Season 7 Ratings

That repeat did almost as good as a what a new episode of Fringe did in recent weeks. That show receives a LOT of buzz and is a favorite of many TV fansites. I'm happy NY is beating it every week!
Yeah Fringe is a good show and I watch it too, but online. Mac gets my full attention on Friday ;)

I'm curious about Fringe that's why this summer I'm going to catch up all episodes from the beginning. I wanted to start watching new episodes early this season but some said to me that I might be alienated if I just jump in the middle of the series run.

That repeat did almost as good as a what a new episode of Fringe did in recent weeks. That show receives a LOT of buzz and is a favorite of many TV fansites. I'm happy NY is beating it every week!
Yeah Fringe is a good show and I watch it too, but online. Mac gets my full attention on Friday ;)
I'm curious about Fringe that's why this summer I'm going to catch up all episodes from the beginning. I wanted to start watching new episodes early this season but some said to me that I might be alienated if I just jump in the middle of the series run.
Well they are right. While I believe season one was more like a typical drama with distinct episodes, now they continue the broad story and it can still be confusing. Sad that reason it is such a great show is also why people don't watch it because it is so hard to follow and keep up with if a person is a casual viewer.

That's amazing!!! Awesome!! :D at least if we don't get a s8, it won't be because of bad ratings. That would just be......sad. Better for it to go out strong then putter and fizzle entirely. Because it's still nowhere close to s1, but niether is it the disaster anymore that last year was... So yeah, yay! :D

Let's hope there would be no down adjustment in the finals. There were some basketball preemptions last night. Of course much better if NY holds or even goes up in the finals! :thumbsup:

That's amazing!!! Awesome!! :D at least if we don't get a s8, it won't be because of bad ratings. That would just be......sad. Better for it to go out strong then putter and fizzle entirely. Because it's still nowhere close to s1, but niether is it the disaster anymore that last year was... So yeah, yay! :D

I agree with you! :D Let's keep our fingers crossed, eh? :bolian:

Last Friday's ratings were adjusted down in the finals due to local preemptions. The ratings are still great. CBS coverage is normally 99%. From Travis Tanan:

7.17 'Do or Die'
CSI: NY (98% coverage)
- 10.598 million viewers
- 6.5/11 HH
- 1.9/6 A18-49

Here's E!Online's *expert* opinion. ;)

Kelly: I've heard that this will be the final season of CSI: NY. Is that true?
There's definitely some talk that this year's season finale of CSI: NY could be a series finale, but we're hearing that even cast and crew don't know for sure yet—they're going into hiatus in wait-and-see mode. If CBS has a great development season, CSI: NY will probably be laid to rest, but if CBS doesn't have any great new series prospects, CSI: NY might get one last go-round. BTW, if you have Q's for the producers of CSI: NY, tweet @KristinDSantos or email tvdiva@eonline.com, and we'll try to get you answers.

Here's E!Online's *expert* opinion. ;)

Kelly: I've heard that this will be the final season of CSI: NY. Is that true?
There's definitely some talk that this year's season finale of CSI: NY could be a series finale, but we're hearing that even cast and crew don't know for sure yet—they're going into hiatus in wait-and-see mode. If CBS has a great development season, CSI: NY will probably be laid to rest, but if CBS doesn't have any great new series prospects, CSI: NY might get one last go-round. BTW, if you have Q's for the producers of CSI: NY, tweet @KristinDSantos or email tvdiva@eonline.com, and we'll try to get you answers.
pffffft, I could've told anybody that ^ ! *expert* is right :lol:

Boom!

‘Blue Bloods,’ ‘CSI: NY’ put CBS on top Friday

CBS rode new episodes of “Blue Bloods” and “CSI: NY” to ratings victories Friday. CBS was the most-watched network and the favorite of the 18-to-49 age group. CBS edged ABC and NBC for that win in young adults.

CBS also premiered the spy comedy “Chaos,” which won its 8 p.m. time slot with tepid ratings. And tepid was the best way to describe the competition. CBS averaged 9.1 million viewers in prime time. Here’s how the other broadcast networks fared: NBC with nearly 6 million, Disney-owned ABC with 5.3 million, Fox with 2.4 million for reruns and The CW with 1.3 million for reruns.

CBS won with “Chaos” (6.4 million viewers), “CSI: NY” (10.3 million) and “Blue Bloods” (10.7 million).

NBC countered with “Who Do You Think You Are?” (6 million) and two hours of “Dateline” (nearly 6 million).

ABC offered “Shark Tank” (4.8 million) and two hours of “20/20″ (with 5.6 million viewers).

In Orlando, the top programs were all on CBS: “CSI: NY” with 173,300, “Blue Bloods” with nearly 169,000 and “Chaos” with 109,200. Rounding out the top five were “20/20″ with 85,000 and “Dateline” 79,600.

Not bad for NY despite low promotion versus Blue Bloods. Still hanging in there.

I like Chaos. Well the rating says I should just enjoy it while it lasts. :(

I was always taught that to play an April fool after mdday April 1st meant that the tables were turned and the prankster became the fool a theory PV proved in spades with Friday nights installment. Just when the ratings were creeping up to be halfway decent and the all important demographic to boot, just when it looked like the show could possibly dig itself out of the Grand Canyon sized hole it's in we get that. It's bad enough that we have to enjure Jo instead of our lovely Stella at all but under no circumstances should we even have to contemplate the idea of her as a possible love interest for Mac. Why PV and her writing team cannot get that ridiculously simple concept into their heads is beyhond me. Mac/Jo is about as popular as a guided tour of Lybia and that is never going to change period. In Stella/Smacked you have the goose that lays the golden eggs after all this is the woman he went to Greece for, who he walked out on a crime scene for, who came to the bar the night Peyton dear johnned him to show her support, who held him together when his wife died, who Reed thought was Claire they were so close despite Mac dating someone else, the woman the audience have been waiting with bated breath for nearly 7 years to see become the new Mrs T and yet TPTB think Friday night was a good idea? I'm sorry if anybody's offended by this next bit bur as far as I'm conserned sombody is a few Banana's short of a bunch if they believe the audience wants Jo instead. The even stupider thing is that the Russ/Jo idea works extremely well and is an idea actually liked by the audience. You would think that TPTB given their tenuious position would want to create storylines that appeal to the audience yet again though they do the opposite it's odds on now just how low the ratings will fall making TPTB all April fools because they have just thown away what little chance they had of a season 8.

Back