"Ficlets" about CSI: LV - Give me suggestions!

Hestia said:
“Next song,” Greg grinned, “And by the way, 'you look so good in blue.'

Greg can't resist being a bit of a flirt, even at a wedding. I loved it.

New suggestion (Now this one is odd)
What do Diet Pepsi, Cheese, Fluff, Fluffer-Nutter Sandwhich, a bat, chicken blood, candles, ink-jet cartridges, floppy diskes, broken light bulds, and thunderstorms have in common? That's right, they are all part of your next challenge!
It must be a fluffy story (I am in a good mood)
Chicken blood must relate to some sort of religous thing that is not part of the case.
Diet Pepsi must used some how that is not drinking, but also not part of the case.
Must somehow include mention of the case.
Can not include Sara, Grissom, any of the lab techs, or Warrick.
(I said odd, didn't I)

Here you go, a nice friendship story with Nick, Sara, Catherine and Warrick. I hope you like it, maricejayo. ;)

"So who’s picking up the tab, again?”

Graveyard shift just got out of shift, and they decided to have a pancake breakfast, just for the sake of spending some time together. Even though Grissom and Greg declined, because of work and personal appointments respectively, the four CSIs decided to go out to eat.
“How about we play rock paper scissors for it?” Nick suggested.
“That is so immature, we should just - one two three, not it!”
“Not it.”
“Not it!”
Catherine stared at the three younger CSIs. Looks like she would be footing the bill.
“Thanks guys,” she replied sarcastically.
They just grinned innocently at her.

Upon taking their seats, Warrick struck up a conversation.
“So, what did you guys think of that case?”
“Freak,” Catherine responded quickly.
“Yeah, weirdo as usual,” Sara rolled her eyes.
Nick chuckled, “He was trying to be romantic.”
“Romantic is bringing her flowers or chocolates. This guy paid a guy to steal her mailbox - and then he ransomed it for a date!”
“So he didn’t go about it the traditional way,” Nick argued, “He explained himself pretty well.
“Oh please,” the two women snorted and rolled their eyes.
“The blood did make it seem like he was obsessive,” Warrick pointed out.
“Quick and easy solving. At least we didn’t get Grissom’s case. Can you believe two floaters in a nudist colony?”
At this, everyone cracked up and made a few jabs.
“Brass told me his eyes nearly popped out when he saw all the nudists,” Catherine laughed.
“I wonder if Grissom had a problem with it,” Warrick spoke up.
“Knowing Grissom, he would be comfortable as a nudist as long as no one bothered him and his bugs.”
The rest of the table groaned.
“Thanks for the mental image, Cath,” Nick squeezed his eyes shut.
“Yeah. I could’ve gone a lifetime without that,” Warrick added.
Sara just shook her head and desperately tried to wave a waitress over.

“Hello,” a waitress walked over, “How can I help you?”
They all gave their orders, making sure not to order the most expensive thing, for fear of Catherine’s wrath.

Waiting for their orders, Catherine started a new discussion
“Changing the subject from nudists-”
“Please do,” Warrick held up a hand.
“What was the most embarrassing thing you did as a rookie?”
The rest of them let out some groans and mumbles. Catherine, being a good sport, decided to break the ice.
“Okay, I’ll go first. When I first started, I was really eager to please. I didn’t want to lose this job, so one night, I was asked to pull a double shift. Well, this was my first double, so when Eddie visited me… let’s just say I couldn’t leave my post - but he was persistent, and I was feeling adventurous.”
“You didn’t?”
“Not exactly. We almost did. Actually, we got caught right as he was about to take off my… well you get the idea,” Catherine looked embarrassed but she was smiling about it.

Sara followed the story with her first time witnessing an autopsy, “I threw up. It was pretty embarrassing and the techs didn’t let me forget it for a while.”
“Ouch. Sara Sidle isn’t so invincible,” Nick mocked.
“You’re turn, Stokes.”
After some stalling, he recounted a terrible mix-up involving a hooker and her religious sister. Needless to say, his superiors gave him a severe lecture and the sister nearly slapped him for the accusation of pushing drugs.
“What is it with you and hookers?”
“Shut up ‘Rick. Let’s hear your story,” Nick challenged.
The last story of the day depicted Warrick as a nervous rookie who’s first case alone nearly cost an officer his job.
“It wasn’t very funny back then, but now, I’m more careful.”
They agreed, perking up when the waitress brought their food. It was all in all, a nice morning with plenty of laughs and good food.

They settled back, feeling full from their breakfast. For a minute, they were all quiet. Nothing needed to be said. After a minute, Sara spoke up.
“This is nice. Why don’t we do this more often?”
“I don’t think Catherine can afford to feed us everyday,” Warrick laughed.

