Grade "Epilogue"

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Sep 21, 2009.

?

How would you grade Epilogue?

1. A+

27 vote(s)
    21.6%
  2. A

32 vote(s)
    25.6%
  3. A-

10 vote(s)
    8.0%
  4. B+

14 vote(s)
    11.2%
  5. B

14 vote(s)
    11.2%
  6. B-

5 vote(s)
    4.0%
  7. C+

2 vote(s)
    1.6%
  8. C

6 vote(s)
    4.8%
  9. C-

2 vote(s)
    1.6%
  10. D+

2 vote(s)
    1.6%
  11. D

5 vote(s)
    4.0%
  12. D-

2 vote(s)
    1.6%
  13. F

4 vote(s)
    3.2%
  1. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

The only reason to include this storyline would be to show how much they hate Stella as a character:brickwall::brickwall::brickwall::brickwall::brickwall::brickwall:

Personally i m looking for a new show!:scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream:

Débora:angryrazz::angryrazz::angryrazz::angryrazz::angryrazz:

2. symbeline

symbeline Witness

I am so disappointed that I still don't know what to say. I guess I'll come later to write a longer post, but as now I'm still sad an angry at the writers.

And not just for Adam/Stella.

3. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

It seems to me that Lindsay in this episode was very much like early S2 Lindsay with a bit more life experience behind her. It's the way I would have expected Lindsay to progress organically as a character if TPTB had stuck with one solid characterization for her throughout the series. I liked Lindsay in S2 so I have to say even if Lindsay stays as nothing more than a love interest for Danny I will like her if they keep this personality and Anna Belknap keeps selling it the way she did last night.

I think Kristine put words to why I liked the episode so much. Even though it wrapped up the cliffhanger it felt very much like brief glimpses of what's to come for the rest of the season and it got me excited to watch again.

4. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I have to disagree with you here for the simple fact that Adam had a scare last season where he could have lost his job due to budget cuts (so I think he was justified and entitled to being worried that Haylen would take his job or that his job would just be nixed altogether). If not for the others giving up their paid vacation time, he would have been out of a job. Now here comes this girl who noticed something at the crime scene that he missed... and bam, he's back to worrying about losing his job again (because he missed the print). Then she says "I want your job" which scares him more because, I don't know if anyone else has noticed or not, but Adam is kind of insecure.

I don't think he was being arrogant at all. I think he was terrified of losing his job, period. Sometimes when one is terrified, they tend to snap at people. I don't think he was being selfish. I think he was just an insecure guy. He started to panic that he was going to lose his job. I think Adam also tends to be a bit of a perfectionist as well. He couldn't fathom that he had missed something because he knows how thorough he is. He could possibly even be a bit OCD.

I think he was more upset with himself over missing evidence than he was with Haylen, but sometimes when you are upset with yourself, you tend to accidentally take it out on someone else. I do think that Haylen was quite pushy though. :lol: She strikes me as one of those type of people that aggressively goes after what they want and doesn't give up until they get it. :lol: Me thinks she wants Adam more than she wants his job. :p

5. Plenilunio

Plenilunio Lab Technician

It's almost 17'30h and the episode got me yawning. Not a good sign. I prefer not to talk about the ridiculous plot not to think about it much, I still want to keep watching the series.
    -The newbie is obnoxious, Adam should have pulled her hair.
    -D/L: quoting Danny "same old, same old".
    -Adam/Stella: what the...?:wtf: They sleep together and that's that?! Then we don't they skip it altogether, what's the point?
    -SuperMac to the rescue! I'm happy Stella told him it's not all about him. Which leads to the following point.
    -It's all about the team. Everyone but those guys and their relatives is safe in NYC. Thanks, guys!

6. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

:lol: I could kind of see these two sparring together for some reason. :lol:

I'm wondering the same thing. It seemed so utterly pointless to me.

7. CSI Cupcake

CSI Cupcake Police Officer

Yes and amen! I also liked S2 Lindsay and think they should have kept her on that track. She came across in this episode as warm and mature and positive and not at all self-serving or self-sacrificing. With TPTB establishing her as such at the beginning it will be more acceptable for her to have a bad day where she gets overwhelmed and has the pity party. It happens to everyone at least once in a crisis and I wouldn't expect her to not go through that.

And I have to agree they have set the stage for a lot of things to play out in future episodes. That alone allows me to keep the A that I gave it.

8. Kreguba

Kreguba Witness

In 'The Party's Over', it was pretty much stated that Adam is OCD. And I agree that his anger was more over the fact that he missed something rather than actually being mad at Haylen.

The whole A/S thing did exactly what it was supposed to do.

Get us all stirred up about nothing. It was a ratings ploy that worked tremendously well. Once is enough though, and I hope its not done again.

Debb, do not give up hope!! Remember the Smacked scene at the end!

9. La_Guera

La_Guera Lab Technician

Dear Danny,

This may come as a surprise to you,but even lowly cripples comb their hair and bathe before going to work. Disabled/=filthy slob. Just because your legs and magical man plumbing are currently out of order, that doesn't mean you have to inflict your nigh-visible funk onto your hapless co-workers and Lindsay. I'm no Lindsay fan, but even she doesn't deserve to be enveloped in that level of butt fug. Pull yourself together and stop wallowing. Despite his grief over Angell, Flack manages not to look like a hobo. Paralysis is no excuse.

