Season #9 Spoiler Discussion

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by PerfectAnomaly, May 30, 2012.

1. MS1213

MS1213 Hit and Run

I always wondered about it because the possibility of him of receiving the death penalty seemed pretty high because he committed multiple murders. I also assumed he robbed the diner as well.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2012
  2. ~Sunny~

~Sunny~ Witness

Sometimes I get the feeling that the writers think that we longtime fans don't notice little plott line changes. I am still wondering about certain things about Claire from season one.
    I think it is not very easy to work with one plott line when you write a show for over eight years.

3. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I was just about to say the same thing about Danny being the one who wanted the name Lucy, not Lindsay. I remember that because at the time I thought it was definitely going to be Lucy, since Danny always seems to get his way. And sure enough... :lol: .

That being said, I think seeing Lindsay go home to Montana/wrapping up the Katums storyline is a nice bit of continuity. If this is the show's last season, it's cool that some of this stuff is being addressed. I like that we're going home with the CSIs this season, and that going home with Lindsay isn't just about her relationship with Danny.

4. Rena

Rena Rookie

Well, if we can follow a plotline for over eight years, they should be able to do so, too! They just have to do their homework! ;) I don't think that they think we wouldn't notice all the irregularities and breaks in continuity, but that they don't even notice :lol:

5. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Okay, I only just saw the photo of Detective Lovato from the CSI Files first look for 9.02, and I have to say she's pretty much adorable.

[​IMG]

I'm definitely getting the first hint of a new girlcrush. (Plus her and Flack together = reallyreally hot. /shallow.) :devil:

I'm pretty sure that this show has, like, one of the most attractive casts on television. :lol:

6. Rena

Rena Rookie

She looks cute. I thought she was going to be some though but dumb femme fatale, but now I think Flack and her will be nice together.

7. ~Sunny~

~Sunny~ Witness

Oh yes, I like her :)

Edit: I just found it on Twitter:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 18, 2012
  8. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Nothing we don't know, but sharing this from Ask Ausiello anyway:

Read More at: http://tvline.com/2012/09/18/greys-...r/#utm_source=copypaste&utm_campaign=referral

9. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

Agreed on point! I think she's really pretty in a totally adorable down-to-earth sort of way. And o.m.g. she and Flack together..... really good stuff ;) :devil: I am SO looking forward to this relationship! :D

10. PerfectAnomaly

More info about 9.08 from TVGuide.com's Mega Buzz:

11. ~Sunny~

~Sunny~ Witness

Gary posted it yesterday on his FB page:

[​IMG]

12. PerfectAnomaly

Ausiello changed the wording on his response to the NY news. Here's what it says now (italics mine):

Read More at: http://tvline.com/2012/09/18/greys-...r/#utm_source=copypaste&utm_campaign=referral

I guess the Black Hole of Continuity (BHC) isn't going to strike again after all.

ETA: Here's a link to a sneak peek of the premiere. It's from SpoilerTV so it shouldn't be geo blocked. http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/09/csi-ny-episode-901-reignited-sneak-peek.html

Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
  13. PerfectAnomaly

Here's more news via E!'s Spoiler Chat:

Also, here's the link to the sneak peek of the premiere one more time: http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/09/csi-ny-episode-901-reignited-sneak-peek.html

14. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

heh, thanks :cool:

Heya, you :beer:

...I should clarify: "a growing ambivalence - amid a life going wahoonie shaped for nuttiness." There are things on my DVR that I've STILL not had time to watch :lol:. So much for catching up this summer.

That said, there's more than a grain of truth to NY not having been such as led me to go out of my way to watch. Glad to hear S8 stepped itself up.

Glad to hear that too. And yep, what you described sounds familiar. What can I say. I have my own personal Clouds of Irony. To borrow from Douglas Adams, I'm a rain god and they just wish to water me :lol:

I'm guessing I've missed my chance for a bullet point PM here. Alas :p. I'm sure I'll eventually figure out the main points.

Agree here too. But ya know this just makes blowback from the black hole of continuity easier to dismiss :lol:. Apparently no one remembers anything clearly on this show.

Interesting. Glad there's no overt stunt casting (yet). Some solid names in there. Hope the material's good.

Thanks. You'll be amused to know a recent gift from a colleague is essentially a sippy-thermos. With a belt clip. :rommie:. ...Yep.

Hope to see yas about too :bolian:.

That actually sounds fun as an ep thruline. I hope it's Mac, having forgotten he's not supposed to have an overt sense of humor :p I'd love it more if it were Jo, though, given her talent for pushing buttons and her playfulness.

Literal blocking of a scene :p.

Aw. Sweet :).

...pesky things, details. :lol: Glad to hear we'll be getting more of Flack this season.

Seems like NY really is making a very concerted effort to do more on the character front this year.

Part of me likes this a lot. Part of me thinks that the implication for allotment of time will be a trade off, IE. no multi-case eps, etc. What I hope is that not all the family stuff will be unbelievably woven into to case-related stuff via convenient connections & associates. Flashbacks & aspects of past cases coming back to light can be done only so many times.

