Season #9 Spoiler Discussion

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by PerfectAnomaly, May 30, 2012.

1. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Okay.

EDIT: I just say Faylinn's post and I agree with what she said, I guess I just assumed that Lucy would suddenly be much older like some shows have done.

2. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Sorry it took me so long! Here's the info for 9.05 - it's the episode that will follow Flack off the job:

9.05 "Misconceptions"
    ~ In 1992, an 8-year-old boy named Tommy went missing after he took his dog for a walk in the park. Although Tommy was presumed dead, his body was never found. The main suspect in the boy's disappearance was Craig, a 17-year-old local troublemaker, but he was never convicted. He left the city after the investigation, but he returns on the 20th anniversary of Tommy's disappearance. Craig is found murdered in the park with his throat slashed.

~ Mac was one of the detectives assigned to the taskforce investigating Tommy's disappearance 20 years ago.

~ Lovato (Natalie Martinez) works the case with the team, and Flack has the day off.

~ Flack has been taking boxing lessons for the past three months, and we see him trading blows with his teacher, Tony.

~ We meet Flack's grandmother, and his sister Sam (Kathleen Munroe) appears as well. We find out that Flack and Sam's father, Henry, recently passed away. We also find out that their mother left their father at some point in the past.

~ There's a flashback to when Flack was 8 and Sam was 6, when they went to a baseball game with their dad.

~ Jo is starting to suspect that something is up with Mac - it doesn't look like she knows about his memory problems yet, but she's aware that something is going on.​

Here are a few extra tidbits about 9.06 "The Lady in the Lake":

~ Several scenes from this episode will be filmed on location in NYC.

~ Adam tells the girls in the precinct about a man named Phil as a lead-in to the "princess" story. Phil was arrested for murder, and he confessed to dumping the gun he used in the Turtle Pond. Hawkes went diving to locate it, but the water was too murky. Mac had the pond drained, which allowed the team to locate Phil's gun, but it also revealed the body of the woman in the ballgown, Ashley.​

3. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Glad that we get to meet another of Flack's family members, but bummed it's not one of his parents. I wonder what we'll find out about the Flack clan in this episode, although it looks like they retconned the brother(s) from "Time's Up." :rolleyes:

4. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

There is a plotline screw up about Mac. Wasn't he still in Chicago in '92?

Yeah, I bet they have forgotten the brothers in this episode or maybe the brothers are much older?

5. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

Thanks Fay.

Very great news about Flack, i'm happy to see again Sam

6. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

I think Mac joined the NYPD in 1992. there's no way he'd have been a detective, so that's either yet another massive continuity blunder (ala Christine's brother being another 'Stan' Whitney) or they actually mean Mac was a uniform cop assigned to the task force. Despite the continuity error, it being a case from Mac's past involving a missing kid makes me muchly happy, as do the mentions of Flack background (although I thought his dad was supposed to be called Don, and that's why our Flack is Don Jr - yet another continuity screw up) and Jo beginning to be concerned about Mac. A case from 1992 would be a good way to highlight his memory issues. Perhaps they will fix the continuity error re Mac being a 'detective' (if that's really what they meant) by the time the ep airs, like they did with Christine - she was initially going to be someone Mac met in Marine training, but that wouldn't have fit with his being an officer and they changed it so she first met him when he was a uniform cop. It makes me sad for Mac that in 1992 he and Claire would have been very recently married, and now she's gone. It would be nice if they touched on that.

7. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

1992 could work ONLY if Mac is a uniformed cop. At the very earliest he went to the NYPD police academy in 1991. This is actually plausible as his military involvement in Desert Storm would have been over in Jan or Feb of '91. We're never told when exactly he left, but given that he would have initially contracted and commissioned as an officer in April of '83, it is reasonable to assume he simply didn't re-sign in April of '91 after two 4yr contracts, and went to NY shortly thereafter. (yes, I'm a nerd and have pretty meticulously worked out the details and dates of Mac's life's timeline :p) I would hope the writers would realize that there's no way he could have been a detective in '92 given that they've made multiple references and flashbacks to his uniformed days already PLUS having the flashback in 'Blacklist' with his father when he was still in the Marines with about every single Desert Storm ribbon one could possible have.

However the premise of the old case for Mac to be involved in pleases me muchly as the side of him that emerges when kids are involved in a case is one of my favorite things ever :) And the prospect of seeing little 8 y/o Flack makes me grin :D

8. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

They better change that about Mac being a detective unless Mac is the one who is making that mistake.

9. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

source: http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/08/25/g...my-find-out-whats-next-in-the-spoiler-room/2/

10. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

Hopefully they will realise, they must have realised Mac meeting Christine while in Basic Training as the spoilers re her arrival initially suggested, wouldn't work, and they changed that. I mean, they even referenced Mac being a uniform cop in the early '90s in that flashback to when he first 'met' Christine when he was working with Stan, which must have been '92 or '93 or early '94.

Oh, and I very much appreciate & understand your Mac-related nerdiness. ;)

11. Micha

Micha Rookie

CSI: NY Episode 9.05 "Misconceptions"

STORY LINE: The cold case disappearance of a young boy, unsolved for 20 years, heats up once again when the chief suspect in that long ago crime is found dead.

12. Micha

Micha Rookie

CSI: NY Episode 9.06 "The Lady in the Lake"

STORY LINE: When two little girls are stuck waiting for their mom at the NYBPD bullpen, Adam regales them with a tale of intrigue. After draining a lake to find a murder weapon, the CSIs discover a fresh mystery: the body of a woman in a ballgown -- perhaps she's a princess?.

13. nel2h

nel2h CSI Level One

Thanks a lot Faylinn for the interesting infos. The Season 9 seems to become excitingly.
    Why we do not have September ye. I can't wait.

14. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

OK. Wow. Been awhile.

a) yay, the site is still up. Last I was here there was some doubt what course it would take to make that happen. Thanks, kudos, and congrats.

b) yay, my account is still active. Or I guess it is now. Mebbe I'm one who just bumped up the site's "Active Users" number by logging in after who knows how long. (By the same token, it's kinda wow to see how those numbers have winnowed).

c) yay, NY got a Season 9.

I say 'yay' to all these things because of general, if inactive, allegiance; I'm also egregiously lacking coffee and not fully articulate yet. Such as what passes for me anyways. That's why I'm also asking if I've missed a few threads that might be glaringly obvious to those functioning more effectively.

Growing ambivalence had me miss most of S8 NY. Got caught up in other shows, and it just never seemed to be one to DVR. While I popped in here mostly out of curiosity to see if my account still existed in the realm, I have been perusing what there is that might help fill me in on the Most Significant Events of the last year.

Part of what I was poking about for on the NY Boards, to get a better sense of Season 8, and the reception various cases & stories stories received, were End-Of-Season polls that used to be fairly typical; those of Favorite and Least Favorite episodes, that sort of thing. ...was anything like that done for S8? Did I miss the obvious? (...again? :p)

I have no idea if I'll be tuning in this season or not. I happened by an ep back in mid-season range, and was immediately faced with a Montana reference & DL exchange that was not about seeming case related details but definitely about DL. I think I managed an odd blink/laugh/twitch combo and clicked to something else. I guess I need more counselling to help me continue saturation-detox and knee-jerk reaction :p. All told I thought I did quite well.

Not in the least ironic, of course, that among the first things I'd come across here are the images of Lucy ver.9.0. Nope. Not ironic at all. Not in the least. Ferchrissakes :lol:. Whaddayado.

(All just IMO folks. Enjoy what you will :cool:).

In the event I do tune in, it would be good to know what's happened. If I'm honest, I suppose hearing about what S8 featured is also probably a guage that might influence potential interest in S9, in addition to the spoiler tidbits that are now out in the ether.

From what I gather of S9 so far: Glad Flack's family is being created in more depth, glad Adam's getting some focus, I won't say I'm glad to see characters injured cos that's kinda crass, but glad it sounds like residual effects for Mac may be an issue; it's a dramatic route they ignored completely with Messer's 10%.

Family stuff and character stuff is great, because I think it's really what's helped NY retain a long-game audience, but I also hope to see some crackingly crafted cases (I told you I need coffee). Rather, hear of such and be re-enticed to tune in.

Beyond Rob Morrow, I haven't heard specific Names being cast. Anything new there? (I suppose I missed those obvious details too).

I kinda hope NY get their ep-order buffed so they can reach 200. I don't expect CBS to be 'charitable' though, and they won't do it unless it works for them. Sentiment is not their byline.

Laterally related, I'm glad of Ted Danson on the mothership, I think that has helped the show find new legs. Incredible how they keep adapting and reinventing themselves. Not always smooth, but they seem to have achieved a solid new balance.

Not terribly sorry to see the era of YyyyYyYyeeeeEEEAAAAAAAaaAAaAaHHhhhHh come to a close. A decade's pretty remarkable for them too.

Anyhoo. It's been entertaining as usual to sift thru the various spoiler threads, as the seemingly most exepedient method of coding together events (and heartening to see names I still recognize :)).

I think I should just go get (more) coffee, and then I'll be better equipped to answer my own damn questions. Beyond that, Cordial Greetings to anyone who might against odds recall this slacking member ;)

15. nel2h

nel2h CSI Level One

Welcome Elwood21 back!