, and thats because we know their in a relationship, having sex, and probably becomming more emotionally attached to each other, by the day, naturally that is gonna affect ones mood, or way they go about things, just everything. like when someone mentioned Grissom seems clamer, sweeter, happier. most people are at the beginning of a relationship-especially one who hasnt had much of a life for years, and now does with a girl he thought he'd never be able to have because of his job. its still the same old thing, looking for hidden meanings, hidden glances, exchaged looks, double meanings etc. but id hate to have no insight into grissom and saras characters, and the other csi's. i want i bit of personal stuff thrown in. that makes it even better for me. and they waited 6 years to have a relationship develop between them, most shows dont even last that long, so its became special to a lot of people here, cause they've waited so long, which is why i cant get the big response about bands at the end of page 8. cause i was never a watcher of csi for all those seasons, only recently, so i cant relate, although im not sure id want to, given what its suggesting. haha. but i understand change is hard for some. but no, i think, some personal stuff doesnt ruin csi. its always been primarily about the case at hand, and still is, its just that as the 7th year is passing, people are invested in the characters. people care about the characters, and if anything, the personal issues make the show even better, not worse. im not sure why personal insight has to =show been ruined. and its still subtle, so i cant really relate or understand.

HEY, so i watched the bloodlines ep, well the DUI scene was SOOOO cute. how he didnt lecture her, he didnt start a 'why' convo, or 'what were you thinking' convo-he knew it wasnt the place, and he was just there for her, not as a boss, but as a friend-when she needed him most, offering support, he was so sweet, and tender when he talked to her about taking her home, and i love, love, love how he took her hand and held it. she didnt look at him, but when he said that, she was obviously ashamed, and upset, and put her head down. i think she just COULDNT bring herself to look at him, cause she was so embarrasssed and mortified that he knew, and not only that, had to come and collect her. cause he hadnt ever seen sara like that, had he-vulnerable. he knew it, so he comforted her-that was adorable-i love that scene. do you think he thought to a small extent it might be his fault, that her problems intensified after the promotion mess, or that it really was partly to do with grissom, like after hearing the BF confession and then shortly after, the promotion mess, she probably felt really rejected and hurt, and maybe that pushed her over the edge.

and the scene after the explosion where he checks on her, SO damn cute. how he rushes over with concern, and again, his very quiet, thoughtful, tender voice, asking if shes ok-blatently she isnt, and i love how when he sees her hand, hes like 'oh honey, this doesnt look good'. awww. and how still in shock shes like, this is gonna be one hell of a clearup job, we should get started-and he looks at her, all concerned, and gets someone to take a look at her hand and give her stiches. C-uuuuuuuuu-tte. what an adorable scene. i bet if it had been Catherine or someone else, he would have handled that situation totally differently, i can just see it, not as tenderly as he did with sara, you could just tell he cared about her.

and the end scene where she asks him out. (btw saras hair, oh dear god, thankgod she went back brown). its cute, the expressions. where he looks and is like no, but its the way he says it, i cant explain, and when he says sara, and after a few moments, i dont know what to do about this-i like that he says that, hes acknowledging theres something there between them, and when she says 'i do'. he looks a bit suprised, as in, shes ready, when he is it could be too late. i like that exchange, i really do.

Austeillo just said that William is signed through Season 8. Does anyone know if there is truth in that, or if he just saying that William is signed?

On another note, I really enjoyed the GSR in Built to Kill part.2. It definately brought me back to Season 1 where they had a level of comfort and ease while working on cases. And those looks they gave each other after the Ecklie scene...priceless.

Saw that on the GSR site. Did giggle. But there was one thing that made me think. When they'd run out of suspects, their conversation ended a bit strangely, or so I thought. Why would Sara say, 'what are you going to do about it?' abd him reply, 'I don't know... I 'll deal with it.'

What can they do about it? What can he, personally, do? Why not use 'we' as they were working it together? No evidence so no suspect. Was he referring to the possibility of Ecklie suspecting them, even though their looks at each other at in that scene suggested he couldn't possibly know... could he? Just made me wonder a bit...

Is that what he's going to deal with...?