Which lucky cast member gets to say that five times fast? :p

While the show really hasn't done much depth-wise for Lindsay beyond DL & Dark Sekrit, I'm kinda glad this is the avenue her apparent allotment of character stuff is going down. For one thing, It'll be among the rare occasions that a CSI show has acknowledged the justice system can't solve everything in 43 minutes :lol:. If the show had made a concerted effort with Montana's character in earlier seasons Katum would long be dead by now.

I'm also glad the show didn't try to mine her own shooting drama/medal/emotional aftermath further. Between the existing options, I'll take this one, and it is a way to have more of her family introduced, which is nice. The name of Montana has to date played more of a part in her character than her family has. This will hopefully be a nice contribution to separating church and state, so to speak :p.

Now that statement blows my mind :lol:. I can only imagine what form this might take on CBS, the most cautious of networks, in the most staid of procedural formats :lol:.

All the same, glad to hear this too; the show really doesn't have anything to lose by breaking out of it's own box. Miami pretty much nailed its own shut, while Vegas managed to reinvent itself within its own parameters. Go for it NY. No better time. Seriously.

Confirmation of the character route this season. Interesting.

Good to know. Almost missed that, despite my refill of coffee...

Sounds like the premiere will also be structured to take advantage of their possible-end-of-series finale. Sounds like the recap will also help the likes of me who missed so much of the season. Also good news. (You're off the hook with your PM offer of a synopsis, Jade :lol:)

Also interesting. Again, so much the better if the personal reflects the toll of the professional, as opposed to a personal tie being somehow enmeshed in an episode's case/plot as a device to bring the worlds together.

Overdue. Part of me was hoping it might be Adam's turn, though :p. I also hope that despite Flack having a "type" that it won't simply be an attempt to recreate what the show had lucked into, co-worker banter-wise (Aiden) and chemistry-wise (Angell), and not least by the relationship/realm convenience of dating another firey cop. Easy set up, but time's limited, so whaddayado. I guess this is what they do.

Sounds interesting too; unusual to have a character recognize a detriment and work to remedying. So much character stuff is so often a passive & reactive progression thru an arc. This season is interesting, with characters apparently being more proactive, and so seemingly a half-twist different from NY's norm. We'll see how it goes.

:lol:. They're suffering PSTD memory loss due the harshness of working in the industry? :lol:.

Unless it's a really big incongruity, I'm less picky than amused by these things anymore :lol:.

I get your point, but that's a little to sweet and neat for me :p.

I'm not saying don't imply resolution, etc. But I always liked NY, especially in it's first season, for it's grit. To go out super sweet would say to me that the show lost that last sense of self. Especially in a season whose focus is apparently to reflect the impact the job has on the characters doing it. I guess I'd like a different kind of triumph than a fairytale, if this proves to be the last year.

I think one thing to consider on a procedural that's gone on for so long as NY has is the turnover of staff. I have no idea, but I'd guess there has had to be a pretty steady roll over of various folks contributing over the years.

Eight years is a lot of homework for people to catch up on, even if some mainstays have moved up into more prominent positions.

I doubt there's ever been a real plan for each character that wasn't contained within a season, and I'd guess a lot of that depends on what the showrunner wants to invest in seasonally. I'm not surprised that focus shifts year to year. The actors are probably surprised and perpetually revising their own backstories to support whatever new material they're given too.

There's also network notes to consider, though on a long running show like this, who knows what form those take anymore. No doubt there's also stuff cut in editing that might have differently shaped what viewers think too. Helluva balancing act.

Bottom line, even if people working on the show notice discrepancies, it's still their respective jobs to sell it, if it's determined that is what is wanted. If it's not noticed, I'd venture to suggest that's the cost of achieving something else that was.

Glaring omissions glare, but most are easily shrugged off, at least for me, even if it's fun to find a Nelson "ha-ha" moment of vindication. It's kinda like shaking a fist at an empty room when the folks responsible have long trundled off for a hot dog. Now if Aiden walks in saying "meh, it was only a flesh wound," then I've got a problem... :lol:

AGREED. In a big way. I've not been a huge fan of either character in recent years, but having moments that are not simply reliant on one another is very welcome.

<3. Puppies! :lol: This makes me happy.

...I'd love even one description of an outdoorsman to be something other than 'rugged.' How about an obsessive-compulsive outdoorsman? Or an agoraphobic outdoorsman? :lol: So many missed opportunities, I tell ya :p.

Anyway. Will be interesting to see more of Lindsay's family. Not so interested in emotive Kartum drama, bet eh *shrug*. I am all for a bit more separation of Lindsay and Montana the state. Montana going to Montana could have gotten way too deeply meta to handle, despite NY's focus on characters' psychology this year :lol:.

Fun to hear Jo has a nod at romance too. I'm ...hm. ...vaguely intriguing to hear it will be scored by a Green Day song? OK then. Whatever you can get the rights to that floats yer boat... :lol:

The silent aspect sounds the most fun. Like real acting is required. Glad SW is having a good time with things too.

Sorry for the en masse post, a lot to catch up on again, part of my effort to keep up & see what NY will do this year. Thanks for pics & tidbits, yas all.

15. ~Sunny~

~Sunny~ Witness

[​IMG]

Hehe, Carmine sits on the wrong chair :p