Season #9 Spoiler Discussion

OK. Wow. Been awhile.
woot woot! You is back! :D

Elwood21 said:
Growing ambivalence had me miss most of S8 NY. Got caught up in other shows, and it just never seemed to be one to DVR. While I popped in here mostly out of curiosity to see if my account still existed in the realm, I have been perusing what there is that might help fill me in on the Most Significant Events of the last year.
That's a pity as I thought s8 was a definite improvement over s7. Although I can completely understand drifting away after s6 and the inconsistent quality of s7.

Elwood21 said:
Part of what I was poking about for on the NY Boards, to get a better sense of Season 8, and the reception various cases & stories stories received, were End-Of-Season polls that used to be fairly typical; those of Favorite and Least Favorite episodes, that sort of thing. ...was anything like that done for S8? Did I miss the obvious? (...again? :p)
Nope, I don't think you did. At least, if there were any, I missed them too...

Elwood21 said:
I have no idea if I'll be tuning in this season or not. I happened by an ep back in mid-season range, and was immediately faced with a Montana reference & DL exchange that was not about seeming case related details but definitely about DL. I think I managed an odd blink/laugh/twitch combo and clicked to something else. I guess I need more counselling to help me continue saturation-detox and knee-jerk reaction :p. All told I thought I did quite well.
Oh that is SO unfortunate! Because they actually did pretty well toning down DL this past season, and overall I wasn't even close to as annoyed or felt bombarded with it as before. I'm guessing the scene you saw was when they were in the park and Danny jumped at the "snake" Lindsey tricked him into thinking was at his feet and the whole city-boy/country-girl comments accompanying it? Yeah, one of the few true DL moments of the season, and you happened to catch it right then.... I'm sorry. The season really is an improvement, I promise :)

Elwood21 said:
Not in the least ironic, of course, that among the first things I'd come across here are the images of Lucy ver.9.0. Nope. Not ironic at all. Not in the least. Ferchrissakes :lol:. Whaddayado.

(All just IMO folks. Enjoy what you will :cool:).
*sigh* Oh I know. But then, when have the spoilers not centered around DL....

Elwood21 said:
In the event I do tune in, it would be good to know what's happened. If I'm honest, I suppose hearing about what S8 featured is also probably a guage that might influence potential interest in S9, in addition to the spoiler tidbits that are now out in the ether.
Hey, if you want I can give you a summarized run down from ep 1 to the finale in a pm or something :) School doesn't start for over a week yet :lol:

Elwood21 said:
From what I gather of S9 so far: Glad Flack's family is being created in more depth, glad Adam's getting some focus, I won't say I'm glad to see characters injured cos that's kinda crass, but glad it sounds like residual effects for Mac may be an issue; it's a dramatic route they ignored completely with Messer's 10%.
Agreed. Agreed. And agreed. Although with Mac I would have preferred if they hadn't gone with something as fanfic cliche and medically improbable as memory loss....:rolleyes: I can think of a lot of other lasting complications that would be more realistic and still impact his ability on the job. But what do I know... I'm just a medical professional and they're the real experts :p

Elwood21 said:
Beyond Rob Morrow, I haven't heard specific Names being cast. Anything new there? (I suppose I missed those obvious details too).[.quote]
Peter Horton is going to play an FBI agent. Neal McDonough is going to play a Senator who gets shot at. And Brooklyn Silzer is going to be Lucy this season. And I think that's it. Nothing terribly major.

Elwood21 said:
Anyhoo. It's been entertaining as usual to sift thru the various spoiler threads, as the seemingly most exepedient method of coding together events (and heartening to see names I still recognize :)).

I think I should just go get (more) coffee, and then I'll be better equipped to answer my own damn questions. Beyond that, Cordial Greetings to anyone who might against odds recall this slacking member ;)
Cordial Greetings to you too! :D Go enjoy your coffee and hopefully I'll see you around at least a little this season ;)

Keck's Exclusive: First Look: CSI: NY Goes to San Francisco

CSI: NY's Gary Sinise and Sela Ward flew to San Francisco from the show's L.A. home base to shoot the gripping Oct. 12 episode (8/7c, CBS), which finds their characters, Mac and Jo, embroiled in a puzzling murder case. Along the way they are joined by Jo's ex, FBI agent Cade (thirtysomething's Peter Horton, left, who's guest starring).

120827mag-csi-ny1_300x206.jpg

The City by the Bay's stunning architecture — including The Palace of Fine Arts rotunda — provided a scenic change of pace for the usually gritty show. Another perk? The trip gave the cast and crew a much-needed break from the intense weather. "It was a treat for our team to escape the 110 degree L.A. heat," says executive producer Pam Veasey. Next up: New York City, where they'll likely film scenes at Central Park and Chelsea Piers.

“The Office” @EddiePCahill

tumblr_m9flc9rfbC1r9gg5ho1_500.jpg

Thank you Perlnoir for the promovid! We start season 8 next week and I am so exited to see both seasons!

CSI: NY Episode 9.07 "Clue: SI"

STORY LINE: As bodies start piling up, the team realizes that some psychopath is enacting the game of CLUE -- in real life.

Here's the first spoiler report of the season, for 9.01 "Reignited". :)

(I don't think there's anything new in it, but it's there if anybody wants it - and the names reflect the press release for the premiere, which includes some changes from the initial spoilers.)

Sorry for the double post! It's been less than 24 hours, but it's been more than 12 hours, and I'm talking about new episode spoilers, so...I think I can be forgiven for breaking the rules this one time. ;)

9.07 "Clue: SI"
~ Two young women are killed - Lisa is shot, and Ellen is hanged. When they test the rope used to hang Ellen, they discover GSR that matches Lisa's shooting. These deaths are connected, and the killer has more targets in his/her sights.

~ A man is arrested during an attempted robbery, and the gun he's using is the same one that killed Lisa. However, he denies shooting anyone. He insists that he found the gun next to Lisa's body; he didn't call the police because he has a criminal record, but he couldn't resist taking the weapon - as well as Lisa's jewelry.

~ There's some sort of prankster in the lab, and Lindsay is one of his/her victims - she ends up with blue rings around her eyes (most likely from ink applied to the eyepieces of a microscope), and she has to wear sunglasses until the ink wears off.

~ As a random tidbit, Natalie Martinez's character is named Detective Jamie Lovato. (We only had the last name before.) :)

Sorry for the double post! It's been less than 24 hours, but it's been more than 12 hours, and I'm talking about new episode spoilers, so...I think I can be forgiven for breaking the rules this one time. ;)

9.07 "Clue: SI"
~ Two young women are killed - Lisa is shot, and Ellen is hanged. When they test the rope used to hang Ellen, they discover GSR that matches Lisa's shooting. These deaths are connected, and the killer has more targets in his/her sights.

~ A man is arrested during an attempted robbery, and the gun he's using is the same one that killed Lisa. However, he denies shooting anyone. He insists that he found the gun next to Lisa's body; he didn't call the police because he has a criminal record, but he couldn't resist taking the weapon - as well as Lisa's jewelry.

~ There's some sort of prankster in the lab, and Lindsay is one of his/her victims - she ends up with blue rings around her eyes (most likely from ink applied to the eyepieces of a microscope), and she has to wear sunglasses until the ink wears off.

~ As a random tidbit, Natalie Martinez's character is named Detective Jamie Lovato. (We only had the last name before.) :)

Sounds interesting.

I have to confess though, I think you should just post new spoilers and don't say new one is coming up then edit your post. I've noticed that when you edit, it doesn't show that you edited it like a new post.

Thanks for the info.

Back