Mac ♥ Stella # 17 - 'Cause you can't fake chemistry like that...

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Stepherweps, Jul 6, 2009.

?

Mac ♥ Stella #17 -

Poll closed Jul 8, 2009.
  1. Mac ♥ Stella #17 - 'Cause you can't fake chemistry like that...

10 vote(s)
    35.7%
  2. Mac ♥ Stella #17 - 'Cause Talk CSI Smack fans want it... NOW!!!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Mac ♥ Stella #17 - Just the 2 of us, we can make it if we try...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Mac ♥ Stella #17 - One couple, too hot for words...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Mac ♥ Stella #17 - They Belong Together. Would Smack fans lie to you?

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  6. Mac ♥ Stella #17 - 'Cause coffee grounds say he will be forever by her side...

3 vote(s)
    10.7%
  7. Mac ♥ Stella #17 - 'Cause she's the only woman in his life...

4 vote(s)
    14.3%
  8. Mac ♥ Stella #17 - 'Cause the coffee grounds agree with us.

4 vote(s)
    14.3%
  9. Mac ♥ Stella #17 - When friendship turns to love...

4 vote(s)
    14.3%
  10. Mac ♥ Stella #17 - The truth is in the coffee...

2 vote(s)
    7.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

i dunno, i can - she's never seemed to me to be the type to shy away from such things and i can definitely imagine her having one too many comfort drinks and doing something she may not want to repeat but wouldn't regret either.

woooooah! hold up a second. a solitary one night stand with someone who you might not normally go for (or indeed anyone else) does NOT (ever, ever) make you a slut. it really saddens me when people label women as sluts so easily, especially when it's other women doing it. [/slightly ot and ranty feminist defence of stella]

in the same way using drink to get through trauma does not make someone a reckless drunk - sure it can lead to that but flack shouldn't be written off.

and for the record - a solitary one night stand also does not constitute sleeping around. [/rant - honest!]

i didn't think it was *that* out of character anyway - i mean, i didn't want it to happen and i didn't like it much but i don't think it was out of the realms of possibility for stella to do something like that.

i agree - it was more like a tying up of loose ends and preparation than a standalone. i thought lindsay was ok in it actually. normally she annoys me when she talks to danny but i thought she was ok. except when she picked up the bullet which seemed a little patronising.

y'don't need to be looking miserable to be feeling it....

YES!! <3

hmm anyway, back to smacked - i though the last scene of them was lovely, i really hope mac finally realises something about them - it looked like a possibility but hey y'never know with these writers....

2. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

Oh Yeah? Than she should have gotten a vibrator.

Sure but who can take them SERIOUS now?

If that was the case you would think she would seek Mac out first too "Find comfort" since they are trying to suggest there is somthing there and apparently if that was the case Mac turned her down then? So....Adam was the next best thing? Warmth from the dorky guy? Sorry but I am afraid they have over reached this time and did some serious harm to Stellas integrity which puts her in the catagory of "Slutty". And as far as running the show we never will ... Maybe if Melina gets pregnant we may have a chance:rolleyes:

3. EngleBarn

EngleBarn Rookie

I have a feeling that you didn't like the episode very much Lori K. :) anyhow, I see where you're going, but maybe Mac was a little too caught up in the case and saving the day yet again, to notice that the team was hurting, even his best friend..

I believe I can take the SMacked scenes seriously, it doesn't matter that they don't get together right away. I like the way their friendship are right now. Just my opinion.

4. Asprine

Asprine Pathologist

:) Asprine have brought some Screen Caps here from the episode.

Season 6 Episode 1 - Epilogue

[​IMG]

In this scene, they keep smiling at each other. Gazes that speaks volume. Tons of screen caps that tells millions of stories ;).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They needed no words to communicate in this scene, and both of them were smiling while packing up. Asprine's heart is beating out of her chest. :adore: There are more screen caps from the episode below.

