Season #9 Spoiler Discussion

I probably need to see the episode again but I don't remember them saying he was going to get the death penalty. Unless they just pulled it out of their ass.
They didn't say either way. But him being sentenced to death isn't that much of a stretch since the death penalty can be imposed in Montana.

Oh, they didn't either way, wow.

I didn't think if they had the death penalty or not, I just assumed the guy would have gotten life.

I always wondered about it because the possibility of him of receiving the death penalty seemed pretty high because he committed multiple murders. I also assumed he robbed the diner as well.

Last edited:
Sometimes I get the feeling that the writers think that we longtime fans don't notice little plott line changes. I am still wondering about certain things about Claire from season one.
I think it is not very easy to work with one plott line when you write a show for over eight years.

I was just about to say the same thing about Danny being the one who wanted the name Lucy, not Lindsay. I remember that because at the time I thought it was definitely going to be Lucy, since Danny always seems to get his way. And sure enough... :lol: .

That being said, I think seeing Lindsay go home to Montana/wrapping up the Katums storyline is a nice bit of continuity. If this is the show's last season, it's cool that some of this stuff is being addressed. I like that we're going home with the CSIs this season, and that going home with Lindsay isn't just about her relationship with Danny.

Sometimes I get the feeling that the writers think that we longtime fans don't notice little plott line changes. I am still wondering about certain things about Claire from season one.
I think it is not very easy to work with one plott line when you write a show for over eight years.

Well, if we can follow a plotline for over eight years, they should be able to do so, too! They just have to do their homework! ;) I don't think that they think we wouldn't notice all the irregularities and breaks in continuity, but that they don't even notice :lol:

Okay, I only just saw the photo of Detective Lovato from the CSI Files first look for 9.02, and I have to say she's pretty much adorable.

2v8r1hg.jpg

I'm definitely getting the first hint of a new girlcrush. (Plus her and Flack together = reallyreally hot. /shallow.) :devil:

I'm pretty sure that this show has, like, one of the most attractive casts on television. :lol:

She looks cute. I thought she was going to be some though but dumb femme fatale, but now I think Flack and her will be nice together.

Okay, I only just saw the photo of Detective Lovato from the CSI Files first look for 9.02, and I have to say she's pretty much adorable.

2v8r1hg.jpg

I'm definitely getting the first hint of a new girlcrush. (Plus her and Flack together = reallyreally hot. /shallow.) :devil:

I'm pretty sure that this show has, like, one of the most attractive casts on television. :lol:
Agreed on point! I think she's really pretty in a totally adorable down-to-earth sort of way. And o.m.g. she and Flack together..... really good stuff ;) :devil: I am SO looking forward to this relationship! :D

More info about 9.08 from TVGuide.com's Mega Buzz:

I could really use some CSI: NY spoilers. — Ethan

ADAM: And I would really like to give you some: We're going to meet Lindsay's father! Described as a rugged outdoorsman, we'll first meet him when Lindsay travels to her hometown to witness the execution of the man who murdered her three best friends when they were teenagers. Although Papa Monroe is a gruff man of few words, he's trying his best to be there for his daughter as she relives her painful memories.

Ausiello changed the wording on his response to the NY news. Here's what it says now (italics mine):

Question: Anything on CSI: NY? —Caroline

Ausiello: Episode 8 revolves around a case that tees up a meaty flashback episode for Lindsay, taking us back to her teenage years in Montana and just maybe revealing why she was initially hesitant to name her and Danny’s firstborn “Lucy.”

Read More at: http://tvline.com/2012/09/18/greys-...r/#utm_source=copypaste&utm_campaign=referral

I guess the Black Hole of Continuity (BHC) isn't going to strike again after all.

ETA: Here's a link to a sneak peek of the premiere. It's from SpoilerTV so it shouldn't be geo blocked. http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/09/csi-ny-episode-901-reignited-sneak-peek.html

Last edited:
Here's more news via E!'s Spoiler Chat:

@jmorgue: I need some help getting through the next two long weeks until the premiere of #CSINY. Do you have anything to help?