Up next, I tackle a G/LH romance story - involving weird food cravings! Stay tuned. ;)

“Romantic is bringing her flowers or chocolates. This guy paid a guy to steal her mailbox - and then he ransomed it for a date!”
“So he didn’t go about it the traditional way,” Nick argued, “He explained himself pretty well.
“Oh please,” the two women snorted and rolled their eyes.
“The blood did make it seem like he was obsessive,” Warrick pointed out.
“Quick and easy solving. At least we didn’t get Grissom’s case. Can you believe two floaters in a nudist colony?”
At this, everyone cracked up and made a few jabs.
“Brass told me his eyes nearly popped out when he saw all the nudists,” Catherine laughed.
“I wonder if Grissom had a problem with it,” Warrick spoke up.
“Knowing Grissom, he would be comfortable as a nudist as long as no one bothered him and his bugs.”
The rest of the table groaned.
“Thanks for the mental image, Cath,” Nick squeezed his eyes shut.
“Yeah. I could’ve gone a lifetime without that,” Warrick added.
Sara just shook her head and desperately tried to wave a waitress over.

Oh that's a hoot.

It took a while, but I typed up this little LH/G ficlet for Catherinesmyidol. I hope you like it! :)

It was a day like any other. Grissom was over at Heather’s house talking about this and that. He should’ve seen the fatigue in her eyes, but didn’t think too much about it. While he was in mid-sentence, Heather collapsed into his arms.
Panic seized him as he tried to wake her up. She didn’t stir, so he did what any man in his position would do, he set her down and called 911.