More Screen Caps from the scene and the episode:
    http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd335/AsprineSmacked/Screen Caps/6011.jpg

http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd335/AsprineSmacked/Screen Caps/60110.jpg

http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd335/AsprineSmacked/Screen Caps/60111.jpg

http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd335/AsprineSmacked/Screen Caps/60113.jpg

http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd335/AsprineSmacked/Screen Caps/60116.jpg

http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd335/AsprineSmacked/Screen Caps/6013.jpg

http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd335/AsprineSmacked/Screen Caps/6015.jpg

http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd335/AsprineSmacked/Screen Caps/6016.jpg

http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd335/AsprineSmacked/Screen Caps/6019.jpg

:)

Last edited: Sep 24, 2009
  5. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

^ woo, thank you!! i think i can still take any potential smacked stuff seriously - it's been said before that jealous mac might be a good thing but it's also possible that a fling with the wrong person could make stella realise properly who the right person is?! who knows?!

6. Nirce

Nirce Hit and Run

Hello,

I have not seen the espisode ... who knows when it will pass in Brazil ... I'll see if I can download the net ... but the comments would like to know one question ... if Stella slept with Adam just to reduce their pain and will not happen again (I hope in my heart that it will not happen) ... which will add to this show? ...

bjs

7. shippyangel

shippyangel Rookie

my point exactly.

i think that it was kind of disrespectful with smacked fans. honestly. i mean, no one can deny that there's this tension and this amazing bond between mac and stella. TPTB gave us that a million times, in different gazes and touches and words and.... you know what i'm saying? ok, maybe they couldn't be together NOW and maybe they could hook up with some people but.... with someone from the team? from the lab? with ADAM?? really? he always kind of had a crush on stella but COME ON there was nothing there EVER romantic between them. it was very.... like "WHATTHEFUCK?". from personal experience, stella could have been with ANYONE else (just as mac) before they finally decide to act on it. but with one of 'the guys'? from personal experience, it ruins EVERYTHING! it breaks the slightest chance to change what it was. i just can't imagine mac knowing what happened and just say 'hey, thats normal. thats ok. stella is with adam but now she can be with me'. they must be kidding. but they were not and i felt very... disrespected. really. because they give us the material to believe that there's something going on and then they just rubbed it in our faces and say "woohoo you are way out of line". well, THEY were way outta line. it was stupic, almost like a joke. a very bad joke. i'm HUGELY (is that a word?) disapointed. they took what was an AMAZING chance to show on screen this bond that people can possibly have in their lives, with an almost unrequired love in front of their faces. and they threw it away.

i'll continue watching the show, probably, as a law student who loves legal medicine. nothing more.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2009
  8. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

Smacked family....I am back. I am so sorry for my absence...and I would have been here sooner but I was trying to get the burning sensation out of my eyes....

First of all...

WTF! really...Stella...was Mac being that distant that you had to go somewhere else...:scream::scream:

Nothing against Adam...I like him, I just don't like him with Stella...she belongs to Mac and only Mac

the shipper part in me says that Mac knows Stella "cheated" on him so that is another reason why he is so upset while they are in the office...of course that is just my thinking

I don't like it when they are not happy, it hurts me.

The last scene was nice....Stella has a lot of making up to do with Mac...

Sorry I missed you all...hope you had a nice summer...I will be back to making regular visits...

9. AlienMonkey

AlienMonkey Hit and Run

Wow I'm hiding because of all the hostility in here against Stella. SHE'S A WOMAN! I'm not going to get into anything here (I'll save that for the Stellerina thread). Is almost like people can't make mistakes. I actually had no probelm with Stella/Adam, even my mom who's new to SMACked saw it was just a one time thing. I'm not going to stop watching the show just because of this; sure I'm a loyal SMACked fan and I'll defend myself until the end but I'm just saying it was only the first episode of the season, and it was a DL writer writing it. We were already basically told there'd be SMACked in this season and so I believe that. This was basically just a wake up call for Mac, even if he doesn't see it. I know how people get in tramautic situations, they deal in their own way. That doesn't make them "sluts" or "reckless drunks", that makes them human. Stella is a woman who's just been through something huge, and her best friend was going through his "Super hero" phase to not notice. Even though I know nothing would have happened between the two.

