Character Development/Screentime Discussion

A lot of co-workers can't stand thier other co-workers, much to the bosses dismay. They won't speak to each other and barely tolerate them. I'm lucky I like most of the people I come in contact with, but I'm out in the field and am doing the store a service. But boy do I hear some of them bad mouthing each other:klingon:That's what's so sweet with this show, how they all do like each other, and have in fact embraced Ray, and visa versa. Although they're actors, some times it comes through on the screen, when one doesn't like another. I hope with all of these great characters that is shows them progressing towrds harmony in their private lives as well as in the working enviornment;)

He's got a medical degree..is a pathologist..an author and a surgeon. He's learned so much from the team and they accept him as one of their own:bolian:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raymond_Langston

Most people I know accept that the people they work with are their co-workers. It would be a pretty sucky work environment if they didn't accept him as a co-worker. :rolleyes:

:lol: Unfortunately I can't really relate to that; we recently got another assistant librarian, and while my co-workers are usually really sweet and kind people they were b*tching a lot about her before they finally got to know her and accepted her as a co-worker anjd friend. Sometimes I hate being a mediator :shifty::p

I just expected there to be some tension about a new person joining an already very close team; I get that the CSI's are really nice people most of the time, but so are my friends and they still complain about each other all the time. The joys of friendship :rolleyes:

I should have clarified better. I don't think the CSI shows are a place to realistically expect major tension between characters. Ryan and Eric had tension on Miami, but other than that every new character is written as a good, welcomed addition to the team. It shouldn't be a big surprise or anomaly or big deal that Ray was accepted immediately.

Who do you fans think has had the most "character development" so far in this season? I have to choose Nick [he's such a doll] and or Greg, [him too] They've both grown and are so on top of their game at this point in time. I think that Nick probably needs to talk to the company counselor, for his own peace of mind. He's a strong guy, but sometimes they don't admit they need any help. An Greg, he's so grown and changed and
now possibly a love interest.
To me the whole team is going in the right direction. How they evolved since the series started.:bolian:

OOPS, thank's Snowkey, and Cath is a calmer gal, and Sara is the happiest I've ever seen her.. Brass and Doc, pretty much the same, the Lab Rats also the same. Ray has brought his expertise to the team, and he's leaned so much from them, so he's also grown and his character has developed to a higher plane~ Great season.. so far.. to me~

Last edited:
I'd say Catherine. She's had a romance so far this season as well as digging a bit more into her backstory ("Pool Shark" for example).

For me it's between Nicky & Cath. I agree with what was said about them.

Might as well throw Sara in there too lol I agree she is probably the happiest ever! and I love it!

A lot of co-workers can't stand thier other co-workers, much to the bosses dismay. They won't speak to each other and barely tolerate them.
Having just returned to a temporary full-time position, I see a mix of this. I'm temporarily replacing a gal who's on stress leave, and man, the comments I'm hearing about her are not pretty. Because I'm new to the situation (and also because this is my personality), I don't say much or try to judge either way; I just go with the flow. But I wouldn't want to be her when she comes back to work.

Ray has had a few conflicts with other co-workers: Riley, and then Sara gave him the "talk to the hand" gesture one time. But overall his introduction to the team has been pretty peaceful.

If indeed Marg is leaving after S/11,:( do all you fans think there wll be a S/12?, and who would repleace her, if anyone. So who would be next in line for her position Nick? And who would his assistant be? Marg did say in an interview that "she could see CSI going on indifinitely" I hope she's right and she will make guest spots;)

If indeed Marg is leaving after S/11,:( do all you fans think there wll be a S/12?, and who would repleace her, if anyone. So who would be next in line for her position Nick? And who would his assistant be? Marg did say in an interview that "she could see CSI going on indifinitely" I hope she's right and she will make guest spots;)

I think there was a thread started about this question some time back. A 'Teamleader' thread or something... But I'll answer. :)

For the sake of realism, I would want Nick to become supervisor. As for his assistant, I'm rather undecided. Going with the logic that one of the already established characters would be it, I'd be happy with either Sara or Greg (assuming Jorja will remain on the show). Of the two, Sara would probably be the better choice, though I feel Greg has been untested concerning leadership opportunities. Perhaps co-assistants: Sara being Nick's eyes in the field and Greg running the lab. Any combination of them would be fine with me. The three have shown to have great work relationship and form a Triumvirate of Awesome. :lol:

While Ray may have a commanding presence and is logically a capable leader, I don't like the idea of him skipping over those who have greater experience in regards to being a CSI.

And with the question concerning the continuation of CSI with the departure of Marg, I really can't say. It all depends on if the audience continues to watch and the ratings still appease the network heads.

If they're going to have any kind of assistant or co-assistant, they'd better be adding to the team or everyone will be a supervisor with no one to supervise! :lol:

But actually, I wish they would have let Catherine have a season or two where she really WAS the supervisor. Where they would have had just normal episodes like in the old days except she would be in the "Grissom" role. That would have been cool.

This was a huge "character development" stretch for Greg in "A Kiss Before Frying" his first screen kiss, and his last from her..:klingon:He was sure different from the quirky lab rat from so long ago.. really showed his soft tender side in this episode~

I think that we'll have more character development for Nick especially in the upcoming episode, especially after
he kills Beiber. Nick has been through a lot and it's bound to come crashing down...at least that's my evil mind at work, hoping how things go so we can have some incredible Nicky angst! There may be even some underlying guilt for killing the brother in the season opener; who knows?.
I'm not sure he could be any sexier than he is when he's mad or upset. :drool: I obviously like this icon when it comes to talking about Nick.

Last edited by a moderator:
We sure did see some "character development" in "All That Cremains" with Ray, how private he's been, and now sharing his emotions with Nick. I never thought I hear him saying anything close to that. "I loved her alot" WOW, he's become real close to Nick and they both share their thoughts and problems. Nick in "Turn Turn Turn" to Ray "She didn't have to die" and his consoling him, "Dr Who" when Nick went to Ray's house and helped him sort out what was going on with the serial killer case and the rest of the team joining in later. They've become a close knit team and all of them have went through trauma, so Ray spilling to Nick is a new compelling issue that we never saw before;)

We sure did see some "character development" in "All That Cremains" with Ray, how private he's been, and now sharing his emotions with Nick. I never thought I hear him saying anything close to that. "I loved her alot" WOW, he's become real close to Nick and they both share their thoughts and problems. Nick in "Turn Turn Turn" to Ray "She didn't have to die" and his consoling him, "Dr Who" when Nick went to Ray's house and helped him sort out what was going on with the serial killer case and the rest of the team joining in later. They've become a close knit team and all of them have went through trauma, so Ray spilling to Nick is a new compelling issue that we never saw before;)

Very good point. There has been a lot of growth in both their characters since Ray has come on board. I think that there is a mutual respect between the characters and that is nice to see on TV.

Back