Season 7 Ratings

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Sep 25, 2010.

1. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I thought it would be good to have a new thread for the ratings. (Here's the thread for season 6.)

As Grissom rules pointed out in the last thread, the season premiere of NY won its timeslot, although new lead-out Blue Bloods was the top-watched show of the night:

7.01 "The 34th Floor":

From PI Feedback.

I'm not cheering just yet because the ratings could plummet, but it's not a bad turn-out for a Friday night show.

2. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

I'm not happy with the ratings. It might be good for a Friday show but the chances of renewing the show might not be so good. It should have stayed on Wednesday nights and the ratings would be much better than this. Damn CBS, The Defenders. I hope they know what they are doing.

I'm not blaming the people who don't watch TV on Friday. I'm blaming CBS because they put a good performer on a bad night. Bad ratings doesn't mean people aren't watching the show. What if others decided to DVR it or watch it online after the weekend. Too bad, they are not counted in the ratings.

3. Country233

Country233 Police Officer

Exactly, I watch some shows and tape others. It doesn't mean I don't like stuff equally. But we have to face it, CBS could've been worse and putting it on Sunday like poor CSI Miama :(

I am still quite worried about them renewing NY. Hopefully the defenders will flop and they'll put NY back on Wednesday.

4. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

I think Miami has a better time slot. It has a great lead-in - Undercover Boss - and it's on a night with plenty of viewers especially in ages 18-49. Though it's prone to starting late due to football, it won't last the whole season. NY on the other hand, has apparently no lead-in and on a night where people of ages 18-49 are out partying.

I'm worried too because CBS has lots of show in line. They can choose anyone to replace NY if it continues to do bad. I'm happy with the premiere episode but not completely because of the ratings.

5. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

What worries me about NY's timeslot is the weak lead-in.Medium's ratings were awful for a premiere and it may drag CSI:NY a little.The good thing is that the show beat all it's opponents in it's own timeslot.

Do we have the final numbers for NY?I can't find them anywhere.

6. Country233

Wow you may have point there about Sunday night. However, I remember when The Unit and Cold Case were moved to Sunday, they didn't last long.

I really liked Cold Case alot and thought it was very well-written show and I think CBS was wrong to cancell it.

7. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

The final numbers for Friday shows usually come out Monday or Tuesday. The final plus DVR numbers take 3 weeks. I hope the DVR numbers are high so that CBS will consider NY moving to better time slot.

Yeah that slot is a killer for many shows. CBS should consider putting another reality show there instead of drama. Cold Case is a good show. I caught the last few episodes of last season. I think it's a smart show.

8. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Travis Yanan posted the final ratings on PI Feedback here:

So it was up a bit in viewers, but the demo stayed the same.

9. Grissom rules

Thanks for the info Faylinn!!Good start for CSI:NY!!I hope the show continues strong!

10. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

That's not bad for Friday nights, but yeah, the numbers will drop as the season goes on. Whether the show comes back next year or not probably depends on how much those numbers drop. But it seems like the pairing with Blue Bloods is a good one, and it could be that CBS will be happy with having a two hour block on Friday nights that regularly wins the night. Expectations are lower on Friday nights, so CBS is probably happy with these numbers.

11. Grissom rules

Unfriendly Chat brought 9.67 million viewers and a 1.7 in the 18/49 rating.

12. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

^^ Looks like they were a bit higher.

The Hollywood Reporter

Still in the double digits... at least for now.

13. Country233

Hmm, that's a little worrisome...

14. Ruth

Ruth Dead on Arrival

Looks like they made a mistake

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2010/10/tv-ratings-cbs-cops-to-friday-win.html

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/10/0...l-good-guys-outlaw-blue-bloods-all-fall/66067

15. ragincajun

ragincajun Prime Suspect

I think the main problem with NY's ratings this year is its horrible lead-in. Medium is sucking wind right now, and many viewers are getting invested in those two-hour Datelines at 8:00 and not changing the channel to NY at 9:00.

I bet if they put NCIS or The Mentalist repeats, or hell even 48 Hours, before NY, the show's ratings would improve quite a bit.