Sela Ward might have something to help out with that. She has more "There are a lot of fun things coming up. We've already shot in San Francisco. Peter Horton has come back to act. He came back to play my love interest and we had a great time," she tells us. "We've shot a show in silence for the most part, à la The Artist and Green Day is going to tell the story with their music, which is really interesting." Count us in!

Also, here's the link to the sneak peek of the premiere one more time: http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/09/csi-ny-episode-901-reignited-sneak-peek.html

Welcome Elwood21 back!
heh, thanks :cool:

woot woot! You is back! :D
Heya, you :beer:

That's a pity as I thought s8 was a definite improvement over s7. Although I can completely understand drifting away after s6 and the inconsistent quality of s7.
...I should clarify: "a growing ambivalence - amid a life going wahoonie shaped for nuttiness." There are things on my DVR that I've STILL not had time to watch :lol:. So much for catching up this summer.

That said, there's more than a grain of truth to NY not having been such as led me to go out of my way to watch. Glad to hear S8 stepped itself up.

Oh that is SO unfortunate! Because they actually did pretty well toning down DL this past season, and overall I wasn't even close to as annoyed or felt bombarded with it as before. I'm guessing the scene you saw was when they were in the park and Danny jumped at the "snake" Lindsey tricked him into thinking was at his feet and the whole city-boy/country-girl comments accompanying it? Yeah, one of the few true DL moments of the season, and you happened to catch it right then.... I'm sorry. The season really is an improvement, I promise :)
Glad to hear that too. And yep, what you described sounds familiar. What can I say. I have my own personal Clouds of Irony. To borrow from Douglas Adams, I'm a rain god and they just wish to water me :lol:

Hey, if you want I can give you a summarized run down from ep 1 to the finale in a pm or something. School doesn't start for over a week yet :lol:
I'm guessing I've missed my chance for a bullet point PM here. Alas :p. I'm sure I'll eventually figure out the main points.

Agreed. Agreed. And agreed. Although with Mac I would have preferred if they hadn't gone with something as fanfic cliche and medically improbable as memory loss....:rolleyes:
Agree here too. But ya know this just makes blowback from the black hole of continuity easier to dismiss :lol:. Apparently no one remembers anything clearly on this show.

Peter Horton is going to play an FBI agent. Neal McDonough is going to play a Senator who gets shot at. And Brooklyn Silzer is going to be Lucy this season. And I think that's it. Nothing terribly major.
Interesting. Glad there's no overt stunt casting (yet). Some solid names in there. Hope the material's good.

Cordial Greetings to you too! :D Go enjoy your coffee and hopefully I'll see you around at least a little this season ;)
Thanks. You'll be amused to know a recent gift from a colleague is essentially a sippy-thermos. With a belt clip. :rommie:. ...Yep.

Hope to see yas about too :bolian:.

~ There's some sort of prankster in the lab, and Lindsay is one of his/her victims - she ends up with blue rings around her eyes (most likely from ink applied to the eyepieces of a microscope), and she has to wear sunglasses until the ink wears off.
That actually sounds fun as an ep thruline. I hope it's Mac, having forgotten he's not supposed to have an overt sense of humor :p I'd love it more if it were Jo, though, given her talent for pushing buttons and her playfulness.

[/center]

Has anyone noticed that the chairs and table is on pieces of wood at the first pic? :)
Literal blocking of a scene :p.

Aj Buckley 4 h
My mom having fun on set today with @sela_ward and @GarySinise pic.twitter.com/hTO9Nkfj

Aw. Sweet :).

Glad that we get to meet another of Flack's family members, but bummed it's not one of his parents. I wonder what we'll find out about the Flack clan in this episode, although it looks like they retconned the brother(s) from "Time's Up." :rolleyes:

There is a plotline screw up about Mac. Wasn't he still in Chicago in '92?

Yeah, I bet they have forgotten the brothers in this episode or maybe the brothers are much older?