La Guera

And yes, I know Danny's disheveled appearance was a reflection of his precarious mental state, but it was gross to see Danny with lank, greasy, unkempt hair. He looked dirty. I can't imagine how he smelled. It's realistic, I grant you. Cripples rudely inducted into the subculture often experience protracted periods of depression and self-pity, and Danny's pity pool certainly had an Olympic-regulation deep end on it. I'm glad to see the emotional continuity after so many other injuries and traumas have been neglected because they weren't "sexy" enough, but if Danny continues to harp on how awful his life is because he's in a wheelchair, poor him, I'm going to put my head through a wall.

"Look at me," he whined incessantly during the clandestine interview. Shut up. It's terrible that you were injured during the shootout, but you weren't the only, or the worst, casualty of that night. The bartender is dea. You're alive, and have the support of your boss, your co-workers, and your wife(amazingly enough). It's not all about you. Losing the use of your legs isn't a death sentence. Why should Snitch Girl feel sorrier for you than for the dead bartender just because you have wheels under your ass for the time being?

At least Mac mentioned the dead bartender.

If Raisa Calaveras worked in the lab and knew the bar was going to be hit, why didn't she simply walk into Mac's office and tell him? Even if she were afraid for her brother, why didn't she just go into his office after the fact instead of calling a tipline and skulking into the night on a shady rendezvous? Had she spilled her guts in the lab, she wouldn't have been shot.

Dear Flack,

How did you know Danny was off playing superhero if Mac and Danny were on a secret mission known only to them?

Speaking of Flack, I'm, going to jam my fingers into my ears and cover my eyes and resolutely deny the fact that they're turning him into a hard-drinking man-ho rather than dealing with the gut-wrenching effects of his loss in a manner truer to his established character. I'm going to pretend that the girl at the bar was an old high school friend. The end, and screw you, TPTB, for corrupting his appealing sweetness.

For once, I found myself on Team Lindsay(well, except for the "I took a longshot before and ended up with you" comment, which stopped her laudable momentum like a punch in the face). Danny does need a kick in the ass. and a hard one.

Dear Haylen,

You're more selfish, annoying, and self-congratulatory than Lindsay. I didn't think such a feat was humanly possible. Please trip over your prodigious ego, fall down the stairs, and break your useless neck.

So, the shooting was a lame coincidence and not a vast conspiracy that could take all season to unravel. Way to blow a potentially juicy season-long arc, oh, trained monkeys shitting on paper genius scribes who've been sadly overlooked by the Emmy Nominations committee until bribes and hashish were duly distributed along with copies of "Grounds for Deception". Feh. This season could've been explosive, but now it's likely to be an abysmal wet fart that isn't worth the energy expended by lifting the leg to let it out.

D

10. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

i liked this episode a lot. what i liked the most was that it wasn't all revenge,rage fueled. sure Danny was being pissy about being the chair and wanted to catch the guys that did it but Mac wasn't going off the wall with revenge... that was huge to me that he wasn't going crazy, he was actually calm.

poor Flack that guy is going to be feeling like crap later on i can sense it. his whole exchange with Mac seemed really forced.

Adam and Stella are definitely going to happen again something in that talk in lab about not doing it again assured the point that will happen.

Danny looking like he hasn't cut his or shaved in months... haha. i kinda liked it it made him look hot in a way.

the new girl can go i don't like her already. i think it was Sarah Carter she was crap.

this episode was a nice way to come back after a really rough ending. everyone had great scenes, it was fuuny, intense and sad. i'm actually really looking forward to the rest of the season this ep felt like it set the tone for the rest of the season.

11. LpoHeartsNick

LpoHeartsNick Rookie

I dont agree with that logic. I doubt it has to do with being disabled alone. He is depressed and most people that go through shit like that are not interested in putting themselves together. He's going through a lot and has lost interest in looking sexy all the time and more about getting up.
    I dont like that logic. That statement bothered me.

12. symbeline

symbeline Witness

I was feeling a little bit guilty for giving the episode a C- but then I read your review and you've nicely sum up how I felt about it, so now I'm thinking that I was maybe too generous :lol:

I was hoping to see Danny losing it onscreen, not looking like he's already lost it.

The whole episode felt like a 45-minute promo of what's going to happen the rest of the season. Too many things left unexplained and too many "and that's how we are a month later".

I can't say I'm excited to see what happens next, but I hope it's better than "Epilogue" or I'm going to be doing a lot of :brickwall: this season.

13. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I give it a C

This is the third time I've attempted to post my review. Apparently TALK CSI doesn't want to know what I have to say??? :wtf:

Well the part that intrigued me the most was when Mac found out the shooter wasn't someone or somebody more sinister. Just some kids that were out to get their kicks. I can only imagine Mac's outrage and frustration finding out the person who shot into the bar was just out to see what they could get away with. Mac wasn't as 'God Like' as he normally is. I love Mac but he can be self absorbed at times. He was supportive to Flack and to Danny.