Ok, enough about that. Those SMACked scenes we got was enough to convince me that something is coming. The look that Mac gave her at the end was enough to show how much he appreciated her, and her look to him told me tht she knew. It'll take time for them both to get over this; but now that Mac knows he's not alone - on anything - he'll be more receptive. And besides like I said before, we got the whole season.

10. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I think you summed up everything I was going to say. I'm sorry I haven't been here to defend our Stella and Mac but ... like AlienMonkey said, hopefully this will be Mac's wake up call.

Mac and Stella NEED each other! They are so much more than friends. The look he gave her, she gave him back. This isn't the end of Stella and Mac, it could be just the beginning. ;)
    And one good thing coming out of Stella's little indescretion is a jeolous Mac. :p

11. EngleBarn

EngleBarn Rookie

Again, I don't mind the whole Adam/Stella thing, but we can only hope that the way there going to go with it, is as a one night thing - and Macs wake up call. That would be awesome..

12. shippyangel

shippyangel Rookie

i don't think that makes stella a slut. i understand your point of view and agree with it. i'm not mad at melina or stella or anything quite like that. i'm just incredibly mad with TPTB for what they've done.

((DEBBIE)) i'm worried about your absence here and your messages. please, say something. :( i miss you BADLY!

13. AlienMonkey

AlienMonkey Hit and Run

Sorry if it made it sound like that; I've had a rough morning arguing with others on MSN about this whole thing.

I hate TPTB for what they've been doing, beating around the bush. Melina did an incredible job for what she was made to do, and you could tell in the interview she was really annoyed with it.

14. Plenilunio

Plenilunio Lab Technician

I know this is not the place to discuss Adam/Stella, but I agree with AlienMonkey. Actually, one of the reasons I haven't been around over the last few weeks is that I didn't want to be part of a crude discussion about Stella's relationships. I am not dismayed, appalled, disgusted or anything similar. The only thing I didn't like was that I found it rather useless: they sleep together and Stell decides not to do it again, end of the story. Unless it's used again in some way later during the season, I don't see the point.

I don't believe in the "one true pairing" thing, although I respect people who do. I think Stella and Mac would be grea together, they need each other and if they weren't side by side, they'd be completely lost. Since 1.01 I'd hoped and expected them to be together one day. However, that doesn't mean I can't see the potential in other relationships. Apparently, the "Smacked? Nice, but not gonna happen" strategy is going to be applied. It's just fine with me. The fact that I know a couple is not likely to become true does not deter me from liking it.

So, all in all, long live Smacked!

15. Andromeda

Andromeda Police Officer

Hey, Smackies,
    couldn´t watch the episode yet, but most comments considering Adam/Stella don´t sound as bad as I´d expected, though some are OTT, especially here in the Smackie-thread, where some of you are understandably not so happy ;).

EngleBarn, I agree with you on that, though at first I was shocked to hear about the affair of Adam and Stella, I can live now with it, because Stella is only a human being and strong as she usually is, but after all that happened in the past weeks of her life, she got weak and did something that she probably would never do otherwise.
    But I´m not sure it will really just remain a one-night stand, though both seem to see it that way, but maybe they´ll relapse :lol:, because Melina said in that one interview that Stella "begins a relationship....", that doesn´t sound like a one-night stand to me. Also, what´s the point then? Just one fun night with Adam and -swoosh- she has recovered from her trauma? That would be a bit too simple and incredulous.

Keep cool, guys, hugs from the now back to normal non-Smackie Andromeda :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.