Guess the writers forgot that Flack's name is "Donald Flack, Jr" -- now his father's name is "Henry"?!?!
...pesky things, details. :lol: Glad to hear we'll be getting more of Flack this season.

Seems like NY really is making a very concerted effort to do more on the character front this year.

Part of me likes this a lot. Part of me thinks that the implication for allotment of time will be a trade off, IE. no multi-case eps, etc. What I hope is that not all the family stuff will be unbelievably woven into to case-related stuff via convenient connections & associates. Flashbacks & aspects of past cases coming back to light can be done only so many times.

9.08 "Late Admissions"

The team finds dextroamphetamine pills in Luke's bag, but he didn't have a prescription.
Which lucky cast member gets to say that five times fast? :p

~ Lindsay goes to Montana for the execution of Daniel Katums.

~ Lindsay also visits her childhood home and sees her father, Robert.
While the show really hasn't done much depth-wise for Lindsay beyond DL & Dark Sekrit, I'm kinda glad this is the avenue her apparent allotment of character stuff is going down. For one thing, It'll be among the rare occasions that a CSI show has acknowledged the justice system can't solve everything in 43 minutes :lol:. If the show had made a concerted effort with Montana's character in earlier seasons Katum would long be dead by now.

I'm also glad the show didn't try to mine her own shooting drama/medal/emotional aftermath further. Between the existing options, I'll take this one, and it is a way to have more of her family introduced, which is nice. The name of Montana has to date played more of a part in her character than her family has. This will hopefully be a nice contribution to separating church and state, so to speak :p.

‘CSI: NY’ Boss: We’re Throwing Caution to the Wind This Season
Now that statement blows my mind :lol:. I can only imagine what form this might take on CBS, the most cautious of networks, in the most staid of procedural formats :lol:.

All the same, glad to hear this too; the show really doesn't have anything to lose by breaking out of it's own box. Miami pretty much nailed its own shut, while Vegas managed to reinvent itself within its own parameters. Go for it NY. No better time. Seriously.

“This year, we are doing the unexpected,” says executive producer Pam Veasey in an exclusive interview with XfinityTV.com. “We are taking the characters to an unexpected place in their personal lives and the stories to an unexpected place. This year, we throw caution to the wind, and take a left turn — either on the concept of the episode or the lives of our characters — so the audience goes, ‘Wow! That is satisfying.’”
Confirmation of the character route this season. Interesting.

“CSI: NY” returns for its ninth season on Friday, Sept. 28
Good to know. Almost missed that, despite my refill of coffee...

Sounds like the premiere will also be structured to take advantage of their possible-end-of-series finale. Sounds like the recap will also help the likes of me who missed so much of the season. Also good news. (You're off the hook with your PM offer of a synopsis, Jade :lol:)

“Not the whole show, but we are going to go home with one of our people,” Veasey says. "It will be about family growth and personal growth outside of work.”
Also interesting. Again, so much the better if the personal reflects the toll of the professional, as opposed to a personal tie being somehow enmeshed in an episode's case/plot as a device to bring the worlds together.

this season it is going to be Flack’s turn to get a little loving when Det. Lovato transfers to his precinct.

“It is very reminiscent of the last detective with who he had a relationship. She is clearly his type. He tries to resist it, but he can’t resist what is just inevitable.”
Overdue. Part of me was hoping it might be Adam's turn, though :p. I also hope that despite Flack having a "type" that it won't simply be an attempt to recreate what the show had lucked into, co-worker banter-wise (Aiden) and chemistry-wise (Angell), and not least by the relationship/realm convenience of dating another firey cop. Easy set up, but time's limited, so whaddayado. I guess this is what they do.

Will Jo follow through on the vow she made in the finale: In the season finale, Jo realized that she didn’t know Mac as well as she thought, so this season, she follows up on the promise she made to herself to be a better friend.
Sounds interesting too; unusual to have a character recognize a detriment and work to remedying. So much character stuff is so often a passive & reactive progression thru an arc. This season is interesting, with characters apparently being more proactive, and so seemingly a half-twist different from NY's norm. We'll see how it goes.

