Grade "Epilogue"

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Sep 21, 2009.

?

How would you grade Epilogue?

1. A+

27 vote(s)
    21.6%
  2. A

32 vote(s)
    25.6%
  3. A-

10 vote(s)
    8.0%
  4. B+

14 vote(s)
    11.2%
  5. B

14 vote(s)
    11.2%
  6. B-

5 vote(s)
    4.0%
  7. C+

2 vote(s)
    1.6%
  8. C

6 vote(s)
    4.8%
  9. C-

2 vote(s)
    1.6%
  10. D+

2 vote(s)
    1.6%
  11. D

5 vote(s)
    4.0%
  12. D-

2 vote(s)
    1.6%
  13. F

4 vote(s)
    3.2%
  1. symbeline

symbeline Witness

I was going to reply buy Fay did a better job than I. That's exactly what I wanted to say:

It's not about knowing if Danny has lied or if his supposedly 60% chance is a reason to be optimistic. It's about trying to understand what is he going trough and how she can help because with a baby at home, Lindsay can't possibly devote herself to Danny. Even with a nanny -and perhaps also Danny's parents- a newborn has a lot of needs and I think it's realistic that Lindsay will need advice and help.

You know, maybe she's acting happy and perky again because she thinks that's the best way to deal with Danny, but IMO she's not dealing with how the situation is affecting her, she's just going through the motion. But if the writers decide that we'll never see how Lindsay is coping, just her new positive and cheerful personality, then it's really fruitless to discuss it.
    I guess for some people it's easier to accept that Lindsay is going to be the perfect wife and mother forever and ever and ignore how their relationship was before the shooting, but for me this will mean that Lindsay will never be more than that, Danny's loving and supportive wife.

2. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

Yeah, I agree. Problem is, this episode was written by the same people who gave us Sid's-Biggest-Fan-Even-Though-She's-Never-Met-Him!Angell. A lot of the time, we're supposed to assume that all these little personal moments happened behind the scenes, even if we're not shown them.
    I think there's very little realistic chance that Lindsay would've been able to say just the right words to Danny without having gotten at least a little help or advice from someone (likely Hawkes, possibly Stella), and I'm more than a little pissed that the scene where she must have gotten that advice was either cut or left unwritten in favour of DL scenes. But in the writers' defense, as much as showing this scene would've made that "optimism" DL scene more realistic later, I can see how it might pale in comparison to showing that Lindsay at least wants to help Danny, even with a baby at home. That was the important factor in that scene, IMO, not what she was actually saying.

Only I can't just accept that the writers aren't ever going to show how she's coping, or they're only going to show her being the perfect wife. (At least, not without loudly complaining to CBS :shifty:) And I'm not ready to assume that's all they're going to give us based on two aired episodes -- only one of which DL, or even Lindsay's issues, was featured in. I can give them time to show Lindsay's issues (especially since the 6.04 spoiler where Hawkes picks Danny up from therapy kind of hints that Lindsay might be on the verge of cracking, finally). Unlike with the Ruben arc in S4, they've already shown the important thing: that Lindsay wants to support Danny, and this time around she let him know it. They can, and they'd better, show how the situation affects her later...wouldn't she have been making it "All About Her" if they'd shown that right from the first episode of the storyline?

Last edited: Oct 5, 2009