"People are making a family around you whether you like it not, whether you give them permission or not. We don't have to go to the Grand Tetons together, just ... every now and then you got to lift your head up out of that microscope."
One thing I have always wondered about that line is what does Grand Tetons mean? Sorry, but I'm Swedish and my English is not so good.
Btw. Did you know that "Gris" is the Swedish word for "pig"? It makes it pretty fun when someone writes Grissom's nickname as G-R-I-S to me.

i'm English-and i also havent got a clue what that is. maybe its an American thing. i assume some kind of event perhaps?

anyways, i was watching that Chalk... From Plaster ep again yesterday and it was SO cute. the way she looked at him. i think she used the chalk excuse to make physical contact with him, to get close to him, touch him. he could have wiped it off himself-she wanted to do it clearly-and the scene makes a normally very innocent action seem very intimate. you can see it in her face. shes looking at him-with that look-when you care about someone. it was so cute.

Maybe. I was just wondering. They don't have Swedish version of the dvd's so I have the English boxes, so it doesn't really help...

It's true. I think part of my thing is that I've spent all summer saying "GSR won't ruin CSI, I swear to God, it won't be a soap opera now" that I really want that to be true. And so far, yeah, they're doing a good job, but I have a certain degree of paranoia around the issue. I just want it to keep on being the same old great crime show I love- it's simply nice to know that GSR is happening.

COMPLETELY agreed. I think that it's more that every time I see Grissom and Sara together, I'm cringing, waiting for some really OOC moment, like making out at a crime scene, or obvious flirting in front of the rest of the gang, and it's all because of how hard we tried to defend it during the hiatus.

Having said that, at the moment they're doing really really well at finding that balance. They're not shippy moments, but you can just TELL that they're together from their tones, their body language.

Even her hanging off of the doorframe gave it that Burden of Proof feeling. Of course, minus the angst.

So... I dunno, I guess it's more about wanting GSR to be above reproach than that I actually "don't want" GSR.

Next week we get some real, honest-to-God GSR in terms of "What Sara thought of Grisom the first time she met him." So... that may also have been my issue - it's like, "C'mon - they were together in the premiere, together in the second episode and now they're being shippy in the third? It can't be every single episode". But juding from future spoilers, this Christmas-like presentation of GSR is supposed to keep us going for the drought to come.

Oh, it was a total groove Ievz. He was so into that music.. a bop would have been off-tempo and uncomfortable.. he was totally going at it. *shudders*

Warning: Sex for a middle-aged man could result in uncomfortable rock-outs in the middle of his professional atmosphere with another middle-aged man who is likewise getting laid.

I blame Sara.

No really. She's not lying. She actually stuffed her head in a pillow wailing. This would be the same pillow that like, an hour earlier, when I said "SMELL MY PILLOW!" to show off my Tide With Febreeze greatness of laundry detergent, she was like "<whine>No, last week I totally saw Marty (the poodle) humping that pillow!</whine>", thereby completely missing the POINT, which was that I had JUST washed it with the FRICKING TIDE WITH FEBREEZE. *cough* moving right along.

As CSI has taught us, cleaning fluids really don't remove the proof of it. But yeah - between watching Grissom's singing ability and the pillow, I chose the pillow.

No, I've decided Greg picked them out. He gave them to her as a gift. Case closed.

Perhaps she bet him that he would never, ever wear his sideburns that ridiculously long. Clearly she lost.

Step off my man, ho.

Pssht. Naw.

I agree about them being more normal...don't know what's with the other CSI females and skimpy shirts...I think Cath has done it, Stella's done it...can't say about Miami. But Sara doesn't, and I like it.

Completely agreed - but I'm still glad Sara is looking prettier - the shirts aren't skimpy, they're just cute.

Before GSR went canon, the ship was personal to us. It was almost an 'in' thing between just us shippers, just like all the other ships are to all the other shippers. But now it's canon, the ship has become very public and talked about and everyone's taking a stance on it.

EXCELLENT point. JK Rowling said that she went to a booksigning once and a girl said, "I didn't want all these other people to be here. This is MY book".

I think that's how we felt about GSR. People said it would never happen, but that didn't really bother us, because WE knew it was ours and that the writers supported it, but even then... it was just kind of like... yeah, it was ours to comment on, and those who didn't like it just sort of ignored it.

Now it's fair game, which means that we don't feel like we can really bitch about it anymore, because enough people are doing that for us.

And I kind of see what you're saying about the indie connection - it's almost as though people assume that you ship GSR NOW because it's canon, rather than because you shipped it before it was "cool".

ETA

Okay, Gibby gave like Mother Theresa - Grissom's "sabbatical" is teaching at UNLV - which is awesome. It gives him a possible out that still leaves the door open for reappearances. AND The Good Doctor storyline has not been cut - the minicrimescene guy reappears in Burnout, so it sounds as though he'll be back for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back