Jesse/Eddie #1 - 'Today's My Last Day...'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Sep 25, 2009.

1. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Well well!!! I've read many many different opinions on the guy, though mostly negative b/c of the actor's reputation or the fear he's gonna be on the show more than Ryan.

What can I say? I don't care about his reputation 'cause that's his private life and we're no one to judge it.

As for his character. While I do feel he's gonna be there more than Ryan & he's gonna have more storylines than Wolfe (OFC b/c of obvious reasons since HE is the new guy), I do enjoy him so far.

As far as I've seen about Eddie, he's good.

As for Jesse, I have only one adjective to describe him, for now, he is....charming!!
    I love the respect he had for anyone even for Calleigh when anyone else kept laughing at her. Yep, I love seeing the oldest ones (in terms of career) when they proctect the newbies. I just love it.

As for Jesse during the present, we'll have to see, but I'm quite confident he can be really really useful in terms of helping Ryan's storylines and his team trust ;)

Can't wait to see something more about the guy ;)

2. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

I've been watching Eddie since his days as a bad boy on Y&R, then I started watching him on Third Watch and now CSI Miami. One thing is for sure, he is a good actor. I wonder if he'll be a love interest for Natalia, I remember Eddie and Eva were paired with each other in Third Watch so I know they can work as a couple. Guess it is too early to think about romantic pairings though, he's only two episodes old. While I hate that Adam is leaving, I can't say that I am disappointed with Eddie as a new addition to the cast. Hopefully he can bring something different to the team like Jonathan did when he joined the cast as Ryan.

3. BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida Rookie

I completely adore Jesse Cardoza and I think Eddie is a wonderful actor! He's the reason that I've finally decided to sit through a Miami episode without mocking the show. And Miami surprised me with its brilliant season premiere that certainly made me a new fan, and Jesse/Eddie is a big reason for that!

It was so nice to see someone who's actually quite normal nice and decent without him being some big shot superhero or something. I love that Jesse is just your average normal guy, he's nice, sweet, kind, respectable, and a team player. He's not there to steal glory or the spotlight, and he does whatever his teammates ask him to do. AND he's just charming!!!! CUTE! ADORABLE! AND CHARMING!

I just saw the second episode with Jesse in the middle of a hostage crisis......gonna put it in spoiler tags just in case....

I believe that Jesse's official-present-day entrance into the show was handled brilliantly! It was almost quite like the low-key entrance he had with the flashback episode. This wasn't an hour of Jesse being superhero and all awesome, in fact, the crisis was resolved only 20 minutes into the episode, and yes Jesse may be in the middle of it, but he wasn't the big center of attention even if he was quite nice to look at. Oh and there was a shirtless scene!:drool: But that was only for a brief moment before he put on another shirt since his other one was used to tie up a woman's bullet wound. What I love about Jesse is that he was calm under pressure and smart about his moves. And once he was out of the crisis and they went to figure out what was really going on, he politely asked Horatio that "I would like to see this through" to which Horatio answered "Jesse, you never need to ask." And not only did he completely respect the authority of those around him, he worked well with the rest of the team too. And it was cute to see him and Calleigh together again after 12 years!

I mean, other than the ending and those 20 minutes of being a hostage, Jesse was pretty much operating just like any other character, looking for evidence and stuff like that like in any other simple case-story episode. For those of you worrying about screentime, I don't think it'll be a problem. Sure he'll have a few more starring storylines since he is the new guy, but I think the writers now finally learned how to handle the deliver of a new character without going overboard. So far, they've been very smart about how to use Jesse.

And can I just say that I LOVE LOVE the connection/friendship between Jesse and Horatio! Those two worked so well together! One look between them and the other one knows how to react to the situation at hand. David and Eddie has an incredible natural chemistry! And it speaks to their bond to hear that one moment of panic in Horatio's voice when he noticed that Jesse was missing among the hostages and he kept on calling through his earpiece to the rest of SWAT to see if they can see Jesse.

I love Jesse and Eddie! I really hope he sticks around!!! Jesse Cardoza is a great new addition to the Miami cast! And I really appreciate not having a new character shoved down my throat about how special this character is suppose to be, it was so good not having that feeling with Jesse! I love the fact that he just felt like a normal good man!:thumbsup:

GO JESSE! GO EDDIE!:bolian:

4. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I like the character a lot so far.

5. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

I think both Eddie as an actor and Jesse as a character, are great additions to the show.

I have to be honest and say before the season premier and the second episode last night, I'd never seen Eddie in anything. So I'm looking at his acting through fresh eyes with no preconceived expection.

I think Eddie Cibrian is a good actor.

He is definitely able to project what is necessary to make his character believable for me. His introduction was handled very well. Much better that I thought it would be.

I'm really interested to see how the relationship with Horatio and Jesse is played and explained. They seem to be very close and are able to read each other very well. Horatio appears to care a great deal about Jesse.

I want to see him establish working relationships with everyone not just team up every episode with Calleigh.

I think Eddie is bringing a fresh look to the show and new blood. And I think it's a good thing! ;)

Last edited: Sep 29, 2009
  6. Jess713

Jess713 Victim

at first(season premiere) i refused to like Jesse/Eddie. but in this epi, i cant help it. hes very amusing to me. im glad they didnt make the whole episode about him. other wise i would have not liked him haha. but Jesse seems to be pretty humble and respectful,and not to mention charming as all hell!! hes very interesting as well, its kind of irritating me that we dont know much/anything about him yet.so i cant wait to get some facts(if there will be any) i didnt realize how good if a actor Eddie was until i recently saw him in a old Criminal Minds episode. hes really good. and he plays the role of Jesse very well. im very impressed with him. he might be my second favorite on the showOo didnt see that one coming ha!

7. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

I like Jesse and also like the fact that he tends be light hearted like how Eric used to be. the second ep showed hints that he might become good buds with Ryan so here's hoping that happens

8. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

That's really what I'm hoping for. Ryan and Eric didn't always get along. There was great potential there, but the writers didn't go there because Eric and Speed were best friends and they didn't want it to look like Eric was replacing Speed. So, I really hope tptb make Ryan and Jesse friends. Call me crazy, but I can actually see Ryan, Jesse and Dave hanging out together... maybe going to a ball game or something. :lol:

9. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

I think Ryan and Jesse could be friends, their scene in last night's episode was short but it could be a preview of things to come.

10. lizziewalker

lizziewalker Rookie

jesse was really good this ep, his not so bad

11. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

I'm not thrilled about a new guy as I fear it will take away from Ryan's screentime (little that he has) but so far he's not bad. And he's pretty cute. Reminds me a lot of Flack/Eddie Cahill. :)

12. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

I understand, I too wasn't that excited that Eddie was joining the show. It isn't that Eddie isn't a good actor, it was more about the worry that he would get more screentime than the others on the team. After seeing him in this episode, it's kind of hard not to like him. I hope the writers can find a way to showcase the entire team, kind of like what they did at the end. In the interviews with the cast, they said things would be different this season, I hope so!!

13. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Jesse Cardoza....one of the best characters ever they could bring on this show. He's hot, smart, charming and, above all, so damn refreshing.
    This show really needs someone like him. I've always said that he can finally be Ryan's buddy (the one this poor guy never had) and this can give Ryan much more screentime than what people tend to believe.

They're not focusing on Jesse, atll all and I'm really glad they're doing so 'cause otherwise it would be like bringing back some old awful stories. We've already had them and it's time to move on.

His chemistry with anyone is great. Love the way Eddie interacted with Sharif Atkin....it was awesome.

Great interaction with anyone else as well. I loved how he kept reasoning with Calleigh till he proved that the suspect was innocent...IDK, I thought it was cute both for him and the little kid :adore:

Plus there's something soooo natural between him that I don't know what it is, but I love it! :thumbsup:

I love him so far and I'm ready to love him even more :thumbsup:

14. SomewhereApart

SomewhereApart Prime Suspect

Yes. This. I agree totally. I loved him in Monday's episode, and I think they've done a great job of setting him up so far. I want to see more of him, which doesn't always happen when you throw a new character into an established show. But I feel like he may end up being a great addition to the team.

Also, if they could do all of us a favor and try to get his shirt off at least once per episode, that'd be just fine with me. Cuz wow. lol :thumbsup: Eddie Cibrian may just be the hottest thing to walk into MDPD.

15. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

:lol: Totally agree. I'm all for it!. Seriously, he's hot!