Ugh, why do they keep changing stuff?
:lol:. They're suffering PSTD memory loss due the harshness of working in the industry? :lol:.

Unless it's a really big incongruity, I'm less picky than amused by these things anymore :lol:.

If this does turn out to be the last season, I'd love a Mac wedding, it would be a kind of full circle thing.
I get your point, but that's a little to sweet and neat for me :p.

I'm not saying don't imply resolution, etc. But I always liked NY, especially in it's first season, for it's grit. To go out super sweet would say to me that the show lost that last sense of self. Especially in a season whose focus is apparently to reflect the impact the job has on the characters doing it. I guess I'd like a different kind of triumph than a fairytale, if this proves to be the last year.

I think one thing to consider on a procedural that's gone on for so long as NY has is the turnover of staff. I have no idea, but I'd guess there has had to be a pretty steady roll over of various folks contributing over the years.

Eight years is a lot of homework for people to catch up on, even if some mainstays have moved up into more prominent positions.

I doubt there's ever been a real plan for each character that wasn't contained within a season, and I'd guess a lot of that depends on what the showrunner wants to invest in seasonally. I'm not surprised that focus shifts year to year. The actors are probably surprised and perpetually revising their own backstories to support whatever new material they're given too.

There's also network notes to consider, though on a long running show like this, who knows what form those take anymore. No doubt there's also stuff cut in editing that might have differently shaped what viewers think too. Helluva balancing act.

Bottom line, even if people working on the show notice discrepancies, it's still their respective jobs to sell it, if it's determined that is what is wanted. If it's not noticed, I'd venture to suggest that's the cost of achieving something else that was.

Glaring omissions glare, but most are easily shrugged off, at least for me, even if it's fun to find a Nelson "ha-ha" moment of vindication. It's kinda like shaking a fist at an empty room when the folks responsible have long trundled off for a hot dog. Now if Aiden walks in saying "meh, it was only a flesh wound," then I've got a problem... :lol:

I like that we're going home with the CSIs this season, and that going home with Lindsay isn't just about her relationship with Danny.
AGREED. In a big way. I've not been a huge fan of either character in recent years, but having moments that are not simply reliant on one another is very welcome.

CSI Writers Room:
Are we seeing double? A look at our 1305 guest stars.

<3. Puppies! :lol: This makes me happy.

More info about 9.08 from TVGuide.com's Mega Buzz:

ADAM: And I would really like to give you some: We're going to meet Lindsay's father! Described as a rugged outdoorsman, we'll first meet him when Lindsay travels to her hometown to witness the execution of the man who murdered her three best friends when they were teenagers. Although Papa Monroe is a gruff man of few words, he's trying his best to be there for his daughter as she relives her painful memories.
...I'd love even one description of an outdoorsman to be something other than 'rugged.' How about an obsessive-compulsive outdoorsman? Or an agoraphobic outdoorsman? :lol: So many missed opportunities, I tell ya :p.

Anyway. Will be interesting to see more of Lindsay's family. Not so interested in emotive Kartum drama, bet eh *shrug*. I am all for a bit more separation of Lindsay and Montana the state. Montana going to Montana could have gotten way too deeply meta to handle, despite NY's focus on characters' psychology this year :lol:.

Sela Ward might have something to help out with that. She has more "There are a lot of fun things coming up. We've already shot in San Francisco. Peter Horton has come back to act. He came back to play my love interest and we had a great time," she tells us. "We've shot a show in silence for the most part, à la The Artist and Green Day is going to tell the story with their music, which is really interesting."
Fun to hear Jo has a nod at romance too. I'm ...hm. ...vaguely intriguing to hear it will be scored by a Green Day song? OK then. Whatever you can get the rights to that floats yer boat... :lol:

The silent aspect sounds the most fun. Like real acting is required. Glad SW is having a good time with things too.

Sorry for the en masse post, a lot to catch up on again, part of my effort to keep up & see what NY will do this year. Thanks for pics & tidbits, yas all.

Back