The ambulance finally arrived and he anxiously got inside. He held her hand and waited as they drove her to the hospital.
It was a grueling hour or so in the waiting room, but he finally spotted a doctor coming his way and asked about Heather.
“What’s wrong? Is she going to be okay?”
“She’ll be fine. Her blood sugar was a little low but she has to be more careful,” the doctor explained.
“Yes of course. Thank goodness.”
“Well, make sure to monitor her sugar intake. After all she’s eating for two.”
Grissom’s mouth hung open.
The doctor gave him a look, “I take it you didn’t know?”
“No.”
“Well, if you’d like to see her, she’s ready to take visitors.”
Grissom just nodded and quickly made his way to Heather’s room.
“Hi.”
“Heather, you’re… the doctor told me you…”
“I’m pregnant? Yeah,” she smiled secretly, but gauged Grissom’s reaction.
“Are you okay with it?”
“Are you kidding? I’m so happy!” He wrapped his arms around her and she returned the hug fiercely. They both looked ecstatic.

~~~~~~~
At five months, she was definitely showing. She didn’t have too many mood swings, although he did propose to her, so she was currently on cloud nine.

Grissom was currently reading a book about pregnancy outside by the pool. It was a lovely day and she insisted he get some fresh air. Sometimes he was more nervous than the mother-to-be. But it was his first child, and he didn’t want to mess anything up.
Just as he started on the last chapter, he heard her cry out for him.

With a start, he got up and ran towards the house. It was unfortunate that he didn’t watch where he was going. Before he knew it, he slipped and landed face first into the pool.

Heather walked outside just as he emerged from the pool. He was coughing and shivering slightly. The water was cold.
“Gil, why are you wet? Was it really that hot outside?”
He just shook his head, dismissing her suggestion.
“You called me?”
Heather looked a bit sheepish as she gave him her request, “Well, I was feeling in the mood for something, and I was hoping you could get it for me.”
Grissom squeezed some excess water from his shirt, and inquired, “Alright, what do you need?”
“We’re out of raisin bread. I wanted to make a special ham and cheese sandwich. Oh and get some blueberry syrup.”
“For a sandwich?” The ingredients were a bit odd to say the least.
“Yes. The combination of sweet and salty is delectable.”
He went inside and changed into some dry clothes.
“Anything else?” He started for the door.
“Oh yes! If they cheese filled pretzel sticks get those.”
“Are you going to mix them with ice cream and have dessert?” he joked.
“Don’t be silly,” she gave him a peck on the cheek and smiled as he got into the car, “They’re better with brownie batter or fudge. But we have plenty of that.”
He shook his head in disbelief but obliged. He never pegged her as a woman with odd food cravings. Things were going to get very interesting over the next few months.

When he finally returned, he noticed she wasn’t in the kitchen.
“Heather? I’m back! They didn’t have pretzels with cheese inside, so just bought you a soft pretzel and some cheese whiz.”
There was no answer.
Setting the groceries down, he made his way over to their bedroom. She wasn’t in there, but a light behind a closed door nearby made him guess where she might be.

The sight of a freshly painted nursery room greeted him. But the woman clad in flowy dress, with yellow paint on her nose and cheeks, caught his attention.
“You painted this whole room? I thought we agreed to do this together,” he walked over to her, trying to fight the smile that was starting to appear.
“It wasn’t very hard. Besides, you would have worried about me if you were painting and I didn’t need any more lectures from a nervous dad.” She smiled.
He let out a mock-exasperated sigh. But when he was close, he reached out and wiped some of the paint off her cheek.
“What would I do without you? You’re so calm and strong.”
“Well, believe it or not, I wouldn’t be like this if you hadn’t stayed here with me. So you’re the one who keeps me calm.”
She leaned in and kissed him.
“Besides, don’t get to used to this. I’ll probably be screaming my head off when I’m giving birth to this kid.”
She let out a laugh and he smiled as he pulled her to the kitchen.

Alright, now I have two more challenges to do! Next is AmandaSzmanda's insane challenge! Then a Yobling. (phew! it's not weird or crazy! :lol:)

I won't give you any challenges...yet. expect some later, maybe, though. Great job on the team friendship fic!

Okay: I got one.

Sara is working overtime on a case that really affects her and Greg helps her out, even though he's not working the case. They get caught doing...uh...your choice!

I have one for you Hestia
can you turn my Angsty RP into a Fic??
I Dont know if you saw it but basically Sara comes back to Vegas with a 2 year old daughter no one knows about, and the speculations fly on who the father might be (of course me being a Snicker it will be Nick)

Ok, so when I first read your request, AmandaSzmanda, I got the perfect idea for the diet Pepsi thing! Not so much for some of the other things. (chicken blood? :eek:) But I thought about it - and practically strained some kind of brain muscle trying to write this! :lol: I hope you like it.

“I cannot believe that case. Cousins that look like twins, and one of them killed her boyfriend with a baseball bat!”
“Yeah, well I can’t believe you fell for that goth chick. She was a suspect.”

Greg walked into his apartment, shortly afterwards letting Nick inside. They agreed to get together for some good old-fashioned bonding and drinking.
“She didn’t seem very goth to me. Besides, she‘s didn’t do it.”
“Well, did you think it was weird that she believed in voodoo and used chicken blood in her sacrifice?”
“Okay, I’ll admit, it was one of my more … unusual first dates. But other than the dark clothing, the crazy looking room, and the blood red candles, she was nice.”
Greg just shook his head, “And I thought I was desperate for a date.”
“I resent that!”
“Anyway, she is caring and sweet. She’s just going through a ‘spiritual identity crisis.’”
“Is that what she told you?”
“Shut up. Where’s the beer?”
Greg just rolled his eyes and muttered something about being treated like a servant in his own home.
Nick sat back down and turned on the TV. There was nothing very interesting on. The only thing that came close was some kind of news piece with ‘exploding soda’.

Greg joined the Texan and handed him a beer. He watched along with him; turning to him after the piece was over.
“Do you think that Mentos thing works?”
Nick turned and stared at him, “You have any soda and Mentos.”
“As a matter of fact, I do.”
“There’s only one way to find out.”

With the mischievous look of two young boys about to get in trouble, the two CSIs got the necessary items for their little soda experiment.
“First a snack,” Greg made himself a quick sandwich with a ton of marshmallow fluff.
He set it aside and looked in the fridge for a drink. Nick strolled over and spotted the delectable treat.
“Fluffer-Nutter sandwich! Just like my roommate used to make,” Nick grabbed the sandwich from the plate, much to Greg’s dismay.
“Hey, I was going to eat that!”
Nick was already into his second bite.
“Oh. Sorry.”
“I guess I’ll have to make myself a cheese sandwich,” Greg complained.
The spiky haired CSI was interrupted by a loud thunder clap and the flicker of the lights. They looked up only to be surrounded in darkness. The lights went out completely, which didn’t bode well for their experiment.

“I can’t believe my light bulb broke! This is the third time in two months!”
“Maybe it was the storm,” Nick suggested.
“Well, check my desk. I should have an extra light bulb in there.”
Nick finished his snack and felt his way over to the desk, noting some clutter here and there. Clearing away the floppy disks and used ink jet cartridges, he found what he was looking for.

In a minute, Nick replaced the light bulb, placing it in a garbage can along with a few other broken light bulbs.
“I had some candles in case you couldn’t find the light bulb.”
“They’re not some kind of weird, trick candles, are they?” Nick raised an eyebrow.
“No. I’m not that cruel. Now, where were we?”
Nick gestured to the Mentos. They both smirked.
“Ready?”
“Yep.”
They shook up the diet Pepsi bottle and with quick reflexes, opened the bottle and dumped the mints inside. Even though they saw it on TV all the time, they were still surprised at the spurting eruption of sticky soda.

“I should’ve protected the couch...”
“That soda got everywhere,” Nick tried to wipe off the carbonated beverage, but it was futile. “Looks like it was true.”
“And we ruined some perfectly good Pepsi!”
Nick sighed and tried to wash whatever soda was on his clothes with a damp paper towel.
“So, does she have a sister or something?”
Nick turned to his friend, “I thought you weren’t into goth.”
“I never said I wasn’t into it. Besides, I‘m not picky.”

The Texan just burst out laughing and left to find a pen and paper.

Whew! I finally posted this. Now I have three other requests to get to! I better get started on them. :)

I'm really enjoying your stories, the Yobling and G/LH are my favorites. :D

I have 2 challenges for you :
--I think it only fair since you did GSR that you write something for the Gofia ship. Afterall we never did get to their dinner date.

--Catherine/Sofia, it doesn't have to be slash, it can just be friendship and I think a good place to set would be during ABRTI.

I loved it (I swear I wish i had half your talent)

Because I am in an easy-going mean type mood

I want on where Grissom retires (Perferrably something that Ecklie does)
I want them to have a retirement party, where he gets drunk and starts dancing and singing kareoke

Back