Danny, poor guy. Frustrated feeling useless and now is lying to his wife. I feel for him but yea, clean up yourself.
    I can see why he is feeling very depressed. He worked very hard since season 1 to prove himself and now he gets shot and paralyzed for his efforts. That has to be damaging to say the least.

Lindsay, this I'm finding very unrealistic. Ask any new mother, going back to work isn't easy. She has a very grueling job and an injured husband. I'm not buying all her optimism. Perhaps, the new mother high hasn't worn off yet??? I'm finding it hard to believe with all the things going on around them, all is well in Danny/Lindsay land. :confused:

Adam/Stella. This didn't creep me out as much as I thought it would. Two people reaching out to one another. They didn't overdo or bombard us with visuals. We used our imaginations on how they interacted. Both Adam and Stella were strong and smart enough to know that it won't lead anywhere. I wasn't as repulsed as I thought I would be. This coming from the person who LOVES to watch Mac and Stella 'dance' around each other.

I'm liking Sheldon more and more. I love his storylines. This financial thing has got me intrigued.

I know why CSI NY let Emmunelle go, to afford the new sets. Not impressed. :wtf:

Overall, good sub plots but the polished episode as a whole was sort of flat.

14. La_Guera

La_Guera Lab Technician

It's not a matter of looking sexy; it's a matter of looking presentable. If Danny is still so depressed by his condition that he can't be assed to bathe or comb his hair or put on a clean shirt, then the last place he needs to be is out in the field around danger or in the lab with evidence that requires concentration and attention to detail. If he's still that bereft by his new circumstances, then he needs counseling and to get in touch with an occupational therapist who can set him up with skills and equipment to make basic hygiene easier.

And I see scant evidence that he's put much effort into getting up, either. I'm sure he's been to physical therapy and rehab, but until we hear how that's been going, I can only assume Danny's spent most of the past month pissing and moaning about how much seeing the world at ass-level sucks.

15. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

I can't say I won't think it'll be a total waste of a good character if they only keep Lindsay as Danny's love interest for the rest of the show. It really got to me that we didn't see her exchange more than a handful of words with anyone other than him last night (although I felt for his pain, so I can forgive TPTB for that; and since the episode did kind of focus on his injury, I'm willing to hope that's not always going to be the case). But yeah, you guys pinpointed exactly why it didn't bother me more than I think it normally would have - Lindsay was really reminiscent of S2!Lindsay (who I loved), and Danny and Lindsay's bantering was similarly reminiscent of the way they used to banter back in S2 (when they seemed like great friends, and ohmygosh, I'd forgotten how much I missed that!). They really did seem like they were on the same side again, rather than on the verge of being at each other's throats, and if it could please stay that way, I wouldn't find them so toxic for each other.

She grew! :p From "I'm not good at this sort of thing" to "nothing can change the way I feel about you" (even if I did gag at that 10% thing, I mean honestly, there is such a thing as overkill times two :wtf:). I'm totally impressed, if not surprised - I knew I saw her having learned something from what happened in Season 4! [/fangirling]

Back to un-gripe about Flack: They're definitely going somewhere good with this new player thing he's doing. I'm interested to see where exactly - is it just that he's looking for another Angell, or something similar to what he had with Angell, or maybe he's trying to forget her .... I don't know, but I want to find out. He seemed like he was just trying too, too hard to be okay, that it's so obvious he wasn't okay. I didn't have half as much problem with the way he'd apparently turned to drinking as well; good potential for Sam parallels, and even if they don't bring her back I'm hoping we'll at least get a mention of her. And yeah, this was a good way to open up into his storyline - it tells us there's more coming.

I knew we predicted that it'd be Stella's character (more than Adam's anyway) that would get the backlash of Adam/Stella. But I'm actually this close to hoping they do stay together and get married and become D/L v.02 complete with all the angsty nonsensical drama, only this time done right. If only because it's very uncool how Stella's being called everything from a "slut" to the writers' "most hated character".:wtf: It's seriously that shocking that she dared to hook up with someone from work who wasn't Mac? I'm not saying that deciding to "live for the moment" by falling into bed with Adam was the best way to go, but I really doubt she's using him. I doubt even more that he only viewed it as "yay, I got to nail Stella". I think I'm with everyone who says that it's unlikely to just stay as a one-time-thing (because that never happens on TV). And more impressively, it was done tastefully - they clearly hadn't lost one ounce of respect for each other, even if they were awkward during that one moment when they talked about it. It's not the best decision to make, but it seems far less self-destructive or unhealthy for either of them than I thought it would be - much less self-destructive than even a Flack/Stella hookup would've been at this point, really. I like them. I want to see where Adam/Stella goes.

And I don't think Adam's selfish, either. I'm bordering on liking Haylen, but Adam was completely right - she has a world of nerve, expecting him to do a favour for her like putting in a good word for her when he's literally known her for two hours. That had nothing to do with whether she'd shown him up or not, it's just in general rude to ask people you don't know to go out on a limb like that for you. Why not go through more regular channels, like maybe volunteering or interning at the lab and scoping it out that way - which is what most people who want a job do first?