Merlin.

haha, yeah robin hood was really annoying, they tried far too hard to make it edgy and it ended up being really annoying (casualty, take note, we like you when you're silly and english and crap, we don't want to you to be ER!). merlin is a bit modernised (well, the language and costumes for sure) but it's still recognisable as meant to be medieval.

^ I think you are right. Robin Hood tried way to hard, and it lost something. Merlin seems like it is doing better. At any rate it is good to have a nice family programme on on a saturday night, that isnt a game show!

I have to admit I have really gotten into this programme. I thought Sarah Parrish did a fantastic job as the troll in the epi afew weeks ago. All in all very enjoyable. I have even got my Dad into it!

the sarah parish one was really funny, yeah :) harry hill made some great comments about it on tv burp too. i liked the emilia fox one better tho, but then i like emilia fox anyway so i would....

did anyone see the CIN mini-ep last night? it was really cheesy, but i did quite like the idea of putting mobiles and microwaves (and chicken tikka!) into a medieval setting. not that they've ever really got the whole medieval thing right, it was almost like they were just amplifying their artistic licence a lot in case no one had noticed their lack of historical context before :) it was the only bit of CIN i watched, i'm quite impressed with myself.

Hmm, I didnt mind the Emilia Fox one, but Im not a big fan of hers. I liked her in Pride and Prejudice, but thats about it. With the whole Morgana's half sister thing she will probably be back.
I didnt watch any of CIN. I know these things are for a good cause, but I always try to avoid them, they get on my nerves, and go on forever.
mobiles and microwaves? so it was quite amusing then?

The Children in Need clip was hilarious, I loved Uther's cell phone, his guard looking like Rambo and Gaius not being amused at all.*lol* :lol:

I'm enjoying the season so far, it's such a pity there are only 13 episodes.

Btw, I think there's a special this weekend with Bradley and Colin on a road trip in Wales.

The Children in Need clip was hilarious, I loved Uther's cell phone, his guard looking like Rambo and Gaius not being amused at all.*lol* :lol:

I'm enjoying the season so far, it's such a pity there are only 13 episodes.

Btw, I think there's a special this weekend with Bradley and Colin on a road trip in Wales.

yeah the Children in need clip was very funny :)

i have a merlin question - why does everyone seem to like morgana so much? she's so whiney and annoying! if i were them i'd let her get kidnapped by the bad guys so they could deal with her irritating-ness!

She is rather annoying. But I do like her still. I think in my case I like looking at the pretty dresses she wears!
I dont know why Uther didn't throw her out of the castle already- she is always fighting him!

but gwen's dresses are nicer! and so is she!

good point - but then in bbc camelot everyone gets away with all kinds of things they really shouldn't!

I actually find Gwen a bit boring.
And hopefully the dragon will be out of the picture soon- those scenes of Merlin going down to ask it for help every epi are getting really repetitive. Kill the dragon!

i accidently watched merlin tomorrow and it wasnt that bad at all!
i guess i'll even watch it again, haha :D

I actually find Gwen a bit boring.

i know what you mean, she's a bit goody two shoes isn't she? but at least her voice doesn't sound like nails down a chalkboard and she doesn't whine all the time.

And hopefully the dragon will be out of the picture soon- those scenes of Merlin going down to ask it for help every epi are getting really repetitive. Kill the dragon!

haha me too, oh look, he's going downstairs AGAIN!:rolleyes:

Back